Roger Stone

User avatar
Gregg
Posts: 3160
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:09 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH USA
Occupation: We build cars

Re: Roger Stone

#176

Post by Gregg » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:38 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:41 pm
Roger Stone wrote:To storm my house with greater force than was used to take down bin Laden or El Chapo or Pablo Escobar, it’s unconscionable.
Jeez-O-Pete. Hyperbole much?

El Chapo was captured by Mexican Marines in a raid in which five people were killed. Pablo Escobar was killed by the Columbian police after an extensive manhunt. Osama bin Laden was killed along with four other people in a raid carried out by Seal Team Six.

Greater force? Well, since nobody died I suspect not. What an asshole.
Image
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

User avatar
neonzx
Posts: 6463
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:27 am

Re: Roger Stone

#177

Post by neonzx » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:57 am

Image
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

User avatar
Addie
Posts: 35386
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:22 am
Location: downstairs

Re: Roger Stone

#178

Post by Addie » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:45 am

Daily Beast: How the Proud Boys Became Roger Stone’s Personal Army

The dirty trickster started his initiation last year. Now the ‘Western chauvinist’ group has his back against Mueller and the media.

User avatar
Northland10
Posts: 8532
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Chicago area - North burbs

Re: Roger Stone

#179

Post by Northland10 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:10 am

Addie wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:45 am
Daily Beast: How the Proud Boys Became Roger Stone’s Personal Army

The dirty trickster started his initiation last year. Now the ‘Western chauvinist’ group has his back against Mueller and the media.
And now we have another reason why the FBI came unannounced and in larger numbers, though extremely mild compared to, say, Bin Laden.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

User avatar
DejaMoo
Posts: 5041
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:19 pm
Occupation: Agent of ZOG

Re: Roger Stone

#180

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:24 am

Hey, ladies of TFB, remember how guys always used to say women were unsuited for positions of authority because we were too emotional, too prone to hysteria? The very same guys who still think that way display their emotional instability on a daily basis, getting all worked up and hysterical over imaginary boogeymen.

A scholar writing about talk radio culture back in the 90s referred to them as male hysterics, and discussed how right-wing radio was made to appeal to their fears and anxieties. Not only stoking those fears and anxieties, but making it socially acceptable for men to express them.

We need to start calling these types out as being too emotionally unstable for positions of responsibility. We need to redefine normal, and that starts by emphatically stating what is not normal behavior or beliefs for adults.
I've heard this bull before.

User avatar
Danraft
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: Roger Stone

#181

Post by Danraft » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:46 am

It's so obvious what happened... cough cough

The government was shut down, so Stone relaxes as he isn't likely to be arrested.
Like any good Prepper, he has his "bug-out bag" ready by the door.
Or, as the Trump Crime family calls it, " Ankle Bracelet Club" bag.

Since Friday would seem to safe since the FBI officers are furloughed, Roger hosts a "I'd like you to meat my wife" party Thursday night.
And, the driver for the Proud Boys bus starts messing around with the phone in the ABC bag.

DING. Alarms go off .
Automatically generated pages are sent.

You guessed it, it was the SAME PHONE Cohen used in Budapest.

Immediately, a warrant is obtained ( fortunately a judge was up, tho strangely in a Scooby Doo costume)
And all electronic devices seized. Well, communication devices.
The Mercury Project

User avatar
DejaMoo
Posts: 5041
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:19 pm
Occupation: Agent of ZOG

Re: Roger Stone

#182

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:04 am

There's a great podcast about Roger Stone.

The Man With The Nixon Tattoo

The episode ends with this lovely bit of musical satire:

You used to lobby hard
For anyone that had your card
Now it's getting pretty tough for you
With your Richard Nixon back tattoo
You might wanna go back and read The Art of the Deal

How does it feel?
How does it feel?
To be on your own
With no direction home
Calling Alex Jones
Cause you're Roger Stone

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I've heard this bull before.

User avatar
Slim Cognito
Posts: 6762
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 am

Re: Roger Stone

#183

Post by Slim Cognito » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:18 am

Danraft wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:46 am
It's so obvious what happened... cough cough

The government was shut down, so Stone relaxes as he isn't likely to be arrested.
Like any good Prepper, he has his "bug-out bag" ready by the door.
Or, as the Trump Crime family calls it, " Ankle Bracelet Club" bag.

Since Friday would seem to safe since the FBI officers are furloughed, Roger hosts a "I'd like you to meat my wife" party Thursday night.
And, the driver for the Proud Boys bus starts messing around with the phone in the ABC bag.

