Bundy Ranch - Cliven Bundy

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:59 am

I've seen tweets calling for militia groups to go to Nevada for this.Armed Fed Agents and Snipers? Nevada Rancher Is Taking on the Gov’t in a Battle That’s Reaching a Breaking PointApr. 8, 2014 9:27am Armed federal agents deployed last week to northeast Clark County, Nev., for what can only be described as a major escalation in a decades-long standoff between a local cattle rancher and the U.S. government.Cliven Bundy, the last remaining rancher in the southern Nevada county, stands in defiance of a 2013 court order demanding that he remove his cattle from public land managed by the U.S. Department of the Interior’s Bureau of Land Management.The 67-year-old veteran rancher, who has compared the situation to similar confrontations with government officials in Ruby Ridge and Waco, Texas, told TheBlaze that his family has used land in the 600,000-acre Gold Butte area since the late 1800s.Claiming that all other options have been exhausted, the Bureau of Land Management and the U.S. National Park Service responded to Bundy’s inflexibility on the issue by calling on federal agents and contract cowboys to restrict access to the public land and to confiscate Bundy’s “trespass cattle.”“Cattle have been in trespass on public lands in southern Nevada for more than two decades. This is unfair to the thousands of other ranchers who graze livestock in compliance with federal laws and regulations throughout the West,” the Bureau of Land Management stated on its website about the case.much more here:http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04 ... ButtonsAnd a 'Support Clive Bundy' facebookAnd a YouTube channeledit: Cliven for Clive

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:08 am

The fight began when Bundy stopped paying the Bureau of Land Management’s grazing fees in 1993, arguing in court filings that he had no obligation to pay the agency because his Mormon ancestors had worked the land decades before the agency was formed.Bundy claims he owes roughly $300,000 in back fees, but the federal government says it’s more than that.“That number, the $300,00, that was a number estimated through Sept. 11, 2011,” Bureau of Land Management spokeswoman Kirsten Cannon said in a phone call with reporters Monday. “Since then, the estimated amount owed by him – so including the $300,000 – totals $1.1 million.”

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:20 am

NCA is staying out of it.So far, the Nevada Cattlemen's Association (NCA), which represents some 700 ranchers in the state, is taking a hands-off stance on Bundy's protest. In a statement, the association noted that Bundy's case had been reviewed by a federal judge, and that a legal decision had been rendered to remove the cattle. The statement said that NCA "does not feel it is in our best interest to interfere in the process of adjudication in this matter, and in addition NCA believes the matter is between Mr. Bundy and the federal courts."Asked if other Nevada cattlemen were as angry with the federal government as Bundy, Torell said, "absolutely not."It's true, he said, that many NCA members are disgruntled at having to deal with BLM's bureaucracy. But, he noted, 87 percent of Nevada land is public land, so cattlemen cannot survive on private land alone. "It's important for our permitees to work with the land management agencies. We want to be good stewards of the land -- to protect natural resources."Of the Bundy affair, he said, "These types of situations have a way of painting the entire industry with controversy."http://www.go.com/Business/nevada-ranch ... d=23225314

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:25 am

Bundy says he "fired the BLM," and vows not to pay one dime to the agency that he accuses of plotting his demise.

"I've got to protect my property," he told The Times last year. "If people come to monkey with what's mine, I'll call the county sheriff. If that don't work, I'll gather my friends and kids and we'll try to stop it. I abide by all state laws. But I abide by almost zero federal laws."

"Despite having no legal right to do so, cattle from Bundy’s ranch have continued to graze throughout the Gold Butte area, competing with tortoises for food, hindering the ability of plants to recover from extensive wildfires, trampling rare plants, damaging ancient American Indian cultural sites and threatening the safety of recreationists,” the nonprofit Center for Biological Diversity said in a statement. The group added, “Surveys by the BLM have found well over 1,000 cattle — many in easily damaged freshwater springs and riparian areas on public lands managed by the National Park Service and state of Nevada as well as the BLM.”

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow ... 0936.story

kate520

Post by kate520 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:25 am

Anything Glenn Beck is for I'm against, just on principle.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:33 am

One of the videos trying to make this into a confrontation:[BBvideo 425,350:1huu3kj0][/BBvideo]
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:34 am

On Sunday evening, Cliven Bundy had sent out an ominous announcement to the regional press promising a range war and inviting the press to cover it the following morning.“Press – if you are going to cover this you’d better come!” Bundy’s email stated. “We are goingt o get the job done!”But the Monday morning rally remained a respectful and peaceful protest. The group displayed posters, listened to speakers and began raising a large banner on private land near the Riverside bridge which crosses the Virgin River.[highlight]In attendance at the rally was U.S. Congressional candidate, Assemblyman Cresent Hardy and State Assembly candidate Laura Bledsoe.[/highlight]“It was a good turnout,” Hardy said. “I think that the message got across that this action of the federal government has gotten way out of hand.”http://www.myprogress.com/2014/04/09/bu ... esults/The cattleman's association doesn't get involved, but the candidates do.

