Laura Loomer

Notorial Dissent

Re: Laura Loomer

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:11 pm

She thought Kapt Karl was a good idea, that says t all.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:32 am

From the Rochester, MN Post Bulletin
Laura Loomer, a conspiracy theorist who has been booted from Facebook and Twitter largely due to her anti-Muslim rhetoric, is planning to speak at Zumbro Community Church Thursday.

Loomer is not the only anti-Muslim figure to visit Minnesota in recent times. Well-funded, far-right groups have over the years viewed Minnesota as a battleground state "in terms of fighting for America," because of perceptions that have arisen surrounding Somali refugees and immigrants.
:snippity:
In a brief interview, the Rev. David Mohler, the pastor of Zumbro Community Church, said he did not know who Laura Loomer is and had not googled her name.

Mohler told another media outlet that the church was renting the space to a third party. He did not give the person's name, but he did give the person's phone number.

The woman who answered the phone declined to give her name but described herself as a Zumbro Falls resident who had arranged Loomer's speaking event at the church

"It is an event that is a communication. People have a right to be informed," she said.

The media is reportedly not allowed to attend. That was a condition sought by Loomer, the Zumbro Falls woman said.
:snippity:
"This is all pretty calculated," [Todd] Green [Associate Professor of Religion, Luther College] said. "You get people riled up. You get them mobilized. You get them angry. You get them afraid. And then they vote accordingly. Of course, sometimes they do other things as well, which is why this is so dangerous."
I've heard this bull before.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:39 am

Revoke their tax-exempt status.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:08 am

The pastor rents to a third-party without ensuring they the activity is in keeping with the values of the church? I don't think so. Especially since it appears to be a small congregation.

In addition, if they renting without country, they could end up renting to a for profit group which would run into issues on taxes, especially if they are paying any mortgage, IIRC.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:16 am

I think my local Satanic Temple wants to rent a hall in the area, what's their number?
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:46 am

I gave up on being Loomer'd. She emails me every day. It's always her bitching and moaning about being oppressed. All the evil people want to destory--ed hale. And, send money. :violin:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:08 pm

She must be really ticked that she couldn't even get invited to the WH looney conference with her fellow loonies. Really sucks to be her and not getting any attention, and lovely grift.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:57 pm

Anti-Muslim Activist Laura Loomer to Run for Congress
https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-muslim- ... 48864.html

Just out of idle curiosity, I know that there is a law that requires radio stations to run ads for Congressional Candidates, no matter how disgusting or revolting their content, because there is a nut who runs for congress in Cincinnati every few years and the radio stations all play a disclaimer before his ads saying, in effect, "We're sorry, we know this is not something we should play on the radio, but the law says we have to, so here it goes" and then runs the ad. I suspect the law in question has something to do with broadcast license rules, but I just know from experience that they have to run it, bad words and stuff that would get you kicked out of the Navy notwithstanding.

That said, is there any way Loomer can twist this into "no one can has banz on me no morz" since she's running for Congress?
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:07 am

Just wait until her FEC filings get scrutinized by the MSM. IFF she ever manages to mange a campaign and not miss the required paperwork :think:

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:37 pm

When I was a boy :geezertowel: there were limited employment opportunities for people whose only qualifications were being loud, stupid, and obnoxious. Although I suppose running for public office was one of them.
Every locked door has a key. - Emika Chen

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:12 pm

Foggy wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:37 pm
When I was a boy :geezertowel: there were limited employment opportunities for people whose only qualifications were being loud, stupid, and obnoxious. Although I suppose running for public office was one of them.
Hey, that's why I became a lawyer! (Although back then I didn't realize, like I do now, that you can make up all the law and a large fraction of dopes will believe it, follow you and send money.)

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:19 pm

Foggy wrote:
Off Topic
That was back when you and Teddy Roosevelt were pals. Life has changed since then.

tek

Post by tek » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:29 pm

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:19 pm
Foggy wrote:
Off Topic
That was back when you and Teddy Roosevelt were pals. Life has changed since then.
Off Topic
Aristotle
:blink:
There's no way back
from there to here

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:30 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:12 pm
Foggy wrote:
Hey, that's why I became a lawyer! (Although back then I didn't realize, like I do now, that you can make up all the law and a large fraction of dopes will believe it, follow you and send money.)
Didn't your friend Justinian make up a bunch of laws and people sent him money?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:48 pm

Vespasian wrote:Pecunia non olet.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:55 pm

Somewhat surprisingly, I haven't been Loomered with a money beg for her campaign in her almost daily email newsletter. In fact, unless I missed it, she hasn't even mentioned her candidacy to her mail list yet? :think:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:48 am

She just posted on Parler... idiot Paul Gosar endorsed her and she replies she'll join the Freedumb Caucus! Perfect.