DING. Alarms go off .
Automatically generated pages are sent.

You guessed it, it was the SAME PHONE Cohen used in Budapest.

Immediately, a warrant is obtained ( fortunately a judge was up, tho strangely in a Scooby Doo costume)
And all electronic devices seized. Well, communication devices.
Considering Stone's proud swinger past, I'd sure hate to be the people who have to search those devices.
ImageImageImage x4

User avatar
Slim Cognito
Posts: 6762
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 am

Re: Roger Stone

#184

Post by Slim Cognito » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:23 am

DejaMoo wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:04 am
There's a great podcast about Roger Stone.

The Man With The Nixon Tattoo

The episode ends with this lovely bit of musical satire:

You used to lobby hard
For anyone that had your card
Now it's getting pretty tough for you
With your Richard Nixon back tattoo
You might wanna go back and read The Art of the Deal

How does it feel?
How does it feel?
To be on your own
With no direction home
Calling Alex Jones
Cause you're Roger Stone

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
That's great! Here's my contribution. (Lydia the Tattooed Lady)

Roger, oh Roger, say have you met Roger
Roger the Tattooed Dandy.
He has hats that makes folks snicker
His spats and ascots even quicker.
Roger, oh Roger, that silly old codger,
Oh Roger, the link to Assange!
On his back he has Nixon staring at you
No telling what he's next planning to do.
Pledging loyalty to Trump,
We all can assume
Mueller will learn a lot from Roger.
ImageImageImage x4

User avatar
Tiredretiredlawyer
Posts: 9366
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Animal Planet
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Re: Roger Stone

#185

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:40 am


Donald J. Drumpf
@RealDonalDrumpf
Thank you, Sarah Huckabee S. for always telling the absolute 100% verified truthiness about my total innocence! Roger Stone was just a low-level BFF that I hardly knew for more than 40 years who I accidentally called at 3AM 40+ times to not discuss Wikileaks! NIXON WAS INNOCENT!
69
9:15 AM - Jan 29, 2019
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

Somerset
Posts: 4309
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:52 am
Location: Silicon Valley
Occupation: Lab rat

Re: Roger Stone

#186

Post by Somerset » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:30 am

Slim Cognito wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:18 am
Danraft wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:46 am
It's so obvious what happened... cough cough

The government was shut down, so Stone relaxes as he isn't likely to be arrested.
Like any good Prepper, he has his "bug-out bag" ready by the door.
Or, as the Trump Crime family calls it, " Ankle Bracelet Club" bag.

Since Friday would seem to safe since the FBI officers are furloughed, Roger hosts a "I'd like you to meat my wife" party Thursday night.
And, the driver for the Proud Boys bus starts messing around with the phone in the ABC bag.

DING. Alarms go off .
Automatically generated pages are sent.

You guessed it, it was the SAME PHONE Cohen used in Budapest.

Immediately, a warrant is obtained ( fortunately a judge was up, tho strangely in a Scooby Doo costume)
And all electronic devices seized. Well, communication devices.
Considering Stone's proud swinger past lifestyle, I'd sure hate to be the people who have to search those devices.
FIFY

User avatar
bob
Posts: 27239
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:22 pm

Re: Roger Stone

#187

Post by bob » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:15 pm

Salon wrote: Speaking of racism, it was Stone’s idea for Trump to revive "birtherism" long after Barack Obama had won the 2008 election and been sworn in as president.
Salon didn't cite its source; have we heard this before?

To answer my own question: this March 2011 Politico article .
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

PaulG
Posts: 569
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Roger Stone

#188

Post by PaulG » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:25 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:24 am
Hey, ladies of TFB, remember how guys always used to say women were unsuited for positions of authority because we were too emotional, too prone to hysteria? The very same guys who still think that way display their emotional instability on a daily basis, getting all worked up and hysterical over imaginary boogeymen.

A scholar writing about talk radio culture back in the 90s referred to them as male hysterics, and discussed how right-wing radio was made to appeal to their fears and anxieties. Not only stoking those fears and anxieties, but making it socially acceptable for men to express them.

We need to start calling these types out as being too emotionally unstable for positions of responsibility. We need to redefine normal, and that starts by emphatically stating what is not normal behavior or beliefs for adults.
In that vein, I was just reading this, "Five mass shootings in five days: Is America officially desensitized to gun violence?"
https://www.salon.com/2019/01/29/five-m ... -violence/
There has been a striking pattern in several of these shootings; a specific similarity shared by the perpetrators. Three out of the last five shooters (Monday’s alleged shooter in Houston and Sunday’s shooter in Newark have not yet been identified) were reportedly young men. All these known suspects were 21 years old and already had some history of violence or threatened violence toward women. Two of the three men had served in the armed forces.

