Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Volkonski

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:38 am

kessler had written several times about his videos going viral. I don't think he understood the term.he now has the attention he was looking for.the fact that the mayor won't even talk about it shows what a freaky little town it is.Yes. On the one hand, I hate that he's getting the attention he obviously craves. On the other hand, if sunlight really is the best disinfectant (well, it's a nice saying), then maybe the pressure will build on that stupid mayor. Another thing I find disturbing is that there is a town there called "Frackville". :oNamed for Daniel Frack, the first (white European-descended) resident of that area.[/break1]personal.psu.edu/las8/1OFT8-21-76.html]http://www.personal.psu.edu/las8/1OFT8-21-76.html
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

June bug

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by June bug » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:47 am

kessler had written several times about his videos going viral. I don't think he understood the term.he now has the attention he was looking for.the fact that the mayor won't even talk about it shows what a freaky little town it is.The mayor feels it would be inappropriate to comment about what she describes as "free speech". The school board president doesn't want to comment because it "doesn't involve board business". At least half, and maybe a majority, of commenters on local news sites support Kessler, many of them ringingly endorsing both the substance and his style. I don't think Kessler's going to face any serious negative consequences - in fact, I think he just gets his massively outsized ego stroked by all this. The gloves are off. From TV to talk radio to the internet, the most vitriolic invective you can work into a sentence doesn't get buried in disapproval, it gets praised. People who used to hide their deepest feelings because they weren't publicly acceptable now proclaim them proudly, knowing they'll find many vociferous supporters. I fear for this country.

Volkonski

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:53 am

[/break1]frackvillepa.org/history/history.html]http://www.frackvillepa.org/history/his ... Frackville was settled in 1861 and incorporated in 1876, when the villages of Frackville and Mountain City merged to form the borough of Frackville. The name "Mountain City", however, is still a common nickname for the borough. A past diner and beer distributor were both named after it. Early in the twentieth century, anthracite coal mining was the chief industry of the region, although Frackville remained a predominantly residential community. The Mahanoy Plane, which operated from 1862-1931, was able to hoist 50,000 tons of coal daily. There is a small patch-town owning the name "Mahanoy Plane" at the northern foot of Frackville's Broad Mountain. Industrial relics and infrastructure remain in the thick forest north of the borough's youth baseball complex but historical preservation or restoration has yet to take place. Frackville celebrated its centennial in 1976 while James Nahas was mayor. It was a week long event from August 22-28 which hosted parades each night and brought the community closer together. The borough's 125th anniversary celebration was held in 2001 and had similar events and effects. It culminated with a Frackville Cruise Night that had routes running throughout the borough. Frackville sits in the middle of Northeastern Pennsylvania's historic and proud Coal Region, about 4 miles south of Shenandoah. Coal mining has largely ceased in the area. Many of Frackville's residents are employed at local factories, retail outlets, and the numerous Pennsylvania State Prisons in the immediate area. Many more commute daily to the cities of Pottsville, Hazleton, Allentown, Reading or Harrisburg to work. In 1900, the population was 2,595; in 1910, 3,118; and in 1940, 8,035. The population was 4,361at the 2000 census..Population 3,784 in 2011.

BFB

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by BFB » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:10 pm

Well, at least we know what he'll be doing in September.Mark Kessler12 hours agoAre you sick of political hacks ? Jack booted thugs? Liberal news reporters who only attack pro constitutional , pro gun people? Are you tired of tyrants at every level of government? HAVE YOU HAD ENOUGH YET? then come join me, the csf, watchman of America, minutemen, frontiersmen, III% ers, and many more militias, pro constitution , pro gun groups , this coming September , in the very place one persons stance for the preservation of our constitution our right to keep and bear arms, Schuylkill county Pennsylvania, the birth place of second amendment preservation resolution , declaring every gun law ever enacted null and void! Where the right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED! every law that infringes on the second amendment is unconstitutional and is null and void ! PERIOD!Channel 69 from Allentown pa actually called the FBI ? Really ? Not to mention schuylkill county sheriff Joseph groody and district attorney Karen byrns did the same back in January. Both democrats ,

