"Q" #QAnon "The Storm” "Any Day Now" 8Chan - Conspiracy Theories For Dummies

Photoguy

Re: "Q" #QAnon "The Storm” "Any Day Now" 8Chan - Conspiracy Theories For Dummies

Post by Photoguy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:49 am

Reminds me a little of some research that Microsoft did a few years ago regarding Nigerian scam email solicitations. One of the questions they attempted to answer was why were the solicitations so over the top crazy and obvious scams to most people? They concluded that the scammers hoped to eliminate all but the most gullible to both maximize their returns and minimize their efforts. Essentially confirming that PT Barnum was right.

It's been a long time since I've read the study but that was my take away. Here's a link to the study-

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/researc ... igeria.pdf

Northland10

Re: "Q" #QAnon "The Storm” "Any Day Now" 8Chan - Conspiracy Theories For Dummies

Post by Northland10 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:55 pm

Photoguy wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:49 am
Reminds me a little of some research that Microsoft did a few years ago regarding Nigerian scam email solicitations. One of the questions they attempted to answer was why were the solicitations so over the top crazy and obvious scams to most people? They concluded that the scammers hoped to eliminate all but the most gullible to both maximize their returns and minimize their efforts. Essentially confirming that PT Barnum was right.

It's been a long time since I've read the study but that was my take away. Here's a link to the study-

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/researc ... igeria.pdf
This might help explain why local home improvement scams often involve yelling at the potential mark. Besides the fact that it can work on their primary target, the elderly, those that do push back or just hang up are weeded out as they may be the ones who sniff out that scam at some point.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:57 am
Sam the Centipede wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:21 am
Gregg wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:57 pm
I'm sorry, but the guy writing this stuff is just fucking with them now. This is too funny to be stupid by accident.
:o have you been paying attention, Gregg? :o

The :rolleye: Stupid Pride :rolleye: movement :torches: (representing the MLFT+ communities – morons, liars, fools and turds) is the leading political force of our times. Nothing is "too stupid" now. Nothing.
I knew mental illness is a serious condition. I had no idea it was so prevalent.
Years ago, working for a small business located near the corporate headquarters of a Major Multinational Manufacturing company, I concluded there's such as thing as being functional yet nuts. A large proportion of our walk-in retail customers were employees of the corporation, all of them in white-collar jobs and some of them pretty high up. And we came to learn that some of them were effing nuts. After they got to know you, they'd share their photocopied rants about the jewish conspiracy with commercially produced foods with the kosher symbol, or how Proctor & Gamble was donating part of their profits to the Church of Satan, or how refugees didn't have to pay any taxes. And so on.

These were people who had, and somehow were able to keep, responsible jobs in a major corporate headquarters, yet at the same time were utterly convinced of the reality of their specific delusion. The conclusion I drew was that people can be nuts, but as long as it's fixated on a particular topic and doesn't bleed over into the rest of their life, they can function and present as normal, stable people. And you won't realize they're nuts until they know you well enough to share their TRUTH with you. (At which point you back away slowly.)
I've heard this bull before.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:59 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:48 pm
:snippity: The conclusion I drew was that people can be nuts, but as long as it's fixated on a particular topic and doesn't bleed over into the rest of their life, they can function and present as normal, stable people. And you won't realize they're nuts until they know you well enough to share their TRUTH with you. (At which point you back away slowly.)
So you are saying that dentists didn't get rid of hard toothbrushes so we'd have more cavities and they'd have more business and that they didn't start the whole fluoridation scare as a false flag to distract us from no longer being able to buy hard toothbrushes?

