Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Corona Virus vaccination status poll

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.

What is your current vaccination status?

I had two Pfizer or Moderna and two boosters.
73%
I had 2 Pfizer or Moderna and a booster.
17%
I had 2 Pfizer and no booster.
2%
I had 2 Moderna and no booster.
2%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot and two boosters (mRNA Pfizer or Moderna as recommended)
6%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, and a booster.
No votes
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, no booster.
No votes
I'm still working on getting vaccinated.
No votes
I do not plan to be vaccinated (you are welcomed to state your reasons).
No votes

Total votes: 52

scirreeve

Re: Corona Virus vaccination status poll

Post by scirreeve »

A nice lady with the National Guard injected me with my 1st dose of nanochips today (Pfizer).
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

Pfizer nanochips are the best nanochips.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Damn straight.... They come with a side of nanosalsa.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Flight suit on and codpiece in place. Second shot accomplished!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Mr520 is fully jabbed as of today! Number 1 in line, even.

I’m flat out impressed with how CA and the Bidens worked together to make this complex dance happen. No wonder The Former Guy did nothing. He had no idea how; none of his peeps seemed to either so he sent Jared instead. Hard to say which of the two is more clueless. Logistics are (is?) hard.

The workers are from all over the country - today, we were helped by nurses from TN, OH and CO - nary a SNAFU to be seen.

It’s a friendly scene. One young lady and I talked about how much fun it would be to take a defensive driving course, as we watched a bunch of LEOs practice “intersections”, where two cars, lights & sirens, approach the intersection from different angles* (the car making a turn has right of way), at the county course right next to our lines.

* I wonder if the practice session was due to the 2 hour high speed chase that ended in our town Tuesday night, when a murder suspect ran the cops all over town at very high speeds, going the wrong way on busy streets.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

We crossed more than 50 percent fully vaccinated today.

:grouphug:
realist

Post by realist »

The mass vaccination site where we got our shots last Friday opened up on Tuesday for walk-ins as well as appointments. They have been having to turn away some walk-ins and/or shut the walk-in down early due to lack of vaccine but every day they start over again. Except for the above, it's been well-done and easy peasy.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Lani

Post by Lani »

There are glitches - sometimes BIG glitches - with the appointment computer programs, but the vaccine sites seem to be excellent across the country. And there are now appointment services by phone for people who don't do smartphones and computers and/or have limited English.

The big brouhaha here at the moment is that some restaurants/bars that are reopening have notified laid-off workers that vaccination is required. Antivaxers are commenting ranting on the news articles, telling the laid-off workers to sue. (Lol, EEOC stated months ago that employers can require it, but if an employee declines on the basis of a disability or religion, then there needs to be a discussion about whether there can be a reasonable accommodation. Due to the constant interactions with people, it's unlikely that a bar or restaurant can provide a safe, reasonable accommodation.)
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Slightly off topic. Viking has started cruising again, BUT you have to have cruised with them before, and you MUST be vaccinated. They are eight-day, one-country cruises. One is around Bermuda, one is around Iceland. Others will be following over the summer months. If we were to do one (not planning now), all the anti-vaccers and RWNJs won't be on them. :clap:

Viking is making individual plans with each country, and there are a lot of limits on what you are allowed to do. You better love spending a lot of time on their ships. Luckily, their ships are fabulous with none of the bells and whistles on the big ships.

So, no shoes, no shirt, no vaccine--no service! :dance:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

bill_g wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:19 am
Lani wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:57 am It's risky for my son. He'll need to be watched for hours after he gets it.

My doctor said the J&J is better for people who have had bad consequences from vaccines, in his case seizures. For one thing, he'll only be at risk once. Also, it has fewer severe reactions than the mRNA ones. Maybe your wife can look into the J&J?

I was very surprised by the amount of care I received when I spoke with my doctor. I wanted the J&J for less risk. When I became eligible, I grabbed a slot, but it turned out to be Pfizer. (Now people have a choice on Kauai.) The clinic stayed in touch with me for days to make sure I was alright. Mrs. G might get the same level of care and safety from her medical provider. There seems to be more understanding that some of us are at risk. They take it more seriously than in the past.
Thanks Lani. Mrs is not very happy with the level of care she's received from any doctor or medical staff in years.
Off Topic
If she has RSD I fully understand as few people probably truly can, why. I have a related condition, called CRPS. Mrs G may find RSD.org helpful if she is not getting truly adequate care for the RSD. I would be happy to have an online penpal or even phone conversations with her if she thinks it could be helpful to be able to chat with someone who can understand the considerable pain she likely experiences. I hope she has the kind that can go into remission and hopefully also has the moderate rather than severe pain. I have had CRPS for more than 20 years. There is a shocking amount of misinformation about CRPS out there and most online sources are not helpful at all, even sites run by the likes of the Mayo Clinic and other respectable institutions. And because it's a rare condition, few doctors have much experience treating it. I drive two hours each month to see the only doctor I know of in Florida that has treated CRPS, and in the large pain management group he belong to they treat a total of six patients. My former doctor had two of us before he retired and turned us over to this group of doctors. Feel free to PM me if you think I could be of any help.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
tek

