Laura Loomer

Grumpy Old Guy

Re: Laura Loomer

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

bob wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:58 pm
tek wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:17 pmAs far as I can tell, nobody knows who she is. No signs, no bumper stickers, never on the news.
I :snippity:

Ob. Wonkette: Court Reminds Conservatives For 9,278,428th Time The First Amendment DOES NOT APPLY To Businesses.
Funny line from the Wonkette article:
:snippity: Somewhere along the way, that wackjob Laura Loomer joined, but there aren't enough drugs in the world to fortify us to go through the docket and figure out when she wandered into the frame. :snippity:
Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Grumpy Old Guy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:13 pm Funny line from the Wonkette article:
:snippity: Somewhere along the way, that wackjob Laura Loomer joined, but there aren't enough drugs in the world to fortify us to go through the docket and figure out when she wandered into the frame. :snippity:
December 2018. I was getting confused because Larry Loomer has filed multiple suits against the same defendants in multiple jurisdictions.
North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Klayman says he may try to refile in state court ("in Florida, where Laura and I are citizens").
Can you say, "res judicata," boys and girls?

I knew you could!
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:43 pm
Klayman says he may try to refile in state court ("in Florida, where Laura and I are citizens").

I knew you could!
Not to mention, he already did this dance with a case against Facebook. Loomer had a case against Facebook in the SD of Florida. When it was about to get booted to the ND of California, they filed a new case in state court. The first case was transferred and then Facebook removed the new state case to Federal court. Loomer/Klayman then voluntarily dismissed the new one after a good whine.

He has not moved to be accepted PHV yet. He tends to drag his feet on those when he does do them (either from lack of a local counsel or the fact he is always last minute).

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

I knew you could!
Even though I am pretty sure Klayman now lives permanently in California.
Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

I knew you could!
The Grift is strong.
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

I thought I heard that Trump had endorsed her in the primary. But I could be wrong - I often am.
bring out the tumbrils. I am so fucking filled with pain and anger at what is going on in this country. I do deeply believe that if trump somehow retains power it will be the end of democracy in this country and the end of this country as we know it.
bob

Post by bob »

woodworker wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:16 pm I thought I heard that Trump had endorsed her in the primary.
Barr (Bob not Bill) said the impeached president tweeted "support." I can't be bothered to search his tweets, or to discern whether "support" is the same as "endorse."

Speaking of endorsements:

I find it hi-larious that both Stone and Klayman ("in his personal capacity") endorse Loomer, yet hate each other.

Too also: Trump would 'issue the final death blow' to Twitter by deleting his account: Right-wing activist:
Laura Loomer, a right-wing activist banned from Facebook and Twitter, believes President Trump should ditch both social media platforms because of alleged anti-conservative bias.

“What I would honestly like to see, and what I think would be effective, is for the president to leave Twitter and to leave Facebook and to stop spending money on Facebook ads and instead come over to sites like Parler and Gab,” Ms. Loomer told The Washington Times.
Loomer is, in a way, correct. :shock: Deleting his account would be far more of a statement than his bluster-and-bullshit executive order.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
bob

Post by bob »

Yeah; that's just Klayman try to ride this grift a little farther. Klayman vows to take this case all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court and Palm Beach!
Sterngard Friegen wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:15 pmEven though I am pretty sure Klayman now lives permanently in California.
I included that nugget for you. :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Yeah, he could wreck the Oxygen atmosphere (long a deep state enclave) by switching to an all Chlorine air supply.

I'd pitch into a GoFundMe for that.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

April 2020 Fox News story about the "GOP AOC" :roll: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republ ... sional-run

Couple points from that article:
But she is raising serious money. Loomer’s campaign collected $204,786 in the first quarter of 2020, according to April filings with the Federal Election Commission, bringing her total haul to nearly $600,000 — significantly more than her eight GOP primary rivals combined.

Among her more than 9,000 individual donors are some big names: Home Depot billionaire Bernard Marcus ($2,800) and Eric Javits, a former US ambassador ($1,000).

