Newtown Sandy Hook Conspiracy Theory

Dan1100

Re: Newtown Sandy Hook Conspiracy Theory

Post by Dan1100 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:46 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:15 pm
Maybe it's just me, but isn't it interesting that this spate of bomb threats yesterday and today have come only a day or two after Trump announced that if he were impeached, there'd "be a revolt?"

I swear it looks like he's fomenting a violent Trump Cult Uprising.
There is an evil part of me that can't wait until their "revolt" comes up against a major metropolitan police department and the MAGAbillies get the St. Louis County BLM treatment. They'll be on TV whining and crying that how they couldn't breathe, showing their big round bruises, and how tear gas and rubber bullets are too mean to use on white people.
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:52 pm

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... -violence/
Newly Unsealed Documents Reveal Dark Details About the Sandy Hook Mass Shooter

One standout document was an extensive spreadsheet Lanza had created detailing 400 cases of mass violence, dating back to 1786. The Courant noted the attention to detail in Lanza’s spreadsheet (which the paper did not publish): He divided the document into 17 categories, sorted by the number of people killed in each incident. In online chats, Lanza implied he had been working on research for the spreadsheet as early as 2006, although he stopped adding to it in June 2010, about two and a half years before the Sandy Hook shooting. Most of the incidents Lanza included involved attacks using guns.

How much detail to make public about mass shooters has become a subject of growing debate. Since 2015, Mother Jones has documented the rise of so-called copycat mass shootings, or attacks inspired in some part by previous ones. A Mother Jones investigation into the influence of the mass shooting at Columbine High School found that the high-profile attack in Colorado in 1999 inspired perpetrators of at least 74 subsequent plots and attacks across the country. As my colleague Mark Follman wrote in 2015 about the phenomenon:

To a much greater degree than is generally understood, there’s strong evidence of a copycat effect rippling through many cases, both among mass shooters and those aspiring to kill. Perpetrators and plotters look to past attacks for not only inspiration but operational details, in hopes of causing even greater carnage.

When I asked threat assessment experts what might explain the recent rise in gun rampages, I heard the same two words over and over: social media. Although there is no definitive research yet, widespread anecdotal evidence suggests that the speed at which social media bombards us with memes and images exacerbates the copycat effect.
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:58 pm

Dan1100 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:46 pm
RoadScholar wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but isn't it interesting that this spate of bomb threats yesterday and today have come only a day or two after Trump announced that if he were impeached, there'd "be a revolt?"

There is an evil part of me that can't wait until their "revolt" comes up against a major metropolitan police department and the MAGAbillies get the St. Louis County BLM treatment. They'll be on TV whining and crying that how they couldn't breathe, showing their big round bruises, and how tear gas and rubber bullets are too mean to use on white people.
:yeah: I agree with both of these posts. It is awfully coincidental that Trump claims a revolt and all the sudden there is a raft of bomb threats. I swear that man is a serious threat to national security and I'm afraid he is going to be even worse after he's out of office. I dread what will happen when he's under threat of doing actual prison time due to all the investigations bearing fruit. I don't think most of his supporters will actually take up arms against their fellow Americans, but I suspect there will be a few crazies that want to show their support in a violent way.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:10 pm

Dan1100 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:46 pm
RoadScholar wrote:

They won't - remember, there are some cops who are Oathkeepers. They won't do a damn thing to them.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:15 am

The Sandy Hook parents suing Alex Jones have won a small step in their litigation. The judge enables them to see the InfoWars internal memos and financial data, which may show that Jones's stories about Sandy Hook were driven by ratings rather than any solid information.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-conta ... d=60314174

It's at moments like this that defendants usually offer substantial settlements.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:20 am

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :bar:
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:04 am

Comes to mind to wonder just how Alex's finances are doing these days since he was cut off from the pump. I can't imagine he's all that bright and has much back in reserve because he thought he'd always be able to chum the stupid and gullible. Things may be getting a bit pinchy in his "media/scam empire" these days.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:14 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:04 am
Comes to mind to wonder just how Alex's finances are doing these days since he was cut off from the pump. I can't imagine he's all that bright and has much back in reserve because he thought he'd always be able to chum the stupid and gullible. Things may be getting a bit pinchy in his "media/scam empire" these days.
I like the idea of Alex Jones becoming destitute. But something tells me that the rubes that buy his survival food and extra speshul double strength survival vitamins end up using that stuff and having to buy more. I'm sure they get reminders that it's time to stock up.
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:15 pm

