Roger Stone

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Re: Roger Stone

Post by fierceredpanda » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:05 pm

That headline forumulation, though. :dance:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:16 pm

If one assumes that Bezos's account is accurate (I believe it to be) is what AMI and its lawyers are doing criminal?

I know that blackmail in novels is usually "give us your money or we'll publish your story / tell your wife/husband/employer" but it seems to me that this has the essential quid pro quo element.

Law-speakin' folk?? :confused: :blink:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:42 pm

They really really underestimated their intended "victim", and yes, I do think they thought he was like the rest of the DJT crowd who would fold at a minute pressure from them just like all the rest obviously did. They really really picked the WRONG "victim". Bezos undisputable has an ego that is without compare, he is also NOT a nice man, not nice in any way shape or form. They will find out just how NOT NICE. He does not take prisoners, he believes in scorched earth. They picked the wrong "victim".
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:40 pm

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:16 pm
If one assumes that Bezos's account is accurate (I believe it to be) is what AMI and its lawyers are doing criminal?

I know that blackmail in novels is usually "give us your money or we'll publish your story / tell your wife/husband/employer" but it seems to me that this has the essential quid pro quo element.

Law-speakin' folk?? :confused: :blink:
I'm no expert in this area, but there are federal extortion statutes, particularly when electronic communications are involved. Whether or not AMI or anyone at AMI could be subject to prosecution, if I were those people, I would be very concerned about the SDNY viewing this as a breach of their immunity agreement in l'affaire Cohen if they conveniently forgot to mention during the "disclose literally everything you've ever done to us" phase that they tried to blackmail the richest man on the planet who also owns the fucking Washington Post. Idiots.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:15 pm

The text of 18 USC Sec. 875 says,
(a) through (c) discuss ransom demands and threats of kidnapping and injury.

(d) Whoever, with intent to extort from any person, firm, association, or corporation, any money or other thing of value, transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication containing any threat to injure the property or reputation of the addressee or of another or the reputation of a deceased person or any threat to accuse the addressee or any other person of a crime, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:12 am

You know, this is the most effective Dick punch Trump has ever had, even if it is pretty indirect. The perfect way to hit him.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:28 am

Maybenaut wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:15 pm
The text of 18 USC Sec. 875 says,
(a) through (c) discuss ransom demands and threats of kidnapping and injury.

(d) Whoever, with intent to extort from any person, firm, association, or corporation, any money or other thing of value, transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication containing any threat to injure the property or reputation of the addressee or of another or the reputation of a deceased person or any threat to accuse the addressee or any other person of a crime, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.
Thanks FRpanda MayB. To me it seems this is a "threat to injure the ... reputation" but I can understand that a team of hyper-expensive defense attorneys would make it unwinnable for prosecutors. In rich white men cases, the government advantage doesn't apply!

Thanks for the replies — I see this matter has its osn thread so it's best abandoned here. And I see that thread includes some analysis of the possible criminality.

bob

Post by bob » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:23 am

CNN: How CNN captured video of the Roger Stone raid.

Executive summary: The assembly of various details. (Ya know, the "investigative" part of "journalism.") Said details discussed, for the curious.

But it won't convince anyone who has already decided that CNN was tipped off.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:39 pm

bob wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:23 am

Executive summary: The assembly of various details. (Ya know, the "investigative" part of "journalism.") Said details discussed, for the curious.

