Neo-Nazi / White Supremacist News

ArthurWankspittle

Re: Neo-Nazi / White Supremacist News

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:13 am

Azastan wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:05 pm
Suranis wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:18 pm

Milo Yiannopoulos, now more than $2 million in debt, has resorted to auctioning stuff on Instagram.
His 'massive' canvas print won't survive a truck journey when he moves house, but he expects that it will survive being shipped to an admirer with more money than brains?
He's using a very cheap removal company but the buyer can pay for a quality courier?
Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:20 am

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:13 am
Azastan wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:05 pm
Suranis wrote:

Milo Yiannopoulos, now more than $2 million in debt, has resorted to auctioning stuff on Instagram.
His 'massive' canvas print won't survive a truck journey when he moves house, but he expects that it will survive being shipped to an admirer with more money than brains?
He's using a very cheap removal company but the buyer can pay for a quality courier?
I think he's going to do a favourite trick of low-end eBay sellers--charge a ridiculous price for shipping, use a cheap shipper, pocket the savings.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:50 am

Northland10 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:55 pm
Suranis wrote:
Milo Yankowhatzit's star has truly fallen. He's now 2 million in debt and auctioning off his stuff.
How the f*** does some kid get 2 million in debt? I would accept that he probably went in debt because he was stupidly spending cash he did not have on things that made him look 'important', but 2 million. They just cannot resist lying to their marks. Working for a living is just do d*** hard for them.
His sugar parents cut him off.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

MojoSapien

Post by MojoSapien » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:29 pm

At least the swastika is "running away".......

https://www.jta.org/quick-reads/ruth-ba ... a-swastika

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:35 am

We are able to keep them from coming in, pity we couldn't stop our own far reicher...
Milo Yiannopoulos banned from entering Australia following Christchurch shooting comments
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-16/ ... a/10908854

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:41 am

Mother Jones
Trump and His Allies Have Lost the Public Debate Over Immigration

Over the decades, Americans have grown steadily more supportive of immigration—including under Trump.

In 1979, John Tanton, a Michigan eye doctor and environmentalist, launched the modern nativist movement. He believed that population growth would slow down if poor people stayed in developing countries, where poverty and potentially starvation would keep growth in check, but that if they came to places like the United States in larger numbers, the planet would become more overcrowded. So he founded a group called the Federation for American Immigration Reform, which aimed to stop nearly all immigration to the United States. It was initially seen for it what it was: a fringe group based on long-disproven ideas about the planet’s ability to support more people.

Forty years later, FAIR would seem to be in its heyday. At least three former FAIR employees, including its former executive director, have been hired for senior roles at US Citizenship and Immigration Services, the agency responsible for legal immigration. And the White House has taken a more sharply anti-immigration stand than in any administration of the modern era.

But when it comes to swaying public opinion to its view that legal immigration should be all but eliminated, FAIR and its offshoots are farther from success than ever.

Twenty-five years ago, Democrats and Republicans felt the same way about immigrants: The Pew Research Center found that nearly two-thirds of both parties agreed they were a burden. Immigration critics were confident that those numbers would increase as a backlash to rising immigration took hold among native-born Americans. Instead, the opposite happened. By the time Donald Trump launched his presidential campaign, the share of Democrats and independents who said immigrants strengthen America had nearly doubled, while Republican opinion on the question had barely budged.

And under Trump, anti-immigrant sentiment has fallen even further as the president’s rhetoric about immigrants alienates large swaths of the public. According to a Pew poll from January, 55 percent of Republicans—8 percent fewer than in May 2015—and a record-low 13 percent of Democrats believe that immigrants burden the United States by taking jobs, housing, and health care from native-born Americans. And according to Gallup surveys, 67 percent of Americans now say immigration should be increased or kept at its present level, the highest number since Gallup began asking the question in 1965.

The United States is in the midst of a two-decade-long shift in favor of immigration, and it is only accelerating under Trump. For all the nativist movement’s efforts over the decades to rein in immigration, the chances of preserving a white majority are effectively gone.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:12 pm

Trump only plays to the right wing on immigration, which is silly because he already has them. To get more of the nation behind him, he would need to show why we need this, beyond fear-mongering and dehumanizing immigrants. He is more interested in the adulation of the right then actually accomplishing a change in immigration. Since his government supporters (Miller et al) chose to ignore anybody who does it agree with them, they do not realize what the rest of the country thinks.

In the early 80's, Reagan told a CPAC crowd how they needed do more than claim they were right, but to sell their ideals to the Americans who are not yet with them. For the GOP's great love of Reagan, they do tend to ignore what he actually said.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:48 pm

Andrew James Gregor@andrewjgregor

In a first, Germany is requesting the removal of the Trump appointed ambassador to Germany, #RichardGrenell.
They consider him to stoke racism and fascism on the country.

That's where we're at, folks.