Volkonski

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Well, at least we know what he'll be doing in September.Mark Kessler12 hours agoAre you sick of political hacks ? Jack booted thugs? Liberal news reporters who only attack pro constitutional , pro gun people? Are you tired of tyrants at every level of government? HAVE YOU HAD ENOUGH YET? then come join me, the csf, watchman of America, minutemen, frontiersmen, III% ers, and many more militias, pro constitution , pro gun groups , this coming September , in the very place one persons stance for the preservation of our constitution our right to keep and bear arms, Schuylkill county Pennsylvania, the birth place of second amendment preservation resolution , declaring every gun law ever enacted null and void! Where the right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED! every law that infringes on the second amendment is unconstitutional and is null and void ! PERIOD!Channel 69 from Allentown pa actually called the FBI ? Really ? Not to mention schuylkill county sheriff Joseph groody and district attorney Karen byrns did the same back in January. Both democrats ,Well, I suppose that is one way to try to get people to come to the long shrinking Schuylkill County. ;) He still hasn't set a date or specific location. :-? Since he is a cop in Gilberton I assume he'll want to have everyone gather there. Everyone can park along Main Street and Gilberton Road. If those fill up they can park on the Gold Star Hwy. That would also block the State Police from coming into Gilberton from their barracks in Frackville.

BFB

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by BFB » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:43 pm

I think he said earlier he wanted it wherever the county government meets.

Volkonski

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:13 pm

I think he said earlier he wanted it wherever the county government meets.That would be Pottsville, population about 14,000. It is a big city compared to Gilberton. About 30 years ago when I was based in New Jersey, I made many drives to Pottsville since my employer had a small plant there. (That's "small" by my employer's standards. It was then a major employer by Pottsville standards.)

Volkonski

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:17 pm

He made a big NYC daily paper. OK, it is not The Times but The Big Apple is The Big Apple.

‘Come and take it, motherf--kers!’ Police chief curses liberals, sprays automatic weapons in foul-mouthed viral videos

[/break1]nydailynews.com/news/national/gun-totig-police-chief-extreme-youtube-vids-article-1.1407590#ixzz2ZzHpAClS]http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... z2ZzHpAClS

After this publicity I just know that Bloomberg will be offering him a high level position with New York's Finest. :roll:

Volkonski

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:22 pm

And now the Associated Press- The Associated Press Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 11:33 AM GILBERTON, Pa. (AP) - The police chief of a small town in northeastern Pennsylvania's anthracite coal country who is an outspoken gun-rights advocate and is trying to organize a non-government armed group has stirred up a furor after he posted videos of himself in confrontational, profanity-laced tirades (WARNING: You Tube video contains raw language) punctuated by him firing off automatic weapons.Snip---"If you were in trouble and you needed somebody to protect you, Mark would be the person you would want running to your aid," Hannon said. "My experience and that of many of our residents (is) he will die for you. He's loyal and I think that's important."[/break1]philly.com/philly/news/20130724_ap_3fb4f9ebf73c489692c1f52e0cd539b6.html#q2EE1KPO1gMhT0Vy.99]http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20130 ... gMhT0Vy.99I wonder how many Gilberton police officers have died in the line of duty?Also, loyal to whom?

Princess foofypants

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by Princess foofypants » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:28 pm

And now the Associated Press-

The Associated Press

Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 11:33 AM

GILBERTON, Pa. (AP) - The police chief of a small town in northeastern Pennsylvania's anthracite coal country who is an outspoken gun-rights advocate and is trying to organize a non-government armed group has stirred up a furor after he posted videos of himself in confrontational, profanity-laced tirades (WARNING: You Tube video contains raw language) punctuated by him firing off automatic weapons.

