Gay Rights - LGBT - Same Sex Marriage

RTH10260

Re: Gay Rights - LGBT - Same Sex Marriage

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:11 pm

crossposting 50 years ago - PRIDE 1969

Google has a droodle with history on this.
Google Artist's Doodle Celebrates Pride History And A Personal Journey
Google Doodle On Gay Pride: Google's Doodle encompasses pride history in the month of June, which has come to be celebrated by the LGBTQI+ community as Pride Month.
Anuj Pant | Updated: June 04, 2019 04:12 IST

Today's Google Doodle commemorates the fiftieth anniversary of the celebration and acceptance of gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual identities. Google's Doodle encompasses pride history in the month of June, which has come to be celebrated by the LGBTQI+ community as Pride Month. The doodle created by Doodler Nate Swinehart celebrates, honours and showcases the celebration and liberation of the entire LGBTQI+ community as well as how Pride History shaped his own journey. The Google Doodle, as told by doodler Nate Swinehart, showcases early pride activism, "on Christopher Street in New York City, to the worldwide celebrations of today."

"In celebrating 50 years of Pride, my coworker Cynthia Cheng first had the idea to depict the parade itself and show it growing in size and momentum across the decades," says Nate Swinehart, adding that the Google Doodle allowed him to explore many different styles that "could fully capture the feeling of a growing parade and relate to all who are a part of it."

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/gay-pri ... ry-2047460

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:05 pm

voxpopuluxe wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:35 pm
RoadScholar wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:03 pm
Maybe they're only guilty of "bemused tolerance."
Highly doubtful. I’ve been informed that no such thing exists
It does among “compassionate conservatives.” At least, the ones who don’t want to compassionately help the gays by trying to convert them.

I have never seen it among good-hearted straight liberals. Of course, I’ve only met thousands of them.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

tek

Post by tek » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:40 am

https://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/a ... sive-world
The rainbow flag has flown for decades as a symbol of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) pride – and for June this colorful emblem is flying high at more than 30 Stanley Black & Decker locations around the globe.

It’s a visible symbol of our company’s culture, where we’re creating a welcoming and supportive workplace where every person is respected, empowered and valued – and where individual voices are heard.
I have many friends who work there (I have a long-standing relationship with their American Saw division), and they tell me SBD is quite serious about this..
There's no way back
from there to here

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:11 am

tek wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:40 am
https://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/a ... sive-world
The rainbow flag has flown for decades as a symbol of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) pride – and for June this colorful emblem is flying high at more than 30 Stanley Black & Decker locations around the globe.
Very mixed feelings about this—as I have about most of the bragging every corporation does every June. OTOH, good for B&D! It's better to do something rather than nothing; it's better they believe that it's in their interest to appear to take the side of their LBGTQ employees than not; and it's better that they believe we are a group that must be appealed to rather than one they can ignore or harass. OTOH, in 2018 the Stanley Black & Decker PAC gave 76% of its contributions (19,000$) to Republican candidates, including TN Rep David Kustoff (who opposes the right of LGBT B&D employees to marry), KY Rep Andy Barr (who has a zero HRC rating and who also voted against reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act), NC Rep Patrick McHenry (who said of his opposition to the proposed Federal Marriage Amendment "We must defend what is sacred in our Nation against the reckless actions of a dangerous few who seek to impose their liberal lunacy on our society."), MO Sen Roy Blunt (whose chief concern in 2015 was protecting the rights of people & institutions who believe that LBGTQ B&D employees are sinners), and etc.

So, you know, if B&D wants to brag about how they value their LBGTQ employees so much, maybe they could stop giving money to politicians who hate them?
How deep could the Deep State go if the Deep State could go deep?

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:16 am

Well, if nothing else, if you work there, you won't have to deal with bad puns about "Stanley's tool."

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:09 pm

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:20 pm

Just to add to the festivities Milos Yanawatever is the face of the Straight Pride parade.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:37 am

To be fair, there are a limited number of Straight White Pride-oriented people who run around bragging that they love "sucking black dick". He didn't have a lot of competition for the job. :lol:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:14 am

Foggy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:37 am
To be fair, there are a limited number of Straight White Pride-oriented people who run around bragging that they love "sucking black dick". He didn't have a lot of competition for the job. :lol:
But he's so right for it. :sick:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:43 am

I seem to recall something from the 1950s and lunch counters and buses. :smoking:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:24 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:14 am
Foggy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:37 am
But he's so right for it. :sick:
Where's Roger Stone when you need him?