The Germans want the American gone, because he's a Nazi.
I've heard this bull before.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:11 pm

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:50 pm

Washington Monthly - David Atkins
The Right Has Mainstreamed the Rhetoric of Mass Killers

When a person makes the decision to kill dozens to draw attention to their political ideas, our first instinct is to ignore them and refuse to listen. Elevating their ideas only gives them what they want and encourages further attacks. But when ever larger numbers of violent incidents arise from people with the same ideology, it behooves us to treat those ideas and those who promulgate them with the appropriate level of attentive alarm.

With that in mind, I have read (or at least skimmed) the manifesto of the white supremacist terrorist who murdered dozens of Muslims peacefully assembled in prayer at mosques yesterday in New Zealand. But you don’t have to, because there’s nothing in that document that isn’t already mainstreamed in the discourse of Breitbart, alt-right Trump supporters, QAnon conspiracy forums, the broader right-wing memeverse, and Fox News anchors like Tucker Carlson. The only difference is that while most modern conservatives modify their language in the form of vague threats or promises of disenfranchisement, expulsion, and political oppression of minorities and people of color, terrorists like the New Zealand killer put those ideas into immediate, murderous action.

While much has already been written about the terrorist’s idolization of various conservative figures, from Republican President Donald Trump to Tea Party USA head Candace Owens, we should pay more attention to his rhetoric.

Central to both the killer’s ideology and that of the mainstream conservative movement is the notion of “replacement.” This idea of replacement is a slight but significant shift from white supremacist concerns of the past.

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:55 pm

PRI
White nationalism, born in the USA, is now a global terror threat ...

Most of the Western world — from Switzerland and Germany to the United States, Scandinavia and New Zealand — has witnessed a potent nationalist strain infecting society in recent years.

Driven by fear over the loss of white primacy, white nationalists believe that white identity should be the organizing principle of Western society.

“Every people in the world can have their own country except white people,” the American Freedom Party’s William Daniel Johnson told the Chicago Sun Times after the New Zealand attack. “We should have white ethno-states.” ...

In researching our upcoming book on extremism — our joint area of academic expertise — we found that hate crimes have risen alongside the global spread of white nationalism. Racist attacks on refugees, immigrants, Muslims and Jews are increasing worldwide at an alarming rate.

Scholars studying the internationalization of hate crimes call this dangerous phenomenon “violent transnationalism.”

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:03 pm

NBC News: Facebook bans white nationalism from platform after pressure from civil rights groups

Social media giant said in a blog post Wednesday that conversations with academics and civil rights groups convinced the company to expand its policies around hate groups.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:51 pm

Addie wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:55 pm
PRI

Driven by fear over the loss of white primacy, white nationalists believe that white identity should be the organizing principle of Western society.
Referring to whatever drives white supremacy, racism, and racial violence as "fear" annoys the hell out of me. In fact, using fear as an excuse or reason or explanation for bad deeds in general seems to me to be vapid. I don't really care what Obi Wan Kanobi said, there is much more at play here than garden variety fear. We need another word, IMO, or we need to always qualify what the hell we mean by fear.

Okay, I admit, I don't think fear, defined as an unpleasant emotion caused by the anticipation of danger, has anything to do with it.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:06 pm

I'd explain. but every time I try, people charge down my throat and start kicking me in the nuts.

Short version, poor people being told they are privileged and yet not able to get out of the trap they are living in, which they can see sucks as much as anyone else, are very susceptible to be sucked into a movement that offers easy answers and companionship. And the left is as much guilty of the easy answers and easy targets as the right, by the way.

Neo-Liberal Capitalism has let the world down.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:30 pm

Thanks Suranis :bighug: But not what I was looking for. I get the true-believer/grifter dynamic (and am a big fan of the authoritarian upbringing theory). What do people think they mean when they use “fear” in this context?

I admit FTR that I disagree with the conclusions you make, but that is a different discussion.
ImageImageImage

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:42 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure what they mean by "Fear" either.

FOX News works by manufacturing a "fear" response to give its viewers a Dopamine high, which gets their viewers addected to watching and gets them to warp their viewpoimt to get the bigger high, but I dont think thats what people mean at all.

It might be something vauge that the viewer can attach a meaning to, like "collusion."
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Lani

Post by Lani » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:20 am

Brexit seems to be fueled by, and is also fueling, Euro-Nationalism abroad, undermining the EU.
Last week, the Telegraph reported that a number of Conservatives had opened “covert talks” with the far-right governments of Hungary, Italy, and Poland to make use of their veto powers as EU member nations and block the prime minister’s request for an extension to Article 50, thereby producing a no-deal exit—which some Tories considered to be better than the currently proposed deal. The efforts taken by Tory MPs and activists to compel foreign governments to undermine their prime minister were remarkable. Three Tory MPs, including two former cabinet members, flew to Warsaw earlier this month to petition the nationalists of the Polish government’s Law and Justice party, who have been widely accused of eroding democratic norms and abridging the rule of law in their country, to disrupt the withdrawal process on behalf of Britain’s Euroskeptics, the Guardian reported.

