Someone Say Secession or Sedition???

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

From 2009:
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Hektor

Post by Hektor »

Uh, nice-crazy grampa? You act like that whole civil war thing was nuttin' but trouble for the Union. Seems to me that them states rights folks then were intending to keep some rights from a certain 3/5ths. Also, you do know that the confederacy printed paper money that was subject to severe inflation, yes? Or was that the damn yankees fault?

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

[/break1]whitehouse.gov/petition/formally-declare-secession-petitioners-be-delusional-ding-dongs/f53QS0vx]https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... s/f53QS0vx

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

The Big Apple July 6, 2008 [link]"'Let the bastards freeze in the dark' & 'Drive 80 mph and freeze a Yankee'",http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new ... _a_yankee/[/link]"Let the bastards freeze in the dark” (or “Let the Yankee bastards freeze in the dark” or “Let them freeze in the dark") and “Drive 80 mph and freeze a Yankee” (or “Drive 90 mph and freeze a Yankee” or “Drive fast and freeze a Yankee") were bumper stickers that were popular in Texas during the 1973-74 energy crisis.The bumper sticker “Let them freeze in the dark” appears to have started by a Wyoming company in February 1973. Energy prices were rising, but toughened environmental laws prevented finding more energy sources. The “them” were the environmentalists.Texans had other reasons (besides environmental restrictions on energy) for “freezing Yankees” in 1973-74. Federal regulations had required supplying Northeast customers with oil and natural gas at regulated prices. Also, Northeast politicians had suggested that Texans should have conserved energy during this out-of-state energy giveaway. The “Drive 80 mph and freeze a Yankee” bumper stickers were popular in Houston at this time.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Another new petition (https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... n/St0y9qBM):

we petition the obama administration to:

Force all states to pay their portion of the national debt before they can secede from the union

Residents of all states who wish to secede from the union should be required to take their own advice about 'personal responsibility', and pay their share of the national debt before being released to fend for themselves.

This debt must be paid in full, or they cannot leave.

This means no federal assistance, period.

Abridged list includes no more upkeep for highways, nor for interstates or bridges, no federally funded law enforcement or fire department, no public libraries, no phone lines, no cable television, no cell phone towers, no power grids, no water lines, no mail services, no paramedics, no hospitals which accept Medicare/Medicaid funding, no ATF, FBI, DOJ, SWAT, or Department of Homeland Security, no Border Guard, National Guard, Coast Guard, Corps of Engineers, or WITSEC.

Created: Nov 13, 2012
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

borealis

Post by borealis »

There are more items I could add to that list that would include dismantling all airports, rails, bridges, national defense and military sites.They are just silly children having a tantrum. And if i remember correctly, even the stupidest, craziest dregs can still petition the federal government even if if they can only write in crayon.

realist

Post by realist »

OH NOES!!!

From The DailyCaller...

[link]Southern governors dismiss talk of seceding from the US,http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/14/south ... om-the-us/[/link]

Texas Gov. Rick Perry isn’t the only chief executive of a state to announce that recent talk of seceding from the U.S. doesn’t interest him.

Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam and Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley both said Tuesday that they don’t plan to take action to separate their states from the U.S. federal system, despite a stream of citizen requests directed at the Obama administration.

Secession petitions lodged with the White House by citizens of the three states are already among the seven that have attracted more than 25,000 signatures each. That’s the threshold the Obama administration says will trigger an automatic review by a staff member. (RELATED: White House ‘secede’ petitions reach 675,000 signatures, 50-state participation)

[...]

All 50 states are now represented. The White House’s website has counted more than 675,000 signatures in favor of different states seceding from the U.S.more at the link
ImageX 4 ImageX36

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... n.jpgGlenn Beck newly elected President of Dumbfuckistan celebrates his win.
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

'Maybe the solution is simply to give secessionist-conservatives free passage to the land of all their conservative fantasies. A country with: a small federal government with limited power, negligible income tax and a dominant Christian population - the Democratic Republic of Congo.' ([/break1]tnr.com/article/politics/110112/go-ahead-and-secede-texas-we-dare-you]tnr.com)

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

I just looked at the LA petition and of 100+ signatures I checked, 22 of those were people who actually live in LA. A little unclear on the concept or a bunch of people trying to get rid of LA?

borealis

Post by borealis »

[/break1]wordpress.com/2012/11/12/the-economic-power-of-the-southern-states/]IF southern states banded together...If Southern states banded together they would have the fourth largest economy in the world right behind China and Japan. Do I hear echoes of the ole King Cotton saw? They omitted the number one economy. =)) =)) =)) =))

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

"Truck balls." I must live in a too blue State. It took me 5 minutes to figure that one out. =)) I've actually seen ONE set of those in all my miles.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

[/break1]wordpress.com/2012/11/12/the-economic-power-of-the-southern-states/]IF southern states banded together...If Southern states banded together they would have the fourth largest economy in the world right behind China and Japan. Do I hear echoes of the ole King Cotton saw? They omitted the number one economy. =)) =)) =)) =))It's kinda arcane, and you've touched on it, but what are they gonna underwrite their currency with? Cuz all them wingnutters just know Ft. Knox is empty.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

PatGund

Post by PatGund »

borealis

Post by borealis »

OMG Pat! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

borealis

Post by borealis »

[/break1]wordpress.com/2012/11/12/the-economic-power-of-the-southern-states/]IF southern states banded together...If Southern states banded together they would have the fourth largest economy in the world right behind China and Japan. Do I hear echoes of the ole King Cotton saw? They omitted the number one economy. =)) =)) =)) =))It's kinda arcane, and you've touched on it, but what are they gonna underwrite their currency with? Cuz all them wingnutters just know Ft. Knox is empty.There's plenty of pyrite. Will that do? And as we know these are big fools.

