Squeeky Fromm, Girl Reporter.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Re: Squeeky Fromm, Girl Reporter.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:22 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
phaseolus wrote:a few feet behind the thrust, IIRC
Ours is only an amateur cenium.
Is that in front of the Vomitorium?

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:01 am

I knew I would see Squeeky show up in the comments on this article about the Fourth Circuit knocking down NC racist voter ID law at Jonathan Turley's blog before I opened it. The comments were quite predictable.

https://jonathanturley.org/2016/07/31/n ... uit-court/

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:44 am

Reality Check wrote:I knew I would see Squeeky show up in the comments on this article about the Fourth Circuit knocking down NC racist voter ID law at Jonathan Turley's blog before I opened it. The comments were quite predictable.

Yes. Predictable and pathetic. The person behind the Fromm persona is a vicious racist and not very smart. Hard to say if it's the original person who used that name.

BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:54 am

Squacky:
Sooo, let the law stand. When you consider that black voting actually INCREASED after the law, then any thing else is irrelevant to me.
:lol: Lying sack o' crap.

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:57 pm

The article says that by reducing the number of early voting days from 17 to 10, one of the two Sundays when black churches bus voters to polling stations was eliminated. That does not compute.

The problem was not so much the number of days, but in NC, early voting ends on the Saturday before election day. I notice that is true in several of the states that have early voting. I can't really see the reason for it. Quite a few states have early voting lasting until election day. The number of days varies greatly from state to state and even county to county.

https://www.vote.org/early-voting-calendar/

What was most disturbing about the legislation was that it was clearly designed to discriminate and not that some of the changes may have appeared reasonable on the surface or in other circumstances.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Reality Check wrote:I knew I would see Squeeky show up in the comments on this article about the Fourth Circuit knocking down NC racist voter ID law at Jonathan Turley's blog before I opened it. The comments were quite predictable.

Yes. Predictable and pathetic. The person behind the Fromm persona is a vicious racist and not very smart. Hard to say if it's the original person who used that name.
Squeeky started up with the racist stuff in the comments of his/her blog. It was a Zimmerman love fest with Squeeky and Rambo Ike. I left after that.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:27 pm

That makes two of us. I gave her a raft of shit for defending Zimmerfuck, and wrote her off.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:25 pm

Squeeky is either the most racist, scumbag, non-Birther I know or she is doing performance art. I poked her a bit over her claim that Scott v Sandford was the best SCOTUS decision ever. What followed was a homophobic racist diatribe. This exchange is from the comments at Jonathan Turley's blog.

Start here:

https://jonathanturley.org/2017/06/04/t ... nt-1618054
Squeeky Fromm, Girl Reporter
1, June 5, 2017 at 12:10 am

My BFF, Penelope Dredful, says the Dred Scott was probably the best SCOTUS Decision ever. The Court resisted the urge to give in to emotions, and instead ruled on the law. I guess maybe that is why modern lawyers hate the decision.

Squeeky Fromm
Girl Reporter
Reality Check
1, June 5, 2017 at 9:28 am

Yeah, right on Sqeekie. I saw one of Chief Justice Roger Taney’s descendants on TV the other day celebrating his ancestor’s greatest decision. Maybe you should start a movement for a national holiday commemorating Taney and Scott v Sandford? .
1, June 5, 2017 at 9:49 am

Like I said above, too many modern people don’t like decisions where SCOTUS actually follows the law. They like a Cosmic SCOTUS, which makes the laws for us, like the silly decisions to find Sodomites have a Constitutional “right” to marry another Sodomite, even though the very concept of a monogamous relationship bounces back between nonsense and an anathema to 99% of them. or abortion, where chicks get to murder their babies.

Squeeky Fromm
Girl Reporter
Reality Check
1, June 6, 2017 at 8:37 am

Welcome to 2017. If I could send you back to the 1950’s South I’d be glad to do it.
1, June 6, 2017 at 10:24 am

How thoughtful! That way I could keep you and the Trayvon Martin-worshipping Freedom-Rider Wannabees company! We could all go around looking for Sekrit Klansmen hiding in the woodpiles, and snatch innocent Negroes from nooses before they swing! You know, a real black victim instead of some Michael Brown-Trayvon Martin-Freddie Gray black thug substitute.

