Racism back in fashion, did it ever fade?

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: Racism back in fashion, did it ever fade?

Post by neonzx »

Frater I*I wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:32 pm Why did he even bother? Clearly he's a racist, I mean hell own it, I have more respect for a man who lets me know where he stands, even when he's wrong, than one who will lie about who he is.
Exactly. Why did he need to bring excuses like Type-1 Diabetes into it?
He is a racist. He's "Baptist" -- would that "Southern Baptist"? Former youth pastor? He was a man of the cloth -- they can't be racist, right?
Giveme a friggin break. :bored:

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Was a youth pastor? I'm impressed (not). :sick:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

No upset here. Norman has advanced to the finals.
OSSAA
@OSSAAOnline
·
23m
Class 6A Girls Basketball State Semi-Finals:
(#1) Norman 53
(#3) Union 50 FINAL #okpreps
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:51 pm No upset here. Norman has advanced to the finals.
OSSAA
@OSSAAOnline
·
23m
(#1) Norman 53
I think their fan club just got a lot bigger. But they aren't streaming the games anymore?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Norman went all the way.
OSSAA
@OSSAAOnline
·
23m
Class 6A Girls Basketball State Championship Game:
(#1) Norman 48
(#6) Bixby 37 FINAL #okpreps
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

neonzx wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:03 pm
Volkonski wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:51 pm No upset here. Norman has advanced to the finals.
OSSAA
@OSSAAOnline
·
23m
(#1) Norman 53
I think their fan club just got a lot bigger. But they aren't streaming the games anymore?
Yes, they continued to stream the last two rounds of games but with different announcers. Streaming high school sports is common around here. There are quite a number of services. This was not true where we used to live near Houston.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

:clap: :bighug:

Aside: back in high school, I was the video taper for our high school girls BB team. Road(bus) trips and all.
(and our football team, too)
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Going back to the FGM discussion, sorry, but it's not those ignorant Darkies in Africa and the Middle east. Its a non zero number in the greatest country in the world too. A Study done during the Obama years concluded around half a million grils in the USA were either at risk of it or had had it done, and it runs the gambit from the mildest to the worst.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_ge ... ted_States
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

The announcer who has now identified himself has taken down his announcing business's Facebook page and website. At least one of its sponsors has severed their relationship.

The announcer's day business is a locksmith shop in the capitol of the Cherokee Nation where 30% of the residents are Native Americans.

There the traffic signs are in both Cherokee and English. There is a charter school there where all lessons are in Cherokee. One of the public high schools teaches in both languages. About 25% of students at the local university identify as Cherokee.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:55 pm The announcer's day business is a locksmith shop in the capitol of the Cherokee Nation where 30% of the residents are Native Americans.
Let's see how well his locksmith business goes now. :whistle:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Suranis wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:38 pm Going back to the FGM discussion, sorry, but it's not those ignorant Darkies in Africa and the Middle east. Its a non zero number in the greatest country in the world too. A Study done during the Obama years concluded around half a million grils in the USA were either at risk of it or had had it done, and it runs the gambit from the mildest to the worst.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_ge ... ted_States
In 2016, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released a report compiled with data from 2010-2013. The CDC report estimated 513,000 girls and women in the United States were either victims of FGM or at risk of FGM, with ⅓ under age 18.[19] The marked increase in the number of girls and women at risk of FGM in the United States was attributed to an increase in the total number of immigrants from countries where FGM is most common, not an increase in the frequency of the practice.[20] Of the women at risk, 60% are from 8 states: California, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Virginia, and Washington. Additionally, 40% of those reported are concentrated in 5 major metropolitan areas: New York, Washington, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Los Angeles, and Seattle. 55% of the women are from Egypt, Somalia, or Ethiopia.[2] These three "sending countries" have a high prevalence of FGM, as well as high numbers of U.S. immigrants.[2] The report used information from US census reports and the American Community Survey (2012) to identify the number of immigrants from countries where FGM is most prevalent.[2]
The 500,000 number includes women who were victims in their own countries but are now in the US. The wiki article also says that the practice is most prevalent in immigrant communities. FGM is a cultural practice, and is overwhelmingly brought to the US by other cultures. To remove the risk of a girl falling victim to it, you would have to remove her from her culture, regardless of where she lived.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Love his comments on faith, God, and Jesus.

