tek

Re: Gay Rights - LGBT - Same Sex Marriage

Post by tek » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:47 am

There's no way back
from there to here

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:49 am

The whole thing is just bizarre. Do I think Spacey is a creepy dude? Yes.

But the young man's story did not sit right with me. The rapid-fire exchange of text messages between Unruh's son and his friend/gf? Spacey coming onto him, putting his hands down his pants and groping him. And the son is texting this blow-by-blow as it happens? In what universe does that happen? Most rational persons would push the person away, get up, and remove themselves from the situation. The alleged incident was in a bar surrounded by patrons and staff -- it's not like he was trapped in some vehicle or hotel room.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:28 pm

Foster mom heart broken after transgender son was turned away by Payson summer camp
Posted: 3:27 PM, Jul 08, 2019 Updated: 6:16 PM, Jul 09, 2019
By: Cameron Polom

PHOENIX — A Valley foster mother says she's heart broken after her transgender son was told he could not attend a summer camp in Payson despite receiving a scholarship to go.

"I think summer camp is really a place where foster kids can go to simply be kids," said Amber Checky.

The foster mom says her son was supposed to go to Tonto Creek Camp in Payson.

Her nine-year-old transgender foster son was, as most children would be, excited beyond words to attend camp.

"My child was looking forward to doing archery and kayaking and hanging out with other kids," said Checky, who took the boy in when he was seven years old.

With the help of Arizona Friends of Foster Care and the families Court Appointed Special Advocate, her foster son received a $400 scholarship to pay for the camp that began on July 14.

"He was born female identified but feels in his brain and his heart that he is a boy," said Checky.

:snippity:

"We get an email from the chief executive officer saying sorry he's not able to attend anymore and that the camp staff that they had, that has a degree in this, is no longer able to attend, so they would be refunding us," said Checky.

azfamily powered by 3TV & CBS5AZ wrote:Phoenix mom says transgender foster child not allowed to go to camp

Published on 9 Jul 2019

“We haven’t told him why he hasn’t been allowed to go to camp,” Amber Checky said.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:48 pm

This kid destroyed Kevin Spacey's reputation and career. What's his recourse? I hope people will take a lesson not to jump to conclusions (not here, I mean on Twitter and stuff) -- it was suspicious from the start and now the case is dropped. Grrrr.

Prosecution Drops Groping Case Against Kevin Spacey In Nantucket
July 17, 2019 at 4:28 pm

NANTUCKET (CBS/AP) — Prosecutors have dropped the groping case against Kevin Spacey. The actor was facing a felony charge of indecent assault and battery on Nantucket.

Cape & Islands District Attorney Michael O’Keefe said in a court filing that he was filing a Nolle Prosequi “due to the unavailability of the complaining witness.”

Spacey was accused of groping a then 18-year-old at the island’s Club Car bar three years ago. The accuser said Spacey allegedly bought him several alcoholic drinks, then groped him.

But the prosecution’s case appeared to fall apart at a hearing surrounding the accuser’s missing cellphone. The alleged victim asserted his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination and refused to testify further after being questioned about text messages the defense claims were deleted.

The cellphone has been a key issue in case against Spacey. The accuser and his mother, former Boston TV news anchor Heather Unruh, said they gave a cell phone to prosecutors in December of 2017 and that they never got it back. Unruh told investigators that she deleted items concerning her son’s “frat boy activities” from the phone before giving it to authorities.
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/07/17/ ... arge-case/
Avatar Photo: Rusty, the All American Squirrel, was given Karl P. Koenigs' gun. Rusty: "Sucks to be you, Karl."
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:29 pm

Cease and Desist sent by TripAdvisor to organizers of the scheduled "Straight Pride Parade" who were suggesting TripAdvisor was in negotiations to be a corporate sponsor.

They punch-laced the letter with iconic song references.
I'm Coming Out
A Little Respect
I Will Survive
Vogue
YMCA
Freedom (George Michael)
If I Could Turn Back Time
Over The Rainbow
Born This Way
You Need To Calm Down
True Colors
You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)
Beautiful (Christina Aguilera)

:rotflmao:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:55 am

Here's the letter:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:01 am

Thanks Stern! I like Bradford Young :P
Avatar Photo: Rusty, the All American Squirrel, was given Karl P. Koenigs' gun. Rusty: "Sucks to be you, Karl."
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:18 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:01 am
Thanks Stern! I like Bradford Young :P
Bradford did not put that together on his lonesome. That appears a collective effort. :dance:

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:43 am

Who didn't see this coming.

Trump Administration Asks Supreme Court To Legalize Firing Transgender Workers
The Supreme Court is considering three cases that look at whether LGBTQ employees are protected under federal civil rights law.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-ad ... fafd0be1aa
The Trump administration is asking the Supreme Court to set a legal precedent that would make it OK for an employer to fire a person for being transgender.

