🎶 Jardiance: "I have Type 2 Diabetes but I manage it well / It's a little pill with a big story to tell..."

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

🎶 Jardiance: "I have Type 2 Diabetes but I manage it well / It's a little pill with a big story to tell..."

Post by Luke »

0:00 I have type 2 diabetes but I manage it
0:02 well / it's a little pill with a big story
0:05 to tell / I take once daily Jardiance...

Insane. I've heard that they play this over and over with no break in Hell. Turns out the lady is a MAGA*. Watch how not only she, but the background singers too, give rainbow hands on the name of the product. The happy postman with the side effects warning is amusing.

* Pipi rightfully points out she doesn't explicitly say she's MAGA, but she walks, talks, and quacks like a...

Brace yourself: Ad #2 is out!

Here we go again... and she's on a bus with a friendly produce salesman who smilingly reveals the parade of horribles. They cut a lot of the original ad back in, cheap bastids. :lol:

Jardiance singer Deanna is on TikTok --
deannabombchica 👩🏻‍🍳❤️✨Deanna ✨❤️👩🏻‍🍳
Follow 95 Following 299.9K Followers 4.8M Likes
“GO FORK YA SELF”
The home of Masterpiece Meals & Mentality linktr.ee/deannabombchica

Turns out she was on America's Got Talent and sang (oy) "And I Am Telling You..." from Dreamgirls. (I worked on this show and with Jen Holliday, this was painful to watch, had never heard of it. Blech.)

Deanna DellaCioppa - America's Got Talent 2013 Season 8 Week 3 Auditions

She also did a Big Lots ad.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Annrc
Verified:

🎶 Jardiance: "I have type 2 diabetes but I manage it well / it's a little pill with a big story to tell..."

Post by Annrc »

I despise that commercial. Ugh!
Estiveo
Verified:

🎶 Jardiance: "I have type 2 diabetes but I manage it well / it's a little pill with a big story to tell..."

Post by Estiveo »

This did NOT need it's own thread.

Also it has a listed "serious side effect" I've never seen before: infection of the perineum.
Image Image Image Image
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Estiveo wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:38 pm This did NOT need it's own thread.

Also it has a listed "serious side effect" I've never seen before: infection of the perineum.
Maybe a bad pharma ads thread. I thought there was already a bad ads thread but maybe that was on the old site.

Yep.
Why does Jardiance cause necrotizing fasciitis of the perineum? The way Jardiance works is by helping the kidneys eliminate more sugar from your body through urination. This means there is more sugar around your genital area which increases the amount of bacteria, as they feed on this extra sugar.
Not true of everyone with Type 2 diabetes, but weight loss, managed diet, and exercise often can lower A1c. I've had some family members and friends get off and stay off several meds that way. I would think the Jardiance people would want to show someone for whom weight loss wasn't such a game changer, so the choice of an actor who is morbidly obese seems odd. YMMV.
Edit: Diabetes isn't "managed well" if the patient remains morbidly obese.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

*prepares to duck*

I kind of liked that ad. Sorry to hear the singer, whom I thought was adorable, is apparently an idiot.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Ermagerd, there's a new jardiance commercial! Same stupid annoying song, different annoying singer, cast and setting.
Image Image Image Image
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Gosh, where? Looked around and only the bus commercial from 2023 was listed. They put Deanna in a bus for 2023 with a street grocer as the heavy. You might have the honor to be in a test market for something new!

While looking, ran into a Reddit and somebody commented:
Don’t forget the peppy way that they mention gangrene of the taint. It’s like it’s not even terrible

On TikTok (which I hardly ever look at), somebody did this with it (Frozen haha)

acjunior72 AC Junior 2023-8-17

Jardiance - Making an already horrific commercial worse.

🤘WitchMama🖕 I saw this and said to my bf, "I know her!! She's a foul-mouthed tiktoking cook!" She's great!! Well done! 😂

👩🏻‍🍳❤️✨Deanna ✨❤️👩🏻‍🍳 · Creator
Not too foul mouthed 😂🥰
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

This one has a much slimmer redhead lady singing the tune and is set in a colorful office setting where everyone loves their jobs and loves each other even when the singing redhead lady mixes up their lunch orders and they all smile and dance and sing about diabetes drugs aaaaalllllll day long.

It's horrific.
Image Image Image Image
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Is it true that the USA and only one other country permits pharma adverts direct to consumers via media?
Luke

Post by Luke »

Estiveo, you're a first mover on this. Twitter is just starting to talk about it. You were among the lucky first to see it. Nobody's had a link yet.