Apparently Whittaker and that guy from GA (Collins?) are both convinced CNN was tipped off and it is "very concerning" to them.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:53 pm

bob wrote:

We all knew something was up when the GJ met on the Thursday before.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:03 pm

GreatGrey wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:53 pm
bob wrote:

We all knew something was up when the GJ met on the Thursday before.
I'm guessing that won't happen again either.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:52 pm

Never thought I'd say this, but this idea of Roger's fabulous and I hope it comes true! Lovely idea Roger! Where can I contribute to see this happen? :P
Stone has responded to Mueller’s charges with fevered hyperbole. “Those who think the Mueller investigation will die out with a whimper are dreaming,” he told me on the phone in early February, after his arraignment in federal court in Washington, D.C. “This is a pretext to allow them to remove both Trump and Pence and replace them with Leather Face—I mean, Nancy Pelosi—and then she can appoint Hillary Clinton as V.P. That’s been the agenda from the beginning.” He has vowed to contest the charges at trial. “We’re going to fight them on every piece of evidence, fight them on every witness. We are going to concede nothing.”
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019 ... the-barrel
Avatar Photo: Dedicated to Slim by the International Brotherhood of Weasels.
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:52 pm
Never thought I'd say this, but this idea of Roger's fabulous and I hope it comes true! Lovely idea Roger! Where can I contribute to see this happen? :P
Stone has responded to Mueller’s charges with fevered hyperbole. “Those who think the Mueller investigation will die out with a whimper are dreaming,” he told me on the phone in early February, after his arraignment in federal court in Washington, D.C. “This is a pretext to allow them to remove both Trump and Pence and replace them with Leather Face—I mean, Nancy Pelosi—and then she can appoint Hillary Clinton as V.P. That’s been the agenda from the beginning.” He has vowed to contest the charges at trial. “We’re going to fight them on every piece of evidence, fight them on every witness. We are going to concede nothing.”
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019 ... the-barrel
I am surprised he did not take it one step further and claim the next part of the plan would be Pelosi stepping down so Clinton would be president.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:47 pm

I like this sentence;
If Stone and Corsi had not turned up in the Mueller probe, they might have been just a pair of waning satellites in the right-wing solar system.
Time for Corsi and Klayman to sue.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:50 pm

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:47 pm
I like this sentence;
If Stone and Corsi had not turned up in the Mueller probe, they might have been just a pair of waning satellites in the right-wing solar system.
Time for Corsi and Klayman to sue.
Don't stop there :) The whole paragraph is great:
If Stone and Corsi had not turned up in the Mueller probe, they might have been just a pair of waning satellites in the right-wing solar system. Stone once cut a glamorous figure, with his bodybuilder’s physique and his bespoke suits from London. But, at sixty-six, he is out of shape, he hasn’t played a major role in a campaign in ages, and he scratches out a living by giving speeches, doing a little corporate consulting, and writing for fringe publishers and Web sites. (The house on the canal is rented.) Corsi is seventy-two, and spent most of his life as a marginal academic and a nomadic businessman. In middle age, he began writing books whose conceits—“Swift-boating,” “birtherism”—became shorthand for journalistic irresponsibility. Corsi, who earned a doctorate from Harvard in 1972, stamps “Ph.D.” after his name on the cover of his books as an almost poignant plea for respectability.
And then there's this:
In addition, Credico has found his dealings with Mueller’s office daunting. “Those people are like Columbo and Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot combined, and you can’t fucking lie to them,” he said. “Why would you try? They have all the e-mails. They know what happened.”
I think the whole article is well worth reading.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Yes, the whole article is very good. :like:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:50 pm

Yes, the article is quite good. Would this come under the "damning with faint praise" clause. Both Stone and Corsi should be smarting from that one. I think it pretty well covers them not as they see themselves, but as the rest of the world sees them. Ouch.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:57 pm

“We’re going to fight them on every piece of evidence, fight them on every witness. We are going to concede nothing.”
Let's see, he's charged with perjury for saying he has had no e-mail or text contact with someone, none at all. The Indictment mentions not one, not a few but thousands of e-mails and text messages from the person he said he didn't have any from. the evidence is the official transcript and NYC phone book sized printout of all those messages. Go ahead, Roger, say you just forgot.

Let's see how that works out.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:19 pm

Agreed, the absolute last thing Stone, or Corsi for that matter, needs or wants is the evidence coming out.

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”