Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
sugar magnolia

Re: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaccers, Etc.

Post by sugar magnolia »

The local John Deere has, for many, many years, offered the flu vaccine to all employees, free of charge. If they choose to take it and get sick anyway, all time off is paid and not charged against sick leave. If you opt out and catch the flu, it's all on you. Burn up sick leave, unpaid time off, whatever, and the additional cost of going back to the doctor to get cleared to come back to work. They have had 100% participation every year and are doing the same with the Covid vaccines.
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:47 pm The local John Deere has, for many, many years, offered the flu vaccine to all employees, free of charge. If they choose to take it and get sick anyway, all time off is paid and not charged against sick leave. If you opt out and catch the flu, it's all on you. Burn up sick leave, unpaid time off, whatever, and the additional cost of going back to the doctor to get cleared to come back to work. They have had 100% participation every year and are doing the same with the Covid vaccines.
Wonderful idea! Wish more companies did that.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:47 pm The local John Deere has, for many, many years, offered the flu vaccine to all employees, free of charge. If they choose to take it and get sick anyway, all time off is paid and not charged against sick leave. If you opt out and catch the flu, it's all on you. Burn up sick leave, unpaid time off, whatever, and the additional cost of going back to the doctor to get cleared to come back to work. They have had 100% participation every year and are doing the same with the Covid vaccines.
That is brilliant!
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Seen on FB:
They finally unblinded me from the double-blind vax study, and informed me I got the real Vax (2nd shot back on Jan 26th) I knew it the whole time from how my immune system reacted and how my 5G improved. 😂
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Telegram group. Don't believe it but they are all thrilled and commenting how wonderful this is.
Pepe Lives Matter 🐸, [14.04.21 13:10]
[Forwarded from Angela Seale]
I went to a new doctor (urologist) yesterday. Brilliant guy. Did his residency at the Mayo Clinic. We got on the subject of masks and I told him I believe they don’t work. He immediately took his mask off. Me too. We talked all about how there is no science behind any of it. He applauded me for not getting the vax. He said his relatives could not understand why he was against it. At the end of the visit, I extended my hand. He got so excited and shook it very enthusiastically. I said I could just hug you. So he opened his arms wide and I hugged this total stranger for a good minute. We n that moment I knew there was hope for this world. I almost hope I have a kidney stone just so I can go back to see him.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Hi, guys. I just made up this fake story. Awesome.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

"Share this with everyone you know!"
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
tek

Post by tek »

Alice in Urologyland
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Thank God and Jesus and Dominos Pizza and Led Zepplin it's just the flu. Rock on America!!!!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... d-variants
Peddlers of industrial bleach who urge Americans to drink the fluid as a “miracle cure” for cancer, HIV/Aids and other diseases have begun touting the product illegally as a treatment for the latest variants of Covid-19.

Chlorine dioxide, a powerful bleaching agent used in textile and paper manufacturing, is being compounded and sold out of a makeshift laboratory in Miami, Florida. The company, Oclo Nanotechnology Science, is playing on fears of the new strain of the coronavirus discovered in the UK, which is now spreading rapidly and widely through the US.

The UK variant, B117, is thought to be more transmissible and deadly than the initial form of the virus.

The Miami company is invoking B117 to drive up sales of its bleach products, which the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns are potentially dangerous and can be life-threatening. The front page of Oclo’s website is dominated by a photograph of vials of its chlorine dioxide product billed as an “antiviral” treatment.

The image is superimposed with the words: “B117 … new variant of coronavirus, the most contagious and dangerous in the United States. Rescuing chlorine dioxide and its great curative potential against pathogens.”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

Maybe some of the stupid states, like Oklahoma, which spent $2 million on hydroxychloroquine, will be able to unload some of their eleventy bazillion doses. If bleach is making a big comeback, why not trump’s other fave cure for COVID-19?
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

A flakey friend, an anti-vaxxer, emailed me today to say that her yoga studio will not allow anyone to even come in the door without proof of vaccination. My friend (we don’t hang out much these days) was outraged, but at the same time started searching for a vaccine appointment on the earliest possible date. If this is what it takes to get people vaccinated, I’m fine with it. :thumbsup:
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

For certain, this way she may avoid the yoga asana called “downward facing corpse.” 8-)
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

roadscholar wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:10 pm For certain, this way she may avoid the yoga asana called “downward facing corpse.” 8-)
:lol: :winner:

I’m very much afraid that I’m going to steal your line and pass it on to my yoga-addicted, former-anti-vaxxer, and likely soon-to-be former friend. :hemademe:
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:19 pm https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/ ... 39815?s=21
Ryan J. Reilly
@ryanjreilly
When setting Rachel Powell’s conditions of release, Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell said Powell “must wear a mask whenever she leaves her residence.”

So Powell, who was an anti-masker before she stormed the Capitol, is wearing a mesh mask to her workplace. #bullhornlady
She and her lawyer done messed up.

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

https://www.salon.com/2021/04/16/donald ... s_partner/
Arnett Thomas is a convicted murderer who had spent two decades in prison before being released in 2000. Now 71-years-old and living in government housing, the New Jersey resident is suing Donald Trump over the massive death toll from coronavirus, NewJersey.com reports.

"The former president literally became the very domestic enemy to the Constitution he swore to defend," Thomas wrote in his lawsuit that now includes more than 75 co-plaintiffs.