PatGund

Post by PatGund »

Oh good.[link]Vets respond as all 50 states petition to secede,http://wtvr.com/2012/11/15/veterans-res ... to-secede/[/link]"None of the petitions have been filed by elected state officials, and many have voters who aren’t state residents. It’s questionable if residents of each state filed a petition on behalf of their state, or if people are starting the petitions simply for the sake of having a petition from each state. Regardless, the buzz has many talking, on both sides, including some of the nation’s veterans.“I just can’t believe that someone would actually do something like that or some state could think that they can actually get along by themselves,” said Tom Lacy, a veteran from Arkansas.On the flip side, one vet said its just a form of free speech. “If you think about it that’s why vets have been going to war for this country for 200 years, to make sure that if you have to gripe, you can gripe openly about it,” another veteran said."

bob

Post by bob »

OBC: [/break1]com/eligibility-challenger-starts-secession-petition-for-alabama]Eligibility Challenger Starts Secession Petition for Alabama:It appears on these pages because Al waged a good fight, which was [highlight]illegally dismissed[/highlight], to keep Obama off the ballot. I’m not keen on begging the usurper for the right to secede, since he has zero legal authority. Even if he was an actual President, he couldn’t, but a usurper has even less authority.Whereas, the subsequent re-election of Barack Hussein Obama and Joseph Robinette “Joe” Biden, Jr. to the offices of president and vice-president of the United States of America, by a sectional party, avowedly hostile to the domestic institutions and to the peace and security of the citizens of The United States of America and to the citizens of the great state of Alabama.Do hereby desire secession from the union and the formation of an independent seperate (S.I.C.) state.The citizens of the great state of Alabama have the right to stand for their principles. That man is granted unalienable rights, which are not the dispensations of the government, but find their beginnings in God and come from God alone. These are the principles that our forefathers stood for, and so do the people of Alabama.:yankyank:
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

bob

Post by bob »

OBC: [/break1]com/on-secession-by-van-irion]On Secession, by Van Irion:(Post-Secessionist map, as envisioned by Progressives)Secession has been at the top of the alternative news this week and I think an important point is being missed in the discussion. Most of the talking points have been centered around whether or not secession is legal. Now stop and think about this for a minute. The reason the petitions have begun is because we have a government that is acting illegally, with impunity, every day. [highlight]What difference does it make if secession is legal[/highlight]? We have to follow the law and they don’t? (In point of fact, [highlight]it is legal to secede despite the flawed Supreme court precedent to the contrary[/highlight].) As Thomas Jefferson said, we must “separate from our companions only when the sole alternatives left, are the dissolution of our Union with them, or submission to a government without limitation of powers. Between these two evils, when we must make a choice, there can be no hesitation.”This is exactly the situation we are in. And we are in this situation because the states failed to follow Jefferson’s advice and be “watchful to note every material usurpation on their rights; to denounce them as they occur in the most peremptory terms…”As of the writing of this letter, 6 of the top 20, and 16 of the top 40, petitions seek secession for their state. These petitions show the level of frustration we are feeling with our Federal government and give us an avenue to express it. I don’t believe the White House will respond in any meaningful way to these petitions, but it is a way for Americans to make a symbolic stand. It is a type of 9/12 march on our capitol. Personally, I signed the petition for the state of Tennessee.Here at Liberty Legal Foundation, we are investigating, discussing and weighing every available avenue for restoring rule of law in this country. We welcome your input and as always we press on…:yawn:

esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

I think that misrepresenting the outcome of his case might get him into some trouble. Was he one of the Alabama plaintiffs that had a suspended sanctions order against him?Illegally dismissed? Says who?

borealis

Post by borealis »

OBC: [/break1]com/on-secession-by-van-irion]On Secession, by Van Irion:(Post-Secessionist map, as envisioned by Progressives)Secession has been at the top of the alternative news this week and I think an important point is being missed in the discussion. Most of the talking points have been centered around whether or not secession is legal. Now stop and think about this for a minute. The reason the petitions have begun is because we have a government that is acting illegally, with impunity, every day. [highlight]What difference does it make if secession is legal[/highlight]? We have to follow the law and they don’t? (In point of fact, [highlight]it is legal to secede despite the flawed Supreme court precedent to the contrary[/highlight].) As Thomas Jefferson said, we must “separate from our companions only when the sole alternatives left, are the dissolution of our Union with them, or submission to a government without limitation of powers. Between these two evils, when we must make a choice, there can be no hesitation.”This is exactly the situation we are in. And we are in this situation because the states failed to follow Jefferson’s advice and be “watchful to note every material usurpation on their rights; to denounce them as they occur in the most peremptory terms…”As of the writing of this letter, 6 of the top 20, and 16 of the top 40, petitions seek secession for their state. These petitions show the level of frustration we are feeling with our Federal government and give us an avenue to express it. I don’t believe the White House will respond in any meaningful way to these petitions, but it is a way for Americans to make a symbolic stand. It is a type of 9/12 march on our capitol. Personally, I signed the petition for the state of Tennessee.Here at Liberty Legal Foundation, we are investigating, discussing and weighing every available avenue for restoring rule of law in this country. We welcome your input and as always we press on…:yawn: They are missing a map notation: Here be dragons.

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin »

Illegally dismissed? Says who?He apparently illegally dismissed his own case. I hope he is willing to pay the penalty for treason to whatever imaginary country he owes his allegiance.

bob

Post by bob »

Secession, you say?

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Can someone with better computer access than me at the moment find and post a speech by John H. Wood from the Mississippi Secession Debate/ vote? Mr. Wood gave a prescient speech against secession and was the only vote against. I listened to a reenactment at the Old State Capitol and his speech gave me chills. Very apropos to today's nonsense.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”