Lani

Post by Lani » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:20 am

Selling t-shirts.
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:30 am

Lani wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:20 am
Selling t-shirts.
And himself to anyone interested.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:28 pm

Tennessee Pastor Who Is Also a Detective Calls for L.G.B.T. People to Be Executed

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/15/us/k ... tw-nytimes
His sermon prompted the Knox County district attorney’s office to examine cases that Mr. Fritts had worked on as a detective.

“When any potential witness in a criminal proceeding expresses an opinion of hatred and or bias toward a class of citizens, I am ethically bound to explore that witness’ credibility,” the district attorney, Charme P. Allen, said in a statement. “Accordingly, I am reviewing all pending cases involving Mr. Fritts to scrutinize them for any potential bias.”

It was not immediately clear how many cases would be reviewed. Ms. Allen could not be reached for comment on Saturday.

:snippity:

He said Mr. Fritts had sought an early retirement from his detective position before his sermon had drawn widespread attention, and that he was not currently active with the sheriff’s office. Representatives from the office did not respond to emails and phone calls on Saturday. But according to The Knoxville News Sentinel, Knox County Sheriff Tom Spangler said in a statement on Wednesday that he had agreed to a request Fritts had made for a county buyout from his position.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

bob

Post by bob » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:11 pm

FOX: Supreme Court tosses ruling against bakers who refused cake for gay couple:
The Supreme Court on Monday threw out a ruling against two Oregon bakers who refused to bake a wedding cake for a lesbian couple.

The couple, Melissa and Aaron Klein, cited religious beliefs as their reason for not providing services for a gay wedding. This touched off the latest in a series of such cases making headlines in recent years. During the court's last term, justices ruled in favor of a Colorado baker in a similar situation, stating that a state body demonstrated improper hostility toward the baker's religion in finding that he violated a state anti-discrimination law.

On Monday, the Supreme Court sent the Klein case back down to a lower court "for further consideration in light of" their Colorado decision.
SCOTUS Dkt. No. 18-547:
Jun 17 2019 Petition GRANTED. Judgment VACATED and case REMANDED for further consideration in light of Masterpiece Cakeshop, Ltd. v. Colorado Civil Rights Comm'n, 584 U. S. ____ (2018).
A brave punt back to the state. :roll:
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:24 pm

Or in other words they found an excuse to not really rule on it. I still can't say I understand the Colorado ruling, and a repeat is in the tubes now.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:48 am

Didn't SCOTUS do that to a Washington state case, and the state Supreme Court said "OK we will look at it again.... Yep. We were correct the first time."

Dr. Blue

Post by Dr. Blue » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:09 am

Chilidog wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:48 am
Didn't SCOTUS do that to a Washington state case, and the state Supreme Court said "OK we will look at it again.... Yep. We were correct the first time."
Yes, that was a florist, not a baker: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... y-wedding/

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:17 pm

New York bans gay and trans ‘panic’ defenses
POSTED 4:03 PM, JUNE 30, 2019, BY CNN WIRE

New York became the sixth state to ban the so-called gay and trans “panic” defense Sunday, as millions of revelers celebrated WorldPride in Manhattan.

The panic defense asks a jury to find that a victim’s sexual orientation or gender identity is to blame for a defendant’s violent reaction, including even murder.

“New York has always been the home of the LGBTQ equality movement, always,” said Gov. Mario Cuomo, signing the ban into law. “It all started here. It started at Stonewall. It started when we hosted the first Pride Day ever. And we’ve kept that legacy alive. This is the leading State in the United States of America for LGBTQ equality.”

New York follows California, Rhode Island, Illinois, Nevada and Connecticut to pass such a law.

https://pix11.com/2019/06/30/new-york-b ... -defenses/

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:25 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:40 pm
I'd heard about this but hadn't seen it, this is Kevin Spacey's video, now almost 10 million views. I've known Spacey since he won best supporting actor for “The Usual Suspects” in 1996, he's always hit on young guys. 99.9% of the guys know exactly what they are doing. There are even websites like https://www.seeking.com/ (used to be seekingarrangements.com, that's how popular it is) that are for sugar babies, daddies and mommies. I'm sorry for the guy in this situation, but he claims this went on for three minutes, why didn't he walk away if it was so bad? Not really defending Kevin, but I can see how this was alcohol fueled and in a crowded place. We'll see at trial, Kevin's innocent until proven guilty. But this video is really something if you're a House of Cards fan, he really is a great actor.
Kevin Spacey's Bizarre Video Racks Up 4.5M Views in 24 Hours
10:12 AM PST 12/25/2018 by Jackie Strause

A bizarre House of Cards-inspired video posted by Kevin Spacey has been viewed 4.5 million times in 24 hours. The YouTube video, titled "Let Me Be Frank," was shared from Spacey's official Twitter account Monday, and sees the actor seemingly addressing real-life events while in character as Frank Underwood from House of Cards. His post on Twitter also had 14,000 shares and 41,000 likes after the one-day period.

