Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

America First Caucus

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
p0rtia

Re: America First Caucus

Post by p0rtia »

noblepa wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:29 pm The fact that she and others even considered launching such a racist, vile caucus, is itself offensive.

I'm glad she scrapped the plan, but, IMHO, that doesn't let her off the hook.

Besides, it probably has had the desired affect of appealing to her racist, vile constituents. Now, she can claim that her idea was "cancelled" by the libs and the deep state.
And yet I think you are being to kind to her. I don't believe they have scrapped the plan. I don't believe there will be no vile racist caucus.

Margie Q is uneducated and, what is worse, stupid. She does not know that words actually have real meanings beyond the way she uses them to abuse and gain power.

They'll be back, with what they think are better words.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:58 pm
noblepa wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:29 pm The fact that she and others even considered launching such a racist, vile caucus, is itself offensive.

Besides, it probably has had the desired affect of appealing to her racist, vile constituents. Now, she can claim that her idea was "cancelled" by the libs and the deep state.
And yet I think you are being to kind to her. I don't believe they have scrapped the plan. I don't believe there will be no vile racist caucus.

Margie Q is uneducated and, what is worse, stupid. She does not know that words actually have real meanings beyond the way she uses them to abuse and gain power.

You're probably right. She has said that she never intended to launch anything, and that the document that was leaked was just an idea being kicked around. This is probably a lie.

But, yeah, they will quietly organize a version of the caucus with a less offensive name, and without the reference to supporting "anglo-saxon" values. But the result will be the same.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:58 pm

Turns out she doesn’t know the Anglo Saxons weren’t the same as the Normans. :roll:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

Margarine raises a lot of money off these stunts, as does Boebert, et alia.

Does anybody else automatically think of Lorena Bobbitt when Lauren Boebert’s name comes up? I can’t help myself. :bag:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

NewMexGirl wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:29 pm Margarine raises a lot of money off these stunts, as does Boebert, et alia.

Does anybody else automatically think of Lorena Bobbitt when Lauren Boebert’s name comes up? I can’t help myself. :bag:
No, never thought of that. :whistle:
101010 :towel:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I saw an interview with Lorena Bobbet once on a late night talk show. She was very sweet and a little shy. I liked her a lot. What the heck that ass did to drive that woman into assaulting a deadly weapon can only be imagined.
Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Off Topic
She's gone on to become an advocate for domestic violence survivors. He has since twice been convicted of domestic violence with other women.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Well of course; he’s known for going off half-cocked. :bag:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

ba da dum
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

Greene should stick with what she knows best.

Moving to adjourn.

Return to “Current Politics”