RVInit wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:14 pm
Notorial Dissent wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:04 am
I like the idea of Alex Jones becoming destitute. But something tells me that the rubes that buy his survival food and extra speshul double strength survival vitamins end up using that stuff and having to buy more. I'm sure they get reminders that it's time to stock up.
Probably automated re-orders.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:24 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:15 pm
RVInit wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:14 pm
:snippity:
Probably automated re-orders.
Yup. But, on the other hand, his access to gaining new business has been hampered, at least somewhat. And, hopefully these lawsuits are keeping him at least a little panicked.
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:31 pm

This is a man who realizes that he's in the wrong, that he has caused a good deal of unjustified grief to innocent people, and that he is doomed, sooner or later, to lose this enormous lawsuit.

A sentient person would, by now, have issued an abject apology, an unstinted retraction, and otherwise have taken large steps to minimize his liabilities.

Instead Alex Jones simply excuses and rephrases his nonsense.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:48 pm

Fortinbras wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:31 pm
This is a man who realizes that he's in the wrong, that he has caused a good deal of unjustified grief to innocent people, and that he is doomed, sooner or later, to lose this enormous lawsuit.

A sentient person would, by now, have issued an abject apology, an unstinted retraction, and otherwise have taken large steps to minimize his liabilities.

But during his custody proceedings, it was all an act, amiright?

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:11 pm

Fortinbras wrote:

Perhaps he thinks Donald Trump will rescue him or he is convinced he has the upper hand.

Whip

Post by Whip » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:21 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:48 pm
Fortinbras wrote:

But during his custody proceedings, it was all an act, amiright?
I'm interested to see how he tries to wiggle out of that.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:54 pm

He's going to take his shirt off while he's testifying, which will be fun. :mrgreen:

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:03 pm

Fortinbras wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:15 am
The Sandy Hook parents suing Alex Jones have won a small step in their litigation. The judge enables them to see the InfoWars internal memos and financial data, which may show that Jones's stories about Sandy Hook were driven by ratings rather than any solid information.
Which is plainly obvious to all but his followers.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:09 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:03 pm
Fortinbras wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:15 am
Which is plainly obvious to all but his followers.
In fact, if those are the two options (ratings, solid information), we're done.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:00 am

a consiracy archive - members only cause I don't want search machines to pick this up
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:11 pm

Good.

Newtown parents score a win in growing fight against hoaxers

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ne ... d_nn_tw_ma
The father of a victim of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre has won a defamation lawsuit against the authors of a book that claimed the shooting never happened — the latest victory for victims' relatives who have been taking a more aggressive stance against conspiracy theorists.

The book, "Nobody Died at Sandy Hook," has also been pulled from shelves to settle claims against its publisher filed by Lenny Pozner, whose 6-year-old son Noah was killed in the shooting.

"My face-to-face interactions with Mr. Pozner have led me to believe that Mr. Pozner is telling the truth about the death of his son," Dave Gahary, the principal officer at publisher Moon Rock Books, said Monday. "I extend my most heartfelt and sincere apology to the Pozner family."

A Wisconsin judge issued a summary judgment Monday against authors James Fetzer and Mike Palacek, a ruling that was separate from the settlement between Pozner and the book's publisher. A trial to decide damages has been set for October.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:39 pm

I felt compelled to go to the Moon Rock Books website. It was worth it. Go before July 1. https://www.moonrockbooks.com

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:14 am

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:39 pm
I felt compelled to go to the Moon Rock Books website. It was worth it. Go before July 1. https://www.moonrockbooks.com
The website is quite a treasure house of idiocy! Most of the books are by one Jim Feltzer, who apparently hasn't seen an outrageous conspiracy theory that he didn't embrace wholeheartedly, his vile, crazy brsin absorbing every fiction, swallowing every lie.

Crank magnetism? His crank magnets are super-cooled niobium-titanium!

