Domestic Marshall Plan - Public Employment

Slartibartfast

Re: Domestic Marshall Plan - Public Employment

Post by Slartibartfast » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Mikedunford wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:unite around policy not people.
Uniting around policy is crucial. Uniting around the right people is also important. Leadership matters. It matters a lot. That's something that I've always believed; after five months of orange buffoonery, that's more clear to me than ever before.
True. As you have alluded to, however, just being on the top of the ticket doesn't make you a leader and no responsible leader should be talking about the 2018 elections right not, let alone 2020. The Democrats need to work on making the case that they know how to govern as well as determining overall goals along with strategies to achieve them and revisit their political tactics in light of the Republicans, the Russians, and the 21st century. Once they are solid on all of that they can worry who will run for president.

Too. also. Democratic leaders should be talking about limiting the power of the imperial presidency -- for both Democrats and Republicans. Presidential authority is one of the biggest applications of IOKIYAAR and failing to talk about further enables Republican double standards and hypocrisy.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Sam the Centipede

Re: Domestic Marshall Plan - Public Employment

Post by Sam the Centipede » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:29 am

Mikedunford wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:unite around policy not people.
Uniting around policy is crucial. Uniting around the right people is also important. Leadership matters. It matters a lot. That's something that I've always believed; after five months of orange buffoonery, that's more clear to me than ever before.
I guess what you have seen in recent months while living in the UK and close to France only confirms your view?! Winning formulas are difficult to identify when electors seem so contrary.

Return to “Unions & Labor Issues”