Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

GOP Gossip

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Volkonski
Verified:

GOP Gossip

Post by Volkonski »

Olivia Beavers
@Olivia_Beavers
·
18m
SCOOP with
@MZanona
: Freshman Rep. Maria Elvira Salazar (R-Fla.) got into a passionate exchange over immigration issues w/ former Trump aide Stephen Miller during a meeting with a group of House Republicans on Wednesday, multiple GOP sources tell us.

Sources say Salazar pushed for immigration policies that would broaden GOP tent (they are a big tent party) while challenging Miller on how Rs can attract Hispanic and Latino voters given the ultra-conservative policies he is advocating.

They talked for 30 minutes afterwards.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: GOP Gossip

Post by Volkonski »

ABC News
@ABC
In a surprise move, a top Senate Republican, Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt, announces he will not run for reelection in 2022.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:27 pm https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1368975776306040833

ABC News
@ABC
In a surprise move, a top Senate Republican, Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt, announces he will not run for reelection in 2022.
Ack, making Josh Hawley the senior Senator. Anyone know what the race there may look like? Dems have a chance, or will they likely be electing more crazy?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Chris Polansky
@ChrisKPolansky
·
1h
Disgraced general & former Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn, who embraces radical conspiracy theories & pleaded guilty twice to lying to the FBI, has arrived in Tulsa. He's expected to speak in Jenks tonight, endorsing Jackson Lahmeyer over
@SenatorLankford
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

covfefe wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:33 pm
Volkonski wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:27 pm https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1368975776306040833

ABC News
@ABC
Ack, making Josh Hawley the senior Senator. Anyone know what the race there may look like? Dems have a chance, or will they likely be electing more crazy?
Not a chance. Expect more crazy. Missouri is basically Alabama once you leave St Louis or KC. Although Columbia isn't bad (college town).
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:39 am
covfefe wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:33 pm

ABC News
@ABC
Not a chance. Expect more crazy. Missouri is basically Alabama once you leave St Louis or KC. Although Columbia isn't bad (college town).
Like most states. Hence, Pennsyltucky.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/eric-greiten ... 35119.html
Former Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens (R), who resigned in 2018 amid several scandals the culminated in criminal charges, announced Monday on Fox News that he is running for Roy Blunt's open Senate seat in Missouri.

Why it matters: Greitens resigned as governor in 2018 after facing a felony charge for illegally obtaining a fundraising list and accusations of sexual assault. The felony charge was later dropped.

What he's saying: "I was honored to serve the people of Missouri as their governor. ... And I think that now, the people of Missouri need a fighter in the United States Senate, they need somebody who's gonna go as I will, as I'm committed to do, to defending President Trump's America First policies and also to protecting the people of Missouri from Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer's radical leftist agenda," he said on Fox.
It's getting so that you almost need a criminal record to run as a republican. :sick:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:56 pm It's getting so that you almost need a criminal record to run as a republican. :sick:
That ship sailed long ago... :mad:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

GOP mandating negative COVID test for entry to spring donor retreat in Florida

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... at-florida
Wealthy contributors to the RNC and other GOP causes are set to gather later this week in Palm Beach to hobnob with top party officials and hear from former President Donald Trump. Trump is set to host a portion of the retreat for a dinner speech at Mar-a-Lago, his private club and residence that has turned into a redoubt for ex-administration officials and Republican donors and businessmen.

But according to an email the RNC sent to people planning to attend the retreat obtained by the Washington Examiner, participants must first "take a COVID-19 PCR or Rapid Antigen test and receive a negative result." That information must be provided to the RNC in advance. Negative coronavirus tests are a prerequisite for attending the retreat, even for those who have been fully vaccinated against the coronavirus.

"Proof of a negative COVID-19 test result is required in order to receive your credentials for the weekend," the email stated. "If you or members in your party fail to fulfill this requirement, you will be denied entry to the 2021 RNC Spring Retreat."
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

A 2 hour whining speech by whatzisname in Chateaux Salmonella? That's a good reason to forge a positive Covid result.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:roll: So the GOP is calling MLB communists? :roll:

GOP
@GOP
MLB and Democrats, it looks like you have struck out with your hypocrisy.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Strike 3 is...odd.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

I really appreciate the GOP reverting to red-baiting and McCarthyism as their stock in trade. :roll:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Zachary Cohen
@ZcohenCNN
In Feb, Haley said this about Trump's role in stoking 1/6 riot: "We need to acknowledge he let us down," she told
@POLITICOMag
. "He went down a path he shouldn't have, & we shouldn't have followed him, & we shouldn't have listened to him. And we can't let that ever happen again."
Quote Tweet
Meg Kinnard
@MegKinnardAP
· 1h
I asked @NikkiHaley if she would support Donald Trump if he runs again in 2024.

“Yes,” she told me.

“I would not run if President Trump ran, and I would talk to him about it,” she added. “That’s something that we will have a conversation about, at some point.”
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Being sexist as only a woman be, why can’t Haley be fickle and change her mind? Seriously, she and many others will, sadly, remain in the Mouse from Mar a lago’s grip. :brickwallsmall:
tek

Post by tek »

I am sooooo tired of politicians with neither principles nor backbone.
windsock.jpg
windsock.jpg (23.11 KiB) Viewed 1806 times
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

a week ago (may be duplicate)
Texas GOP website down after Anonymous hack and replaced by Planned Parenthood fundraiser
Website URL was reclaimed on Monday but most of site remained down

John Bowden
Monday 13 September 2021 20:02

The website of the Texas Republican Party was the victim of an apparent hacking attack over the weekend and remained mostly offline on Monday.

The attack appeared to have been committed by individuals affiliated with the Anonymous movement; pages of the site were replaced with images of Pokémon, links directing users to the YourAnonNews Twitter account, and pop artist Rick Astley’s viral meme hit Never Gonna Give You Up.

Motivation for the hack was centred around the state’s new abortion ban, which prohibits the practice after six weeks of the pregnancy and has effectively stopped abortions in some parts of the state altogether.

Attackers also provided a link to the website of Planned Parenthood of Texas and stated in a video describing the attack as “Operation Jane” that they planned to launch similar hacking efforts aimed at interfering with any public or private entities associated with enforcing the abortion ban through its unique provision offering rewards of up to $10,000 to private citizens who file successful lawsuits against those accused of aiding an abortion after six weeks of the pregnancy.

No lawsuits have yet been filed under the state’s new law, which went into effect on the first of September. Abortion rights activists were hoping that an emergency plea for relief at the Supreme Court would halt the law from taking effect, but the court’s newly-cemented conservative majority declined to do so.

On Monday, the Texas Republican Party appeared to have regained partial control of the site; none of its usual content was available, and all URLs redirected to a splash page that outlined the attack and asked for donations. The extent of the Anonymous hack could still be seen on Internet Archive screenshots from over the weekend.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 19387.html

Return to “Current Politics”