Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Corona Virus vaccination status poll

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.

What is your current vaccination status?

I had two Pfizer or Moderna and two boosters.
73%
I had 2 Pfizer or Moderna and a booster.
17%
I had 2 Pfizer and no booster.
2%
I had 2 Moderna and no booster.
2%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot and two boosters (mRNA Pfizer or Moderna as recommended)
6%
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, and a booster.
No votes
I had the Johnson and Johnson single shot, no booster.
No votes
I'm still working on getting vaccinated.
No votes
I do not plan to be vaccinated (you are welcomed to state your reasons).
No votes

Total votes: 52

Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Corona Virus vaccination status poll

Post by Reality Check »

I thought it would be interesting to track our vaccination status over time. As you are vaccinated you can come back and change your status.

Edit: Damn, I forgot that adding a choice resets the poll. My bad. Please vote again if you already had.
roadscholar

Re: Corona Virus vaccination status poll

Post by roadscholar »

Wife and I have appointments for vaccination tomorrow. Not sure which vaccine. Don't care.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I’m eligible per the state but the county says fuggedaboudit.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I just got the second Moderna on Wednesday, March 10.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

roadscholar wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:27 am Wife and I have appointments for vaccination tomorrow. Not sure which vaccine. Don't care.
I added a choice to cover your case.

Edit: Damn, I forgot that would reset the poll. Please vote again if you had already voted. :brickwallsmall:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’m fully vaxxed! Now to find appointments for mr520, who is younger than I. :batting:
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

Just got Pfizer an hour or so ago.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

My wife had her first Moderna vaccine yesterday. I am scheduled to get my first one tomorrow.

We were supposed to get them about three weeks ago, but it was postponed when the snowstorm late last month delayed deliveries of the vaccine.

My wife is really po'ed that she sees a lot of much younger people (in their thirties) being vaccinated and we had a hard time finding an appointment. She's 70 and I'm 69. She has congestive heart failure and I have diabetes.
somerset

Post by somerset »

A bit too young and a bit too healthy, at least by California’s rules.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

somerset wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:24 pm A bit too young and a bit too healthy, at least by California’s rules.
Both of their issues qualify per CDC guidance.
Il factotum
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

Not even close to eligible at 56.

I just managed to get my 85 yo mom her 1st Moderna last Saturday after applying at 5 different places.

Missouri :mad: :mad: :mad:
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

dan1100 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:19 pm Not even close to eligible at 56.

I just managed to get my 85 yo mom her 1st Moderna last Saturday after applying at 5 different places.

Cross the border into Iowa. The Gov in her finite wisdom lowered to age to 18. Getting an appointment might be a bit of a headache now.
Il factotum
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

zekeb wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:28 pm
dan1100 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:19 pm Not even close to eligible at 56.

Cross the border into Iowa. The Gov in her finite wisdom lowered to age to 18. Getting an appointment might be a bit of a headache now.
That's about a 4 hour drive.

I was seriously considering trying to go to the FEMA Vaccineapalooza in Kansas City, which is about the same distance...
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

If you voted previously and your status has changed you can update it in the poll. I am impressed that so many of you have been proactive in getting appointments and vaccinations. The number who are ineligible should be dropping soon.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Reality Check wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:15 pm If you voted previously and your status has changed you can update it in the poll. I am impressed that so many of you have been proactive in getting appointments and vaccinations. The number who are ineligible should be dropping soon.
I’m about to give up being proactive. Blarg.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:47 pm :snippity:
I’m about to give up being proactive. Blarg.
Maybe we were just lucky? :shrug:
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

I got a call 90 minutes ago to schedule my first shot ... this Saturday!!!!!

:dance:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

I got the first dose of the Moderna vaccine this morning at the local Walmart. :biggrin:

Second dose is set for April 20th.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
insomnia

Post by insomnia »

Got the first dose of the Pfizer this afternoon :thumbsup:
Lani

Post by Lani »

Teens 16 & over can get the Pfizer vaccine if they are essential workers. Lots of kids here found jobs to support their families during the pandemic. Usually restaurants, fast food, and tourism related, with lots of contact with people. Their families are very relieved that their kids are vaccinated.

Other than 1st responders and essential workers, we're just at the 65 & over tier for vaccines. But given the large number of essential workers, a lot of people have been able to get it. The push is on to get all tourism workers vaccinated before the island reopens. (The one person who died here was a driver for a hotel. Several hotel workers became ill despite following all safety protocols.)
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Quick note from Australia:

Phase 1b starts on Monday: anyone over 70, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders over 55, health workers not in phase 1a, adults with underlying medical condition.

I'm in Phase 2b, but it almost looks like by the time we get there I'll be in 1b. Sheesh.

The Government's target was to have 4 million doses in arms by end of March. So far they have done 233,600.

That's a lot of doses to administer in the next two weeks. (ain't gonna happen)

Australia's Covid vaccine rollout: who's next, are you eligible and how to book an appointment
Has everybody heard about the bird?
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

I got mine on Sunday. The emergency phone tree system at work called me late Friday and said that they had 1,000 extra doses at a state-run location near the office to give out to over-55s (which I am). I signed up since the earliest appointment I could get near my house is about 4-5 weeks out.

It was incredibly professionally run. 8 lanes of traffic on a disused airport runway. National Guard troops manning each of 10 stations on the way to actually get the shot (verify appointment, check ID, log insurance information, validate waiver form, ...). After the shot, mandatory 15-minute wait to ensure no side effects. The kids in the Guard uniforms were polite, in good moods and glad to be helping. Took me about 1/2 hour to get through it including the 15 minute waiting period. They were easily capable of doing 500 shots per hour there, maybe more.

I got the single-dose J&J. Fewer side effects than my annual flu shot -- I couldn't detect any soreness at the injection site the next day. Nothing else, either.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I'll be fully vaxxed (both shots +2 weeks) for a month as of tomorrow. Got my second dose of the Pfizer on Feb 5. I'm an essential worker for an electric/water utility serving a state capital. We were the first Phase 1B to get the vaccine in the state.
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

When the Biden administration announced their goal of 100 million shots in 100 days I was hoping it wasn't a case of overpromising and under delivering. Now, it seems as though they calculated exactly how much they could get done. Competency is so attractive.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

FiveAcres wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:28 am When the Biden administration announced their goal of 100 million shots in 100 days I was hoping it wasn't a case of overpromising and under delivering. Now, it seems as though they calculated exactly how much they could get done. Competency is so attractive.
Yes, isn't it? :thumbsup:

It is good to see the number who are fully vaccinated climb in the poll above. :blissy:

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”