In a brief filed Friday, the Justice Department argued that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 only protects workers from discrimination based on their “biological sex.”

“Title VII does not prohibit discrimination against transgender persons based on their transgender status,” the Justice Department wrote. “It simply does not speak to discrimination because of an individual’s gender identity or a disconnect between an individual’s gender identity and the individual’s sex.”

The Supreme Court agreed earlier this year to hear three cases that look at whether Title VII, the federal civil rights law that prohibits workplace discrimination, applies to LGBTQ workers.

:explode:
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:37 am

I don't get the logic of that.

It's not OK to fire someone for being female, but it is OK to fire them for being a female who transitioned to male?

If they are going to insist that transitioned males are still biological females, then it would still be illegal to fire them based on their sex, would it not?

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:41 am

And the Log Cabin Republicans endorse Trump! They must really like their tax cuts.

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:02 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:41 am
And the Log Cabin Republicans endorse Trump! They must really like their tax cuts.
Yes
The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:24 pm

Kentucky clerk who refused same-sex marriage licenses can be sued

I tried to copy the link, but it came across as garbage. I will keep trying. But, in the meantime, here is the headline! :clap: :dance: :boxing:
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Dr. Blue

Post by Dr. Blue » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:54 pm

RVInit wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:24 pm
Kentucky clerk who refused same-sex marriage licenses can be sued

I tried to copy the link, but it came across as garbage. I will keep trying. But, in the meantime, here is the headline! :clap: :dance: :boxing:
Here's a link: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1VD284

Dr. Blue

Post by Dr. Blue » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:58 pm

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:11 pm

I'd thought I'd seen it all but no. How was that even possible, logging on in space? Wow.
NASA Astronaut Accused of Hacking Ex-Wife's Bank Account From Space
The allegations come during a custody and divorce dispute between astronaut Anne McClain and her estranged spouse
Published 3 hours ago

This Dec. 3, 2018, file photo, shows U.S. astronaut Anne McClain, member of the main crew of the expedition to the International Space Station (ISS), waving prior to the launch of Soyuz MS-11 space ship at the Russian leased Baikonur cosmodrome, Kazakhstan.

A NASA astronaut is accused of hacking her estranged spouse's bank account from space.

Astronaut Anne McClain allegedly accessed the bank account of Summer Worden, while aboard the International Space Station this year, according to NBC affiliate KPRC in Houston.

The two women are in a custody battle over a 6-year-old son who was conceived through in vitro fertilization and who was carried by a surrogate, Worden told KPRC.

The court battle has included allegations that Worden assaulted McClain. The allegations were eventually dropped, and Worden says the two have never had a physical altercation, KPRC reported.

Then, earlier this year McClain allegedly accessed Worden's bank account while the astronaut was in space.

Worden said her bank “did give evidence to my attorneys that she did access my bank accounts,” according to KPRC.

An attorney representing McClain, Rusty Hardin, could not immediately be reached for comment.
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/national- ... 25271.html

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:24 am

Police investigating forceful removal of trans women from L.A. bar

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out ... d_nn_tw_ma
The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed Monday that it is investigating as a hate crime an incident in which security guards were seen forcibly removing a group of transgender women and gay men from a Los Angeles bar.

More than 100 protesters gathered outside Las Perlas on Saturday after a video circulated online showing the incident the night before.

In the video, which has since been viewed more than 300,000 times, the guard can be seen pushing a man toward the exit, while another bouncer grabs a trans woman by the arms.

“Don’t touch me like that,” the woman, who was later identified as Jennifer Bianchi, said as she was dragged toward the doorway. “I need my shoe. I need my shoe.”
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Jim

Post by Jim » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:59 pm

Conversion Therapy Founder Comes Out Publicly as Gay After 20 Years of Leading Homophobic Program
McKrae Game, the man who founded one of the largest conversion therapy programs in the country and led the homophobic organization for 20 years, has come out as gay.

Back in 1999, Game, 51, started Truth Ministry, a faith-based conversion therapy program in South Carolina, which aims to suppress or completely change a person’s LGBTQ+ sexuality through counseling, interventions, or ministry. The organization was eventually rebranded and renamed as Hope for Wholeness in 2013.

Two decades after its founding, however, Game — who once vehemently preached that being gay would send someone to hell — has now come out as gay to the world.

His decision to go public with his truth comes a little over two years after he was abruptly fired from the organization that he spent a great deal of his life dedicated to. In those 20 years working for them, Game also wrestled with his true identity.

