Marijuana

Orlylicious

Re: Marijuana

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:52 pm

Canada's going to make billions while Donald wants to spend billions going backward.
Trudeau Proposes C$1 a Gram Tax on Canada's Recreational Pot
By Greg Quinn and Jen Skerritt
October 3, 2017, 6:02 PM EDT October 3, 2017, 6:41 PM EDT
Total taxes have to be low enough to combat illicit sales
Bulk of revenue should go to provinces: Nova Scotia Premier

A resident smokes a large marijuana joint during the 420 Day festival on the lawns of Parliament Hill in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, on April 20, 2017. Photographer: David Kawai/Bloomberg

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau proposed a tax of one dollar a gram on sales of marijuana when it’s legalized next year, his most detailed proposal yet on how he would raise revenue to pay for extra government costs while discouraging illegal sales.

The C$1 (80 U.S. cents) tax could apply to recreational marijuana sold for up to C$10 a gram, Trudeau said after meeting the leaders of Canada’s 10 provinces in Ottawa on Tuesday. For marijuana sold for more than C$10 a gram the tax could be 10 percent, he said. The tax money should be split between the federal and provincial governments, Trudeau said.

Canada is still grappling with how to tax legal pot at a price low enough to squash the black market. The nascent industry has ballooned in value amid optimism over Trudeau’s plans for recreational sales, which Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. said could reach C$6 billion by 2021.

Trudeau needs to negotiate with provincial leaders who by next July must set up a system of retail distribution and train police on roadside checks for impaired drivers. The provinces also share power over some sales taxes with the federal government, and Trudeau said the premiers resisted his proposal because they are seeking more money.

“The burden of legalizing and implementation of this will be borne by provinces, and by doing so we believe the lion’s share of the revenue form the tax should end up with the provinces,” Nova Scotia Premier Stephen McNeil said after Trudeau spoke.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ional-weed

Avatar Photo: Michael "Who Says?" Cohen. Says SDNY & Mueller. What it's like at the prison in Otisville where Michael Cohen may go? https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/12/us/micha ... index.html

Sluffy1

Post by Sluffy1 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:32 pm

The doors opened and the sales began today at 12:01. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out over the next decade. I hope I have a good decade left to see.

Smoke lingers over Parliament Hill in Ottawa as people smoke marijuana during Canada’s annual 4/20 rally in April 2018.
O Canada.

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:52 pm

Wish I was there. :-D

The first recreational shop is expected to open in Massachusetts any day now. First for the eastern U.S.

I still haven't visited a pot shop of any kind. I'm looking forward to it though.

Am I being detained?

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:58 pm

jemcanada wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:49 am
http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2017 ... ana-market

There's going to be the largest pot greenhouse in the world right near me. I'm a little disappointed that the greenhouse stopped growing eggplant for this though. I have a strange addiction to eggplant. :-D
Do you have an eggplant rock?

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

jemcanada

Post by jemcanada » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:34 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:58 pm
jemcanada wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:49 am
http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2017 ... ana-market

There's going to be the largest pot greenhouse in the world right near me. I'm a little disappointed that the greenhouse stopped growing eggplant for this though. I have a strange addiction to eggplant. :-D
Do you have an eggplant rock?
I did find a new eggplant supplier! :-D :blink: :P

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:27 pm

You know about eggplant stones, then, yes?

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Lani

Post by Lani » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:10 am

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Nine-year-old sells out of Girl Guide cookies in front of cannabis store on first day
A nine-year-old Alberta girl managed to rapidly sell out of Girl Guide cookies by targeting cannabis consumers on the first day of legal sales.

Elina Childs tells CTV News Channel that it was her father’s idea to load up her wagon and line up outside of an Edmonton pot shop on Wednesday.

Elina, part of the Girl Guides Canada Brownies program, unloaded all 30 boxes of cookies at $5 each in about 45 minutes, according to her father, Seann Childs.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/ni ... -1.4140128

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Sluffy1

Post by Sluffy1 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:40 am

Lani wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:10 am
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Nine-year-old sells out of Girl Guide cookies in front of cannabis store on first day
A nine-year-old Alberta girl managed to rapidly sell out of Girl Guide cookies by targeting cannabis consumers on the first day of legal sales.

