Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
bob

Re: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaccers, Etc.

Post by bob »

It appears Powell has/had various part-time jobs. One employer at a farmer's market wouldn't let her work without a mask.

But appears her primary benefactor is a small bookstore owned by fellow travelers. (They also were in DC.)
Image ImageImage
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I thought she was some sort of yoga instructor?
bob

Post by bob »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:19 pm I thought she was some sort of yoga instructor?
I believe that was one of her part-time gigs, yes.
Image ImageImage
slq

Post by slq »

I don't think there's any doubt that she knew her "mask" violated the order. The purpose of the order was clear -- to prevent her from spreading the virus (if she had it) to people outside her home. And the smirking photo shows she thought she was being too clever by half.
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
Lani

Post by Lani »

Prominent COVID conspiracy theorist dies of virus
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/conspira ... rder-dies/
A prominent Norwegian conspiracy theorist, who touted conspiracies about the coronavirus online, has died of the virus, according to multiple reports.

Hans Kristian Gaarder, 60, died on April 6, according to Insider. He was reportedly not tested for the coronavirus and hid his symptoms for several weeks before dying.

It was confirmed only after Gaarder’s death that he had the coronavirus, according to Metro.

Gaarder allegedly threw two illegal house parties—one on March 26 and another on March 27. It is said that more than a dozen people who attended the gatherings have since tested positive for the coronavirus.
I found more information about him on Wikipedia.
In 2009, he became known as one of three people who reported NRK and the National Institute of Public Health to the police "for conducting extreme fear propaganda and lies regarding swine flu " . [3] In addition to vaccine resistance, Gaarder engaged in topics such as hidden power structures and extraterrestrial life. [1] He believed he was being monitored by the authorities. In 2012, he participated in the TV program Trygdekontoret , in an episode entitled Conspiracy Theories . [4] In an interview the following year, he also claimed that he had been attacked with a radiation weapon by PST to plant thoughts in his head. [1]In addition to the Norwegian authorities and the international pharmaceutical industry, the Jesuit order and the Maltese order were among those Gaarder claimed were responsible for the world's evil and suffering. [1] He also stated that he had stopped reading newspapers and watching TV. [1]
https://no.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Kristian_Gaarder
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Ted Nugent tests positive for coronavirus after calling pandemic a ‘scam’
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 34274.html
Musician Ted Nugent has tested positive for coronavirus months after he said that the virus was “not a real pandemic”.

On Monday (19 April), Nugent revealed on Facebook Live that he had caught Covid-19, admitting that “everybody” told him that he shouldn’t announce his diagnosis.

“I have had flu symptoms for the last 10 days and I thought I was dying, just a clusterf***,” he said.

“Today is the 19th of April 2021 during clusterf*** pandemic... I was tested positive today. I got the Chinese s***.”

Describing his symptoms including a “stuffed-up head” and “body-aches”, Nugent continued: “My god, what a pain in the a**. I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days… So I was officially tested positive for Covid-19 today.”
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

I told Mrs. FRP about Ted Nugent, and she literally said "I hope he dies" before I could say exactly the same thing.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Well, my sister had her Come To Jesus moment with Covid this last month. She's a faithful Republican, member of the GOP in Boise Idaho, and a solid anti-masker Covid-is-the-flu-hoax believer.

Until March.

Now she's a convert. Somehow everyone in her whole local famdamly in spud miner country got it Q1 this year to one degree or another. Symptoms ranged from "no big deal" to "couldn't get out of bed for two weeks" and "raging migraines". Her SonIL may become a long hauler. His sense of taste and smell have not returned after almost a month. No deaths, but plenty of very sick people who were convinced it was a Nuthin Burger. Now they all want their shots. They wear their masks. They limit their outtings.