Sean Ben🌞 @its_ME_SB 7h
Babe wake up, a new Jardiance commercial just dropped

Still a whole lotta love:

Jennifer Hoppe @JenniferAnne466 11h
Replying to @ResonanceEnter1 and @QTHESTORMM
New jardiance ad is just as repulsive as the first!

Jardiance II.JPG
Jardiance II.JPG (159.87 KiB) Viewed 865 times

Went straight to Deanna to ask what the heck.

Attachments
Jardiance II b.JPG
Jardiance II b.JPG (248.62 KiB) Viewed 865 times
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20240121_061310.jpg
Estiveoshot_20240121_061310.jpg (139.65 KiB) Viewed 826 times
Image Image Image Image
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveo wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:38 pm This did NOT need it's own thread.
Apparently I was mistaken.
Image Image Image Image
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

If you really can't wait, you can see it here:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/5UUf/jardiance-musical-office
Image Image Image Image
realist

Post by realist »

That almost makes me like the first one.
Image X 4
Image X 32
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:24 am Is it true that the USA and only one other country permits pharma adverts direct to consumers via media?
In Switzerland, and my guess is for most of the EU , or Europe in general, advertising of prescription medicines is forbidden. Only doctors get to evaluate the medicines that can apply to a patients current situation. Over-the-counter medicines that are available at pharmacies may get advertised, the applicable medical situation and the expected medical result must be depicted truthfully and standard disclaimer "consult your doctor" must appear. Any lifestyle references like "take xyz and you are free to do ignore everything" is a great NoNo.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

realist wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:29 am That almost makes me like the first one.
IK,R? :lol:
Image Image Image Image
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:31 am
neonzx wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:24 am Is it true that the USA and only one other country permits pharma adverts direct to consumers via media?
In Switzerland, and my guess is for most of the EU , or Europe in general, advertising of prescription medicines is forbidden. Only doctors get to evaluate the medicines that can apply to a patients current situation. Over-the-counter medicines that are available at pharmacies may get advertised, the applicable medical situation and the expected medical result must be depicted truthfully and standard disclaimer "consult your doctor" must appear. Any lifestyle references like "take xyz and you are free to do ignore everything" is a great NoNo.
Used to be that way here, then it changed. I'm too lazy to look up when or why-assume it was a legal decision.

It's ludicrous. My favorite was a few years ago for some form of insulin. "Ask your doctor if insulin is right for you." If you're diabetic, your presumably competent doctor doesn't need your help in coming up with the idea of insulin-if'n you actually need it, which you may not.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Last I heard, it was here and New Zealand. Weird.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:16 pm *prepares to duck*

I kind of liked that ad. Sorry to hear the singer, whom I thought was adorable, is apparently an idiot.
I did too. The singer, all other factors aside, is really good at what she does. She seems to have musical-theatre training and the overall effect is appealing.

For commercials, I tend to look at production values and talent, not content. No opinion on the drug.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Thanks, Estiveo! Saw the tweet and now this. It's lost any charm Deanna's version had. And she replied and forwarded the tweet -- Fogbow victory!! Foggy will be so proud when he finds out.

Deanna.JPG
Deanna.JPG (180.62 KiB) Viewed 707 times

Luckily she helps the office worker dude figure out why he can't make copies... by plugging the machine in. Shoutout to Roxy?

The best thing is the dude delivering lunch and the way he looks around like they are insane. Funny take.

Delivery Dude.JPG
Delivery Dude.JPG (76.91 KiB) Viewed 710 times

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

roadscholar wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:08 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:16 pm *prepares to duck*

I did too. The singer, all other factors aside, is really good at what she does. She seems to have musical-theatre training and the overall effect is appealing.

For commercials, I tend to look at production values and talent, not content. No opinion on the drug.
She did. I looked her up a while ago. She went to Julliard, I think.

FWIW, my endocrinologist put me on Jardiance for a while two years ago. I ended up in the hospital, twice, for diabetic ketoacidosis. I was extremely dehydrated, my blood pressure was high (for me) and my blood sugar was extremely low.

Needless to say, I no longer take it.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I must have posted on the first thread, but I can't stand it. When it comes on, I hit the mute or change the channel every time. I didn't hear it for a while last month, and I thought, Thank gawd, it's done, but I was disavowed of that thought soon enough.

I looked her up months ago, and knew she was a trumper, so nothing would surprise me.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke

Post by Luke »

Deanna 2.JPG
Deanna 2.JPG (91.19 KiB) Viewed 653 times
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Give Luke another week and he'll have Deanna doing a guest spot on next season's Mama June, and I'll be tuning in to see it.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”