Karen Giorno, a 30-year veteran of GOP politics who served as Donald Trump’s 2016 Florida state director, is running Loomer’s campaign. The district is home to the president’s Mar-a-Lago club and now his official residence.
That's the IMPOTUS connection (plus Palm Beach home county). And Fox doesn't mention that her fundraising costs are skyhigh (think we covered that earlier in the topic).
Team Loomer said they expect to blow out the crowded GOP field in the Aug. 18 primary before heading into a final matchup with the Democratic incumbent — Lois Frankel, a former West Palm Beach mayor elected to Congress in 2013. In 2016, she prevailed over Republican Paul Spain with 62.7% of the vote, even as Donald Trump went on to win the state by more than 100,000 votes.
Loomer's campaign uses PR Newswire's baby company because nobody cares, here's the latest:
Congressional Candidate Laura Loomer To Resume Campaign Activities Amongst Growing Support
CAMPAIGN WAS FIRST IN THE NATION TO PAUSE ACTIVITIES DUE TO CORONAVIRUS AND IS THE FIRST TO RESUME

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Laura Loomer for Congress
May 27, 2020, 16:11 ET

PALM BEACH, Fla., May 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Laura Loomer, Republican candidate for Congress in Florida's 21st District, home to President and Mrs. Trump, will officially resume campaign activities on June 1st, 2020 as Florida, under Governor DeSantis' leadership, moves into Phase 2 of the reopening process following the Chinese Virus Pandemic.

Laura Loomer stated, "My campaign is looking forward to safely resuming campaign activities to win Florida's 21st Congressional seat. Governor DeSantis is doing a great job setting an example for the nation's governors by leading Florida into Phase 2 and ending the lockdown. Just as Florida's businesses are eager to get back to work and Floridians are waiting in anticipation to venture outside, so are we!"

On March 9th, Laura Loomer for Congress was the first federal campaign in the nation to temporarily halt events and public activities like door knocking due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Loomer instructed volunteers and staff to assist with community needs such as blood drives and mask making for first responders.

Karen Giorno, President Trump's 2016 Florida State Director and chief strategist for the Loomer campaign commented, "Laura is running against Lois Frankel who advocates for an indefinite shutdown while abdicating her duties with proxy votes in Congress. Moreover, Frankel is more interested in pushing for easily manipulated absentee voting in November, instead of focusing on rebuilding Florida's economy. Florida needs and deserves better, and that's Laura Loomer."

In addition to endorsements from Roger Stone, Rep. Paul Gosar, Michelle Malkin, and Judge Jeanine Pirro, Laura Loomer has secured endorsements from Rush Limbaugh's producer "Bo Snerdley", Hollywood conservative Chuck Woolery, and comedian Roseanne Barr.

Last month, President Trump retweeted support for Laura Loomer's campaign, which he has now done twice since Loomer filed to run for Congress in the Mar a Lago district.

Loomer closed by saying, "While my opponent Lois Frankel continues to socially distance herself from the concerns and needs of Florida 21 voters, I'm excited to listen to the voters around the district including 2020 graduates who were forced to have virtual graduations and were robbed of meaningful life milestones. Additionally, Florida 21 small businesses need our help and my campaign will do all that we can to assist their efforts to rebuild while we work to flip this seat red!"

SOURCE Laura Loomer for Congress
Damn, those Chuck Woolery and Roseanne endorsements could be trouble.
Avatar: LDIT's Post-election #FAIL record in court. And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon! Returns 2021. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Loomer wrote:What I would honestly like to see, and what I think would be effective, is for the president to leave Twitter...
One of the few things in the Loomer universe I could support. Get it done.

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Email grift from La Loomer. They didn't censor IMPOTUS, they put a tag on the tweet. OK:
Last week, Twitter censored the President of the United States for “glorifying violence,” just because he called for law enforcement to stop the violent riots gripping America’s cities.

You know who Twitter didn’t censor?

Basically everyone on the left, like:

Writer Rachel Hislop, who wrote: “Clearly, rioting works. Clearly, burning things works.”

Or Colin Kaepernick: “When civility leads to death, revolting is the only logical reaction… Your violence has brought this resistance. We have the right to fight back!”

Or even far-left Jacobin Magazine--arguing that violent property destruction “can be effective in winning social change."

When conservatives call for law and order, it’s “glorifying violence.”

When liberals call for actual violence? Big Tech praises them as heroes.

Right now, I’m suing Twitter, Facebook, and the rest of their Big Tech allies to hold them accountable for their dangerous, unconstitutional suppression campaign against conservative voices.

But I can’t continue to pay our legal bills and keep fighting this critical fight for free speech without your immediate support.

I have you down for $19. :lol: Will you come through with an emergency donation to our Free Speech Legal Fund?

Please make your most generous gift of $19--or even $31 or $53, if you can afford it--to help us mount our defense for free speech and the First Amendment.

Thanks for your help!

Laura Loomer
No more "respectfully"?
Avatar: LDIT's Post-election #FAIL record in court. And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon! Returns 2021. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
tek

Post by tek »

Imma go contribute $19 or $31 to Lois Frankel, my congresswoman that Loomer is trying to unseat.
There's no way back
from there to here
Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Orlylicious you get on all the fun beggar lists. :rotflmao:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

:lol: ND, thankfully burner accounts are free!