I guess if there were ever a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, this is it.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Nugent remains an anti-vaccer. No come to Jeebus for him. Yet. “Nobody knows what’s in it. If you can’t even honestly answer our questions of exactly what’s in it and why are you testing it on human beings and forcing it on people in such a short period of time.”
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Lani wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:36 am Nugent remains an anti-vaccer. No come to Jeebus for him. Yet. “Nobody knows what’s in it. If you can’t even honestly answer our questions of exactly what’s in it and why are you testing it on human beings and forcing it on people in such a short period of time.”
Yeah, hence Mrs. FRP and my shared sentiment of hoping COVID does the decent thing and bumps him off.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
tek

Post by tek »

Lani wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:36 am Nugent remains an anti-vaccer. No come to Jeebus for him. Yet. “Nobody knows what’s in it. If you can’t even honestly answer our questions of exactly what’s in it and why are you testing it on human beings and forcing it on people in such a short period of time.”
Like he would understand the ingredients?
It's not gonna be "1tsp cumin 1/4c brown sugar 1tb paprika"
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

We should start a meme that mRNA is really stem cells from fetal tissue. :blackeye:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

bill_g wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:20 am We should start a meme that mRNA is really stem cells from fetal tissue. :blackeye:
IIRC, that one is already out there.
101010 :towel:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

northland10 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:21 am
bill_g wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:20 am We should start a meme that mRNA is really stem cells from fetal tissue. :blackeye:
IIRC, that one is already out there.
Okay, well then, it's just saline cuz it's just the flu.
tek

Post by tek »

We should start a meme that it is made from the residues from a Budweiser factory.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Tell them it's made with adrenochrome!
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

:yeahthat:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

tek wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:34 am We should start a meme that it is made from the residues from a Budweiser factory.
That may actually encourage use.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

bill_g wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:23 am Well, my sister had her Come To Jesus moment with Covid this last month. She's a faithful Republican, member of the GOP in Boise Idaho, and a solid anti-masker Covid-is-the-flu-hoax believer.

Until March.

Now she's a convert. Somehow everyone in her whole local famdamly in spud miner country got it Q1 this year to one degree or another. Symptoms ranged from "no big deal" to "couldn't get out of bed for two weeks" and "raging migraines". Her SonIL may become a long hauler. His sense of taste and smell have not returned after almost a month. No deaths, but plenty of very sick people who were convinced it was a Nuthin Burger. Now they all want their shots. They wear their masks. They limit their outtings.

I guess if there were ever a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, this is it.
This tale heartens me. I've been struggling with the "okay, so die" response to anti-vaxxers/COVIDiots. Not because I feel the sentiment is beneath me, but because people in the family circle will suffer too. Now I can imagine anti-vaxxers and their pods getting wicked sick and seeing the light.

I suspect the conversion rate will be quite slow, though. Gonna be an interesting fall, when we see just who it is (meaning, by name and local rather than by political views) that refuses to get vaxxed.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

My sister has had both her Pfizer jabs, so I feel she's pretty safe. She's married to a RWNJ evangelical who says no shot for him. She has a lot of medical issues and rarely goes out anyway, but he goes out frequently, although he does wear a mask. I'm waiting to hear he has it, but so far he has lucked out. I don't think it would matter at all with him, no matter how sick he would get.

I have a niece who refuses to get it, too, and she's not RWNJ. I'm hoping for a change of heart there at some point.

Yeah, if Nugent shuffled off this mortal coil from Covid, that might be the best thing he ever did if it moved other RWNJs to think about their decision. Just kidding.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Nugent shamelessly poaches animals and encourages others. His contribution to society is negative, and his “celebrity” outweighs his “talent.” Whatever that was.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:52 am Nugent shamelessly poaches animals and encourages others. His contribution to society is negative, and his “celebrity” outweighs his “talent.” Whatever that was.
:thumbsup:

I'm not kidding about Nugent. I'm kidding about RWNJs learning from anything that doesn't affect them personally.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Sprout occasionally comes into the living room with his freshly folded laundry while I’m watching tv.
“Wanna see my new shirt?”
“Sure”
(I fall for it every time.)
He’ll hold up a Ted Nugent T-shirt and I’ll throw the nearest (small) thing at hand at it.

He runs off cackling.

I can’t wait to tell him! :mrgreen:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Republicans Blame Biden for Making Millions of Americans’ Arms Hurt
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowit ... -arms-hurt
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:52 am Nugent shamelessly poaches animals and encourages others. His contribution to society is negative, and his “celebrity” outweighs his “talent.” Whatever that was.
He plays the bully the left game and by poaching the "nobody tells me what to do." This is the reason for his RW celebrity. They like those they think are "fighters." Of course, fighters in their book are bullies and thugs.
101010 :towel:

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”