So TRL, will you buy a book or two (no need to pay extra for a signed copy) and write your Fogbow Book Report? Or do you have a life?

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:50 am

In the space of one day, the Sandy Hook parents (primarily Pozner) have beaten the author of a book and scored significant points against Jones and his lawyers:

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/18/73388086 ... sanctioned

Sandy Hook Victim's Father Wins Defamation Suit, Alex Jones Sanctioned
June 18, 201910:04 PM ET
VANESSA ROMO

Alex Jones was sanctioned by a Connecticut judge on Tuesday after railing on the attorney representing victims' families in a defamation suit against the Internet provocateur.

Leonard Pozner, whose 6-year-old son was killed in the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, has been battling against conspiracy theorists for years, and on Tuesday he scored a victory against deniers who claimed the shooting that left 20 first grade children dead never happened.

A Wisconsin judge issued a summary judgment in favor of Pozner in a defamation lawsuit against the authors of a book called Nobody Died at Sandy Hook, a 400-page book purporting a series of false claims, including ideas that the mass shooting was a FEMA drill to promote gun control and that the grieving father had fabricated his son Noah's death certificate, which is a crime in Connecticut.

"Mr. Pozner has sought for years to try to get these conspiracy theorists to understand that his son really was a person and that his son really did die and as a last resort we initiated this defamation case," Pozner's lawyer, Jake Zimmerman told NPR.

The lawsuit focused narrowly on the claim by James Fetzer and Mike Palecek that Pozner had forged or faked the death certificate, though it also alluded to other convoluted theories advanced by Fetzer on his blog, including the theory that Noah was not Pozner's son.

"Fetzer acted with actual malice," court documents say, also accusing the writer of publishing statements knowing that they "were false or with reckless disregard for the truth or falsity of the statements."

Fetzer responded to the decision in a tweet, writing, "My day in Court did not turn out as expected." He insisted that he was "able to produce decisive proof the [copy of] death certificate" he retrieved from the Internet is a fabrication, but said the judge ruled against him because his evidence "lacks certification."

Initially, the case also included Florida-based publisher Moon Rocks Books, but the principal officer of the company, Dave Gahary, settled the case following a May deposition with Pozner.

"I looked him in the eyes, listened to his testimony, had frank discussions about our respective concerns, and, in the end, shook his hand," Gahary said in a statement on Monday.

"My face-to-face interactions with Mr. Pozner have led me to believe that Mr. Pozner is telling the truth about the death of his son. I extend my most heartfelt and sincere apology to the Pozner family," he said, also offering his condolences.

Gahary agreed to stop publishing future editions of the book and to stop selling it entirely by the end of the month.

A trial to decide damages has been set for October.

Although it was a singular legal win for Pozner as the sole plaintiff, Zimmerman said the decision is also significant for nearly all of the families of Sandy Hook victims.

"Most of them are mentioned one way or another in these books. Most of them are accused of being either crisis actors or a part of a government cover up. And so having that book go off the shelves is a victory for fear not just the families of Sandy Hook but really for the people in the community," Zimmerman said.

To prove the authenticity of the deceased child's death certificate, which has been circulated by Pozner in a crusade to combat the myriad false narratives championed by deniers, Zimmerman said he offered the court the original Connecticut state document.

"We were able to hand that to the judge and let him feel that raised seal with his own hands," Zimmerman said.

He also took an extraordinary step: He filed a motion asking the court to appoint an independent expert to conduct a post-mortem paternity test using Noah's limited remaining DNA matter.

"We obtained a sample of Noah Pozner's DNA from the medical examiner's office and had a court ordered expert do DNA testing to confirm that Leonard Pozner was the biological father of the person whose body was examined by Connecticut's state medical examiner," Zimmerman explained.

"We wanted to make sure that our hands were out of it and no one could ever accuse us of having injected ourselves into the process in a way that could impact the outcome."

Pozner has been at the forefront of the legal fight against claims by hoaxers that the Sandy Hook shooting was a staged event. He is involved in at least nine lawsuits in multiple states, including more defamation cases that have grown to include other victims' family members.

In a separate defamation lawsuit against conspiracy theorist and InfoWars owner Alex Jones, took a strange turn on Tuesday when a Connecticut judge sanctioned the web-show host for what she called a despicable tirade against the attorney representing the families of victims of the school shooting.