The paragon of journalism, the Washington Times, ran a "Laura Loomer can win!" piece featuring tons of bullsh*t from Karen Giorno. Had to read to the very very end to find the only truth in the story, and it was a quote from Friend of The Fogbow Steve Schale :lol:
Orly Licious @Orly_licious
Replying to @steveschale and @marcorubio 8-)

Steve we love you! Money quote of the day re Laura Loomer #FL21: “Even in a good year, it would be hard for a Republican to compete there. Do I think a fringe conspiracy theorist can win there? Let’s just say I have a better chance of winning The Masters.”

If you haven't had your laugh of the day yet:
Republicans see chance to flip Florida congressional seat
By Alex Swoyer - The Washington Times - Wednesday, June 24, 2020

After President Trump became a resident of Palm Beach County late last year, Florida politicos say a conservative awakening in the area has positioned Republicans to pick off a vulnerable blue congressional seat. The large county north of Miami is composed of three congressional districts, two led by Democrats and one held by a Republican. Internal polling for a GOP candidate in Florida’s 21st Congressional District, home to Mr. Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club residence and Democratic Rep. Lois Frankel, suggests it could turn red come November.

“The majority of Democrats, independents and Republicans do not like the way the Democratic Party is misbehaving — how they are treating police officers, how Lois Frankel is thanking the looters and the rioters and calling them peaceful protesters,” said Karen Giorno, chief strategist for Laura Loomer’s campaign to unseat the four-term incumbent. Ms. Loomer, 27, is a conservative activist who gained national renown working for Project Veritas and appearing in its undercover videos to reveal left-wing election and polling shenanigans.Her notoriety, however, led to her being banned from social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Still, Ms. Loomer’s name recognition helped boost her numbers in the district, according to the campaign’s data. :lol:

She is running in a crowded field for the Aug. 18 primary. The other Republican candidates include college professor Christian Acosta, exotic animal ownership advocate Liz Felton, real estate agent and former police officer Aaron Scanlan, philanthropist and small-business owner Reba Sherrill, and retired IRS agent Michael Vilardi. A recent internal campaign poll of likely GOP, Democratic and independent voters in the district showed Ms. Loomer leading Ms. Frankel by 9 points in a general election matchup. :lol: “The national political environment and the mood is different from 2018,” Ms. Giorno said. “The current political landscape is open right now to receive a Jewish, conservative, female candidate with Donald Trump at the top of the ticket.”

The desire for law and order and the reopening of businesses after the COVID-19 shutdown in southeast Florida is driving some residents to sour on the Democratic Party, while others have turned away over the battle for free speech. “Overall in the whole United States, there is an increase in people moving toward the Republican Party and particularly in West Palm Beach,” said Martin Bermudez, a Florida representative for LEXIT, a group of Latino voters who have left the Democratic Party. :lol: He said people are frustrated by being attacked and “demonized” over a difference in opinion, citing the move by social media companies to silence conservatives, as many Republicans have charged about companies such as Twitter.

Mr. Bermudez, who lives in Miami, told The Washington Times that a new energy is rising in southeast Florida for Mr. Trump and his party. “There is a lot more support for Trump than there was in 2016. There are a lot more people who have come out because they are just sick of what the Democrats are doing,” he said. :lol: Michelle Lubin Terris, likewise, said voters could surprise in the Palm Beach area, as many residents are frustrated with their Democratic leaders and what she says is corruption at polling sites. :lol: She lives in Broward County, south of Palm Beach [she doesn't even live in the district! :lol:] , and is the founder of JEXIT — “Jews Exit the Democrat Party” — a group of Jewish voters who have left the Democratic Party to support Mr. Trump’s administration, mostly because of his foreign policy and loyalty to Israel.

Steven Schale was skeptical. He said there is no evidence Mr. Trump has improved his standing in Palm Beach County ahead of the November election. Mr. Schale worked as a Democratic strategist in the Sunshine State for more than two decades and served as the Florida state director for President Obama’s 2008 campaign. He noted that two Florida polls published in March showed Mr. Trump trailing presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joseph R. Biden, suggesting the president hasn’t improved his standing in the traditionally blue area of Palm Beach County. “Donald Trump got 39% of the vote in CD-21,” Mr. Schale said, referring to 2016 numbers and the comparison to Ms. Loomer’s campaign to unseat Ms. Frankel. “Even in a good year, it would be hard for a Republican to compete there. Do I think a fringe conspiracy theorist can win there? Let’s just say I have a better chance of winning The Masters.”
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ional-dis/
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

