Coronavirus: Vaccines

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Re: Coronavirus: Vaccines

Post by LM K »

covfefe wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:33 pm Image
I'm quite pleased about this.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

But I can't get it here in Florida yet. Priorities.
covfefe wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:33 pm Image
Lani

Post by Lani »

A lot of good information is coming out about the one-shot J&J vaccine. Less people have a sore arm, fatigue, fever, headache and/or anaphylaxis.
The testing phase included new variants such as the South African one, while those variants weren't around when Moderna & Pfizer shots were tested. Also, J&J vax seemed to be less effective when compared to the other two. That was based on testing 28 days after the vaccination. Now there is new data that the J&J vaccine rises to more than 90% effective within a month and a half after vaccination.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Corps are starting to blow off DeSantis.

Walgreens is vaccinating teachers in FL in defiance of DeSantis as well.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Two thumbs up!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... -interpol/
First came the fake medical-grade masks and coronavirus tests. Now, a new threat has emerged, global police organization Interpol warns: fake doses of the coronavirus vaccine.

Interpol said Wednesday that police in China and South Africa have seized thousands of doses of fake vaccines — a cache it said was just the “tip of the iceberg.”

South African authorities recently seized 400 vials, which held around 2,400 doses, of counterfeit vaccines from a warehouse outside Johannesburg, Interpol said in a report Wednesday. The illicit stash also included fake 3M masks. South African officers apprehended three Chinese citizens and one Zambian national in relation to the raid.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Well this is good news.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

He loves this. Everything keeps depending on him. Barf.
raison de arizona

I guess Alito and Thomas pulled a Trump on the vax.
Lani

Post by Lani »

OUR NATION IS DOOMED.

"The death rate from the vaccination so far is almost if not higher than the death rate of Covid-19."
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

https://apnews.com/article/london-coron ... f50d4315db

Vaxi Taxi targets vaccine anxiety as UK minority uptake lags
The “Vaxi Taxi” that ferried Reid to his appointment and whisked him home again is just one initiative doctors and community organizers are promoting as they try to make sure everyone gets inoculated. While Britain has engineered one of the world’s most successful coronavirus vaccination programs, delivering at least one dose to more than 30% of its population, minority groups and deprived communities are lagging behind.

A recent survey commissioned by the Department of Health and Social Care found that just 72.5% of Black people in England either have received or would accept the vaccine. That compares with 87.6% for Asians and 92.6% for whites.

That disparity is the product of a variety of issues ranging from concerns about vaccine safety and past discrimination in Britain’s healthcare system to simple ones like transportation.

But community leaders are trying home-grown solutions to fill the gap.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

For a lot of us, making a trip to the pharmacy or clinic to get two shots is not a big deal. However, for working parents and folks living in areas where the nearest vaccination site is miles away, I think the option of having a single J&J shot available is fantastic. One shot and done!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Andy Slavitt
@aslavitt46
NEW: 2.9 million vaccines reported administered today, 20% above the last record.

Gratitude for all the vaccinators, volunteers, doctors, pharmacists, couriers, manufacturers, civil servants, and soldiers who are working together on this effort.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:28 pm Andy Slavitt
@aslavitt46
NEW: 2.9 million vaccines reported administered today, 20% above the last record.

Gratitude for all the vaccinators, volunteers, doctors, pharmacists, couriers, manufacturers, civil servants, and soldiers who are working together on this effort.
I can still imagine where we'd be if He Who I Shall Never Name again had won.
Lani

Post by Lani »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:32 pm
I can still imagine where we'd be if He Who I Shall Never Name again had won.
I know, right? Suddenly, no more shortages here. The J&J vaccine will be available on Monday, and lots more of the other 2 vax began flowing in last week. More vaccine sites are opened, including mobile clinics. All tourist industry people (and there's a lot) will be vaccinated by April 5, when the island reopens to tourism. Everything seems to be to be changing for the better, and people are feeling hopeful.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/06/politics ... index.html
(CNN)The release of Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine and its partnership with Merck means that President Joe Biden expects the US to have enough Covid-19 vaccines delivered to cover every adult by the end of May.

If Johnson & Johnson and fellow vaccine makers Moderna and Pfizer meet their vaccine pledges, the bigger question we may soon be facing isn't whether we have enough doses of Covid-19 vaccines, but whether people will actually take them.

Recent polling suggests a continued drop in the vaccine hesitant population as more and more people get vaccinated in the US.

The past two weeks alone, there were two polls that show just how much vaccine hesitancy has declined. The Kaiser Family Foundation poll found that 55% of adults say they now want a Covid-19 vaccine as soon as possible or have already received their first dose. That's up from 47% in January and 34% in December.