Snip---

"If you were in trouble and you needed somebody to protect you, Mark would be the person you would want running to your aid," Hannon said. "My experience and that of many of our residents (is) he will die for you. He's loyal and I think that's important."[/break1]philly.com/philly/news/20130724_ap_3fb4f9ebf73c489692c1f52e0cd539b6.html#q2EE1KPO1gMhT0Vy.99]http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20130 ... gMhT0Vy.99

I wonder how many Gilberton police officers have died in the line of duty?

Also, loyal to whom?And if they did, was it by accidentally shooting themself?

Volkonski

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:31 pm

And now the word is starting to spreading among other English-speaking peoples-

Is Mark Kessler America's scariest cop?

[/break1]theweek.co.uk/us/54282/mark-kessler-americas-scariest-cop-video]http://www.theweek.co.uk/us/54282/mark- ... -cop-video

kate520

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by kate520 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Deluded villager said

...he will die for you...Unless, of course, you are a libtard or, DoG forbid, Nancy Pelosi. Then he might just shoot you instead.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

SueDB

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by SueDB » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Deluded villager said

...he will die for you...Unless, of course, you are a libtard or, DoG forbid, Nancy Pelosi. Then he might just shoot you instead.He might if he could miss his hand. ;)

I wonder when that little tidbit will make the rounds again?? Hmmm......
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Volkonski

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Love this headline-

Potty mouthed Pa. police chief fires automatic weapons, cusses out critics in controversial video

[/break1]pennlive.com/capitol-notebook/2013/07/potty_mouthed_police_chief_nab.html#comments]http://blog.pennlive.com/capitol-notebo ... l#comments

I think that might tag him for all time- "Mark Kessler the Potty-mouthed PA Police Chief".

Also-

[/break1]com/2013/07/23/police-academy-director-appalled-and-embarrased-at-video/]http://wnep.com/2013/07/23/police-acade ... -at-video/

Duffy now serves as the Director of the Police Academy at Lackawanna College.

Snip-----

Duffy now plans to use the video in his law enforcement classes at Lackawanna College. Duffy is Scranton’s former Police Chief and says Kessler’s actions could hurt his ability to testify in court.

“Will this be used to impeach his credibility as a witness? And that`s what we in law enforcement do, we`re professional witnesses. And that`s what we have to think about,” said Duffy.

The Law Enforcement Code of Ethics for Police Officers states clearly that, “…I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions.”Kessler will be a figure of ridicule and a joke to PA police cadets for years to come.

A Legal Lohengrin

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:53 pm

At least half, and maybe a majority, of commenters on local news sites support Kessler, many of them ringingly endorsing both the substance and his style.What does the phrase "commenters on local news sites" actually generally mean? It generally means angry douchebags who have stupid opinions they'd be ashamed to express in public. They can't say this dumb shit to their co-workers by the water cooler. They might even get fired. There is no douchebaggery more douchebaggerish than the local news site commenter. Not even YouTube comments are as vile. I would give as an example commenters on the Newark Star-Ledger site. They are almost uniformly deranged RWNJs, despite the fact that the community itself is nothing like them. Kiwiwriter can certainly confirm this and you can yourself. So I'd have to say that this basically means that a vast majority of douchebags are, well, douchebags.I don't think Kessler's going to face any serious negative consequences - in fact, I think he just gets his massively outsized ego stroked by all this.I think he may end up fired. Even in this little town.

June bug

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by June bug » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:56 pm

I hope I'm wrong and you're right, Loh.

Volkonski

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:02 pm

From a "progressive Christian" blogsite-

Pa. police chief loves guns, profanity, birtherism, Alex Jones, militias, anti-Semitic rock music and serving on the board of education

[/break1]patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2013/07/24/pa-police-chief-loves-guns-profanity-birtherism-alex-jones-militias-anti-semitic-rock-music-and-serving-on-the-board-of-education/]http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivis ... education/

Did I mention that in addition to serving as Gilberton’s police chief, Kessler is also a member of the North Schuylkill School District’s board of education? Isn’t it lovely that the education of Schuylkill County’s children is being overseen by a man with such a shaky grasp of punctuation, history, law and reality?