You do not need to live in a particular district to represent it.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Did she win the Republican primary? Or has it not been held yet?
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Primary is August 18. Lots of competitors.
Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Post by Foggy »

People think it's easy being an artificial human. Well, it's NOT EASY! :fingerwag:
I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
bob

Post by bob »

Loomer (and Klayman) reportedly are seeking en banc review in the D.C. Cir. for their fail against the Tech. :yawn:
bob

Post by bob »

Loomer (and Klayman) reportedly are seeking en banc review in the D.C. Cir. for their fail against the Tech.
"For completeness": FW: LOOMER/KLAYMAN CHALLENGE GOOGLE RULING!:
Review Requested Before Full DC Circuit Over Social Media's Political Discrimination

Larry Klayman, the founder of both Judicial Watch and now Freedom Watch and a former federal prosecutor of the U.S. Department of Justice's Antitrust Division, where he was a member of the trial team that broke up the AT&T monopoly, filed on behalf of Freedom Watch and his client Laura Loomer, a petition for rehearing before all the judges of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit in a case styled Freedom Watch, Inc. and Laura Loomer v. Google et. al (Case No. 19-7030).

Klayman wrote:The three judge panel who originally heard the case issued a very short opinion affirming the lower court's dismissal by a Trump appointed judge, Trevor McFadden, who improperly deep sixed the case because he took it upon himself, rather than allowing it to go to discovery and then a jury trial, to decide it was not plausible. However, contrary to Judge McFadden's improper dismissal, the Antitrust Division, my alma mater, does find it plausible and is about to file a similar suit against Google.

In this age of coronavirus and radical leftist attacks, looting and killing in physical places, the only interpretation of DC law is also that such discrimination is prohibited on the internet, which is exactly what Google/YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Apple have been doing, to further their leftist desire to harm anyone whLo supports President Trump and Republican candidates, as well as publishes conservative, libertarian and faith based content in general.

My client Laura Loomer will take this case all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary.
Loomer wrote:My legal battle against the Silicon Valley Big Tech Tyrants is America’s battle. For far too long, these companies have been silencing peaceful political speech in an effort to support the political agenda of Left. The massive censorship and cancel culture campaign these companies are currently participating in through an anti-competitive and discriminatory collaboration is primarily being used as tool to target and silence conservatives and supporters of President Trump in an effort to help the Democrats win the 2020 election.
:yawn:

Loomer/Klayman's PREB. It is low energy and poorly written, even for Klayman.
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

I love how he always recites how he helped break up AT&T back in the day. First, he was a lowly flunky IIRC, basically doing research. IIRC, he never appeared in court and I doubt he had any substantive input as to written filings, especially based on the skill level he has demonstrated since leaving the DOJ. Second, how many Americans today even remember that AT&T once "owned" the entire telecommunications industry. This was before cell phones, before the internet, hell they had just basically come out with touch tone phones.
bring out the tumbrils. I am so fucking filled with pain and anger at what is going on in this country. I do deeply believe that if trump somehow retains power it will be the end of democracy in this country and the end of this country as we know it.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

woodworker wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:12 pm I love how he always recites how he helped break up AT&T back in the day. First, he was a lowly flunky IIRC, basically doing research. IIRC, he never appeared in court and I doubt he had any substantive input as to written filings, especially based on the skill level he has demonstrated since leaving the DOJ. Second, how many Americans today even remember that AT&T once "owned" the entire telecommunications industry. This was before cell phones, before the internet, hell they had just basically come out with touch tone phones.
Just a little tidbit of info. The current incarnation of AT&T is not the same company that was broken up.

One of the seven "baby Bells", Southern Bell, gobbled up most of its siblings and then acquired the old AT&T. SBC was the surviving corporation. They then renamed themselves to AT&T.

The current AT&T is much bigger than the old one was. That is somewhat ironic, in that the government went to so much trouble and expense to break them up.

To be fair, the current AT&T does not have the stranglehold on the telecommunications industry that the old one did. That is only because, with the advent of cell phones, tablets and the internet, the industry is much larger than it was back then.
bob

Post by bob »

woodworker wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:12 pm I love how he always recites how he helped break up AT&T back in the day. First, he was a lowly flunky IIRC, basically doing research. IIRC, he never appeared in court and I doubt he had any substantive input as to written filings, especially based on the skill level he has demonstrated since leaving the DOJ.
The Klayman usual of overpromising and underdelivering.

The antitrust suit was filed in 1974. Klayman graduated from law school in 1977. The consent decree was signed in 1982 (and went into effect in 1984). So at most a few years as a baby lawyer who joined the team years after the lawsuit's inception. But Klayman can make all the claims he wants because they're unverifiable.

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”