User avatar
Estiveo
Posts: 8252
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:31 pm
Location: Trouble's Howse

Re: Roger Stone

#189

Post by Estiveo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:22 pm

Screenshot_2019-01-29-15-21-15.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image Image Image

User avatar
Chilidog
Posts: 10154
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Roger Stone

#190

Post by Chilidog » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:37 pm

MY EYES!!!!!

User avatar
Kendra
Posts: 14740
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:53 am

Re: Roger Stone

#191

Post by Kendra » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:45 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:37 pm
MY EYES!!!!!
What has been seen cannot be unseen. Do we have an eye bleach emo?

User avatar
fierceredpanda
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:04 pm
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Re: Roger Stone

#192

Post by fierceredpanda » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:34 pm

:nooo:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

User avatar
RoadScholar
Posts: 8152
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:25 am
Location: Baltimore
Occupation: Historic Restoration Woodworker
Contact:

Re: Roger Stone

#193

Post by RoadScholar » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:48 pm

Hell, I’m just glad the painting stopped right below Trump’s nose! 8-)
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

User avatar
Estiveo
Posts: 8252
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:31 pm
Location: Trouble's Howse

Re: Roger Stone

#194

Post by Estiveo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:14 pm

Screenshot_2019-01-29-19-13-12.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image Image Image

User avatar
neonzx
Posts: 6463
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:27 am

Re: Roger Stone

#195

Post by neonzx » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:18 pm

Estiveo wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:14 pm
Screenshot_2019-01-29-19-13-12.jpg
:yikes: I knew someone would go there. :cantlook:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

User avatar
Suranis
Posts: 16992
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:04 am

Re: Roger Stone

#196

Post by Suranis » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:30 pm

Keep yer fantasies outa this.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

User avatar
Lilslice
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Ohio
Occupation: Master Social Worker/Therapist
Contact:

Re: Roger Stone

#197

Post by Lilslice » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:34 pm

neonzx wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:57 am
Image
Hahahaha! *snort*. Your meme wins the internet!
At this point, if a clown invited me into the woods, I would just go.

User avatar
Orlylicious
Posts: 10243
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:02 pm
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Re: Roger Stone

#198

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:56 pm

Love the meme!

And 1000% what Maybenaut said. What's so worrisome is that dumb people are going to believe these liars and think they can commit these crimes too. Then when they get the 20 years, wait for the whining of discrimmination. An ugly vicious circle and Fox News seems to be all in, that's awful.

Maybenaut wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:30 pm
The Hill wrote:"It's highly questionable if the underlying conduct is even illegal," Moreno told Hill.TV's Buck Sexton and Jamal Simmons on "Rising," going on to say that he was not “downplaying” the charges Stone is facing.
Witness tampering isn't illegal? Obstruction of justice isn't illegal. Lying to Congress isn't illegal?

This is infuriating, calling these "process crimes" as if they're not really crimes. Witness tampering carries a 20 year maximum sentence (life if you kill the witness). Obstruction and lying to Congress carry five years each. These are crimes. And if the government can prove it, Stone is facing a theoretical maximum of 60 years in prison (he'll get a relative slap on the wrist under the guidelines, but so not the point).

If "process crimes" were a thing, you'd think there'd be caselaw on it, but there's not. There have been some law review articles written about government overreach by making mountains out of molehills when they can't prove what they really want to prove (as in, they can't prove the conspiracy, but they can prove the lie so they charge the lie). And I get that. But that doesn't change the nature of the crimes of obstruction, perjury and witness tampering. If anything, it's an argument for a reduced sentence. But I think it's a dangerous road to go down to pretend that these things aren't serious crimes.
Photo: Legendary Hattie McDaniel reacting to Donald & Pals, including #Birthers, and to what's going on in the USA.
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

User avatar
bob
Posts: 27239
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:22 pm

Re: Roger Stone

#199

Post by bob » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:22 pm

So there's a dumb story on Gateway Pundit (so dumb that I'm not going to link to it). It complains that CNN filmed Stone's wife in her nightgown on the sidewalk. But CNN is "protecting" the FBI by not airing the footage.

Can you imagine the outrage (and possible legal ramifications) if it had aired the footage?

This outraged crowd will be outraged regardless of what happens.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

User avatar
Maybenaut
Posts: 5783
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 am
Location: Maybelot

Re: Roger Stone

#200

Post by Maybenaut » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:35 pm

:roll:
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”