Talk about a grift... FL-21 is Lois Frankel's district, she doesn't have a chance in hell there. If she was even a tiny bit serious she would have picked a north Florida seat where there was a sliver of a chance. Why Karen Giorno is involved is a mystery, it'll be fun to watch the stink on all these people.

Marc Caputo @MarcACaputo

Laura Loomer files to run against Rep. Lois Frankel. Running Loomer’s campaign: Trump’s 2016 Florida state director, Karen Giorno

FL-21 is a blue district, based in Palm Beach County, home to Trump’s winter getaway club, Mar-a-Lago

Loomer Gosar Freedom.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Avatar Photo: Dedicated to Slim by the International Brotherhood of Weasels.
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:08 am

Come into Madame Suranis's soothsayer tent. Rest a while. Do you have some Silver? No I dont take cutlery. Uh no, this is Trump brand, see how the Silver flakes off? Ok, fine, I'll take Shitcoin. Ok sit down while I gaze into the Void of Mystery. Oh hang on one moment *shouts to assistant in another room* I told you not to leave the Goldfishbowl there, wheres the bloody Crystal Ball? OK, ok...

Yes. Now I see.. yes... I see a looming Loomer talking about how the Democrat thugs are intinidating her... how there are none of the posters you paid for up because the Democrats have torn them down... I see an empty room where there should be posters... Now she is not even applying to be in a debate and claiming the dems are blocking her... I see her with her hand out and the void fills with the word grift... Grift... GRIFT!!

*collapses*
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:52 am

Suranis wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:08 am
Come into Madame Suranis's soothsayer tent. Rest a while. Do you have some Silver? No I dont take cutlery. Uh no, this is Trump brand, see how the Silver flakes off? Ok, fine, I'll take Shitcoin. Ok sit down while I gaze into the Void of Mystery. Oh hang on one moment *shouts to assistant in another room* I told you not to leave the Goldfishbowl there, wheres the bloody Crystal Ball? OK, ok...

Yes. Now I see.. yes... I see a looming Loomer talking about how the Democrat thugs are intinidating her... how there are none of the posters you paid for up because the Democrats have torn them down... I see an empty room where there should be posters... Now she is not even applying to be in a debate and claiming the dems are blocking her... I see her with her hand out and the void fills with the word grift... Grift... GRIFT!!

*collapses*
Sure you didn't have misty eyes while glaring at the fish bowl? Sure it was a goldfish and not a miniature edition of a shark on lookout to grift some voters? That empty room must have been her townhall, no poster but neither voters ;)
:thumbs:

bob

Post by bob » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:07 pm

In the S.D. Fla., Klayman amended Loomer's complaint. And, surprisingly, he didn't oppose Facebook's request for more to respond.

Facebook's responsive briefing (i.e., motion to dismiss) is due September 16.

In non-Klayman news, Loomer amended her complaint against Twitter and CAIR. (She filed suit a few months ago in Florida state court.)
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:24 pm

bob wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:07 pm
In the S.D. Fla., Klayman amended Loomer's complaint. And, surprisingly, he didn't oppose Facebook's request for more to respond.

Facebook's responsive briefing (i.e., motion to dismiss) is due September 16.

In non-Klayman news, Loomer amended her complaint against Twitter and CAIR. (She filed suit a few months ago in Florida state court.)
In watching his dockets, I have noticed he has not been objecting to defense requests for extensions like he used to. Maybe he realized that objecting to the defense request when he had 6 requests of his own might to be wise. His is constant with the needs for extensions.

I have also noticed that Klayman almost always files an amended complaint. Is this normal practice or is it his way to delay the proceedings and give more work to the defense attorneys?

bob

Post by bob » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:43 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:24 pm
In watching his dockets, I have noticed he has not been objecting to defense requests for extensions like he used to. Maybe he realized that objecting to the defense request when he had 6 requests of his own might to be wise.
I think he simply can't keep all the balls in the air; the oppositions' delays give him more time for whatever's currently most pressing.

I mean, Klayman's essentially a solo practitioner suing the federal government (multiple times), several media companies, several tech companies, and several prominent individuals; he's also defending multiple bar complaints; there's also his never-ending vendettas against his ex- and Judicial Watch. (And he still has time to crank out his column and radio show, and make appearance on RWNJ media. And his citizen "grand juries.")
I have also noticed that Klayman almost always files an amended complaint. Is this normal practice or is it his way to delay the proceedings and give more work to the defense attorneys?
Somewhere in the middle? It is sloppy, but it also gives Klayman more opportunities to tout his "accomplishments." And amending after the defense has filed a motion to dismiss allows you to plead around the arguments made in the motion to dismiss.