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:52 am

Governor weighs in.LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Gov. Brian Sandoval on Tuesday accused the Bureau of Land Management of violating Nevadans’ constitutional rights to protest a BLM roundup of cattle on federal land and slammed the agency for creating an “atmosphere of intimidation.”Sandoval called on the BLM to dismantle a so-called “First Amendment Area” the agency designated to allow demonstrators to protest the gathering of rancher Cliven Bundy’s 500 head of cattle. The federal government is rounding up the cattle around Bunkerville because Bundy has refused for 20 years to pay grazing fees.“Due to the roundup by the BLM, my office has received numerous complaints of BLM conduct, road closures and other disturbances,” Sandoval said in a statement. “I have recently met with state legislators, county officials and concerned citizens to listen to their concerns.”“I have expressed those concerns directly to the BLM,” he added. “Most disturbing to me is the BLM’s establishment of a ‘First Amendment Area’ that tramples upon Nevadans’ fundamental rights under the U.S. Constitution.”A former federal judge, Sandoval said he told the agency “that such conduct is offensive to me and countless others and that the ‘First Amendment Area’ should be dismantled immediately.”“No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans,” the Republican governor said. “The BLM needs to reconsider its approach to this matter and act accordingly.”

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/neva ... le-roundup

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:57 am

An interesting Letter to the Editor on this matter:http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archiv ... range-war/

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:33 pm

WaPo:The federal government moved some cows and Nevada’s governor isn’t happy about it

By Niraj Chokshi

April 9 at 2:52 pm

[...]

“Most disturbing to me is the BLM’s establishment of a ‘First Amendment Area’ that tramples upon Nevadans’ fundamental rights under the U.S. Constitution,” [Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval] said in the statement.

A park service spokeswoman told the Las Vegas Review Journal that the area was intended to do just the opposite. Roads had to be closed to protect safety during the cattle removal, she said, but the service wanted to make sure protestors still had an area to gather.

The fight dates to at least 1993, since which Bundy has refused to pay the federal government fees for his grazing cows, according to the Los Angeles Times. In 1998, a federal court told Bundy to stop letting his cows graze there. And, last July, the same court reaffirmed that order, giving Bundy 45 days to remove the cows before the federal government would. They started Saturday, acting on two federal court orders, they said in a statement that day.

“The BLM and the [National Park Service] have made repeated attempts to resolve this matter administratively and judicially,” the Nevada BLM statement read. “The agencies are now implementing two Federal District Court orders to remove the cattle. The BLM and NPS are working closely with local, state and federal officials to ensure that removal occurs in a safe and orderly manner.”

more:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/gov ... -about-it/

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:51 pm

cbs:Federal officials tried to round up Bundy’s livestock two years ago, but he refused to budge.Since then, he has lost two federal court rulings — and a judge last October prohibited him from physically interfering with any seizure or roundup operation.“Wake up America,” Bailey Bundy Logue told KSL-TV. “Look what our ancestors fought for and we need to stand up for that. We need to realize what’s happening. They are taking everything away from us. This isn’t only about one family. This is about everyone’s family. This is martial law and it’s in America and so what are you going to do to have it stay out of America?”http://www.cbslocal.com/2014/04/09/neva ... 82097Bundy supporter sent me a link to where some tortoises were being euthanized. But those were not wild tortoises. They were mostly pets that were reintroduced into a 220 acre preserve. The pets would not make it in the wild.http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/25/g ... to-refuge/

Norbrook

Post by Norbrook » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:21 pm

Summary: The idiot refuses to pay rent for using our land - which is what it is, really - and then wants to stand on "his rights." If it wasn't government-owned, he wouldn't have had the options he's had.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:14 pm

Cliven Bundy is currently involved in a dispute with the BLM over the grazing of his cattle, and his refusal to pay the BLM fees since 1993. He says he has a historical claim to that land having grazed cattle there for 100 years. His family have ranched in the area for that length of time. his cattle were seized, and from there, it gets uglier.http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-nev ... 9281.story

