Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
MN-Skeptic

Re: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaccers, Etc.

Post by MN-Skeptic »

My Norwegian last name starts with "Tv". My brother is Dr. T to his patients.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... p_politics
Trump appointees in the Health and Human Services department last year privately touted their efforts to block or alter scientists’ reports on the coronavirus to more closely align with then-President Donald Trump’s more optimistic messages about the outbreak, according to newly released documents from congressional investigators.

The documents provide further insight into how senior Trump officials approached last year’s explosion of coronavirus cases in the United States. Even as career government scientists worked to combat the virus, a cadre of Trump appointees were attempting to blunt the scientists’ messages, edit their findings and equip the president with an alternate set of talking points.

Then-science adviser Paul Alexander wrote to then-HHS public affairs chief Michael Caputo on Sept. 9, 2020, touting two examples of where he said officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had bowed to his pressure and changed language in their reports, according to an email obtained by the House’s select subcommittee on the coronavirus outbreak.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

"I've yet to see any expression or significant expression on her regret on the impact it had on the victim in this case." Duval County Circuit Court Judge James Ruth
https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/ ... 8a4ea559a1
Before giving his sentence, Ruth said he was concerned with the suspect's lack of remorse for the victim.
Woman who intentionally coughed on a cancer patient sentenced to 30 days in jail.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Ryan J. Reilly
@ryanjreilly
When setting Rachel Powell’s conditions of release, Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell said Powell “must wear a mask whenever she leaves her residence.”

So Powell, who was an anti-masker before she stormed the Capitol, is wearing a mesh mask to her workplace. #bullhornlady
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

I do not support punching someone in the mouth..

But that smirk of hers... :(
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Dave from down under wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:29 pm I do not support punching someone in the mouth..

But that smirk of hers... :(
The judge may well wipe it off.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I was thinking she was asking to be slapped, but punching works.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Yeah, about that COVIDIOT that coughed on the lady...

'Oh my!' | Duval judge watches video for first time of Debra Hunter coughing on Pier 1 customer before handing down jail sentence
"I've yet to see any expression or significant expression on her regret on the impact it had on the victim in this case." Duval County Circuit Court Judge James Ruth

Published: 12:08 PM EDT April 9, 2021
Updated: 12:28 PM EDT April 9, 2021

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Duval County Circuit Court Judge James Ruth spent the last few days listening to testimony in the case of an irate Jacksonville woman who intentionally coughed in the face of a customer at a St. Johns Town Center store. Before handing down his sentence Thursday on Debra Hunter for what she did that day in June 2020, Ruth said he is not on social media and never saw the full viral video of Hunter coughing in Heather Sprague's face. Prior to viewing the video for the first time and sentencing Hunter to 30 days in Duval County jail, Ruth listened to about a handful of family and friends of Hunter, including her husband, who testified that her actions in the store were an aberration.

An emotional Hunter also read a letter to the court about how her mistake negatively impacted her life and the lives of her family and friends. Ruth was clearly shocked when her heard testimony from Sprague, a brain tumor patient at the time of the assault, in her words about what Hunter did to her. "She said 'I think I'll get real close to you and cough on you, how about that?'" Sprague told the judge. "She said those words?" Ruth asked. "Yes, your honor," Sprague said then describing Hunter's hand gestures to her before the assault.

"I believe the kids call it 'flipping me off' or the 'double bird'," she said to Ruth who seemed surprised. "OK, excuse me, a double bird?" he asked. After Sprague finished her statements, Ruth said, "I want to see the video." The prosecution then played First Coast News' YouTube video of Hunter's assault. "Oh my!" Ruth said. "So that's what you said? A double flip?" "I believe that's what they call it your honor," Sprague said. Before giving his sentence, Ruth said he was concerned with the suspect's lack of remorse for the victim. "We heard how it changed her life ... she's getting nasty grams on Facebook and things of that nature and can't go to the country club or where ever ... but I've yet to see any expression or significant expression on her regret on the impact it had on the victim in this case," Ruth said.
https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/ ... 8a4ea559a1

Beginning of hearing:

Hunter talks about how bad it was -- for her family.

Here's the video with the judge. Originally she wasn't getting jail time:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
slq

Post by slq »

scirreeve wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:21 am Bryan, the Ammo videographer, was denied dental care cuz he is an asshole and won't wear a mask (he is also not right in the head).
Quite the "investigative journalist" who doesn't document the names of the people he supposedly spoke with. :fingerwag:
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
In another late-night ruling, the Supreme Court on Friday blocked another California coronavirus restriction on religious gatherings, saying the state’s limits on home-based Bible study and prayer sessions violated constitutional rights.

The 5-to-4 order on an emergency petition illustrates how a new majority on the court — with Justice Amy Coney Barrett playing a decisive role — is now in control when the court considers if pandemic-related restrictions cross the line to endanger religious rights.

Constitutional protections are implicated any time a state treats “any comparable secular activity more favorably than religious exercise,” the majority wrote. “It is no answer that a state treats some comparable secular businesses or other activities as poorly as or even less favorably than the religious exercise at issue."

In this case, the majority said, gatherings of more than three households were banned at prayer meetings in homes even though California permits “hair salons, retail stores, personal care services, movie theaters, private suites at sporting events and concerts, and indoor restaurants to bring together more than three households at a time.”
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Justice Barrett showing her inner theocrat. And I never want to hear her prate on about the "sanctity of life" ever again.

