Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:23 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:53 pm
Flatpointhigh wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:07 am
listeme wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:15 pm

Oh bravo then.
One has to wonder if the mass shootings where a "girlfriend" is among the dead is linked to this "entitled" fantasy of these creatures. These are all mass shooters/domestic abusers who just haven't taken it to RL. Yet.
Isn't the whole point of it that they don't have girlfriends?
And they make good and sure they NEVER EVER will, thankfully, hopefully .
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

ArthurWankspittle

Re: Incel Rebellion: Violent Misogyny - We've seen it all before

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:26 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Flatpointhigh wrote:
listeme wrote:

Oh bravo then.
One has to wonder if the mass shootings where a "girlfriend" is among the dead is linked to this "entitled" fantasy of these creatures. These are all mass shooters/domestic abusers who just haven't taken it to RL. Yet.
Doesn't stop them thinking they have or ought to have - see John Hinckley.
Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:18 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Flatpointhigh wrote:
listeme wrote:

Oh bravo then.
the point is that they were rejected by the object of their desires. It's that rejection that leads them to commit mass murder while making sure that the "slut" who rejected them doesn't get to be a "slut" anymore.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:25 pm

There have been males who feel rejected for as long as we have been around. I suspect the Internet has enabled these men to feed each other's resentments and self-pity. Another harm caused by the ability to communicate instantly anywhere. I do not know how the balance of goods and harms works out.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:39 pm

Flatpointhigh wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:18 pm
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Flatpointhigh wrote:
the point is that they were rejected by the object of their desires. It's that rejection that leads them to commit mass murder while making sure that the "slut" who rejected them doesn't get to be a "slut" anymore.
I think you're reaching a bit and reading something into it that isn't necessarily there. Men kill women all the time for being rejected. "If I can't have you, nobody can" is a far cry from incels.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:05 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:39 pm
Flatpointhigh wrote:
Sugar Magnolia wrote:

I think you're reaching a bit and reading something into it that isn't necessarily there. Men kill women all the time for being rejected. "If I can't have you, nobody can" is a far cry from incels.
Not at all. That was the very foundation of Elliot Rodgers attempted murder spree.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:05 am

Flatpointhigh wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:05 pm
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:39 pm
Flatpointhigh wrote:

Not at all. That was the very foundation of Elliot Rodgers attempted murder spree.
I think the difference is that Rodger was andry ar all women. The typical ”If I can't have you, nobody can" killer’s target is typically a single particular woman. Rodger’s anger was at all women, particularly the pretty blonde popular ones. He didn’t even know his female victims.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:14 pm

BuzzFeed News
Tallahassee Yoga Shooter Was A Far-Right Misogynist Who Railed Against Women And Minorities Online

Scott Beierle shot two women at a Florida yoga studio on Friday night. He posted a series of videos and songs online and appeared to identify as an “involuntarily celibate." This is the second deadly attack by an “involuntarily celibate” in 2018.

The man who shot dead two women at a yoga studio in Tallahassee, Florida, on Friday before killing himself was a far-right extremist and self-proclaimed misogynist who railed against women, black people, and immigrants in a series of online videos and songs. ...

On a YouTube channel in 2014, Beierle filmed several videos of himself offering extremely racist and misogynistic opinions in which he called women “sluts” and “whores,” and lamented “the collective treachery” of girls he went to high school with.

“There are whores in — not only every city, not only every town, but every village,” he said, referring to women in interracial relationships, who he said had betrayed “their blood.” ...

In one video called “Plight of the Adolescent Male,” he named Elliot Rodger, who killed six people and injured 14 and is often seen as a hero for so-called “incels,” or those who consider themselves “involuntarily celibate.”

“I’d like to send a message now to the adolescent males... that are in the position, the situation, the disposition of Elliot Rodger, of not getting any, no love, no nothing. This endless wasteland that breeds this longing and this frustration. That was me, certainly, as an adolescent,” he said.

This is the second deadly attack this year in which Rodger has been mentioned by the suspected assailant. A man who wrote anti-women references on his Facebook account allegedly killed 10 people in Toronto in April when he drove his van into a crowd. “The Incel Rebellion has already begun!” Alek Minassian wrote on Facebook prior to the attack in a post that also mentioned “the Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger!”

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:54 pm

And then he killed himself, which is, IMHO, not likely to lead to him getting laid in the near future. He should have read my sex robot thread. Moron.
Every locked door has a key. - Emika Chen

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Laid to rest, though. So that's something.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:39 pm

p0rtia wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:30 pm
Laid to rest, though. So that's something.
This is no laughing matter, so why am I laughing? It's p0rtia's fault, is what it is.
Stern: Come back. My posts are becoming sloppy and ill-thought out.