:sarcasm:
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:59 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Slim Cognito wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:57 am
Sam the Centipede wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:21 am

:o have you been paying attention, Gregg? :o

The :rolleye: Stupid Pride :rolleye: movement :torches: (representing the MLFT+ communities – morons, liars, fools and turds) is the leading political force of our times. Nothing is "too stupid" now. Nothing.
I knew mental illness is a serious condition. I had no idea it was so prevalent.
Years ago, working for a small business located near the corporate headquarters of a Major Multinational Manufacturing company, I concluded there's such as thing as being functional yet nuts. A large proportion of our walk-in retail customers were employees of the corporation, all of them in white-collar jobs and some of them pretty high up. And we came to learn that some of them were effing nuts. After they got to know you, they'd share their photocopied rants about the jewish conspiracy with commercially produced foods with the kosher symbol, or how Proctor & Gamble was donating part of their profits to the Church of Satan, or how refugees didn't have to pay any taxes. And so on.

These were people who had, and somehow were able to keep, responsible jobs in a major corporate headquarters, yet at the same time were utterly convinced of the reality of their specific delusion. The conclusion I drew was that people can be nuts, but as long as it's fixated on a particular topic and doesn't bleed over into the rest of their life, they can function and present as normal, stable people. And you won't realize they're nuts until they know you well enough to share their TRUTH with you. (At which point you back away slowly.)
I never back away slowly. I tell such folks, "What you just said is absolutely untrue. A fiction. A lie. It has no basis in reality whatsoever. And when your grandchildren discover that you believed this crap, they will shake their heads in pity and shame."
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:30 pm

Dan1100 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:59 pm
DejaMoo wrote:
:snippity: The conclusion I drew was that people can be nuts, but as long as it's fixated on a particular topic and doesn't bleed over into the rest of their life, they can function and present as normal, stable people. And you won't realize they're nuts until they know you well enough to share their TRUTH with you. (At which point you back away slowly.)
So you are saying that dentists didn't get rid of hard toothbrushes so we'd have more cavities and they'd have more business and that they didn't start the whole fluoridation scare as a false flag to distract us from no longer being able to buy hard toothbrushes?

No, no, you've totally missed the REAL dental conspiracy: wisdom teeth! It's just a money-grubbing racket! Most people can get by just fine without having them, or all of them, removed!

<gibber, gibber>
► Show Spoiler

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:48 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:30 pm
Dan1100 wrote:
DejaMoo wrote:

No, no, you've totally missed the REAL dental conspiracy: wisdom teeth! It's just a money-grubbing racket! Most people can get by just fine without having them, or all of them, removed!

<gibber, gibber>
► Show Spoiler
And dental implants are really just little computers hooked directly to our brains to control our minds. :crazy:

I think with relatively little effort in a couple of months we could have militias taking over dentist's offices.

-George Takei

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:56 pm

A conspiracy theory I've been trying to get off the ground for decades:

Subwoofers cause impotence and testicular cancer!!!!

If we can get enough young guys to believe that, we can have more peaceful neighborhoods and not suffer the incessant thump-thump of the bass.

Consider it a conspiracy theory in the public service. :)

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:34 pm

Dan1100 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:48 pm
DejaMoo wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:30 pm
Dan1100 wrote:

:snippity: :snippity:

And dental implants are really just little computers hooked directly to our brains to control our minds. :crazy:

:snippity:
I have six dental implants, no wonder I keep hearing all those voices in my head. :panic:

tek

Post by tek » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:23 pm

There was a Gilligan's Island episode based roughly on this theory ;)
There's no way back
from there to here

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:43 pm

tek wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:23 pm
There was a Gilligan's Island episode based roughly on this theory ;)
And Lucille Ball once appeared on a show (Johnny Carson?) talking about her fillings picking up radio transmissions.
Goodwill has opened their Halloween Dept which makes it officially Halloween Season! :dance: ImageImageImage x4

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:07 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:56 pm
A conspiracy theory I've been trying to get off the ground for decades:

Subwoofers cause impotence and testicular cancer!!!!

If we can get enough young guys to believe that, we can have more peaceful neighborhoods and not suffer the incessant thump-thump of the bass.

