Coronavirus Relief

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Re: Coronavirus Relief

Post by Reality Check »

I like what Joe Biden is doing. He talked bipartisanship and met with Republicans. When the less retarded conservatives like Collins tried to pull their usual shit that compromise means meeting us at 90% on our side he went full steam ahead and rammed it right up their asses. Biden learned from the mistakes Obama made and he is putting that lesson into practice. I am sure there are some very bewildered Republicans right now. This isn't the good old Joe they remember. When the economy recovers he will remind people he tried to compromise but the Republicans wanted to screw America.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Sen. Brian Schatz was on local tv today. Said he hadn't slept for more than 30 hours (I forgot the total). He was a bit giddy, but he earned it. Very happy about the support for Hawaiians and other native communities.

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Also, here the PBS video of Biden's speech:

I was teary eyed when he spoke about the bill halving the child poverty rate. Also, when he spoke about participating in food distribution. I haven't done that due my physical problems. I do know that when my county has it's drives, a gazillion people show up to volunteer with the distribution. They are so grateful to participant in helping their neighbors.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Several million people stand to save hundreds of dollars in health insurance costs, or more, under the Democratic coronavirus relief legislation on track to pass Congress.
WASHINGTON -- Several million people stand to save hundreds of dollars in health insurance costs, or more, under the Democratic coronavirus relief legislation on track to pass Congress.

Winners include those covered by “Obamacare” or just now signing up, self-employed people who buy their own insurance and don't currently get federal help, laid-off workers struggling to retain employer coverage, and most anyone collecting unemployment. Also, potentially many more could benefit if about a dozen states accept a Medicaid deal in the legislation.

Taken together, the components of the coronavirus bill represent the biggest expansion of federal help for health insurance since the Obama-era Affordable Care Act more than 10 years ago. Obamacare not only survived President Donald Trump’s repeated attempts to tear it down but will now get a shot of new life.

Consider a couple of examples: A hypothetical 45-year-old making $58,000 now gets no aid under the ACA. With the bill, they'd be entitled to a $1,250 tax credit, or 20% off their premiums, according to the Congressional Budget Office. A 64-year-old making $19,300 already gets generous subsidies that reduce premiums to $800 a year. But with the bill, that person would pay no premiums for a standard plan.
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory ... s-76334327
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

The House passed the bill this afternoon 220-211.

No Republican voted for it. Jared Golden of Maine was the only Democrat to vote against it.

Biden will sign it Friday.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:dance:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... omparison/
President Biden’s $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package, which the House passed Wednesday and Biden is expected to sign this week, is mammoth in scope — a number so large it can be hard to conceptualize in concrete terms. But amid a pandemic that has wrought severe economic damage around the world, many governments have made dramatic spending pledges.

Here’s how U.S. measures stack up.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Certainly better purposing than bullshit fake wars overseas. I'm good with this spending.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 953461002/
PALM BEACH, Florida - U.S. Sen. Rick Scott has a message for states and cities poised to receive a collective $360 billion from the American Rescue Act stimulus package: Send it back.

Scott's call to reject money that polls show is popular nationally, even among Republicans, has flared tension between Scott and another Florida GOP leader, Gov. Ron DeSantis.

In an open letter to governors and mayors, sent moments after the U.S. House on Wednesday approved the $1.9 trillion bill, Scott called it “massive, wasteful and non-targeted," urging states to follow his lead and send a message to Congress to “quit recklessly spending other people’s money.”
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Uh, this is the Rick Scott who grew rich by stealing US taxpayers' money in the form of Medicare/Medicaid fraud, amirite?

So it's OK to steal the taxpayers' money but not accept it if given freely? :daydreaming:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Foggy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:42 am
So it's OK to steal the taxpayers' money but not accept it if given freely? :daydreaming:
Yes. Section 43, chapter 7, subsection (m) of the Republican handbook. Try to keep up.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:02 am
PALM BEACH, Florida - U.S. Sen. Rick Scott has a message for states and cities poised to receive a collective $360 billion from the American Rescue Act stimulus package: Send it back.
Now wouldn't that be even funnier if the Federal government said "Fine. If you don't want it, we'll send your portion to California and New York!"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Jen Psaki
@PressSec

Because Congress enrolled the bill more quickly than we anticipated, the President will sign the American Rescue Plan into law today within the hour.
@VP
will join him in the oval. And tomorrow they will holding a signing event here
@WhiteHouse
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

The money should start hitting our checking accounts soon.