"... a good way of starting is to present the true identity of Jesus. That is as a Black or brown person other than someone who looks like a white hippie from Sweden or Norway. And I think we should start with a true depiction of what Jesus looked like and put that in your home.."
/

/
Plus this clip discussing Sen. Ron Johnson
/
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

HST's Ghost

Post by HST's Ghost »

Didn't see the mass shooter thread, but gonna go out on a limb and ascribe this to racism:
8 dead in Atlanta-area massage parlor shootings, suspect arrested
At least six of the victims appeared to be Asian women, officials said. The shootings happened within an hour of one another at three sites.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/3- ... e-n1261262
"The dumber than dirt American we screwed to to floor"
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Huh.. if women at massage parlors were the target, I wonder if this is an overlap between anti-asian racism and incelness.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Ninja’d. Exactly.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Lani

Post by Lani »

neeneko wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:56 am Huh.. if women at massage parlors were the target, I wonder if this is an overlap between anti-asian racism and incelness.
I wondered that as well.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Lani wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:02 am
neeneko wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:56 am Huh.. if women at massage parlors were the target, I wonder if this is an overlap between anti-asian racism and incelness.
I wondered that as well.
Yep
101010 :towel:
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

Two hate crimes for the price of one. :mad:
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

"Pizza, guns, drums, music, family, and God…and racism. Mustn’t forget the racism.

https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula ... he-racism/
I haven’t even begun to plumb the depths of the hatred. Yesterday, a man deliberately walked into three Asian-American businesses and opened fire, killing 8 people, including 6 women of Asian descent. It’s a clear case of racial targeting and mass murder. They’ve caught the murderer, a scraggly-bearded 21 year old white man. We’re already hearing what a good kid he was.

Long was described as a religious person by a former classmate at Sequoyah High. The 21-year-old graduated in 2017. The classmate said Long’s dad was a pastor, and he had seemed “innocent” and “nerdy.”

“He was very innocent seeming and wouldn’t even cuss,” the classmate told The Daily Beast. “He was sorta nerdy and didn’t seem violent from what I remember. He was a hunter and his father was a youth minister or pastor. He was big into religion.”

Social media posts from the Crabapple First Baptist Church show Long and his family had a lengthy history with the church. Long’s father is not listed as a pastor at the church. The elders of the church released a statement to Heavy.com, saying they were “grieved” and “heartbroken.”
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

There was a time when I heard someone was religious ( probably a long time ago) when that conjured up a kind, giving person. Now, the first thing I think of is a racist, misogynist bigot. :cry:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:58 am There was a time when I heard someone was religious ( probably a long time ago) when that conjured up a kind, giving person. Now, the first thing I think of is a racist, misogynist bigot. :cry:
Yes!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:44 am "Pizza, guns, drums, music, family, and God…and racism. Mustn’t forget the racism.
Why do I suspect that the proposed 'solution' is going to be cracking down on massage parlors thus not leading poor innocent boys astray. Hard for people to be victims if they don't exist in the first place....
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

The suspect in the attacks told the police he had a ‘sexual addiction.’

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/03/17 ... -addiction
The police said on Wednesday that the gunman who shot and killed eight people at massage parlors in the Atlanta area on Tuesday indicated that he had a “sexual addiction” and may have targeted spas that he had visited in the past.

The police said the gunman claimed that he had not targeted the victims, six of whom were Asian, because of their race, but they cautioned that it was too early in the investigation to be sure that there wasn’t a racial motivation.

“He does claim that it was not racially motivated,” Capt. Jay Baker of the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office said. “He apparently has an issue, what he considers a sex addiction.”

Mr. Baker added that he saw the spas as “a temptation for him that he wanted to eliminate.”
He should have tried Klingsor's solution to that problem. :mad:

Return to “Current Politics”