During his show on Friday, Jones launched into a five-minute profanity-laden tirade claiming he was the target of a malware attack that planted child pornography on the InfoWars servers. He accused Christopher Mattei, who is representing the families in their suit against Jones, of instigating the alleged attack.

"We all know who did it," Jones, who was accompanied by his lawyer Norm Pattis, said.

Jones then offered a million dollar bounty to anyone who could find the alleged hacker. "You're trying to set me up with child porn, I'm going to get your a**. One million dollars, one million dollars you little gang member. One million dollars to put your head on a pike. One million dollars, b****. I am going to get your a**," Jones screamed. "You're not going to ever defeat Texas you sacks of sh**."

Jones held up a picture of Mattei during much of the rant, pounding his fist into the photograph.

The illegal images were discovered after InfoWars was forced to turnover email metadata from the company's servers, according to court documents filed on Monday. FBI officials determined the images "had apparently been sent to Infowars email addresses."

The filing adds: "It is worth noting that if the Jones Defendants had engaged in even minimal due diligence and actually reviewed the materials before production, they would have found the images themselves. Because the Jones Defendants did not do that, they transmitted images to the plaintiffs that if they were knowingly possessed is a serious federal crime."

The sanctions ordered by Bridgeport Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis blocks Jones' attorneys from further attempts to dismiss the case. They also require that the infamous provocateur pay attorneys fees to the Sandy Hook families' lawyers related to the matter Jones addressed on last week's broadcast.

"His conduct, and I think the court concluded this, really threatened the integrity of judicial proceedings here in Connecticut," Mattei told reporters after the ruling.

Pattis said his client's conduct was inappropriate but not threatening. He later said he would appeal the ruling.

While Jones asserted for years that the Newtown, Connecticut, tragedy was a "giant hoax" and "that the whole thing was fake," he has since acknowledged that the shooting occurred.

In a March deposition, Jones blamed his unfounded opinion on "a form of psychosis" he claimed he had in the past "where I basically thought everything was staged ... even though I'm learning a lot of things aren't staged," the Associated Press reported.

Reporter Davis Dunavin of member station WSHU contributed to this story.

listeme

Post by listeme » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:02 am

This still baffles me.
"My face-to-face interactions with Mr. Pozner have led me to believe that Mr. Pozner is telling the truth about the death of his son," Dave Gahary, the principal officer at publisher Moon Rock Books, said Monday. "I extend my most heartfelt and sincere apology to the Pozner family."
You needed to talk to the man? I mean, okay, the piles and piles of evidence, news reports, all that, none of that convinced you. Talking to the man is what convinced you.

Actually that explains a lot. You have no ability to judge evidence and can be persuaded by people talking to you.

*turns off internet for a while*
We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

jmj

Post by jmj » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:47 am

listeme wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:02 am
This still baffles me.
You needed to talk to the man? I mean, okay, the piles and piles of evidence, news reports, all that, none of that convinced you. Talking to the man is what convinced you.

Actually that explains a lot. You have no ability to judge evidence and can be persuaded by people talking to you.

*turns off internet for a while*
Yeah, that's not a good-faith statement. He's not actually convinced, he's just saying that as a way to sound halfway respectable in the national media. Look at the list of books that they publish: https://www.moonrockbooks.com/

It's all false-flag conspiracy theory junk, including a similar one about the Parkland shooting. And they're pushing to sell the rest of the copies of this book before they're forced to stop selling it.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:19 am

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:14 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:39 pm
The website is quite a treasure house of idiocy! Most of the books are by one Jim Feltzer, who apparently hasn't seen an outrageous conspiracy theory that he didn't embrace wholeheartedly, his vile, crazy brsin absorbing every fiction, swallowing every lie.

Crank magnetism? His crank magnets are super-cooled niobium-titanium!

So TRL, will you buy a book or two (no need to pay extra for a signed copy) and write your Fogbow Book Report? Or do you have a life?
I was taken by the opening page ad trying to sell inventory before the settlement terms kicked in. I will plagiarize your comments about the books. I ain't buying nothin' from that site!!! I wouldn't have a life if I read those books! :bighug:

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”