Jeffs and 10 Others Indicted for Food Stamp Fraud Conspiracy and Money Laundering

mmmirele

Re: Jeffs and 10 Others Indicted for Food Stamp Fraud Conspiracy and Money Laundering

Post by mmmirele » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:15 am

The rank and file FLDS are expecting Warren and Lyle Jeffs to break out of prison/jail on Wednesday, April 6:
But if a certain group of polygamous religious extremists in a lonely corner of southern Utah are to be believed, this Wednesday the walls will split open and fall when one of their leaders, Lyle Jeffs, appears before the judge in a major fraud case, according to former followers of his sect.

Simultaneously, an earthquake will apparently cause the walls of a prison in Texas to crumble and Lyle’s brother, Warren Jeffs, the group’s “prophet” and supreme leader, will also walk free – despite the fact he has been serving a sentence of life plus 20 years in that state since 2011, convicted of having sex with underage girls as young as 12 that he took as polygamous wives.

By divine coincidence, perhaps, Wednesday is 6 April, the date most Mormons – and the outlawed, rejected offshoot sect of that religion known as the Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints (FLDS) – proclaim is the actual birthday of Jesus Christ.

“I am hearing from people inside the FLDS that on April 6 there is going to be a kind of apocalypse,” said Elissa Wall, who escaped from the repressive FLDS community after being forced by Warren Jeffs to marry her cousin when she was just 14. “It is prophesied.”
More at the link, of course.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016 ... saints-end

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Re: Jeffs and 10 Others Indicted for Food Stamp Fraud Conspiracy and Money Laundering

Post by Flatpointhigh » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:04 am

and, when the Release doesn't occur, Faith still won't be shaken

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

jtmunkus

Post by jtmunkus » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:23 am

Really?! When you're testifying and there's an earthquake, your charges are immediately dropped? Also two if an earthquake hits your prison, all the prisoners get to go home, scot-free?

I often wonder why such a large amount of prisoners turn to "God", when He's clearly so bad at getting people out of prison.

:smoking:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:28 am

There is also a hearing in the Bundy Oregon case on April 6th. Wonder if any of them are expecting divine intervention?

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:34 am

jtmunkus wrote:Really?! When you're testifying and there's an earthquake, your charges are immediately dropped? Also two if an earthquake hits your prison, all the prisoners get to go home, scot-free?

I often wonder why such a large amount of prisoners turn to "God", when He's clearly so bad at getting people out of prison.

It's very simple: It "shows remorse and redemption" and impresses the Parole Board. Look at Pasture Manure, for example. He "found God"while incarcerated & started a "church"

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:56 pm

jtmunkus wrote:Really?! When you're testifying and there's an earthquake, your charges are immediately dropped? Also two if an earthquake hits your prison, all the prisoners get to go home, scot-free?

Yeah but God is busy punishing other folk, such as giving America a Muslim president because gayz and fires in wildlife refuges because rents and ranchers or summat. He hasn't enough free time to help minority churches when he has all the Orthodox and Catholic churches to brief on his ever-changing yet eternally immutable wishes.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:00 pm

Flatpointhigh wrote:and, when the Release doesn't occur, Faith still won't be shaken
Yeah, we lived thru the end of the world a couple of times :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8110&p=674889

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:15 pm

Nothing in the news confirming the rumors of apocalypse ahead of FLDS leader's detention hearing.
FLDS Bishop Lyle Jeffs asks judge to free him until trial
Polygamy » Judge has already released three co-defendants .

In a hearing that dealt with polygamy and child sex abuse as much as alleged food stamp fraud, a federal judge Wednesday considered whether Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Bishop Lyle Jeffs should remain in jail until his trial.

U.S. District Judge Ted Stewart is expected to issue a ruling later Wednesday or perhaps later this week.

Prosecutors want Jeffs, 56, to remain in jail, where he has been held since indictments against 11 FLDS members were unsealed Feb. 23. Jeffs' lawyer, Kathryn Nester, asked Stewart to release her client to a home his family or supporters have in Provo and to be tracked by a GPS ankle monitor.

The hearing was supposed to be about whether Jeffs, if freed, would return to court for future proceedings, and whether he would tamper with witnesses or evidence. In the course of those discussions, the 90-minute hearing veered into whether Jeffs had married three underage girls and how much contact he has with his infamous older brother, FLDS President Warren Jeffs.
Lyle Jeffs is the last of 11 food stamp fraud defendants still in jail.
A trial for all 11 food stamp scam defendants is scheduled for May 31.
Much more and photos at the link:
http://www.sltrib.com/home/3731426-155/ ... asks-judge
Witnesses: Scallops for the bishop, toast for the kids
Story highlights
Former FLDS members reveal secrets in FBI documents in federal welfare fraud case
Witnesses describe a caste system with Warren Jeffs' brothers at the top
'We had little children that were starving, big people that were starving'
FBI: 'Women were being asked to engage in group sex' at Warren Jeffs' direction
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/05/us/flds-s ... ren-jeffs/
Former members of polygamist sect led by Warren Jeffs reveal secrets in FBI documents
APRIL 5, 2016, BY CNN WIRES (basically the same CNN story above)
http://fox2now.com/2016/04/05/former-me ... documents/

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:29 pm

Sam the Centipede wrote: He hasn't enough free time to help minority churches when he has all the Orthodox and Catholic churches to brief on his ever-changing yet eternally immutable wishes.
Catholics aren;t Christians dude.