"The point of all of this is how Trump dealt with the pandemic. He drove people to dying," Thomas said, who is seeking $1 trillion from Trump as a punishment for the nearly 570,000 deaths in America. He also suing for the "ancillary economic and psychological problems for many others who lost jobs or fell into a deep depression from too much home confinement," according to NewJersey.com.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Minnesota man accused of dragging, assaulting police officer in mask dispute
The officer responded to a call for help at a Menards where the suspect allegedly attacked an employee with a piece of lumber following a mask dispute.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ma ... d_nn_tw_ma
Police were called to a Menards store on Wednesday after the suspect, identified as Luke Alvin Oeltjenbruns, allegedly attacked an employee with lumber amid a mask dispute, the Hutchinson Police Department said in a statement. When police arrived, they found Oeltjenbruns in a nearby Walmart parking lot, police said.

As the officer, Steven Sickmann, approached, Oeltjenbruns tried to evade him in a slow-speed car chase that ended near a local mall, police said. When Sickmann exited his vehicle to confront Oeltjenbruns, he became trapped in the driver's-side window of Oeltjenbruns' car.

Oeltjenbruns then took off, dragging Sickmann down the road at a high speed, according to police. The officer was also struck with a hammer in the struggle.

Police eventually apprehended Oeltjenbruns, who was arrested at the scene, police said. Sickmann was taken to a nearby hospital and treated for his injuries.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
filly

Post by filly »

White perp uninjured in aggravated assault on cop in MN.
LM K

Post by LM K »

dan1100 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:07 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:19 pm https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/ ... 39815?s=21
Ryan J. Reilly
@ryanjreilly
When setting Rachel Powell’s conditions of release, Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell said Powell “must wear a mask whenever she leaves her residence.”

So Powell, who was an anti-masker before she stormed the Capitol, is wearing a mesh mask to her workplace. #bullhornlady
She and her lawyer done messed up.

Question. Powell obviously flouted the spirit of her conditions for relief. However, the judge's ruling wasn't specific about what constitutes a mask.

I absolutely agree with the judge's order to show cause; no reasonable person would think that a mesh mask complies with the pre-trial release condition.

So, because the judge wasn't explicit about what constitutes a mask, what is likely to happen?

Powell is an idiot. I wouldn't risk going into pre-trial detention over a mask. That's just bizarre.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Privilege.

The attorney claims he never said no such thing.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Powell homeschools her 8 children and is screwing around with a pre-trial release order?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

LM K wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:41 pm Powell homeschools her 8 children and is screwing around with a pre-trial release order?
Yep. Privilege. Poor kids.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:27 pm The attorney claims he never said no such thing.
Translation: "My client is lying, your honor. She's a lying liar who lies."

Ouchy. :(
Some things are simply too fast or relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.
Or the future.
bob

Post by bob »

LM K wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:12 pmQuestion. Powell obviously flouted the spirit of her conditions for relief. However, the judge's ruling wasn't specific about what constitutes a mask.

I absolutely agree with the judge's order to show cause; no reasonable person would think that a mesh mask complies with the pre-trial release condition.

So, because the judge wasn't explicit about what constitutes a mask, what is likely to happen?
In a different situation, the attorney would "explain" (read: coach) the defendant on how to appear contrite. So, basically theater: Defendant apologizes, judge lectures, attorney gives assurances this won't be a problem again.

I don't know if Powell has that in her.

There's something called the "rule of lenity": If a law (or order) prohibiting a behavior is vague or unclear, due process requires giving the defendant the benefit of the doubt.

Too also: Powell lives in Pennsylvania, which has a mask order. The Pennsylvania order specifies "face covering," which is defined as covering the nose and mouth. And Powell lives near Ohio, which has a similar order.

So the exact wording of the judge's order may become important. If Powell was ordered to obey all laws (and that is a common order), then her violating Pennsylvania's (or Ohio's) mask order may be sufficient, regardless of how the judge may (or may not) have defined "mask."
Image ImageImage
LM K

Post by LM K »

bob wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:19 pm
LM K wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:12 pmQuestion. Powell obviously flouted the spirit of her conditions for relief. However, the judge's ruling wasn't specific about what constitutes a mask.

In a different situation, the attorney would "explain" (read: coach) the defendant on how to appear contrite. So, basically theater: Defendant apologizes, judge lectures, attorney gives assurances this won't be a problem again.

I don't know if Powell has that in her.

There's something called the "rule of lenity": If a law (or order) prohibiting a behavior is vague or unclear, due process requires giving the defendant the benefit of the doubt.

Too also: Powell lives in Pennsylvania, which has a mask order. The Pennsylvania order specifies "face covering," which is defined as covering the nose and mouth. And Powell lives near Ohio, which has a similar order.

So the exact wording of the judge's order may become important. If Powell was ordered to obey all laws (and that is a common order), then her violating Pennsylvania's (or Ohio's) mask order may be sufficient, regardless of how the judge may (or may not) have defined "mask."
Thank you, Bob!

I just read the PA mask order. It links to the CDC page about what is or is not a mask. The OH page doesn't, but still, we all know what a mask is.

One way to crack down on Powell is to report her employer to the appropriate authorities. In OR, that's OSHA. Different states have different reporting rules.

I have no qualms about reporting any business that doesn't comply with state mandates. I hope Powell's ass is fired. I don't understand why she still has a job.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”