In the last round, Trump signed the bill on 12/27/20 and the money was deposited in my account on 1/04/21. That's just eight days.

I assume that the IRS kept all the programs they wrote and procedures that they devised after the first stimulus, back in April/May. All they had to do was plug in the new amounts and turn the crank.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

noblepa wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:09 pm The money should start hitting our checking accounts soon.

In the last round, Trump signed the bill on 12/27/20 and the money was deposited in my account on 1/04/21. That's just eight days.

I assume that the IRS kept all the programs they wrote and procedures that they devised after the first stimulus, back in April/May. All they had to do was plug in the new amounts and turn the crank.
We got a debit card in February. I have no idea why the money wasn't deposited directly into our account like the first time.
somerset

Post by somerset »

poplove wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:58 pm
noblepa wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:09 pm The money should start hitting our checking accounts soon.

We got a debit card in February. I have no idea why the money wasn't deposited directly into our account like the first time.
The first time, we got a cheque (with the egotistical "signature" :puke: ). The second time it was a debit card, sans signature ;)

No idea either why the second time was different than the first.

(And thank you Foggy for bringing back the smilies!! :notworthy1: :cheer1: :thumbsup: )
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

poplove wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:58 pm We got a debit card in February. I have no idea why the money wasn't deposited directly into our account like the first time.
Direct deposit the first round, paper check the second...I don't care how they get it to me gimme my Biden Bucks! :batting:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Rick Scott to states and cities: Turn down COVID relief funds
During the Great Recession, several Republicans said states should reject federal economic aid. Now, Rick Scott is making the same pitch.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... d_ms_tw_ma
In 2009, nearly every GOP lawmaker in Congress ignored the polls and economic analyses, and stood firm against the Democratic rescue plan. In 2021, the same thing happened. In 2009, Republican opponents sought credit for elements of the plan they opposed. In 2021, we're already starting to see the same thing happening.

But I'll confess that, despite the many similarities, this Palm Beach Post report surprised me a bit.
Florida U.S. Sen. Rick Scott has a message for states and cities poised to receive a collective $360 billion from the American Rescue Act stimulus package: Send it back.... In an open letter to governors and mayors, sent moments after the U.S. House on Wednesday approved the $1.9 trillion bill, Scott called it "massive, wasteful and non-targeted," urging states to follow his lead and send a message to Congress to "quit recklessly spending other people's money."
:snippity:

Given the circumstances, it's likely that Rick Scott's appeal will be ignored. Indeed, his own state's Republican governor, Florida's Ron DeSantis, not only seemed eager to put federal funds to good use, he also seemed annoyed that GOP Sens. Scott and Marco Rubio didn't secure even more money for the Sunshine State.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

poplove wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:58 pm

There's a "where's my stimulus" web page. Google (Bing) for it. It should show if they tried to deposit it into your checking account the first time. It will list the last four of your account number.
Largo al factotum.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

The bill changes all kinds of things in Obamacare rules - all for the better, but it's a confusing time for health insurance agents until we get some guidance. The Marketplace is still staffed with morons hired over the past four years, so if you have any questions you can call them and get the wrong answers.

It's exciting! :popcorn:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

zekeb wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:21 pm
There's a "where's my stimulus" web page. Google (Bing) for it. It should show if they tried to deposit it into your checking account the first time. It will list the last four of your account number.
Get-My-Payment
Lani

Post by Lani »

:dance: Just read a statement from the gov: furloughs and layoffs are no longer necessary, thanks to the funding. :thumbsup:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Lani wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:48 pm :dance: Just read a statement from the gov: furloughs and layoffs are no longer necessary, thanks to the funding. :thumbsup:
Good news! :biggrin:
Lani

Post by Lani »

Elections have consequences!
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

ours is pending

but we only get 1499 total for two of us

fucking repuks

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”