Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

have you received your vaccine yet?

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
RVInit

Re: have you received your vaccine yet?

Post by RVInit »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:03 pm Pfizer 2nd and done!
:groupdance:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:59 pm 24+ hours after the 1st Moderna shot and I have a sore arm (not much worse than a tetanus shot) and I'm a little fatigued, but that's it so far.
If you aren't here tomorrow you won't need to 'splain where you are.
Il factotum
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

1st Astra Zenica in my shoulder 2 hours ago. No Side effects whatsoever, honest.

rambo.jpg
rambo.jpg (26.27 KiB) Viewed 3663 times

Actually my shoulder is a bit sore, but I have a touch of arthritis in that shoulder so it's not a surprise.

They have the Army running vaccination centers here, and I have to admit seeing them stomping round was a bit intimidating. A couple of them were looking at my gigantic bear like self as though they were evaluating me as a threat. I don't actually blame them as they were doing security, but it felt odd.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

This is my favorite thread to read! I just love seeing everyone get their shots. :thumbsup:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Starting Tuesday, anyone 16-years and older in Minnesota can get the vaccine. :dance: I have a sister-in-law and four dear nieces who will now be eligible. I'm so excited for them!

6 days until I get jab #2. :dance:
Lani

Post by Lani »

Monday appointment for shot #2!

Meanwhile, the new figures are in. Kauai has reached 35.0% 1st shot only, 21.1% 2nd shot. 56% have some immunity! :boxing: Currently, everyone 16 and over who is an essential worker (a broad definition), everyone 60 and over, first responders and people with health risks can get appointments.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

My favorite Happy thread right now. Also happy that FBowers mostly have light or no side effects.

I'm still a gonna wear a mask.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:00 pm :snippity:

I'm still a gonna wear a mask.
Me, too. The few cases here are travelers who tested negative 3 days before arriving, but tested positive a few days after of arrival. Tourism reopens in about 10 days. I think a lot of us here are going to be very, very careful when we go out. Chat about returning employees to their offices soon has stopped. We're going into "wait and see" mode.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Our SIL had some body aches and fatigue but is much better now. :thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Yay, we just got appointments at CVS in Miami for Tuesday for the 1st shot. CVS lets you call, Walgreens and Publix were useless online. You have to call right at 5am each day to try. We have to go to Lincoln Road to do it, but it's totally worth it. And we are definitely getting our free Krispy Kreme afterwards. :P Happy to see so many are able to get it, Florida just lowered the age to 50 this week and it's been a madhouse.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:12 pm Yay, we just got appointments at CVS in Miami for Tuesday for the 1st shot. CVS lets you call, Walgreens and Publix were useless online. You have to call right at 5am each day to try. We have to go to Lincoln Road to do it, but it's totally worth it. And we are definitely getting our free Krispy Kreme afterwards. :P Happy to see so many are able to get it, Florida just lowered the age to 50 this week and it's been a madhouse.
There aren't any Krispy Kremes in Minnesota. :crying: The closest one is a little over 200 miles south of me.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I still can't get it - signed up with the local tribal government who has kindly offered to vaccinate the general population cuz they aren't bound by state guidelines and at least here the first nations folks are way ahead of the rest of us in getting folks vaxxed. No call back yet. My MIL got both doses of Pfizer - no side effects - no sore arm etc. Mrs. Reeve got the 1st shot of Moderna - same - no side effects. Mrs. Reeve gets her 2nd shot next week (she is a child care worker which is why she is eligible and I am not).
Lani

Post by Lani »

I got nothing :( No sticker, no cookie, no juice, no donuts, no nothing except a sore arm. :( I'm taking a cookie & a bottle of water with me next time.
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Lani wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:55 am I got nothing :( No sticker, no cookie, no juice, no donuts, no nothing except a sore arm. :( I'm taking a cookie & a bottle of water with me next time.
No Krispy Kreme’s in your area? :crybaby: :crying:

But you got your shot and that’s what really counts. :thumbsup:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Lani wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:55 am I got nothing :( No sticker, no cookie, no juice, no donuts, no nothing except a sore arm. :( I'm taking a cookie & a bottle of water with me next time.
Waiting to hear an update from my neighbor. She got scheduled for yesterday herself and an elder neighbor. (oddly, they separately had to go to two different suburbs even though she scheduled online at the same time for both).

I'll call for the morning coffee meetup in a few hours and find out how it went.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Got my 2nd dose of Moderna today. Arm is sore, slight headache, but got that with the last one as well. Now I just have the added joy of the itchiness as my surgical incisions heal. I'm ready to take a brillo pad to my stomach.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Have a sticker!
E779930D-E40B-4242-B476-7910694B05FA.jpeg
E779930D-E40B-4242-B476-7910694B05FA.jpeg (509.44 KiB) Viewed 3467 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

jez wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:33 pm Got my 2nd dose of Moderna today. Arm is sore, slight headache, but got that with the last one as well. Now I just have the added joy of the itchiness as my surgical incisions heal. I'm ready to take a brillo pad to my stomach.
I got mine yesterday. There were stickers at my nurse's station, but I wasn't offered one. This one definitely made more of an impression than the first one. Although I can't say how much discomfort because I am dealing with a touch on tendonitis in my right elbow, the same arm of the injection. On top of that I came home and decided to remove the dirt from two fence post holes. Hearing a scrape, I said "oh shimmel" (more or less), realizing it was concrete. Off to the rental place I went and back with a jackhammer I came. Now my entire body is sore and I can't tell which pains are from the vaccination and which pains are from two hours on the jackhammer.

In any event, vaccination done! Moderna.
Il factotum
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Greatgrey wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:48 pm
Have a sticker!

E779930D-E40B-4242-B476-7910694B05FA.jpeg
Mine wasn't nearly so cute. I didn't wear it because it said Sam's Club on it, but I'd have worn that one with or without. :biggrin:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

neonzx wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:10 am
Waiting to hear an update from my neighbor. She got scheduled for yesterday herself and an elder neighbor. (oddly, they separately had to go to two different suburbs even though she scheduled online at the same time for both).

I'll call for the morning coffee meetup in a few hours and find out how it went.
Friend had very minor localized pain at the injection site but no other side effects. I have not checked-in with the other neighbor who went with her.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:lol: SNL last night. Amazing how fast these view counts go up:

#SNL #MayaRudolph #JackHarlow
Boomers Got the Vax - SNL
723,463 views•Mar 28, 2021

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Our younger daughter's husband is now scheduled for his 1st dose. He got the notice yesterday while at the Japanese Festival. Waiting to hear about our younger daughter. Vaccine availability continues to improve in North Texas.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Illinois is moving forward and as I am considered a religious leader (a job that, as we beginning re-opening puts me with people) I am now eligible. I have registered finally. The rest of the over 16 crowd is eligible in a couple of weeks. This is going faster than I expected.
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I think the vaccine is becoming plentiful in lots of places. My sister got her second dose today, so all those old enough close to me have now had two doses. They were saying on the news after I got home that they are now looking for people to get the vaccines, so are hoping they open up more groups soon.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

Second shot - Done!!! Barely even felt this one. It was done in a couple of seconds.

I was kept a little longer this time because of dizziness, fuzzy brain, double vision, and a strange taste in my mouth. I'm home now! Feel tired, want to sleep, but ok. Now trying to work. LOL, that's not going well. I think I'll take a nap.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”