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:47 pm

Just started watching this so I can't say how good it is but it looks like it would fit in nicely on this topic (FLDS)

https://youtu.be/lhZ-tt2k9Tc?list=PLRKa ... JWqFdeQijH

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:48 am

Oddly enough, the US Geodetic Survey website on seismic disturbances shows absolutely no earthquakes in all of Texas for the entire week (perhaps longer) preceding April 7th, so the jail walls did not shake during Jeffs's testimony. This seems to have been an uncommonly quiet week.

ArchangelGabriel

Post by ArchangelGabriel » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:59 am

There was a man who escaped jail by earthquake. This needs a "Man in Full".

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:21 am

Suranis wrote:Catholics aren;t Christians dude.
You don't say. :smoking:

Mr. William L. Bryan is the root of a great deal of criminal mischief.
And yet, Mr. Bryan remains at large. :mrgreen:

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:17 am

Foggy wrote:
Suranis wrote:Catholics aren;t Christians dude.
You don't say. :smoking:
http://www.born-again-christian.info/catholics.htm

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:24 am

For those that dont appreciate my snark, I should mention that I AM Catholic. ;)

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:41 am

For those who don't appreciate my snark, I HAD NO IDEA! :shock:

Mr. William L. Bryan is the root of a great deal of criminal mischief.
And yet, Mr. Bryan remains at large. :mrgreen:

vic

Post by vic » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:52 am

Suranis wrote:For those that dont appreciate my snark, I should mention that I AM Catholic. ;)
Off Topic
I think I mentioned this before. Two houses south of me is a Mormon family, and four houses north is a Catholic one. They're good friends with each other, but the Mormon one says Catholics are not Christians, and the Catholic one says Mormons aren't Christians.

One day the Mormons were explaining to me why Catholics aren't Christians, and I said that it didn't matter to me, they were all gentiles as far as I was concerned. But then the Mormon told me that wasn't true; Mormons are the real Jews, and Jews aren't. :confused:

spiduh

Post by spiduh » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:59 am

vic wrote:
Off Topic
I think I mentioned this before. Two houses south of me is a Mormon family, and four houses north is a Catholic one. They're good friends with each other, but the Mormon one says Catholics are not Christians, and the Catholic one says Mormons aren't Christians.

One day the Mormons were explaining to me why Catholics aren't Christians, and I said that it didn't matter to me, they were all gentiles as far as I was concerned. But then the Mormon told me that wasn't true; Mormons are the real Jews, and Jews aren't. :confused:
Off Topic
Mormons consider anyone that isn't Mormon a Gentile, even the Jews. That said, they claim a special kinship with the Jews because they consider themselves also of Israel, they of Ephraim and the Jews of Judah. :confused:

“If they kill me, grab my phone.” –Ammon Bundy (Reuters)
"Yes, I Did Turn the Flying Monkeys Loose!" -Anna von Reitz (FB)
"I 'Self Identify' as a female" -Jon Ritzheimer (FB)

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:44 pm

vic wrote:One day the Mormons were explaining to me ...... Mormons are the real Jews, and Jews aren't.
Lemmee tell you about the time Mormon missionaries -- "elders" age about 20 -- came to my apartment and I showed them my Hebrew Bible, which they said they had studied .... and they opened it and held it upside down.

spiduh

Post by spiduh » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:52 pm

Fortinbras wrote:
vic wrote:One day the Mormons were explaining to me ...... Mormons are the real Jews, and Jews aren't.
Lemmee tell you about the time Mormon missionaries -- "elders" age about 20 -- came to my apartment and I showed them my Hebrew Bible, which they said they had studied .... and they opened it and held it upside down.
Actually, the magic underwear enables them to read like that. :thumbs:

“If they kill me, grab my phone.” –Ammon Bundy (Reuters)
"Yes, I Did Turn the Flying Monkeys Loose!" -Anna von Reitz (FB)
"I 'Self Identify' as a female" -Jon Ritzheimer (FB)

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:45 pm

spiduh wrote:Actually, the magic underwear enables them to read like that. :thumbs:
I thought you had to put your face into a hat and not breath any fresh air for five minutes before you could read that.

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:57 pm

ZekeB wrote:
spiduh wrote:Actually, the magic underwear enables them to read like that. :thumbs:
I thought you had to put your face into a hat and not breath any fresh air for five minutes before you could read that.
Don't forget the stone! You need a stone too!

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:31 pm

Well. There's an ugly new low point in anti-Semitism.

"You guys are not really Jews. We are the authentic ones."

That means actual bona fide Jews are what, fake Jews? Impostors? Throwbacks? Usurpers?!

Oy.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:36 pm

RoadScholar wrote:Well. There's an ugly new low point in anti-Semitism.

That means actual bona fide Jews are what, fake Jews? Impostors? Throwbacks? Usurpers?!

Oy.
But havent the really Real Jews been spotted in the UK as lost and not yet really recovered tribe :?:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:22 pm

RoadScholar wrote:Well. There's an ugly new low point in anti-Semitism.

Oy.
Don't it just make you feel all warm and fuzzy all over????? :sick:

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”