Charles C. Johnson (the one with the 158 I.Q.)

Sterngard Friegen

Re: Charles C. Johnson (the one with the 158 I.Q.)

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:58 pm

Mikedunford wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:39 pm
:oops: I forgot about Pruneyard.

Interestingly, and perhaps relevantly, the Twitter ToS contains a governing law clause that specifies California law. That's potentially good news for Johnson (although I'm unconvinced that Pruneyard is sufficiently on-point).

On the bad news front for Johnson, the ToS also contains a forum clause. And it ain't Fresno.
Choice of forum clauses are somewhat problematic in California.

bob

Post by bob » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:51 am

NMgirl wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:57 pm
Is there some reason that Johnson can't simply move his lawsuit to San Francisco County?
No, but Twitter will probably "aid" him.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

bob

Post by bob » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:14 pm

The Hill: GOP rep invited alt-right activist to the State of the Union:
Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz invited an activist affiliated with the white supremacist "alt-right" movement to President Trump's State of the Union address on Tuesday, the Daily Beast reported Wednesday.

Gaetz said that he invited Chuck Johnson to the address when he "showed up at my office" on Tuesday, according to the Daily Beast report. The congressman, who has risen in prominence amid a Republican push to release a GOP House Intelligence Committee memo on alleged surveillance abuses, said he did not have a pre-existing relationship with Johnson, saying that he only had an extra ticket because his father came down with bronchitis.

Johnson gave a different explanation for his appearance at the congressional address, saying that while he received invitations from several members of Congress, he accepted Gaetz's invitation because "he's into stuff on the issues that I care about," including the cryptocurrency bitcoin and marijuana.

Johnson runs a crowdfunding site that has raised tens of thousands of dollars for legal fees related to the white supremacist website the Daily Stormer, as well as various other figures in the alt-right movement.

Johnson has also said that the actual number of Holocaust victims is far lower than the accepted total, and questioned whether gas chambers were used at Nazi concentration camps, though he maintains that he is not a Holocaust denier.

Inviting Johnson to the State of the Union isn't Gaetz's only recent brush with conspiracy theory culture. Earlier this week, Gaetz appeared on prominent pro-Trump conspiracy theorist Alex Jones's online show, Infowars. In his appearance, Gaetz complained about being described as a conspiracy theorist.
Moar at the Daily Beast:
Johnson offered a different explanation of how the evening came together. Initially, he said he and Gaetz were introduced by another member of Congress, whom he declined to name. . . .

Asked about Gaetz’s differing account, Johnson said, “I’ll go with whatever version Gaetz says because I’m not a gangster rapper.”

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:38 pm

Yes and his host was disgusting creep Matt Gaetz of the FL 1st Congressional District, he's Carl Gallups' congressman and a vile, repulsive character pushing every conspiracy theory and "the memo" which is going to blow up in him smirky face.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:58 pm

From The Hill -

Court strikes down far-right activist's lawsuit over Twitter ban
A court struck down far-right figure Charles C. Johnson’s lawsuit against Twitter on Wednesday.

Johnson sued Twitter earlier this year over his ban from the site in 2015, after he sent a tweet asking for help to “take out” high-profile Black Lives Matter activist DeRay Mckesson.

The California Superior Court in Fresno granted Twitter’s motion to dismiss the lawsuit, finding that it was a strategic lawsuit against public participation (SLAPP) action.

:snippity:

“Although it does invite the public to use its service, Defendant also limits this invitation by requiring users to agree to and abide by its User Rules, in an exercise of Defendant’s First Amendment right. The rules clearly state that users may not post threatening tweets, and also that Defendant may unilaterally, for any reason, terminate a user’s account. The rules reflect Defendant’s exercise of free speech,” the ruling stated.

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

bob

Post by bob » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:24 pm

And the hits keep on coming: LGF: Exclusive: Holocaust Denier Chuck C. Johnson Pays $25,000 to Settle Defamation Lawsuit:
Last February, a defamation lawsuit was filed against Holocaust denier Chuck C. Johnson, Gateway Pundit’s Jim Hoft (the fabled Stupidest Man on the Internet), far right weirdo Gavin McInnes, and a slew of other right wing bloggers and social media personalities, after they all parroted a report by Johnson that recklessly identified the wrong person as the perpetrator of the attack on counter protesters at the Charlottesville white supremacist rally last year.

Today we can report exclusively that Chuck C. Johnson (who is NOT ME) has agreed to a settlement that will require him to pay nearly $5,000 personally, and nearly $20,000 from his “GotNews” business (a website that’s now pretty much abandoned).

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”