Racism in America Becoming Fashionable Again

DejaMoo

Re: Is Racism in America Becoming Fashionable Again?

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 pm

ZekeB wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:52 pm
Roseanne groveling to get her job back?
They wanna do a spinoff, which wouldn't feature Roseanne. But she owns a piece of the show, and her association with it is holding it back. So --- we see Roseanne fake-apologizing in hopes that all will be forgiven and she can continue to rake in the bux.

It'll probably work, too. The network knew what she's like, so they just need her to appear to be remorseful.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:48 pm

bob wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:24 pm
RWW: Defeated Neo-Nazi Candidate Patrick Little Thinks He Actually Came In ‘First Or Second’:
Patrick Little, the neo-Nazi candidate who sought to represent California in the U.S. Senate, received 54,507 votes, giving him a dismal 1.4 percent of the popular vote and ending his chances of challenging Sen. Diane Feinstein in 2018. But during a live stream video uploaded last night, Little claimed that he actually came in “first or second in the primary.”

Little said that he is going to file a lawsuit alleging widespread voter fraud committed against him by “the Jewish supremacists and the Zionists” who are out to destroy him and that he was excited about proceeding with that legal action.
Shades of Taitz.
Now, see, Patrick, that’s why I am generally so fond of the Jewish folk: they are virtually never as stupid and useless as you are.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

vic

Post by vic » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:50 am

RoadScholar wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:48 pm
bob wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:24 pm
RWW: Defeated Neo-Nazi Candidate Patrick Little Thinks He Actually Came In ‘First Or Second’:
Patrick Little, the neo-Nazi candidate who sought to represent California in the U.S. Senate, received 54,507 votes, giving him a dismal 1.4 percent of the popular vote and ending his chances of challenging Sen. Diane Feinstein in 2018. But during a live stream video uploaded last night, Little claimed that he actually came in “first or second in the primary.”

Little said that he is going to file a lawsuit alleging widespread voter fraud committed against him by “the Jewish supremacists and the Zionists” who are out to destroy him and that he was excited about proceeding with that legal action.
Shades of Taitz.
Now, see, Patrick, that’s why I am generally so fond of the Jewish folk: they are virtually never as stupid and useless as you are.
And I thought you liked us because of the pastrami.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:33 am

Southwest asks white mom for ‘proof’ of biracial son

Lindsay Gottlieb, coach of the University of California at Berkeley’s women’s basketball team, said on May 28 a Southwest Airlines employee asked her to “prove” she was the mother of her biracial son, even after seeing the toddler’s passport.

May 30, 2018 | 5:36 PM EDT

Video at the link (of news interview, not the incident)

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:38 am

Southwest asks white mom for ‘proof’ of biracial son

Lindsay Gottlieb, coach of the University of California at Berkeley’s women’s basketball team, said on May 28 a Southwest Airlines employee asked her to “prove” she was the mother of her biracial son, even after seeing the toddler’s passport.

May 30, 2018 | 5:36 PM EDT

Video at the link (of news interview, not the incident)

https:// www.washingtonpost.com/video/national/s ... video.html

bob

Post by bob » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Funny, I always thought "Planet of the Apes" was a metaphor for race relations.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:17 pm

bob wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Funny, I always thought "Planet of the Apes" was a metaphor for race relations.
Pierre Boulle wrote the novel.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:26 pm

Say WHAT???

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

bob

Post by bob » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:31 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:17 pm
Pierre Boulle wrote the novel.
De minimis. ;)

Books have been written about it being a race-relations allegory. Yet the articles about Barr's tweet uncritically repeat her assertion. (Charitably, I assume, because it is such a laughable post hoc rationalization.)

But several note that Boulle wrote the novel. So minor victories.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:01 pm

And it only took her how long to make up this assertion?

So, Valerie Jarrett is the product of the Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes was an anti anti-Semitic remark. Right. :roll: :roll: :roll:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:41 pm

It’s the Anderson High School Redskins.