At the same time, leaders of the Leave.EU campaign allegedly made their way to Veneto to entreat the anti-institutionalists of Lega, Matteo Salvini’s party of incendiary populists and Euroskeptics, to lay down a veto as well....
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/03/27/th ... Picks%20OC
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:57 am

p0rtia wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:51 pm
Addie wrote:
PRI

Referring to whatever drives white supremacy, racism, and racial violence as "fear" annoys the hell out of me. In fact, using fear as an excuse or reason or explanation for bad deeds in general seems to me to be vapid. I don't really care what Obi Wan Kanobi said, there is much more at play here than garden variety fear. We need another word, IMO, or we need to always qualify what the hell we mean by fear.

Okay, I admit, I don't think fear, defined as an unpleasant emotion caused by the anticipation of danger, has anything to do with it.
Driven by rage over the anticipated loss of their white male privilege, white nationalists use terror to strike back against those they consider their inferiors (i.e. all the rest of us).

Howzzat?
I've heard this bull before.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:38 am

DejaMoo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:57 am
p0rtia wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:51 pm
Addie wrote:
PRI

Driven by rage over the anticipated loss of their white male privilege, white nationalists use terror to strike back against those they consider their inferiors (i.e. all the rest of us).

Howzzat?
Perfect. Noting that the word "fear" doesn't appear.

Most of my uber-lib friends and relations buy into the "fear" as motivator (drives me nuts). I point out to them that all the things they say "fear" causes (racism, violence, hate, rage, greed, etc.) do not seem to be present in either them or me or in a lot of other people who are equally white or privileged or even male (!). I then point out that it must be something in addition to the ubiquitous fear that is actually the culprit.

But no. It's Obi Wan all the way down for the pop-psychers.
ImageImageImage

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:43 am

It is an unacknowledged fear.

The same mechanism creates hyperbolic machismo. Those afflicted would never admit that their adopting super-masculine trappings is based on a deep suspicion that they are not "real manly men."
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:01 pm

Mark Pitcavage

Verified account

@egavactip
6m6 minutes ago
More
Aryan Brotherhood of Texas member pleads guilty to smuggling migrants across the border, illustrating that, when profit is involved, white supremacist prison gangs readily move ideology to the back seat. DOJ press release here: https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdtx/pr/ab ... ing-aliens ….
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:46 pm

Europe bans one of America’s most prominent white supremacists
Jared Taylor claims he can no longer travel through the continent.

https://thinkprogress.org/europe-bans-o ... 34726f623/
The ban came as Taylor attempted to transfer in Switzerland for a flight to Finland. According to Taylor, Swiss police informed him that Polish authorities had barred Taylor from traveling through the Schengen Zone, a 26-country area of Europe allowing visa-free travel.

“I will spend the night at the airport, and tomorrow I will be deported,” Taylor wrote. “I am free to walk around the terminal, I can make phone calls and use the internet, and I have a meal voucher that is supposed to last me for the next 12 hours. The officer kept my passport, though, and won’t give it back to me until I board the flight home.”

:snippity:

Taylor had been planning on speaking at white supremacist conferences in Scandinavia, including one on Saturday in Stockholm that featured other well-known fascists like Mark Collett and Greg Johnson.

It’s unclear why Polish authorities issued a blanket ban against Taylor. Taylor attributed the ban to a 2018 trip to the country, where he gave multiple television interviews. During that trip, Taylor said that Polish police said he was “spreading a totalitarian ideology.”
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:00 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-01/ ... d/10957500

Christchurch shooting suspect Brenton Tarrant's travels to Bulgaria investigated for far-right links

Balkan governments continue to investigate Brenton Tarrant's movements during two visits to the region in 2016 and 2018.

Last week, Austrian authorities uncovered a 1,500 euro ($2,370) donation he had made to a far-right extremist group early last year.

The ABC has confirmed that Australian and New Zealand security services made formal requests of Bulgaria to trace Tarrant's movements, and that the first inquiries were made within 24 hours of the Christchurch atrocity.

Tarrant travelled to 11 semi-rural locations in Bulgaria last November, all of which played witness to significant roles in the Ottoman wars more than 140 years ago, before crossing the border into Romania, and then travelling on to Austria.

Ten months prior, he had made a 1,500 euro donation to the Identitarian Movement, which as a result is under investigation by Austrian authorities.

The Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz has announced he intends to try to forcibly dissolve the group.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:53 pm

To note thar Austrian authorities have said that no one of this extremist group was ever in contact with Tarrant. The donation seems to have been a unique act by a guy admiring the group.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:12 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:53 pm
To note thar Austrian authorities have said that no one of this extremist group was ever in contact with Tarrant. The donation seems to have been a unique act by a guy admiring the group.
Yes.

Unfortunately we have that Rompa Stompa, Neo Nazi, White Supremist down under - I briefly knew one, completely bonkers.
here is another example...
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-01/ ... a/10957302

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”