Elina Childs tells CTV News Channel that it was her father’s idea to load up her wagon and line up outside of an Edmonton pot shop on Wednesday.

Elina, part of the Girl Guides Canada Brownies program, unloaded all 30 boxes of cookies at $5 each in about 45 minutes, according to her father, Seann Childs.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/ni ... -1.4140128
It's called pre-munchie planning and not the only thing that is selling out.
The government-run Ontario Cannabis Store received 100,000 orders in its first 24 hours. In Quebec, online and in-store orders totalled nearly 140,000 in the first week of legalization, and the provincial-owned retailer indicated Wednesday it may have to close some locations as producers couldn’t meet demand.The Canadian cannabis industry is still reeling from sky-high demand in the second week of legalization...

“There’s not a mass shortage of cannabis around the country right now,” only certain strains that have sold out..
Gr O' Canada
I'm going to try to find out the names of those "strains" and take a short drive to Windsor one of these days.
Any recommendations of favorite strains will be appreciated.
I do have a lot of decades old prior experience and look forward to participating with the new edition of Reefer Madness Gladness...
Happy days. A man holds a bag of marijuana he bought in a cannabis store in Quebec City, on Oct. 17.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:04 am

There's actually a great strain of indica called girlscout cookies. Any hybrid with cookies in the name is usually good.

Image Image Image Image Image

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:16 am

Scott finally got off his ass here in FL and got the medical MJ set up for us. It only took two years after we voted it in overwhelmingly.

I know, hard to believe, but I never so much as smoked a cigarette as a kid. Not saying I was a goody two-shoes (wasn't) but alcohol, pot, cigarettes never appealed to me. I was cheap and they stunk.

But when my son told me how it was the best thing for his PTSD (Iraq combat vet), I tried a gummy when visiting and slept through the night probably the first time in my entire life. I came home, got my card,* and take a capsule every night before bed. I feel like a new person! (at least until this election started depressing me).

*Wow, is the medical MJ doctor thing a scam. $250 for the initial 20 minute visit, $100 every three month follow-up by phone to keep the card current. Pretty sure the guy approves everyone who walks in the door, but it's not my place to judge. I don't look like someone with advanced OA, until I try to get up and walk.

But I've wandered off again. My point is, in my case, it's a miracle drug. The local guy who finally got the MMJ passed is now working on getting it legalized for anyone. I expect that to happen eventually, especially if the election goes well for us.

ImageImageImage x4

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:57 am

It costs $75/year for renewal here, $125 for initial consult. Yeah, Scott created a scam for you.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:09 am

kate520 wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:57 am
It costs $75/year for renewal here, $125 for initial consult. Yeah, Scott created a scam for you.
He's good at that. The fact that it took 2 years means one thing - it took him that long to figure out how to turn this into millions for himself. I guarantee he used those two years to position himself and get himself embedded in every layer of the business. If there are profits to be made and he can use his position to get in on the ground floor, you can bet he's got himself all set up.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:00 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:16 am

*Wow, is the medical MJ doctor thing a scam. $250 for the initial 20 minute visit, $100 every three month follow-up by phone to keep the card current. Pretty sure the guy approves everyone who walks in the door, but it's not my place to judge. I don't look like someone with advanced OA, until I try to get up and walk.
Slim, your MJ doctor has a real scam going. I saw a doctor yesterday (also in FL) and the charge was also $250, but that covers an entire year. Are there any other doctors in your area who might charge you less?

"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:45 pm

Sunrise wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:00 pm
Slim Cognito wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:16 am

Slim, your MJ doctor has a real scam going. I saw a doctor yesterday (also in FL) and the charge was also $250, but that covers an entire year. Are there any other doctors in your area who might charge you less?
Eventually, I hope so, but not yet. And I had to drive 90 minutes to get to this office.. But we have plenty of dispensaries, lol.

I'll keep checking for new offices. Thanks for the tip

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Social Issues”