And at least for now, that’s the way it should stay, according to the Branding and Mascot Committee.

On Tuesday night, the committee recommended the school keep its controversial name.

That came at the end of a loud, uncomfortable meeting, with a room split down the middle.

:snippity:

Andy Wolf, one of the committee members who wants to keep the name, said he just wasn’t convinced that the name does any harm. He said it’s “politically correct bullying” pushing issue.

“The majority seems not to be offended,” he said. “It would be nice to make everyone feel happy, but I don’t know that that could happen.”
Asshole

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/e ... 693920002/

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Roseanne, I know Rod Serling, and you are no Rod Serling.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:22 pm

Uhh... yeah. That. I didn’t even need to look it up to know Serling didn’t write Planet of the Apes.

X3

MojoSapien

Post by MojoSapien » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:47 pm

Hiring Klayman, no doubt.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Racist blocks black doctor from entering her gated community — then calls the cops on her

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/watch- ... alls-cops/

In a video posted online, a black doctor in Atlanta who attempted to enter the gated community where she has a home was blocked from entering by a man who called the police to have her arrested, reports 11 Alive.

According to Dr. Nnenna Aguocha, she had just come off a night shift and was attempting to pull into the Buckhead Townhome complex where she has lived for eight years when the man blocked her with his SUV in a confrontation that lasted 30 minutes.

In the video you can see the man’s white car blocking the only way into the complex, with Aguocha approaching the man and pointing out where she lived as he muttered at her with his window rolled up.

“He got out of the car and threatened to call the police on me because I was trespassing,” she said in the video, adding. “This is racial profiling at its finest.”

X3

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:29 pm

Minnesota GOP chair says she faced racism from within party

https://apnews.com/3423264f174542b68c99 ... ce=Twitter
Carnahan posted on her personal Facebook page on Friday that some GOP leaders around the state have called her “a stupid Asian not even born in America” and used racial slurs, the Star Tribune reported. Carnahan was born in South Korea and adopted by Minnesota parents. The newspaper posted a screenshot of her post .

Carnahan told the newspaper that the remarks are “starting to get to me,” but declined to identify who attacked her. She said was merely venting on her personal page and thanking her father for his support after she reached out to him for advice.

Carnahan said on Facebook that she receives hate-filled email and social media messages on a daily basis. She wrote that she was confronted at President Donald Trump’s rally in Duluth this past week, where she said she was told she is “disgusting.” She said she has received emails telling her she is “not worth a penny” and should “crawl back into a hole and stay there,” and that she deserves to make less money than her male predecessors.

“I told (Trump) I want to run again to be chair because I want to deliver the state to you in 2020,” Carnahan said. “If I thought he was a racist or that anything he did was stoking racial divisions, I wouldn’t want to work on his behalf because I’ve had to deal with racism my entire life.”
That last sentence. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:37 pm

I cannot help but feel that if someone who is a potential target for racist abuse joins a racist party, that person is either very brave or very stupid.

I don't think Ms. Carnahan is very brave.

As she's a Trumpista, I have little sympathy for her. Did I say little sympathy? I meant no sympathy! Just a small dollop of schadenfreude.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:54 pm

'Rapists, animals, drug dealers': woman abuses US Latino man in echo of Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... CMP=twt_gu
Guzman, 27, works in construction on weekends to supplement his full-time job in IT as a systems administrator. He and his mother were clearing a yard in Running Springs, 80 miles east of Los Angeles, when the woman approached.

“She was yelling at my mom go back to Mexico,” Guzman told the Guardian.

Guzman said he was “afraid” for his mother’s safety when he approached.

“I was like hey, what’s the problem? And she said we were all illegals,” Guzman said. “I told her: ‘I’m a United States citizen.’ And she obviously she didn’t believe me.”