While the percentage of hardline "get it only if required" or "definitely not" has remained fairly consistent at or just north of 20%, the hesitant population of "wait and see how it's working" has dropped by nearly half during the last two months from 39% to 22%.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

My little country has RAMPED IT UP! From every two weeks clinics to the next four weeks at four clinics a week! I threw my name in the hat to volunteer as a registration person for all the upcoming clinics.

This county has a pop. of 40,000. Mostly rural. Lots of elderly and low-income folks. I just reached out to a neighbor who is my age but challenged and not engaged with news (except OAN, etc.). He has multiple medical issues. I asked if he was interested in getting vaccinated and he said yes, but he had not heard that he could. I signed him up. There's hope.
Lani

Post by Lani »

We're having some issues with the smartphone/computer system for vaccine appointments, so nice neighbors (like you) are checking on the kupuna (the oldz) to see if they have an appointment. Many of the them either don't have a cellphone, or they have an old basic one. No smartphones. I've read that this is a problem across the nation.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Mississippi (rightly) gets a bad rap for being at the bottom of everything, but in this one instance we seem to be doing things right. Within just a couple of weeks of the roll-out, when people were complaining about smartphone/computer woes, the hospital added a phone line. Another week or two of overloaded phone lines until they could add some, and things are running smoothly now. Schools, hospitals, clinics, the City, non-profit organizations, churches and programs for the elderly are all running vaccine events and many of them are providing not only sign-up assistance, but transportation. The city did a vaccination day at the convention center yesterday and administered over 2000 shots in about 6 hours. They had to postpone it twice until water was restored, but they got it done. Speaking of water, news reports say there are only about 5000 people in the city still without water and that should be restored by tomorrow.
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

With the ramping up of the vaccination programs across the nation I am starting to feel like I am living in what we used to quaintly describe as a first world nation again.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Take me out to the ballpark, vax me up with the crowd
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... story.html
THE BRONX — It was opening night at Yankee Stadium, and outside Gate 4, a young woman was making a maze of metal stanchions her stage.

“Yeah! We’re getting vac-cin-ated!” she sang, as “Thriller” blasted from her phone.

The ballpark has been a coronavirus vaccination clinic since February, but on Thursday it became just one of two mass-vaccination sites in New York City to stay open 24 hours a day, distributing the single-dose Johnson & Johnson shot through the wee hours.
Lani

Post by Lani »

FiveAcres wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:50 am With the ramping up of the vaccination programs across the nation I am starting to feel like I am living in what we used to quaintly describe as a first world nation again.
After I wrote about the difficulties of elders getting vaccine appointments (also people in poverty), I heard on the local news that high school students have set up phone banks for people with old cellphones and landlines. The students take the calls and arrange appointments for the callers and also check on transportation needs. There is no shortage of vaccines or locations to get them. :D Yes, finally, we are becoming a functional nation again.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Wow! So much good vaccine news this morning. :)

Nothing succeeds like success so maybe even some hardcore vaccine deniers may reconsider eventually.

Yes. I'm just a cockeyed optimist. :)
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Fully vaccinated people can gather without masks, CDC says

https://www.newschannel6now.com/2021/03 ... ntent=kauz
During a press briefing Monday, she called the guidance a “first step” toward restoring normalcy in how people come together. She said more activities would be ok’d for vaccinated individuals once caseloads and deaths decline, more Americans are vaccinated, and as more science emerges on the ability of those who have been vaccinated to get and spread the virus.

The CDC is continuing to recommend that fully vaccinated people still wear well-fitted masks, avoid large gatherings, and physically distance themselves from others when out in public. The CDC also advised vaccinated people to get tested if they develop symptoms that could be related to COVID-19.

Snip-

The CDC did not change its recommendations on travel, which discourages unnecessary travel and calls for getting tested within a few days of the trip. That could seem confusing to vaccinated people hoping to visit family across the country or abroad.

The new guidance also says nothing about going to restaurants or other places, even though governors are lifting restrictions on businesses, said Wen, an emergency physician and public health professor at George Washington University who was formerly Baltimore’s health commissioner.
A person is considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after the last required dose.
raison de arizona

Covid: Dalai Lama urges others to get vaccinated as he receives first shot
The Dalai Lama said vaccinations were necessary to "prevent some serious problems"

Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama has received his first dose of the coronavirus vaccine while urging others eligible to "take this injection".

"This is very very helpful, very good," he said as he was given the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab at a facility in the Indian city of Dharamsala on Saturday.

The Dalai Lama had enrolled himself to be vaccinated, officials said.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-56310274

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”