Jacob Wohl

neonzx

Jacob Wohl

Post by neonzx » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:56 am

It's overdue for Jakey to get his own thread.

He's in the print and online USA Today, today. :shock: :?

This 21-year-old tweeted lies about Robert Mueller and Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Now, he’s eyeing the 2020 election
COSTA MESA, Calif. – A false claim bubbled up from the internet last month that Sen. Kamala Harris, the recently announced presidential candidate, wasn’t eligible for election because she had immigrant parents and spent part of her childhood in Canada. The claim, an echo of the “birther” conspiracy that trailed President Barack Obama, was widely debunked but still addressed seriously by mainstream news pundits, including CNN’s Chris Cuomo.

Even better for Jacob Wohl, the 21-year-old Californian who ignited the Harris birther claim with a tweet, some people actually seemed to accept it as fact.

“The believability stuck at about 15 to 18 percent by my measurement,” Wohl said in an interview shortly afterward, declaring it “not a bad campaign.”
Jacob Wohl ✔ @JacobAWohl
Kamala Harris is NOT eligible to be President. Her father arrived from Jamaica in 1961—mother from India arrived in 1960

Neither parent was a legal resident for 5 years prior to Harris’s birth, a requirement for naturalization

Kamala was raised in Canada
10:38 AM - Jan 22, 2019
Wohl, a self-professed “political and corporate intel consultant” and supporter of President Donald Trump, is dedicated to plying the malleable fringe of the electorate with dubious claims and disinformation schemes.

Amplifying him in that quest are his links to the world’s loudest Twitter cheerleader, Trump. Wohl’s father, attorney David Wohl, says that as a Trump surrogate he was on calls with the 2016 presidential candidate daily. David Wohl has regularly appeared on cable news networks to promote the president and his policies. :snippity:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

neonzx

Re: Jacob Wohl

Post by neonzx » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:09 am

and just for good measure...

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:09 am

Does he deserve his own thread?

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:15 am

Chilidog wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:09 am
Probably. He's a prolific and persistent little shitbird.

Edit: ETA: Too, also, the probability of him stepping on his own dick in some spectacular fashion in the next several months is quite significant.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:22 am

Mikedunford wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:15 am
Chilidog wrote:

Edit: ETA: Too, also, the probability of him stepping on his own dick in some spectacular fashion in the next several months is quite significant.
Yes to ALL points, and one can but hope. As my grandmother would have said, "he is too clever by half" the kind of clever that leads to the proposed ending.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Tarrant

Post by Tarrant » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:03 am

Mikedunford wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:15 am
Chilidog wrote:

I would have thought that trying to essentially frame Mueller for sexual assault would have affected his credibility but it hasn’t at all. From the conservative side it’s more like “Well, that complete lie didn’t take hold. That’s ok, on to the next one! Try, try (lie, lie) again!”

One has to admire the level of corruption though; it takes a lot to get banned for life from the securities industry before you can even legally drink.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:17 am

Tarrant wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:03 am
I would have thought that trying to essentially frame Mueller for sexual assault would have affected his credibility but it hasn’t at all. From the conservative side it’s more like “Well, that complete lie didn’t take hold. That’s ok, on to the next one! Try, try (lie, lie) again!”
The blatant lies of Trump don't phase the diehards, so it should surprise no one that people like Wohl can sustain themselves in the that echo-chamber.

Incidentally, it was Jacob's dad, David Wohl, who tweeted out, with pride, the USAToday page earlier this morning and caught my attention.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:20 am

Jacob Wohl @JacobAWohl

Our investigation into Ilhan Omar's past has uncovered irrefutable proof that she married her brother in the furtherance of immigration and student loan fraud

Jack Burkman and I will deliver our findings on Thursday at 3:00 PM, Gaylord Convention Center
They've moved on (up?) from Holiday Inns as a venue? Somebody make sure Jack zips his trousers.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:31 am

:swoon:
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Tarrant

Post by Tarrant » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:48 am

I await with bated breath this “irrefutable” proof.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:05 am

Tarrant wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:48 am
I await with bated breath this “irrefutable” proof.
Here's the backstory on this claim: there's an online Twin Cities Somali community forum. Last July/August, there was discussion on the forum about Ilhan. A poster stated on the forum that Ilhan had married her brother to get him into the country, and provided several photos and links to the guy's Facebook and Instagram to prove that: A. this was the fellow in question; and B. the same fellow was identified as a sibling in family photos posted online.

No idea who the poster was, and what their motivation for making the claim was, but it may have been linked to one of her previous political rivals, who also happens to be Somali.

Shortly afterward, a Twin Cities conservative blogger was tipped off about this discussion on the Somali forum. He published the claim on his blog, referring to the forum discussion and Facebook/Instragram photos. He has a higher profile in local politics, thus ensuring the claim received attention, even though it was swiftly squashed by Ilhan's not-so-specific denials. And the thread on the Somali community forum was scrubbed - but not before the conservative blogger grabbed some screenshots.