Back in January I said the above. I appreciate people didn't jump to conclusions. Now the civil case has been dropped and the accuser took the Fifth. But how does Kevin get his career back?
Kevin Spacey groping accuser invokes Fifth Amendment; judge bars testimony
PUBLISHED 3 HOURS AGO UPDATED AN HOUR AGO
Sarah Whitten @SARAHWHIT10

KEY POINTS
The young man who said Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey got him drunk and then groped him in a Nantucket, Massachusetts, bar in 2016 pleaded the fifth on Monday during a court hearing.
His testimony from that hearing has been stricken from the record.
Additionally, Spacey’s defense attorney Alan Jackson said that the accuser’s mother, Heather Unruh, may have been watching live coverage of her son’s testimony on TV. She denied doing so during her testimony.

The young man who said Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey got him drunk and then groped him in a Nantucket, Massachusetts, bar in 2016 pleaded the fifth on Monday during a court hearing. His testimony from that hearing has been stricken from the record. The Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects witnesses from self-incrimination.

Additionally, Spacey’s defense attorney Alan Jackson said that the accuser’s mother, Heather Unruh, may have been watching live coverage of her son’s testimony on TV. She denied doing so during her testimony. “This entire case is completely compromised,” Jackson said. “This case needs to be dismissed and I believe it needs to be dismissed today.”

Judge Thomas S. Barrett said he would give the accuser’s attorney time to decide how to proceed, but acknowledged it could be difficult to prosecute without the testimony of the alleged victim. “It may be pretty hard to get around this in trial,” Barrett said. “The matter may well be dismissed for the reason indicated. It’s not going to happen today.”

The accuser, along with his parents, were expected to explain the whereabouts of a missing phone that is considered key to the criminal case Monday. He invoked his 5th Amendment privileges after a recess. Just prior, Jackson had been questioning the accuser about whether he or anyone else had deleted text messages, photos or videos from his cellphone before handing it over to police. He denied deleting anything from his phone. However, when Jackson asked if he was aware that destroying evidence is a felony under Massachusetts law, he answered, “I am now.”

His mother, however, testified that she deleted several videos from the phone before giving it to police. She said at least one of them contained her son getting high using a “water pipe,” or a bong. The video had been filmed more than a year after the alleged incident with Spacey, she said.

She also said that the video of her son using drugs was taken on a different cellphone than the one handed over to police, but somehow the new phone was transferring photos and videos to the old phone. Spacey’s lawyers alleged the phone contains deleted text messages that show his accuser “concocted and exaggerated” the encounter in order to impress his friends, according to an NBC affiliate.

The accuser said his cellphone was turned over to the prosecutors in December 2017 as ordered by a judge and police notes indicate it was later returned to the young man’s father. On Monday the accuser’s father, Nick Little, testified that he did not recall getting the phone back.

Massachusetts State Police Trooper Gerald Donovan, who said he delivered the phone to Little, did not file any paperwork about returning the phone until June 2019. The hearing at the Nantucket District Court comes just days after the alleged victim dropped a civil suit against the Academy Award-winning actor. The civil suit against the 59-year-old Spacey was filed on June 26 in Nantucket Superior Court. The accuser’s suit sought unspecified damages for “severe and permanent mental distress and emotional injuries.” Unruh testified Monday that no settlement was paid when the civil suit was dismissed.

[/quote]
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/08/kevin-s ... imony.html
Avatar Photo: Current Logo for Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:01 pm

Could be worse; he could be Blunt.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Explain to me, how does an alleged victim plead the 5th, even if you are challenging a wealthy celebrity? Intimidation?
:confused:

bob

Post by bob » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:41 pm

neonzx wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:19 pm
Explain to me, how does an alleged victim plead the 5th, even if you are challenging a wealthy celebrity?
The inference is that the victim destroyed evidence on his telephone, which presumably was favorable to Spacey.

So when asked about the phone, knowing his answer would likely be admission to committing a crime, he pleaded the Fifth.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:45 pm

bob wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:41 pm
The inference is that the victim destroyed evidence on his telephone, which presumably was favorable to Spacey.

So when asked about the phone, knowing his answer would likely be admission to committing a crime, he pleaded the Fifth.
I haven't followed this case. What was the crime on the alleged victim's part?

bob

Post by bob » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:48 pm

neonzx wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:45 pm
What was the crime on the alleged victim's part?
Likely destroying evidence, lying to the police, or both.

Return to “Social Issues”