Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

have you received your vaccine yet?

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Azastan
Verified:

Re: have you received your vaccine yet?

Post by Azastan »

slq wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:39 pm
Azastan wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:56 am
slq wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:12 am
Midnight worked. Snagged an appointment at Fred Hutch for Friday morning April 2!
Excellent!
This is huge because I can now book a trip to see my grandkids! My son and daughter-in-law got their first doses a week or so ago and will receive their second dose well before I arrive. Because they live in another state and how I planned my visit, I last visited in October 2019. I will be there for my granddaughter's 16th birthday!!
:cheer1: :cheer1: :cheer1:
:lovestruck: :bighug:

Awesome!
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Just had jab #2, Moderna. Waiting the 15 minutes before I leave Walmart and drive home. :blissy:
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Again and again, this is my Happy Thread. Reading about everyone who is excited to get an appointment, get the vaccines, relatively few side effects and the happiness is wonderful. These kind of reactions are why I absolutely love volunteering for our local vaccine clinics. A free fantastic lunch and awesome mask with inserts was the cherry on top.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I mentioned before but I've had a respiratory viral infection (non-COVID). I think, as of today (~6weeks), it is done -- but I am totally exhausted. I'm going to rebuild my strength and stamina then schedule for the jab/stab in a couple weeks.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Looking for our Fogbow gang "Have You Been Vaccinated?" poll and can't find it. Did it get smooshed in the Great Crash of 2021, or am I blind? It's so interesting to watch the percentages change.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

That's awesome, slq! So happy midnight worked!
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
slq

Post by slq »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:15 am
neonzx wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:46 am
Why does he want the vaccine if he thinks the virus is a scam? :?
So sorry it's not as easy to pick up as a happy meal from McDs.
If we had adults in charge when this pandemic began, it might have been that easy now.... :bored:
Can you imagine the vaccine process with the former guy? I shudder to think.
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
slq

Post by slq »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:22 pm That's awesome, slq! So happy midnight worked!
:blissy:
--Yoda
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

slq wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:12 pm
Can you imagine the vaccine process with the former guy? I shudder to think.
Best not to... :hide:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Don't forget to update the vaccination status poll - https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=332
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Thanks, MN! :thumbsup:
Lani

Post by Lani »

WOW! All Kauai residents 16yo and up can now be vaccinated. The computer system is working well, sites have opened all over the island, and you can choose a clinic with the vaccine of your choice!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

neonzx wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:46 am
bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:06 am One of my collegues is conflusterated with the process of getting an appointment in Oregon. He doesn't want to go downtown through the Civic Center. He would prefer to go to Fred Meyers just down the road from his house, but has not successfully navigated their website. He's been quite vocal about the virus being a scam. Now he wants a jab, and is disappointed it isn't as easy as MacDonalds. :schadenfreud:
Why does he want the vaccine if he thinks the virus is a scam? :?
So sorry it's not as easy to pick up as a happy meal from McDs.
Great question. Though it's an easy contradiction, I chose not to tug that thread, and instead aimed him towards GetVaccinated.Oregon.Gov. I pointed out it took them several weeks, but I eventually got an appointment. Patience is required.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

FiveAcres wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:46 am I kind-of sympathize with your colleague: the frustration with scheduling an appointment, not the virus as scam thing. I was so frustrated when I tried to schedule an appointment the day my age tier opened up that I gave up. However, I did put my name on several lists which was time consuming since I had to provide basic contact information using inadequate online systems. Four days later I tried again and scheduled an early morning appointment at a Walmart a week out. Two hours later one of the lists told me I was scheduled for an appointment two days out for Pfizer. I cancelled the Walmart appt.

I am now getting notifications from other providers but there is no automated way to tell them that I am already in the process with another provider. Two more days until my second jab.
I'm glad you stuck it out, and got your appt. I think how it's rolling out right now is marvelous, and nothing short of a miracle. I am grateful for the gigantic human effort involved.
slq

Post by slq »

Just got my first Pfizer jab at Fred Hutch cancer center (not as a patient - just a vaccine site). The shot was painless. I’m in the observation area for 30 mins due to history of anaphylaxis and vasovagal reaction. But neither if those has surfaced. 10 minutes to go. Second dose is scheduled for 3 weeks out. :thumbsup:
--Yoda
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

slq wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:55 pm Just got my first Pfizer jab at Fred Hutch cancer center (not as a patient - just a vaccine site). The shot was painless. I’m in the observation area for 30 mins due to history of anaphylaxis and vasovagal reaction. But neither if those has surfaced. 10 minutes to go. Second dose is scheduled for 3 weeks out. :thumbsup:
I found that sitting on the Group W bench after the shot was the most frustrating part of the deal. :lol:
Il factotum
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Dr. Vicklund just got her first shot (Pfizer). She's on immuno-suppressants, so this is big for us (I've been fully vaxxed since mid-Feb).
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

24 hours after my second jab and it's a little tender at the vaccination site and maybe a tad warm, but that's it. I wouldn't notice it if I wasn't looking for it.

I just love growing antibodies!
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

slq

Post by slq »

zekeb wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:59 pm
slq wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:55 pm Just got my first Pfizer jab at Fred Hutch cancer center (not as a patient - just a vaccine site). The shot was painless. I’m in the observation area for 30 mins due to history of anaphylaxis and vasovagal reaction. But neither if those has surfaced. 10 minutes to go. Second dose is scheduled for 3 weeks out. :thumbsup:
I found that sitting on the Group W bench after the shot was the most frustrating part of the deal. :lol:
I was fine with it because it is not fun to have either of those happen. I had anticipated the longer wait due to the pre-screening form and had a book to read. Plus, I had a nice cushy reclining chair and my own little cubicle. They had a top-notch process.
--Yoda
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

The vaccination waiting areas must be some of the happiest places on earth these days. All those people who’ve now gotten at least one shot are so thrilled to have done so. Doctors, nurses, and volunteers like Patagoniagirl all report so much abounding joy. :dance: :dance: :banana: :banana: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

It makes me so happy

3 weeks immunized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Almost universally, stories have been great. My experience at Sam's Club was less than ideal, but, hey, I got both shots, so who cares? My husband was impressed with the pharmacy where he went. I took my sister to one of the large vaccination sites at Heinz Field, and I was really impressed with their efficiency and attitude. My sister could never have walked the distance, but there were dozens of wheelchairs at the drop-off.

My son (and the grandkids, eventually) is the only one left, and it's so well organized now that I think it won't be nearly so difficult for him to get his shots. He's eligible in the next few weeks.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

Since I whined so much after the 2nd shot, I need to say that I recovered quickly. The 2nd day (Tuesday) was hard because the pain was from my upper arm, up through my shoulder area and part way up my neck. I was very weak and exhausted. But starting on Wednesday, everything got better. Today, the injection area is slightly sore if touched.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”