Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Corona Virus vaccination status poll

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.

What is your current vaccination status?

I had two Pfizer or Moderna and two boosters.
73%
I had 2 Pfizer or Moderna and a booster.
17%
I had 2 Pfizer and no booster.
2%
I had 2 Moderna and no booster.
2%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot and two boosters (mRNA Pfizer or Moderna as recommended)
6%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, and a booster.
No votes
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, no booster.
No votes
I'm still working on getting vaccinated.
No votes
I do not plan to be vaccinated (you are welcomed to state your reasons).
No votes

Total votes: 52

Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Re: Corona Virus vaccination status poll

Post by Reality Check »

I had a bruised area on my arm and some soreness for a month after the second Moderna shot. We figured it was a dull needle. ;)
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

So glad to see no one here is refusing the vaccine. Not surprised, to be sure, but still makes me happy. :thumbsup:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Sunrise wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:34 pm So glad to see no one here is refusing the vaccine. Not surprised, to be sure, but still makes me happy. :thumbsup:
I thought there'd be someone who couldn't take it for a legit medical reason, but so far so good...
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Kate520 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:05 pm Maybenaut, has your allergy caused problems with the vaccine?
No. There’s no alpha gal in any of the vaccines.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

I'm on the list. But it depends on who you talk to at the clinic on any particular day as to whether there really is a "special" list for the vaccine. And it is all happening in spanish, of course.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:55 pm
Sunrise wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:34 pm So glad to see no one here is refusing the vaccine. Not surprised, to be sure, but still makes me happy. :thumbsup:
I thought there'd be someone who couldn't take it for a legit medical reason, but so far so good...
Mrs_G doesn't want it. But, she is Opposite Girl with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. If something happens over here, it hurts over there for a loooong time. She's had so many surguries, we've joked they should just put in a zipper. While she takes the flu vaccine every year (minus the preservative that makes her sick), she's afraid the covid vaccine will light off something else in her that the doctors can't explain, and she just doesn't want to take the chance.
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

We’ve had both our Pfizer doses and today we’re seeing two grandchildren up close and personal. :bunny:

It has been almost exactly one year since we last saw them. We are filled with joy and immense gratitude to all the scientists and healthcare workers across the world who gave us the gift of vaccination.

In addition to being able to get appointments early on for ourselves, I was able to schedule appointments for eight other family members and friends in three different states. In short, I was obsessed with getting shots in arms, especially in the case of our pregnant daughter, who will bring us our eighth grandchild in a couple of months.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:03 am
Mrs_G doesn't want it. But, she is Opposite Girl with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. If something happens over here, it hurts over there for a loooong time. She's had so many surguries, we've joked they should just put in a zipper. While she takes the flu vaccine every year (minus the preservative that makes her sick), she's afraid the covid vaccine will light off something else in her that the doctors can't explain, and she just doesn't want to take the chance.
That falls under legit medical reason.

I’ve had three or four surgeries through the same incision. I’ve suggested a zipper or Velcro or similar. Not sure surgeons were amused.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

The vaccine rollout put the lie to "essential worker".

While most people were locked down, I worked everyday last year in hospitals and 911 centers so the public would have hot-n-cold running emergency responders and medical staff. Others kept grocery stores and gas stations open. Some people fixed plumbing, roads, electricity, and sewer systems. The list of essential workers was long and varied. They delivered packages, pizza, and printer paper. The implied promise was we would be near the front of the line for the vaccine when it became available. Ha.

Honestly, not entirely surprised. Or bothered by it. Just pointing out the obvious. The sky is blue, water is wet, and essential workers aren't.

Though the months of lockdown made the highways like the autobahn was kinda awesome. I have to admit that. I5 was my own private road at times.
Lani

Post by Lani »

bill_g wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:03 am
It's risky for my son. He'll need to be watched for hours after he gets it.

My doctor said the J&J is better for people who have had bad consequences from vaccines, in his case seizures. For one thing, he'll only be at risk once. Also, it has fewer severe reactions than the mRNA ones. Maybe your wife can look into the J&J?

I was very surprised by the amount of care I received when I spoke with my doctor. I wanted the J&J for less risk. When I became eligible, I grabbed a slot, but it turned out to be Pfizer. (Now people have a choice on Kauai.) The clinic stayed in touch with me for days to make sure I was alright. Mrs. G might get the same level of care and safety from her medical provider. There seems to be more understanding that some of us are at risk. They take it more seriously than in the past.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Lani wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:57 am It's risky for my son. He'll need to be watched for hours after he gets it.

My doctor said the J&J is better for people who have had bad consequences from vaccines, in his case seizures. For one thing, he'll only be at risk once. Also, it has fewer severe reactions than the mRNA ones. Maybe your wife can look into the J&J?