Kessler is also a big fan of conspiracy nut Alex Jones, and a birther. He despises immigrants, loves “patriot” militia groups, and is a fan of the anti-Semitic, anti-government band Poker Face. Basically he’s the least qualified, least intelligent, least reputable law enforcement official in the area since the police chief in nearby Shenandoah wound up in prison for obstructing justice in the beating death of a Hispanic man.

AnitaMaria

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by AnitaMaria » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:03 pm

David Waldman from Daily Kos Radio covered this in his show today, including an interview with Alex Seitz-Wald. [/break1]odca.st/5899012]http://p.odca.st/5899012

Volkonski

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:05 pm

The Alaskan press takes notice (mostly the AP article)-[/break1]adn.com/2013/07/24/2988530/pa-police-chief-stirs-furor-over.html]http://www.adn.com/2013/07/24/2988530/p ... -over.html

BFB

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by BFB » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Well, this is snowballing, and Kessler is now, officially, a laughingstock.But as we've seen with Arpaio, being a nutjob and a fool doesn't necessarily equate to losing an LE job.

A Legal Lohengrin

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Love this headline-

Potty mouthed Pa. police chief fires automatic weapons, cusses out critics in controversial video

[/break1]pennlive.com/capitol-notebook/2013/07/potty_mouthed_police_chief_nab.html#comments]http://blog.pennlive.com/capitol-notebo ... l#comments

I think that might tag him for all time- "Mark Kessler the Potty-mouthed PA Police Chief".

Also-

[/break1]com/2013/07/23/police-academy-director-appalled-and-embarrased-at-video/]http://wnep.com/2013/07/23/police-acade ... -at-video/

Duffy now serves as the Director of the Police Academy at Lackawanna College.

Snip-----

Duffy now plans to use the video in his law enforcement classes at Lackawanna College. Duffy is Scranton’s former Police Chief and says Kessler’s actions could hurt his ability to testify in court.I am very glad to hear this.

When your actions literally become a textbook example of what not to do, that is, they are taught in a police academy as what not to do, your goose is cooked.

BFB

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by BFB » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Soon to be the subject of an SNL skit?? How can they resist?

A Legal Lohengrin

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:08 pm

Well, this is snowballing, and Kessler is now, officially, a laughingstock.But as we've seen with Arpaio, being a nutjob and a fool doesn't necessarily equate to losing an LE job.Piehole actually has a political base, though. Kessler appears to be some idiot in a tiny town. Maybe they're all crazy inbreeds who moved there after getting rejected as extras for The Hills Have Eyes, but if they aren't, they're going to get rid of this idiot.

Volkonski

Ex-Chief Mark Kessler

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:13 pm

Meanwhile, Chief Kessler seems not to be handling a serious Go Kart and ATV problem in Gilberton-[/break1]com/news/gilberton-cracking-down-on-illegal-go-cart-atv-riders-1.1517188]http://republicanherald.com/news/gilber ... -1.1517188Council Vice President Eric Boxer remarked that these problems need to be addressed by the police."I don't know why we're even discussing this here at borough council meetings," Boxer said. "This should be called to (borough police Chief Mark Kessler) and the state police on the spot.""State police won't come," Councilman Robert Wagner said."Then call Mark, and if he's not on duty, we'll wait until he's is on duty and issue citations immediately," Boxer said. "And if the parents don't want to comply with this, then we'll hit them with citations for driving a motorized vehicle on the streets. It's as simple as it gets."I guess that when you are fighting an epic struggle to save the 2nd Amendment you don't have much time left to go after kids on go karts. :roll:

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”