Tarrant

Post by Tarrant » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:54 pm

I have a friend down in DC who is an incel, and gay. We dated for a short while about 13 years ago (man, I feel old) until I caught on that the combination of his somewhat sexual self-loathing and his fanaticism for Ayn Rand (which is not all that uncommon among the incel types) meant he was pretty much unsuitable as dating material.

So he dislikes women, and applies the standard incel loathing to most men. We’re still sort of friends, but it’s sad, because he’s a pretty attractive guy (particularly for his age) and he really wants a relationship, but isn’t willing to change anything about himself to get one. And he’s completely immersed in the toxic culture it presents.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:04 pm

Addie wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:14 pm
BuzzFeed News
Tallahassee Yoga Shooter Was A Far-Right Misogynist Who Railed Against Women And Minorities Online
Let me just express dull surprise.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:04 pm

And they call us snowflakes.

Wallowing in self-pity is cowardly and using it as permission for mayhem is pathetic.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:39 pm

Addie wrote:
Sadly, this does not surprise me and was kinda what I was expecting. Yoga and yoga studios are a common recurring image in that community.

stoppingby

Post by stoppingby » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:47 pm

neeneko wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:39 pm
Addie wrote:
Sadly, this does not surprise me and was kinda what I was expecting. Yoga and yoga studios are a common recurring image in that community.
Really? What in the world do they have against yoga?

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:48 pm

stoppingby wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:47 pm
neeneko wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:39 pm
Addie wrote:
Really? What in the world do they have against yoga?
Dominated by women.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:50 pm

It's the yoga pants. Seriously. Incels rant about yoga pants.

stoppingby

Post by stoppingby » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:04 pm

Thanks for answering pipistrelle and nmgirl. I tried googling, but ended up on a couple of websites that....deeply disturbed me.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:23 pm

stoppingby wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:04 pm
Thanks for answering pipistrelle and nmgirl. I tried googling, but ended up on a couple of websites that....deeply disturbed me.
I saw that mention of the incel yoga pants obsession on the Buzzfeed site and unwisely clicked on a couple of links. Do not do any research on incels and yoga pants. :puker:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:02 am

NMgirl wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:23 pm
stoppingby wrote:
I saw that mention of the incel yoga pants obsession on the Buzzfeed site and unwisely clicked on a couple of links. Do not do any research on incels and yoga pants. :puker:
All right, but I would like a hint about what's disturbing.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:54 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:02 am
NMgirl wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:23 pm
stoppingby wrote:
All right, but I would like a hint about what's disturbing.
Graphic descriptions of female body parts revealed by yoga pants, but described in language that curdled this :geezerette: 's tummy. And I am by no means a prude. For a less harrowing experience, I can recommend this article:

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/28/17290256/ ... tacy-becky. These dudes are weird and sinister.
If certain discussions on these forums are any indication, there are only two types of women in the world of incel, both of whom are white, thin, and attractive. But while incels seem to believe that the untouchable (and seemingly nonexistent) Stacy will never sleep with them, they feel as though they are owed attention and sex from Becky.

They’re also preoccupied with the idea of a sexual economy: According to the Red Pill subreddit (a term that comes from The Matrix but among men’s rights activists refers to the realization that society is actually sexist against men), some believe that 20 percent of men are having 80 percent of all sex, which means “for every ten girls who are getting laid this week, eight of them are fucking just two guys.”

They also say that the bottom 80 percent of men are “left to fight for the bottom 20% of females. This works out for about 70% of the males, leaving just 10% of the males to struggle for the bottom 10% of females, who only want access to the top 20% of males.”

In other words, incels see themselves as that bottom 10 percent, and view their celibate status as a mathematical problem that’s rigged against them. It’s clear that this fixation also translates into an obsession over not just the sexual privilege that more attractive people have, but the financial one — it’s precisely because of her looks that Stacy can afford to carry a $2,000 Gucci bag, while Becky’s stuck with her $5 backpack because her selfies aren’t as hot. It’s no surprise, then, that some incels have called for a version of “sexual Marxism,” or a system in which every person is somehow matched with a partner of a similar level of wealth and attractiveness.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:49 am

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Mr Pfister

Post by Mr Pfister » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:15 am

So then it's safe to say these idiots haven't figured out that the real reason(s) they aren't getting laid is (are):

1) they are fucking dicks
2) they likely suck in bed

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:12 am

:thumbs:
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”