I was very surprised by the amount of care I received when I spoke with my doctor. I wanted the J&J for less risk. When I became eligible, I grabbed a slot, but it turned out to be Pfizer. (Now people have a choice on Kauai.) The clinic stayed in touch with me for days to make sure I was alright. Mrs. G might get the same level of care and safety from her medical provider. There seems to be more understanding that some of us are at risk. They take it more seriously than in the past.
Thanks Lani. Mrs is not very happy with the level of care she's received from any doctor or medical staff in years.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I became eligible today. Managed to book an appointment for Thursday. YAY! I changed my status in the poll. Tip for PDX folks - way easier to find an appointment in Salem (fairgrounds) than Portland area.
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

scirreeve wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:11 pm I became eligible today. Managed to book an appointment for Thursday. YAY! I changed my status in the poll. Tip for PDX folks - way easier to find an appointment in Salem (fairgrounds) than Portland area.
Oregon was one of the states where I helped a couple of friends get vaccines. I scored one appointment at Grand Ronde (no eligibility requirements at that time) and one at a Rite Aid in Vancouver, WA, which had broader eligibility than Oregon had. This was a few weeks ago, so things may have changed dramatically.

In California, Santa Cruz and Redding had a lot of availability and Nevada is wide open with lots of appointments in the South Tahoe area.

In Texas, Amarillo had masses of appointments available.

Crossing state lines is not an issue anywhere, so far as I know.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

That's great, Scir!

And awesome reading the happy stories of reuniting with family and how well it's going for most.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

NewMexGirl wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:58 pm
scirreeve wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:11 pm I became eligible today. Managed to book an appointment for Thursday. YAY! I changed my status in the poll. Tip for PDX folks - way easier to find an appointment in Salem (fairgrounds) than Portland area.
Oregon was one of the states where I helped a couple of friends get vaccines. I scored one appointment at Grand Ronde (no eligibility requirements at that time) and one at a Rite Aid in Vancouver, WA, which had broader eligibility than Oregon had. This was a few weeks ago, so things may have changed dramatically.

In California, Santa Cruz and Redding had a lot of availability and Nevada is wide open with lots of appointments in the South Tahoe area.

In Texas, Amarillo had masses of appointments available.

Crossing state lines is not an issue anywhere, so far as I know.
I tried Grand Ronde - got put on a waiting list but never got a response. Probably cuz they did the PR stuff with the Blazers (jk).
https://www.nba.com/blazers/statement-p ... il-blazers
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

Distribution in so many states is whacko. In New Mexico, it was all but impossible to get appointments in Albuquerque and Santa Fe. There were veritable caravans of seniors heading to Amarillo for their first doses. Amarillo, if you haven’t been there, is a hellhole and is a 4-5 hour drive. But you could just walk in the door and a vaccine was waiting for you.

Yesterday I grabbed an appointment for today at UCDavis for my San Francisco son-in-law. Not a terrible drive, but not a short one, either.

One thing I discovered is that pharmacies in the vicinity of mass vaccination sites often have appointments available. The other thing I discovered is that, while they have much, much better tech skills than I do, younger people don’t read local papers or watch local news, so they aren’t aware of places, other than the big state or county-run vaccination sites, where appointments are available.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I have an appointment tomorrow, was eligible when they made 60+ age available on 4/1. Thought the wait would be horribly wrong based on searches of Rite-Aid and other drug chains. Checked the County website and sign on a wait list for one of their vaccination locations, expecting another long wait. Got email early this morning saying I could choose an appointment and WOW they had openings early afternoon tomorrow.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

A friend of mine who lives in Santa Fe drove to Albuquerque to get her shots. She has several serious co-morbidities, but couldn't get anything any closer. It helped that her daughter is a nurse.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Scheduled for Monday at 3. There were many available openings even though they have just opened up to "other essential" workers to which my church job qualifies (and more so as we are starting to move back to limited in person). They are supposed to open to all over 16 next week.
101010 :towel:
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Just made my appointment for Sat morning.
SlimSloSlider

Post by SlimSloSlider »

Second Moderna today.
Sat for 15 minutes to make sure I wasn’t channelling Q.
Slight reaction so far - a wee bit of soreness in the shoulder.
Single-malt is being applied.
somerset

Post by somerset »

Just got an appointment for this Friday. No idea which vaccine will be available
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Mrs. Reeve got her second Moderna today. I get my 1st dose manana (either Moderna or Pfizer - they don't let you pick and I don't care).
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Second Pfizer scheduled for this morning.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Australian 'roll out' (if you can call it that... more like 'ooze out') took another hit today with the new advice to not give the Astra-Zeneca to under 50's.

Not that we are any where close to getting the under 50's vaccinated anyway (other than frontline health workers and folks with underlying conditions that put them at high risk.

We've already been cutoff from European AZ manufacturers, now our own Astra Zeneca supplies manufactured in Aussieland by CSL has a limited use.

Apparently we are getting a steady drip feed of Phizer, but Moderna and Johnson&Johnson are who knows how far away from approval.

My (what I thought was overly) cynical view was that I'll be eligible for Phase 1b (70's and over) before I eligible for (60's and over) Phase 2A. That is looking more and more likely. The 'plan' is that phase2a will start in May, but they aren't anywhere near the 4.5 million people they expected to get vaccinated in Phase 1 (Australia is still well under a million vaccinations).

I will be very surprised if they start Phase 2 before August. I turn 70 in August and will then be eligible for phase 1b.
Has everybody heard about the bird?

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”