Plus, since this would be before Democratic Liberals’ Great Society days, we could actually get to view what is going extinct—that is Black people who actually get married before having kids! Because in the 1950’s South, the blacks may have had to drink out of separate water fountains, and go to the back door for service, but they somehow managed to get married before having kids, and their neighborhoods were not places of terror where they couldn’t be sure their kid would get to school un-shot.

Plus, we could have seen black kids, happy in their segregated Booker T. Washington high school, actually learning to read and write (although often at an 8th grade level), and graduate functionally literate. Plus, that was before the “baby-daddy” days, so little black girls would have had an easier time getting job training with three little bast*rds in tow. And innocent White people didn’t have to flee the black savages in the cities out to the ‘burbs back in those days, so they actually gave a crap about the public school and civic improvements.

But, alas those Halcyon Days! They are gone. Now, you can only live there in your minds, like you and the rest of the Liberal Self-Aggrandizing Twits. Hopefully, you can pass on to Green Pastures (hat tip to Marc Connelly!), before the Morlocks over run whatever gated Liberal Enclave you are holed up in.

Squeeky Fromm
Girl Reporter

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:58 pm

It's performance art by a former member here (whose identity I know) which has worn thin. He's disgracing himself every day he continues to do this. Shame on him.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:24 pm

RC,

I don't think it's performance art, I think it's all genuine Squeeky. [edit: I defer to :sterngard: on this -- all my contact is with the character, not the person behind them.] Too, also, that exchange is a testament to what a cesspool Professor Turley's once sophisticated discussion salon has become. There used to be lawyers I respected every bit as much as any of the amazing attorneys we have here* critically and expertly analyzing all the legal issues of the day, usually from several sides of the argument, but since the professor started spinning for Fox News he has made his blog a very warm and welcoming place for Squeeky and her ilk.

Whether it was intentional or not, I think that the transformation of his blog is a reflection of Professor Turley's ethics and principles. He made it clear that, as long as you were polite, you could violate any standard of civility and utilize any type of logical fallacy or personal attack you cared to. Which, unsurprisingly, led to a blog full of commenters like Squeeky. Seems like karma to me.

* I first found Res Ipsa Loquitur after the 2008 election when I was trying to fact check the early birther claims. I've still never seen better anti-birther legal scholarship than Vince Treacy gave us back in the day. A former CRS legislative attorney who would calmly, politely, and IMPLACABLY spell out the errors in birther reasoning with complete and exhaustive citations. Both Appuzo and Donofrio were thoroughly and repeatedly spanked by Vince. I even went a few rounds with the Paraclete myself.
Edit: Further edited to note that I misspelt Mario's name but don't care enough to correct it. :towel:

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

bob

Post by bob » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:26 pm

The "performance art" has lost its mooring: Squeeky used to poke fun at Apuzzo; now it appears they share common ground regarding Dred Scott.

Imagex5 Imagex2 Imagex3 Imagex2

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:35 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:It's performance art by a former member here (whose identity I know) which has worn thin. He's disgracing himself every day he continues to do this. Shame on him.
I won't ask anything about your familiarity with Squeeky except: are the incendiary stances that he takes as the character ones he actually holds, or are they a total put-on and he believes none of it?

X3

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:51 pm

Squeeky's previous persona was funny, clever and charming. Squeeky started, I think, as performance art. I know the flesh and blood person behind the persona had some health issues (or claimed to) that seemed to fall into the transition area between clever trolling and rabidly racist whack job. Somewhere along the line Squeeky became what we now see. I think it's been a sad descent into mental illness played out in internet comment sections.