Post by tek »

90-year-old mom got her J&J Wednesday, delivered by an off-duty EMT in-home. :blissy:

ms just did Dialing for Doses and got daughter scheduled for Pfizer this coming tuesday. And ms just got off the phone with son-in-law who had been resisting ("I don't really need it!") and ripped him a new one.. so he says he'll go as soon as he is eligible (though he already passed on J&J at work)

slowly, slowly..
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

tek wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:05 am 90-year-old mom got her J&J Wednesday, delivered by an off-duty EMT in-home. :blissy:

ms just did Dialing for Doses and got daughter scheduled for Pfizer this coming tuesday. And ms just got off the phone with son-in-law who had been resisting ("I don't really need it!") and ripped him a new one.. so he says he'll go as soon as he is eligible (though he already passed on J&J at work)

slowly, slowly..
If he passed on an opportunity to be vaccinated, he deserves to have a new one ripped.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Got my second shot (Pfizer) first thing yesterday morning. Oof, it's been a wild ride. I felt a little fatigued in the afternoon, then I noticed that my eyes started to feel hot and tingly like a fever was coming on around 8 PM. (I literally know of no other way to describe that sensation, but someone should come up with a term for it.) By the time I tried to go to bed at 10:30 I had sudden-onset body chills and aches that made sleeping impossible. Never checked my temperature, but it was definitely a bit high. Finally chickened out and took some aspirin at 2:30, which succeeded in allowing me to sleep until whenever Mrs. FRP woke up for her Saturday morning run, by which point my side of the bed was completely drenched with sweat from my fever breaking. My temperature has normalized now, but I'm still having chills and dull aches everywhere reminiscent of the day after I got hit by a car riding my bike last summer. If I had sniffles and a cough, I would say it was classic (for me) influenza symptoms all crammed into 18 or so hours. And I get truly miserable when I can't sleep.

None of this happened after my first shot, but it mirrored almost exactly (right down to the timing) Mrs. FRP's experience after getting the J&J vaccine.

Don't mistake what I'm saying. It's absolutely a price worth paying to know that I'm protected and helping to protect other people. And I know that it's basically teaching your immune system to recognize a new enemy. I just wish it didn't have to make my body feel like a literal war zone to accomplish that.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

fierceredpanda wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:58 pm
Don't mistake what I'm saying. It's absolutely a price worth paying to know that I'm protected and helping to protect other people. And I know that it's basically teaching your immune system to recognize a new enemy. I just wish it didn't have to make my body feel like a literal war zone to accomplish that.
I would imagine what it would feel like to get the full disease if that’s the preview.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

About 12 hours after my second Moderna the fatigue and body aches set in that lasted for about 12 hours. I have seen reports that the older you are the less severe the reactions are. Some younger folks I know described pretty much the same reaction you had FRP.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Just received my 2nd Pfizer jab an hour ago.

The itching is getting intense, even though I took a handful of antihistamines before my jab. I took extra antihistamines yesterday, too. I can use prednisone tomorrow for the itching. My arm already hurts.

Doctors are hypothesizing that those who have strong reactions are likely folks that would have developed severe covid symptoms. There's no research on that hypothesis, but I find the hypothesis interesting.

My doc said my previous reaction was an allergic reaction, but that it was safe to get my 2nd jab. I was so relieved!

I'm so grateful for the scientists who worked tirelessly to develop these vaccines. I extremely grateful to have a pro-science administration.

I was so excited this morning. I was as if I was on meth. Excitement +absurd levels of antihistamines make me 🥜.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

LM K wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:30 pm
I was so excited this morning. I was as if I was on meth. Excitement +absurd levels of antihistamines make me 🥜.
And yet you didn't get dragged out of your car and kneeled on!

p.s. Congrats on the vax. It was an unexpectedly strong feeling of relief when I got my second one.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

So far my brother, three of my five sisters, and I have all received both shots. None of the five of us (ages 60 - 71) have experienced anything more than very mild reactions to the vaccines. None of us, growing up, got extremely sick from viruses either, so I think genetics are playing a role here for which I am very grateful.
somerset

Post by somerset »

I got my first Moderna jab yesterday. So far, just a slightly sore arm. Mrs Somerset gets her first jab Monday.
LM K

Post by LM K »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:34 pm
LM K wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:30 pm
And yet you didn't get dragged out of your car and kneeled on!

p.s. Congrats on the vax. It was an unexpectedly strong feeling of relief when I got my second one.
Yep. I'm driving while white. Which appears to be legal, unlike those driving while black or latinx.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Done!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
LM K

Post by LM K »

Maybenaut wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:13 pmDone!
:cheer1:
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Maybenaut wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:13 pmDone!
:thumbsup:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Now that I’m vaccinated, I often forget my mask when I’m running a quick errand. :oopsy: I’ve stuffed a couple into my purse ( I usually hang my current one on the turn signal) so I don’t become one of those people.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Except for a sore arm for a day, I've had zero reaction since my second shot last Thursday.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”