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:23 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:54 pm
'Rapists, animals, drug dealers': woman abuses US Latino man in echo of Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... CMP=twt_gu
Guzman, 27, works in construction on weekends to supplement his full-time job in IT as a systems administrator. He and his mother were clearing a yard in Running Springs, 80 miles east of Los Angeles, when the woman approached.

“She was yelling at my mom go back to Mexico,” Guzman told the Guardian.

Guzman said he was “afraid” for his mother’s safety when he approached.

“I was like hey, what’s the problem? And she said we were all illegals,” Guzman said. “I told her: ‘I’m a United States citizen.’ And she obviously she didn’t believe me.”
I have seen several such encounters published on Youtube. Don't no why, but all had been females.

Lunaluz
Occupation: Bean Counter for Boeing Commercial. You break it I find a way to fix it.

Post by Lunaluz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:39 pm

Isn't she nice......

A white woman allegedly hit a black teen, used racial slurs and told him to leave a pool. Then she bit a cop

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/29/us/pool- ... index.html

The facebook video is embedded in the CNN article.

I am sure the majority of people in the South are great and wonderful people and Paula is not representative of most of the region. I will say this however, Boeing offered me a management position in South Carolina when they were setting up the new plant. I said no thank you, too many bugs, and snakes and, as one sees, some of the snakes walk on 2 legs.

Sequoia32

Post by Sequoia32 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:10 pm

A video recording of part of Wednesday's incident shows a white man unleashing a string of racially charged epithets. Abbie Sanders, who posted the video to Facebook, said Friday that it was recorded by her husband, who she would only identify as Jose.

Sanders said the incident was sparked after the white man accused Jose of backing into the white man's car in the Villaggio Shopping Center on Blackstone Avenue across from River Park. Jose, who was driving a delivery truck, denies that he hit the white man's car, Sanders said.

She said her husband started recording because he felt threatened.
https://www.fresnobee.com/latest-news/a ... 91414.html

So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:42 pm

Ohio boy's business gets boost after neighbor calls cops on him for mowing lawn

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... story.html
Reggie said the police never spoke with him or his team — they finished their work, but they couldn’t but help feeling a bit discouraged.

That’s why Holt created a Facebook post about the incident, including a video which has now been viewed more than 325,000 times.

“Who calls the police for everything? They should be glad the kids aren’t out here breaking their car windows out. They should be glad the kids aren’t out here stealing their cars. You called the police because the kids are out here cutting grass,” Lucille Holt says in the two-minute clip. “Who does that?”

The viral video has spawned a bunch of new business for Reggie, who said he is trying to save up money for new equipment to grow his business. Holt said her social media inbox has been overwhelmed with people looking to get their yards tended to by Reggie.

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:18 pm

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:37 pm
I cannot help but feel that if someone who is a potential target for racist abuse joins a racist party, that person is either very brave or very stupid.
I see it as neither bravery nor stupidity, but of ideals.

Many people in marginalized groups want nothing more than to become part of the racist majority, to show the people who marginalize them that they are just like them, and will join them in normalcy to put lesser people where they belong.

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:20 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:42 pm
I ended up leaving the forums/pages for my neighborhood because they were filled with white residents sending out 'warnings' about things like 'black kid is going around offering to mow lawns' and 'black motorist asked my daughter for directions and left when I ran out of the house screaming at him'.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:47 pm

neeneko wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:20 pm
Volkonski wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:42 pm
I ended up leaving the forums/pages for my neighborhood because they were filled with white residents sending out 'warnings' about things like 'black kid is going around offering to mow lawns' and 'black motorist asked my daughter for directions and left when I ran out of the house screaming at him'.
I used to glance at a forum for an affluent community where every other post was an outraged, "That homeless man is BACK again! When are they going to do something/get rid of him?" etc. Apparently money is supposed to protect you from reality.

(Yes, not necessarily about race, but definitely white privilege.)

Return to “Social Issues”