Is Anyone Just Tired?

Bill_G

Re: Is Anyone Just Tired?

Post by Bill_G »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:18 am
Making masks like the devil is after me is (mostly) keeping me sane.
Awesome Sugar! :clap:

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Not tired, but worn out.

Seems like every agency wants their mobile command centers refurb'd at once. These motor homes converted to incident command centers during the W and Obama administrations have been in mothballs for a while, and it shows. We're working as fast as we can to upgrade all the comms to modern equipment, flat screen monitors, high speed wifi, etc etc. We don't do espresso makers. Sorry.

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Bill_G wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:03 pm
Not tired, but worn out.

Seems like every agency wants their mobile command centers refurb'd at once. These motor homes converted to incident command centers during the W and Obama administrations have been in mothballs for a while, and it shows. We're working as fast as we can to upgrade all the comms to modern equipment, flat screen monitors, high speed wifi, etc etc. We don't do espresso makers. Sorry.
I go past a local motor home/commercial bus renovator's place of business every day, and where he normally has perhaps a coach or two being refurbished, he now has NINE coaches crammed into his lot.

Jez

Post by Jez »

Tired is a good way to put it. But then again, I've been tired for 30+ years.

Things haven't changed much for me in the last few months. I work from home anyway, so that hasn't changed. What did change is my roommate started working from home. And probably will until at least the end of the month. Her hours are also getting cut a bit, so I may end up picking up the slack a little. I'm taking over the electric bill on top of what I pay her for rent.

I've tried to get her to sit down and work on a budget with me, for her, but she does that "sure sure..." but when I try to actually do it, she blows me off or gets defensive.

It also means I don't have my "quiet" during the week when she was normally at work. Though she isn't all up in my business or pestering me all the time, it can still be tiresome for me to not have the quiet during the day. I'm am looking forward to the day that we can go back to normal. Unless this is going to become the new normal. :cantlook:
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Azastan wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:23 pm

I go past a local motor home/commercial bus renovator's place of business every day, and where he normally has perhaps a coach or two being refurbished, he now has NINE coaches crammed into his lot.
The endtimers are getting ready to run to the woods. Rangers are reporting lots of people showing up at campgrounds disregarding the big CLOSED signs, and setting up anyway.

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Bill_G wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:06 am
Azastan wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:23 pm

The endtimers are getting ready to run to the woods. Rangers are reporting lots of people showing up at campgrounds disregarding the big CLOSED signs, and setting up anyway.
Could be, but these seem to be commercial coaches, as if they figure that since they can't be used for passengers right now, might as well get them refurbished for when people are going to start traveling again?

But I bet you are right about people getting ready to run to the woods, not realizing that everyone else has the same idea.

Lani

Post by Lani »

We're now having people fly in without proof of accommodations. Incomers must have proof of where they will be staying so the police can check on them to ensure quarantine. It's happening on a few islands these days. No proof of accommodations, no release. They can book a flight out immediately or go to the cell block.

They shouldn't have been allowed to fly to Hawaii in the first place if they didn't have proof. :madguy:

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Lani wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:28 am
We're now having people fly in without proof of accommodations. Incomers must have proof of where they will be staying so the police can check on them to ensure quarantine. It's happening on a few islands these days. No proof of accommodations, no release. They can book a flight out immediately or go to the cell block.

They shouldn't have been allowed to fly to Hawaii in the first place if they didn't have proof. :madguy:
The easiest way for the authorities to clamp down on that might be to have a regukati that if an airline transports someone without proof of accommodation at their destination, the airline is responsible for the return flight. That'll make them check pre-boarding. Of, indeed, fine the airline.

I don't know if there are legal/constitutional problems with that approach but I think it's similar to the requirements in Europe where people used to be caught unawares for to not realizing they needed good ID even for internal flights, even before the post-9/11 crackdowns.

Return to “Social Issues”