Things that generate economic activity have more social utility than houses of worship. This isn't hard. As Benjamin Franklin said, "Lighthouses are more useful than churches."
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Ammon’s ally, an anti masker, Ada commissioner, might get burnt.. serves him right

https://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article/new ... ac81125f30
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Dave from down under wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:56 pm Ammon’s ally, an anti masker, Ada commissioner, might get burnt.. serves him right

https://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article/new ... ac81125f30
Idaho - they are nutz there.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 173918002/
Nearly 40% of Marines decline COVID-19 vaccine, prompting some Democrats to urge Biden to set mandate for military
bob

Post by bob »

As always with Gallups, "if" is doing all the work.
Image ImageImage
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

bob wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:47 pm
As always with Gallups, "if" is doing all the work.
Um.. don't many vaccines contain some part of the virus or at least some of the proteins? Wouldn't that mean that, by default, they are injecting you with the DNA from the virus that has as a survival rate that is likely better than COVID? Not to mention, it is not the survival rate but the infection rate that made COVID so deadly. I don't think telling the families of half a million who died about the survival rate will be of much help.

Many on the right are looking for Satan everywhere among the left while completely missing works of the devil which tell people what their itching ears want to hear.
101010 :towel:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I’m not sure what that “survival rate“ is based on but the percentage of fatalities based on Worldometer’s “total cases” and “total deaths” for the USA is just over 1.8%, and has been for some time.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

ETA. Whilst extremely unlikely, if this percentage were applied to the entire population it would equate to just under 6 million dead.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/pete-but ... 17346.html
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg on Sunday encouraged evangelical Christians who are reluctant to get vaccinated against COVID-19 to consider that the shots might be a “part of God’s plan.”

“State of the Union” host Jake Tapper asked Buttigieg, an Episcopalian, about the large portion of white evangelicals who say they won’t get a COVID-19 vaccine. About 40% of white evangelical Protestants said they likely would not get vaccinated, according to a poll conducted last month, compared to about 25% of all Americans, 28% of white mainline Protestants and 27% of Protestants who are not white.

“I’ve heard people I care about saying, you know, ‘If I’m faithful, God’s going to take care of me,’” Buttigieg said. “And I guess what I would hope that they might consider is that maybe a vaccine is part of God’s plan for how you’re going to take care of yourself.”
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Uninformed wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:50 pm I’m not sure what that “survival rate“ is based on but the percentage of fatalities based on Worldometer’s “total cases” and “total deaths” for the USA is just over 1.8%, and has been for some time.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

ETA. Whilst extremely unlikely, if this percentage were applied to the entire population it would equate to just under 6 million dead.
And, like I tell my sister, it's not waking up dead from the virus which scares me. It's the possibility of ending up with horrible symptoms for months or for even the rest of my life. I can live with dying. I can't live with permanent suffering.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Cat Scratch Fever dude says stoopid shit again (of course). Video in the link.
:snippity: “We are not waiting for any authorization from any bureaucratic entity to say, ‘you can go ahead and tour now.’ You know, this year’s tour is canceled again. Are you kidding me? The production companies won’t let us tour again this year,” said Nugent. “Dirty, bastards, lying, scam, smoke and mirrors, COVID-19 freaks.”

And at the 2:20 mark, the 72-year-old asked his viewers the following:

You know, I guess I would ask you — because I’m addicted to truth, logic and common sense — and my common-sense meter would demand the answer to why weren’t we shut down for COVID one through 18?

COVID-1 — and there was a COVID 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 — COVID one through 18 didn’t shut anything down but woah, COVID-19! :snippity:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ted-n ... ovid-1-18/
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

:torches:
The Atlantic: Vaccine Refusal Will Come at a Cost—For All of Us
People who refuse to get the COVID-19 vaccine will have higher health-care costs. The rest of us will foot the bill.

Imagine it’s 2026. A man shows up in an emergency room, wheezing. He’s got pneumonia, and it’s hitting him hard. He tells one of the doctors that he had COVID-19 a few years earlier, in late 2021. He had refused to get vaccinated, and ended up contracting the coronavirus months after most people got their shots. Why did he refuse? Something about politics, or pushing back on government control, or a post he saw on Facebook. He doesn’t really remember. His lungs do, though: By the end of the day, he’s on a ventilator.

You’ll pay for that man’s decisions. So will I. We all will—in insurance premiums, if he has a plan with your provider, or in tax dollars, if the emergency room he goes to is in a public hospital. The vaccine refusers could cost us billions. Maybe more, over the next few decades, with all the complications they could develop. And we can’t do anything about it except hope that more people get their shots than those who say they will right now.

If the 30 percent of Americans who are telling pollsters they won’t get vaccinated follow through, the costs of their decisions will pile up. The economy could take longer to get back to full speed, and once it does, it could get shut down again by outbreaks. Variants will continue to spread, and more people will die. Each COVID-19 case requires weeks of costly rehabilitation. Even after the pandemic fades, millions of vaccine refusers could turn into hundreds of thousands of patients who need extra care, should they come down with the disease. Their bet that they’ve outsmarted the coronavirus or their insistence that Anthony Fauci and Bill Gates were trying to trick them will not stop them from going to the doctor when they’re having trouble breathing, dealing with extreme fatigue, or struggling with other lasting effects of COVID-19. (A new study found that 34 percent of COVID-19 survivors are diagnosed with a neurological or psychological condition within six months of recovering from the initial illness.)
I'm not normally a fan of insurance companies doing this, but I'm rather hoping they start putting their foot down about getting vaccinated at some point. Either premium reductions for people who are vaccinated or hikes for people who refuse for no good reason would be a good place to start meaningfully distributing the real economic cost of vaccine denial.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:bangwall:

“Poll shows vast majority of Republicans trust Trump for medical advice over CDC, Biden and Fauci”:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 29784.html
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Uninformed wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:08 am :bangwall:

“Poll shows vast majority of Republicans trust Trump for medical advice over CDC, Biden and Fauci”:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 29784.html
America is doomed. :(
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:16 am
America is doomed. :(
All empires crumble and fade...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”