This type of immigration fraud is not unheard of (it's come up in other local legal cases involving immigrants from other countries), so it is not an extraordinary claim. The only thing that makes it notable is that one of the parties named in this particular allegation subsequently became an elected politician.

ETA: So I expect JaWohl's "proof" will simply be the stuff from the conservative blogger's blog. And it's true that the man she married was evicted from his apartment he'd shared with Ilhan and her other fellow while going to college. He later moved back to the UK.

ETA II: I can't see the point of going through immigration fraud in the US when the fellow already had been given residency in the UK. For me, that's the weak link in this allegation. Why bother, when he was safely out of Somalia already?
I've heard this bull before.

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:09 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:05 am
This type of immigration fraud is not unheard of (it's not come up yet in other local legal cases involving immigrants from other countries), so it is not an extraordinary claim. The only thing that makes it notable is that one of the parties named in this particular type of allegation subsequently became an elected politician. the first lady.
FTFY
Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:12 pm

Wohl's constant cavorting with Jack Burkman is becoming disturbing.

"Tell the reporters where Jack Burkman touched you, Jacob."
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:35 pm

Jared Holt

@jaredlholt
Follow Follow @jaredlholt
More Jared Holt Retweeted Alex Kaplan
Jacob Wohl has been suspended on Twitter.
Will he handcuff himself to their door? ;)
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Jacob Wohl Permanently Banned by Twitter for Fake Accounts
The 21-year-old pro-Trump troll said he would try to manipulate the 2020 election. Oops.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jacob-woh ... e-accounts

Twitter banned notorious Trump supporter Jacob Wohl from its platform on Tuesday, alleging that Wohl broke the site’s rules against creating fake accounts.

Wohl’s ban came hours after he boasted in a USA Today interview about his plans to create fake accounts on Twitter and Facebook, which he said would be used to manipulate the 2020 election.

“The account was suspended for multiple violations of the Twitter Rules, specifically creating and operating fake accounts,” a Twitter spokesperson told The Daily Beast. (Wohl didn’t respond to a request for comment.)

Wohl, 21, had amassed more than 180,000 followers on Twitter before his ban, thanks in large part to his frequent, enthusiastic replies to Donald Trump’s tweets.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:48 pm

more.
Twitter bans Trump-supporting hoaxster after USA TODAY exposé
... Wohl said when reached by USA TODAY that he had never created a false or misleading account. "I've had accounts for my businesses and my future think tank but that's about it," Wohl said, confirming that all of those accounts had been "nuked" this afternoon. "I've not created fake accounts or bot armies or anything like that."

When asked the name of the "future think tank," Wohl declined to provide it, saying he planned to use it in a "clandestine manner."

Among accounts that were suspended was that of Surefire Intelligence, Wohl's operation that played a role in his bizarre scheme to disgrace Special Counsel Robert Mueller in the days before the mid-term elections.

Wohl said that he was not bothered by the suspension, saying that he was trending on Twitter even as his accounts had been suspended. "I'm going to continue to own their platform and make them useful to me so it doesn't really matter to me, to be honest," Wohl said.
womp womp. :smoking:

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:42 pm

Maybe he and Laura Loomer can chain themselves to each other.
Image Image Image Image Image

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:50 pm

Will Sommer

Verified account

@willsommer
14m14 minutes ago
More
Jacob Wohl's fake Twitter accounts included a "Women 4 Schultz" account devoted to Starbucks founder Howard Schultz.

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:52 pm

now that jake is of no use to her anymore, Laura will need to find another twitter user to attach herself to.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:29 pm

Turtle wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:52 pm
now that jake is of no use to her anymore, Laura will need to find another twitter user to attach herself to.
Chalice Jackson?
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:52 pm

He seems to have a new account. Always hard to tell if real or not.
https://twitter.com/JacobWohlAlt

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:06 pm

He's 21, can you see why Jim Hoft hired him? He's hot and flexible. From a NK parody account:

Jacob.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Avatar Photo: Dedicated to Slim by the International Brotherhood of Weasels.
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:20 am

scirreeve wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:52 pm
And that account has now been suspended - must have really been him. Idiot.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:05 am

Jakey is one of those sorts and kind of people who thinks they are cleverer and smarter than everyone else, Daddy must have, as I'm sure he did, told him this. The problem is that while Jakey may be clever of a sort, he is not smart, certainly not smart the way he thinks he is, and really not nearly as clever as he thinks he is. This is what three, major, public FAILS, now pretty much in succession, not counting his permanent banishment from the securities industry, so he must be smarting real bad from that about now, and his ego will demand a comeback success. His kind of ego gets more careless the more desperate he gets.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Tarrant

Post by Tarrant » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:25 am

scirreeve wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:20 am
scirreeve wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:52 pm
And that account has now been suspended - must have really been him. Idiot.
Dollars to donuts he was thinking “Ah-ha! I’m using a different email address, they’ll never be able to prove it’s me!” while doing said connections with the same phone he was before.

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”