Image Image Image Image Image

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:09 pm

Estiveo wrote:Squeeky's previous persona was funny, clever and charming. Squeeky started, I think, as performance art. I know the flesh and blood person behind the persona had some health issues (or claimed to) that seemed to fall into the transition area between clever trolling and rabidly racist whack job. Somewhere along the line Squeeky became what we now see. I think it's been a sad descent into mental illness played out in internet comment sections.
A darn shame, because some of Squeeky's articles were extremely inventive and fun.

A mind is a terrible thing.

X3

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:13 pm

I liked Parsi. It's not often someone as wildly creative as parsi shows up. Squeekie was nice in her way. But I don't know who this incarnation is. Don't like it either.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:21 pm

Estiveo,

I think that she* had those opinions all along --- they didn't just magically appear when Captain Vigilante Wannabe shot Trayvon Martin. We all thought she was clever and funny when she was making fun of the birthers and I don't think the problem with her now is that she is no longer clever and funny, just that the opinions she's expressing make her humor distasteful and inappropriate. At least that's how I see it.

* I generally try to refer to people's gender how they self-identify, this is not meant to imply any suppositions about shmee's gender.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:26 pm

Parsi purported to be male, squeekyfemale. Hence my 'it'.

Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:28 pm

kate520 wrote:Parsi purported to be male, squeekyfemale. Hence my 'it'.
I guess "Parsi" was before my time.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:42 pm

:sterngard:
I deferred to :sterngard: using "his" for Squeeky, as he is certain of the gender in fact. But I get Slarti's position too. :towel:

X3

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:49 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
I deferred to :sterngard: using "his" for Squeeky, as he is certain of the gender in fact. But I get Slarti's position too. also. :towel:
FIFY Sekrit Stuffs!
I also fixed your use of :geezer: instead of :sterngard: , but you don't want him to notice that... :shh:

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:05 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:It's performance art by a former member here (whose identity I know) which has worn thin. He's disgracing himself every day he continues to do this. Shame on him.
I forgot about the parsifal connection. I seem to recall that he/she messed up in the comments at the OC Weekly on an article about Taitz and blew their cover. It's been too long to recall however. Black Lion at OCT in 2010 claimed Squeeky/parsifal also had a PUMA identity as Jennifer4Hillary in 2008. Apparently J4H was a real piece of work too. I went back and reread some of parsifal's posts at PJ and the style matches SF although it was more tempered and civil in those days. I wondered how SF could go from an eloquent and clever anti-birther to a flaming asshole.

Slarti is correct about Turley and his blog. Turley is such a Trump apologist and has lost credibility. The comments are mostly a cesspool too.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Slarti - :fingerwag: Careful about which if my icons you use! :fingerwag: :towel: :geezertowel: :sterngard:

Mental illness may explain Squeeky's current descent into madness. It may no longer be performance art. At one time it was.

He either needs help or to be shunned. Or probably both.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:25 pm

kate520 wrote:I liked Parsi. It's not often someone as wildly creative as parsi shows up. Squeekie was nice in her way. But I don't know who this incarnation is. Don't like it either.
I used to enjoy the articles at Squeek's blog but when he/she started the Zimmernan love fest with Rambo Ike, I left.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:24 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Slarti - :fingerwag: Careful about which if [sic] my icons you use! :fingerwag: :towel: :geezertowel: :sterngard:

I was. :nope:

You might want to look to your spill checking too. also. :fingerwag:

And petition Phoogie for a :sterntowel: also too.
:towel:

Mental illness may explain Squeeky's current descent into madness. It may no longer be performance art. At one time it was.

He either needs help or to be shunned. Or probably both.
I'm not so sure that there was a "descent" -- it may just be that we didn't see the dark side so long as we were discussing birthers. Otherwise there was sure a quick change.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:43 pm

Slartibartfast wrote: I'm not so sure that there was a "descent" -- it may just be that we didn't see the dark side so long as we were discussing birthers. Otherwise there was sure a quick change.
Squeeky's blog was all about Birthers as the name suggests until she(he) was gone for a good while as Birtherism died and what emerged was this George Zimmerman loving ugly person.

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”