“I struggled more so trying to deny [my attraction to men] than being able to accept my attractions and say, ‘I am a gay man,'” he said in a recent interview with the Post and Courier. “I was a hot mess for 26 years and I have more peace now than I ever did.”

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:29 pm

Jim wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:59 pm
Conversion Therapy Founder Comes Out Publicly as Gay After 20 Years of Leading Homophobic Program
McKrae Game, the man who founded one of the largest conversion therapy programs in the country and led the homophobic organization for 20 years, has come out as gay.

Back in 1999, Game, 51, started Truth Ministry, a faith-based conversion therapy program in South Carolina, which aims to suppress or completely change a person’s LGBTQ+ sexuality through counseling, interventions, or ministry. The organization was eventually rebranded and renamed as Hope for Wholeness in 2013.

Two decades after its founding, however, Game — who once vehemently preached that being gay would send someone to hell — has now come out as gay to the world.

His decision to go public with his truth comes a little over two years after he was abruptly fired from the organization that he spent a great deal of his life dedicated to. In those 20 years working for them, Game also wrestled with his true identity.

“I struggled more so trying to deny [my attraction to men] than being able to accept my attractions and say, ‘I am a gay man,'” he said in a recent interview with the Post and Courier. “I was a hot mess for 26 years and I have more peace now than I ever did.”
This is news?

(I think that they used this trope in "Two Broke Girls, once)

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:58 am

I'm sure as fuck glad you're at peace—now what about those thousands of kids you tortured and traumatized?
How deep could the Deep State go if the Deep State could go deep?

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:44 pm

My buddy Dean was elected Mayor of Fort Lauderdale, FL, we worked hard for his election, he's the first gay mayor ever in FLL. Here's a great example of why voting is so important...

Fort Lauderdale Votes for Non-Discrimination Ordinance; Ban on Conversion Therapy
LOCAL Jason Parsley 09/16/2019 12:03 pm

On Thursday Fort Lauderdale unanimously passed an non-discrimination ordinance that protects LGBT people in employment, housing, public accommodations in the city. The ordinance must pass a second reading on Tuesday before it becomes law.

Equality Florida, the state’s largest LGBT rights organization, is thrilled with the city’s progress on the ordinance. “This is something to celebrate,” said Joe Saunders, the organization’s Senior Political Director. “This is the first time we’ve seen such a comprehensive ordinance brought by a municipality in Florida. It’s fully comprehensive.”

More specifically the 44 page ordinance does three things.

Establishes a human rights ordinance in the city
Adds domestic partnership protections
Establishes a city wide ban on conversation therapy

“This is a transformational,” Saunders added. “We have an openly LGBT mayor and member of the council and the vice mayor who is a full throated champion.”

Michael Rajner has been pushing for an ordinance similar to this for about decade. “Fort Lauderdale has long been problematic and slow to embrace LGBT policy. They’ve only been getting things right in the last several years and some of it has been painstaking,” he said. “Just getting this ordinance to move forward took more than a year.”

City Commissioner Steve Glassman, who is gay, took the lead on the ordinance, said: “I am thrilled that the Fort Lauderdale City Commission has voted unanimously to pass on first reading one of the most, if not the most, comprehensive LGBTQ ordinances in the State. I look forward to our final public hearing on September 17 and enactment of this law.”

It was Commissioner Ben Sorenson, who is straight, who got the ball rolling on this issue after a year of stagnation.

“In April, with Michael Rajner’s help, I connected Equality Florida leaders with our City Attorney. I asked that they work together to draft the most comprehensive LGBTQ protective ordinance for the City of Fort Lauderdale. We did just that,” Sorenson wrote on Facebook. “Thank you to our Mayor and City Commission, we moved forward towards outlawing conversion therapy for minors, affirmed a commitment to LGBTQ families in domestic partnership, and committed to advancing a citywide human rights ordinance banning discrimination against our LGBTQ community in the areas of public accommodations, housing, and employment.”
https://southfloridagaynews.com/Local/f ... erapy.html

Fort Lauderdale also joined the Tobacco 21 initiative:

FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Fort Lauderdale has become the second city in Florida to raise the age for tobacco sales to 21. The city commission approved the adoption of the Tobacco 21 ordinance on Friday. The new age restriction includes any sort of tobacco or e-cigarettes products.1 day ago
Fort Lauderdale Passes Ordinance Raising Age For Tobacco ...
https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/09/15/f ... es-age-21/

When we work together and vote, nothing's impossible.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:32 am

OK, that's AWESOME. :dance:
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:43 am

Can't believe the Times didn't say SPOILERS so I am, putting it in spoiler. It's about Bachelor in Paradise, the spinoff of the many year Bachelor franchise.
► Show Spoiler
Awesome! :flag:

Return to “Social Issues”