Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

have you received your vaccine yet?

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: have you received your vaccine yet?

Post by Foggy »

My boys got their first Moderna yesterday, and will get the second one on 4/30. :thumbsup:
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Woo hoo.

Got #1

In the post shot waiting area.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

My second shot is this Thursday.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Foggy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:40 am My boys got their first Moderna yesterday, and will get the second one on 4/30. :thumbsup:
Alex?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, or whatever he calls himself this week.

He's probably going to UNC Chapel Hill in the fall. New name opportunity! :daydreaming: :doh:
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
slq

Post by slq »

Approximately 24 hours since I got my first Pfizer, and it looks like I'll be in the mildly-sore-arm-only club. Hurts a bit when I move it or touch it, but otherwise I'm fine.
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

slq wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:02 pm Approximately 24 hours since I got my first Pfizer, and it looks like I'll be in the mildly-sore-arm-only club. Hurts a bit when I move it or touch it, but otherwise I'm fine.
Me, too, so far. (It is now a little over 24 hours since my second Pfizer.) I have a lot of shoulder pain at the best of times, and I am not seeing a big difference unless I touch the injection area. I have had much worse reactions to tetanus shots. My first jab also left a sore to the touch area.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Got my first Pfizer last Monday. Just a sore bicep like any other jab; but it's weird because I didn't even feel the injection.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I liked a suggestion I saw on Twitter. Besides taking a photo of your vaccination card (which I had done), the tweet suggested that you also email that photo to yourself so you have it in your inbox.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:40 am My boys got their first Moderna yesterday, and will get the second one on 4/30. :thumbsup:
The boys are 19 and 22 or something? They qualify up there?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

neonzx wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:41 am
The boys are 19 and 22 or something? They qualify up there?
No, they don't qualify. :blackeye:

BUT, you gotta consider the Wifehorn Factor.

See, she wants them to be vaccinated so they can visit their grandfather. So everybody better get out of her way, and then nobody will get hurt.

She went to get her hair done last week, and she was talking to her hairdresser, and the hairdresser's cousin is a registered nurse, who has been going around to retirement homes and stuff, and she comes home with a few extra doses available ...

And my boys are now vaccinated, and I think they will qualify in a week or so.

Never underestimate the Wifehorn Factor. :whistle:

Or the future.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:03 am No, they don't qualify. :blackeye:

:snippity:

Never underestimate the Wifehorn Factor. :whistle:
I'm glad they are getting vaccinations, even if it's off-the-books. Seriously.
And I'm also still laughing out loud of your reply. "Wifehorn Factor"
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

My husband got his first shot yesterday. Reports that he can definitely feel a sore bicep, no other issues.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I am so happy that we are all getting it!

I like how the pope and President Biden said. The vaccine is a MORAL obligation!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I got my shot of one and done J&J today. The state opened up vaccines to 60 and up on the first, and Monday was the first time I tried to make an appointment. SOL at Rite-aid, etc. King County website had a list of options and still no luck until I picked the one they have at Auburn's Outlet Mall (once called Supermall. I registered for an appointment and settled down for a long wait, but I was real surprised to find an email early Tuesday morning telling me to go to link and pick a date/time. First option was Wednesday (today) at 1PM and I nabbed it. I even showed up for my appointment about 25 minutes early and they said come on in, show your appointment scan code and your ID and boom, they stuck it in my arm, rested for my 15 minutes and off I went in 30 minutes.

They said *business* might uptick once it's opened for everyone, but so far it was busy, but not crazy crowded. Easy on and off freeway as long as you don't try 167 during peak traffic hours. Appointments required, but I did ask and she said City of Seattle residents, residents of other counties are welcome.

So many firefighters helping out sticking vaccines in arms :faint:
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

I posted this in the wrong thread, so I'm moving the comment here!

Just received my 2nd Pfizer jab an hour ago.

The itching is getting intense, even though I took a handful of antihistamines before my jab. I took extra antihistamines yesterday, too. I can use prednisone tomorrow for the itching. My arm already hurts, but no badly. I'm already exhausted. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Doctors are hypothesizing that those who have strong reactions are likely folks that would have developed severe covid symptoms. There's no research on that hypothesis, but I find the hypothesis interesting.

My doc said my previous reaction was an allergic reaction, but that it was safe to get my 2nd jab. I was so relieved!

I'm so grateful for the scientists who worked tirelessly to develop these vaccines. I extremely grateful to have a pro-science administration.

I was so excited this morning. It was as if I was on meth. Excitement + absurd levels of antihistamines make me 🥜.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras »

Got my 2nd Pfizer injection on Monday. Fortunately no side-effects. Took a lot of effort to get set up for vaccinations.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

I posted at length on the vaccination status poll thread, so I won't rehash here except to say that I was not feeling great yesterday after my second dose on Friday morning. Fell asleep at 7 PM after barely sleeping at all the night before. Now it's 2 AM and the chills and aches have returned, so I'm waiting for the aspirin to kick in, at which point hopefully I'll sleep some more.

This is all very much in keeping with my immune system's oeuvre. I jokingly refer to it as the Maginot Line, because it seems very impressive, and I tend to never get just a little bit sick. I either fend off whatever it is without much trouble, or it's utter disaster and I'm flat on my ass for days. There is no middle ground.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

My husband is exactly the same way, frp. The second Pfizer knocked him on his ass.

I go for my second Pfizer today at noon.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I received my second Pfizer shot yesterday and feel like I've been hit by a truck. I had only one symptom that I ever noticed from the first shot, and that was a sore arm. Every muscle in my body aches. I feel like I have a full on flu. I sure hope the symptoms only last as long as my symptoms lasted from the first shot. But so glad I am done with it.

:fiesta: :banana: :groupdance:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

RVInit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:48 am I received my second Pfizer shot yesterday and feel like I've been hit by a truck. I had only one symptom that I ever noticed from the first shot, and that was a sore arm. Every muscle in my body aches. I feel like I have a full on flu. I sure hope the symptoms only last as long as my symptoms lasted from the first shot. But so glad I am done with it.

:fiesta: :banana: :groupdance:
That describes how I felt. It was gone by sunset on the day after. Ibuprofen helped. Good luck!
Lani

Post by Lani »

Cross posting:

CNN)The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the US Food and Drug Administration are recommending that the United States pause the use of Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine over six reported US cases of a "rare and severe" type of blood clot.

This is a breaking news story.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

Post by Lani »

I'm posting the new info on J&J that's coming in on Coronavirus: Vaccines.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

#2 Pfizer. About to head home. This time got a card and a sticker. I picked the patriotic one. 😼
tek

Post by tek »

Moderna-2 in one hour

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”