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:17 pm

bob wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:43 pm
Northland10 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:24 pm
In watching his dockets, I have noticed he has not been objecting to defense requests for extensions like he used to. Maybe he realized that objecting to the defense request when he had 6 requests of his own might to be wise.
I think he simply can't keep all the balls in the air; the oppositions' delays give him more time for whatever's currently most pressing.

I mean, Klayman's essentially a solo practitioner suing the federal government (multiple times), several media companies, several tech companies, and several prominent individuals; he's also defending multiple bar complaints; there's also his never-ending vendettas against his ex- and Judicial Watch. (And he still has time to crank out his column and radio show, and make appearance on RWNJ media. And his citizen "grand juries.")
Somewhere in the middle? It is sloppy, but it also gives Klayman more opportunities to tout his "accomplishments." And amending after the defense has filed a motion to dismiss allows you to plead around the arguments made in the motion to dismiss.
Except for the fact that he really doesn't litigate most of his suits -- he files, he amends, he moves to recuse, reconsider and for sanctions, but then most of his cases die. He files to grift.
Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:37 pm

Press release - (cross posting in Larry Klayman's thread)

Rashida Tlaib Sued for Alleged Assault and Battery of Laura Loomer
Today, Freedom Watch and its general counsel Larry Klayman, a former federal prosecutor, announced the filing of a complaint for alleged assault and battery and other discriminatory religious based claims against Michigan Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib. The complaint, filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota (Case No. 19-CV-2322) can be viewed at www.freedomwatchusa.org.

The complaint alleges Tlaib, a vehement anti-Semite and vowed opponent of Israel's right to exist, assaulted and battered conservative female Jewish journalist Laura Loomer during a campaign event in Minneapolis, Minnesota, for Tlaib's fellow anti-Semitic ally Ilhan Omar, when the two were running for US Congress in 2018.

Ms. Loomer, who is now running for US Congress in Florida's 21st Congressional District, did not bring this complaint for political purposes, but to hold Tlaib accountable for her unhinged hatred of Jews and Israel, manifest in Tlaib's physical attack on Loomer caught on camera. During the campaign event which Tlaib attended in support of Omar's candidacy in 2018, Loomer asked simple and straightforward questions of the future Congresswoman about her stances toward Israel, Jews and terrorist groups such as Hamas. In response, and in the presence of Omar, who looked on approvingly, Tlaib violently lunged at Loomer, interacted with her physically and grabbed her phone, which Loomer was using to film the event which took place at a Palestinian restaurant. This put Loomer in alleged fear of immediate severe bodily injury. Later, Loomer filed a criminal complaint against Tlaib with the Minneapolis Police Department, which to this day has languished in its files — likely because the police do not want to be smeared as "Islamophobic" by Tlaib and Omar, especially given that Minnesota's powerful Attorney General, Keith Ellison, who is a Muslim political ally of Tlaib and Omar, is also an anti-Semite and close to Louis Farrakhan, leader of the Nation of Islam.

As a result, due to the inaction of the Minneapolis Police Department, Loomer felt duty bound to bring her complaint against Tlaib, so that this hate-filled anti-Semitic Congresswoman can be held to account to the rule of American law, rather than the Sharia law she and her sister radical Muslim Congresswoman Omar pledge their primary allegiance to.

"The nation needs to thank my client Laura Loomer for having the courage to take legal action against someone who has bragged that the Holocaust gives her a 'calming feeling.' Few in this country will stand up to the forces of evil and Ms. Loomer is a stellar and shining example of what former President John F. Kennedy, Jr., wrote about in his famous book 'Profiles in Courage,'" said Klayman.
(Copied the whole article since it's only 5 paragraphs.)

Link to complaint
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

bob

Post by bob » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:25 pm

Seeks $500k in damages, $2M in punitives.

There's something I've seen before: Technically Loomer is suing pro se, with Klayman "of counsel" (and PHV application "pending," natch.) It'll be interesting how this issue plays out.

Assault and battery is relatively easy to plead; it'll survive a motion to dismiss. The other two claims won't.

But I suspect that, once it is just an A & B case, it will lose its federal question jurisdiction, and diversity jurisdiction won't fly either. And then it'll be in state court (if the defendant wants that).

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”