It now seems to have blossomed into a call for a "range war" (Bundy's words). there are reports of militias heading to the Bundy Ranch with calls remembering Waco/Ruby Ridge, and leading the Ruby Rdige shit is none other than Pete Santilli:

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

kate520

Post by kate520 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Leave it to Santilli to ride this bandwagon. Kokesh will be next. Bundy is trying to gin up this kind of reaction; looks like it's working, thanks to the usual suspects.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

DaveMuckey

Post by DaveMuckey » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:53 pm

“Most disturbing to me is the BLM’s establishment of a ‘First Amendment Area’ that tramples upon Nevadans’ fundamental rights under the U.S. Constitution,” [Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval] said in the statement.You mean like the one they had in Crawford, TX?

Flatpointhigh

Post by Flatpointhigh » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:14 pm

And from I last heard via Santilli's spreaker show, a couple of "patriots" have been tazed.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:15 pm

“Most disturbing to me is the BLM’s establishment of a ‘First Amendment Area’ that tramples upon Nevadans’ fundamental rights under the U.S. Constitution,” [Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval] said in the statement.You mean like the one they had in Crawford, TX?Or at the Republican Convention in 2004 (Boston, IIRC)? Sandoval, a former federal judge, knows better. Shame on him.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:06 am

[link]Southern Nevada Militia Mobilizing,http://nesaranews.blogspot.com/2014/04/ ... izing.html[/link]ON THE INTERNET:In Response To: Video: Southern Nevada Militia Mobilizing (Watchman)AS OF THIS DATE, I AM UPGRADING THE READINESS LEVEL OF THIS UNIT TO CONDITION RED. YOU ARE TO TRAVEL WITH 72 HR KITS IN YOUR VEHICLES AT ALL TIMES AND HAVE AT LEAST 6 DAYS OF WATER AND FOOD. CHECK YOUR FIRST AID KITS AND ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE NECESSARY MEDICATIONS STOCKED FOR LONG TERM NEEDS. ALSO MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE ADEQUATE SELF DEFENSE SUPPLIES. TRAINING WILL GO ON AS SCHEDULED THIS SATURDAY, BUT THE TRAINING MAY CHANGE. THE SITUATION IN BUNKERVILLE, NV IS FLUID AND CAN CHANGE AT A MOMENT’S NOTICE. ALL UNIT NCO’S ARE TO CONTACT ME ASAP AND NOTIFY ME OF ANY NEEDS OR OBJECTIONS THAT THEY MAY HAVE. THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE TRAINED FOR, FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS. TIME TO FISH OR CUT BAIT.si vis pacem parabellum
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Flatpointhigh

Post by Flatpointhigh » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:48 am

In a thread I started in the fringe forum, Pete Santilli is trying to gin things up as well, and Kokesh is now getting into the act, albeit from his studio at the moment. Kokesh 9 hours ago: and Santilli has now created a new youtube propganda channel: GMN Telemedia, the "alternative to alternative media"http://www.youtube.com/user/PeterSantilliTVhe was into affiliate marketing prior to his cross t the paranoid side.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:15 am

Joe Walsh has been tweeting in defense of Bundy. And today he posted this new video:

Joe Walsh @WalshFreedomWatch: Federal agents taser protesters at #BundyRanch youtube.com/watch?v=qKhRV0… #JusticeForCliven #tcot

the video:

It's noted that the video is housed in Walsh's own Youtube account, and there are more regarding this issue in that account:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCth8lre2-6ITPs9NHpBaC8A

This seems to be a cause for a lot of Republican lawmakers and pundits.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:36 am

I can remember when Republicans would have been opposed to someone who failed to pay their rent for 20 years. ;) I just hope that these "militia" nutcases don't end up hurting anybody.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:59 am

Jon Ralston @RalstonReportsRogue rancher Cliven Bundy claims Sheriff Gillespie was "hiding under the table" when he went to visit him. Come on!

Flatpointhigh

Post by Flatpointhigh » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:59 pm

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:52 pm

The issue is unauthorized use of fragile public lands by a squatter. It is not about a campaign to save the desert tortoise, although RWNJ's are trying to twist it in that direction. These lands belong to the whole people, not to the State of Nevada and not to the family that has been ranching there -- the last 20 years without paying fees. Some of the "Patriots" are demanding the Governor call out the Nevada National Guard to confront the Federal agents.

Flatpointhigh

Post by Flatpointhigh » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:22 pm

Santilli is now ustreaming live: http://m.ustream.tv/channel/thepetesant ... 0410093438

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”