Consider it a conspiracy theory in the public service. :)

:lol: :like:
Avatar Photo: Dedicated to Slim by the International Brotherhood of Weasels.
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:09 am

People who are mentally ill don't ask for it any more than people with cancer ask to be stricken. I guarantee you know or have come in contact with more mentally ill persons than you will ever realize. They have a mental illness, they are not "nuts" or "idiots" or "weirdos". One of them is a family member of mine. She is intelligent and has an unbelievable sense of humor. She also has a debilitating mental illness. She was also a manager at a retail store for many years before she retired. Her employees loved working for her and still send her Christmas cards and letters, years after she retired. The legal definition of a person who qualifies as not guilty by reason of insanity is ridiculous. They cover their tracks BECAUSE they are mentally ill and paranoid. Just because a person is mentally ill and experiences severe paranoia and delusion does NOT mean they don't have completely lucid moments. Paranoia is a big part of many forms of mental illness. It makes the sufferer's life a living hell. It also is what stops them from sharing their innermost thoughts and feelings with those around them, hence, those around them fairly often have no idea they are talking to a person who SUFFERS from a mental ILLNESS.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:14 pm

Will Sommer
‏Verified account @willsommer
Jun 26

QAnon believers believe a new Adam Sandler-Jennifer Aniston romantic comedy is filled with QAnon clues https://elink.thedailybeast.com/view/5c ... y/797e163e
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1 ... 8790393857

-George Takei

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:17 pm

Q is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's happening !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be ready?????????????

-George Takei

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:44 pm

Dan1100 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:14 pm
Will Sommer
Jun 26

QAnon believers believe a new Adam Sandler-Jennifer Aniston romantic comedy is filled with QAnon clues https://elink.thedailybeast.com/view/5c ... y/797e163e

Have they figured out the James Bond clues yet?

A major character in the movie (like a minor character in all the Bond movies) has a name that begins with Q, he's a billionaire asshole who puts his monogram on everything he owns, maybe that's why they think of Emperor Cheeto.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:46 pm

Gregg wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:44 pm
Dan1100 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:14 pm
Will Sommer
Jun 26

Have they figured out the James Bond clues yet?

A major character in the movie (like a minor character in all the Bond movies) has a name that begins with Q, he's a billionaire asshole who puts his monogram on everything he owns, maybe that's why they think of Emperor Cheeto.
I don't know.

I'm still trying to get over the shock that Jennifer Anniston is co-starring in an Adam Sandler movie. :eek2:

-George Takei

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:51 pm

Its a good movie, worth the 2 hours, just for Jennifer Anniston. Not gonna win any Academy Awards, but most of the movies I like don't.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:18 pm

Dan1100 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:46 pm

I don't know.

I'm still trying to get over the shock that Jennifer Anniston is co-starring in an Adam Sandler movie. :eek2:
It's their second; they co-starred in Just Go With It in 2011.
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1564367/?ref_=m_nv_sr_1
Image Image Image Image Image

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:24 pm

This is an earlier post that I don't believe I posted here. Rachel had shared this one and another. I can't see the other at the moment cuz she has done whatever to hide all her posts again.. and I didn't note the link for that share.

:think: I guess I missed the blackout somehow.

Kevin Cochrane
June 13 at 1:39 PM ·
Social Media Blackout June 23-24th is the Rumor! Up and running July 3rd

his post has FIVE images
► Show Spoiler
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:24 pm

(AAF is the Abortion Access Front.)

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:59 pm

Dolly wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:24 pm
This is an earlier post that I don't believe I posted here. Rachel had shared this one and another. I can't see the other at the moment cuz she has done whatever to hide all her posts again.. and I didn't note the link for that share.

I blacked out on the blackout too. Also.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:30 pm

Whatever4 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:59 pm
Dolly wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:24 pm

I blacked out on the blackout too. Also.
I got close yesterday. There were limbs down from the storm.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:25 pm

JD Ryznar@JDRyznar

You guys keeping up with QAnon? JFK Jr. is gonna reveal himself as Q at Trump's 4th of July Party and usher in a new era. I am not shitting you.

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:29 pm

A big Q pusher may get to ask Trump if Q is real...

Am I being detained?

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”