Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Re: Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Post by ZekeB »

Once it's been heard, it cannot be unheard. Karma works both ways, Donnie.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

ZekeB wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:30 pm Once it's been heard, it cannot be unheard. Karma works both ways, Donnie.
As they say in court you can't unring a bell.
Addie

Post by Addie »

CNN: The Atlantic's editor-in-chief says his story about Trump calling vets 'losers' is just the beginning

New York (CNN Business)Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of The Atlantic, said his magazine's story about Trump calling Americans who died in battle "losers" and "suckers," was just the tip of the iceberg.

"I would fully expect more reporting to come out about this and more confirmation and new pieces of information in the coming days and weeks," Goldberg told CNN's Chief Media Correspondent Brian Stelter on "Reliable Sources" Sunday. "We have a responsibility and we're going to do it regardless of what he says." ...

"We all have to use anonymous sources, especially in a climate where the president of the United States tries to actively intimidate," Goldberg said of his editorial decision to cite nameless people. "These are not people who are anonymous to me." ...

On Sunday, Trump fired back at The Atlantic, directly attacking its majority owner, Laurene Powell Jobs. ...

"We're not going to be intimidated by the President of the United States. We're going to do our jobs," Goldberg said.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

I wish he would have said they weren't going to be intimidated by donald trump, instead of POTUS. That still makes me throw up in my mouth. But it is what it is.
ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Miles Taylor, who has been speaking out quite a bit on his experiences in Trump Admin, was teasing on CNN yesterday that more were going to be speaking out and soon. :popcorn:

Note: it appears that Taylor has signed on with CNN as a "Contributor". Does that mean he'll only be on CNN from now on?
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

This is what still amazes me about Twitter. A half hour ago, I saw a tweet from General Hertling and replied with another one of Donald's lies. Just now saw he read and gave the reply a like. Remarkable how much more accessible people are now in the age of social media. It was an honor to see the like... small pleasure but there are so few these days. :P If you aren't using Twitter, give it a try, people are more reachable than you think (especially if you're on subject and have new information to relay). Wikipedia on the General:
Mark Phillip Hertling (born September 29, 1953) is a former United States Army officer. From March 2011 to November 2012, he served as the Commanding General of U.S. Army Europe and the Seventh Army. Hertling served in Armor, Cavalry, planning, operations and training positions, and commanded every organization from Platoon to Field Army. He commanded the U.S. Army's 1st Armored Division and Task Force Iron/Multinational Division-North in Iraq during the troop surge of 2007 to 2008.
Hertling Troop Pay.JPG

Hertling Troop Pay.JPG

Donald mocks the troops, nobody in his family has served. People tolerated him for a long time but with people talking over the long weekend, Donald deserves a polling drop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Avatar: LDIT's Post-election #FAIL record in court. And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon! Returns 2021. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 10 years Admin Law Judge for 4 state agencies. Retired but still available for ass kicking.

Post by SuzieC »

BidenHarris2020 group on FB admin asked members to post photos of their military relatives to show that they are not losers or suckers. FB has been FLOODED. I posted a pic of my Navy son and (ahem) it is leading in likes and comments. My son is a very good looking young man.
Addie

Post by Addie »

Business Insider: Former defense secretary says Trump's word and actions 'on the record' corroborates Atlantic report of him belittling American veterans

Former Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel said in a Sunday interview with ABC that The Atlantic's report that President Donald Trump belittled American veterans "will resonate" with US soldiers because of the president's track record of deriding Americans who served in the army.

In a report published Thursday, The Atlantic stated that anonymous sources said Trump derided the late former senator John McCain and the late former President George H. W. Bush as "losers" because they were shot down while serving in the US Navy.

Hagel said that the report is in line with Trump's words and actions "on the record," which speak to the "credibility of this article." He pointed out that Trump's derision of late Senator John McCain, former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, and retired US Marine Corps general John Kelly are among many of Trump's track record criticizing former American veterans that "corroborates" the report.

"Facts are facts," the former Defense Secretary told ABC News. "I think this is a pretty clear indictment of this president's attitude towards our veterans."

A recipient of two Purple Hearts while serving in the Vietnam War, Hagel added that such "despicable" comments are "beneath the dignity of any commander-in-chief."
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

SuzieC wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:02 pm BidenHarris2020 group on FB admin asked members to post photos of their military relatives to show that they are not losers or suckers. FB has been FLOODED. I posted a pic of my Navy son and (ahem) it is leading in likes and comments. My son is a very good looking young man.
:bighug:
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

SuzieC wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:02 pm BidenHarris2020 group on FB admin asked members to post photos of their military relatives to show that they are not losers or suckers. FB has been FLOODED. I posted a pic of my Navy son and (ahem) it is leading in likes and comments. My son is a very good looking young man.
Thanks to your son Suzie! If you have a link we'd be happy to give him a like and comment :P

Avatar: LDIT's Post-election #FAIL record in court. And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon! Returns 2021. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
Addie

Post by Addie »

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 10 years Admin Law Judge for 4 state agencies. Retired but still available for ass kicking.

Post by SuzieC »

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

SuzieC wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:46 am orlylicious:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BIDEN20 ... &ref=notif
Private group. :(
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The malicious lies about
@realDonaldTrump
from anonymous sources in the Atlantic are disgusting.

This story is an insult to journalism.

I would know, because I was there->
I'd like to hear from the families of the dead soldiers she says he called.
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Kendra wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:09 pm
The malicious lies about
@realDonaldTrump

Wait! What? I had no idea the president made death notifications personally.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

:yeah: :shark: :yeah: :yeah: :splat:
Sugar Magnolia wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:26 pm
The malicious lies about
@realDonaldTrump

:yeah:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Sugar Magnolia wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:26 pm
The malicious lies about
@realDonaldTrump

I watched some documentary or TV news magazine story about that years ago. No, the President doesn't call to give notifications. Those teams (always two military persons) tasked with making that in-person door-knock are very well trained. It's a very somber yet important job.

Sure, after the fact, some may get a phone call from the President, or at least a robo-signed letter, but no no... the notifications are always in-person.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

The guy who wanted to pimp her out to Kim Jong-un is very respectful, she says.

Equal parts :rotflmao: and :sick:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

Sarah's lips were moving. We know what that means. The only difference between Sarah and Kayleigh is people looked at Kayleigh a little longer.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Also, too, the Idiot doesn't like to deal with icky things like death.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Typically the President would call widows and family members if a military member was KIA. (Bush, Bush Jr., Clinton, Obama). That didn't happen when the list was in the dozens or hundreds, but it had been a policy for some time.

But early on Trump forgot the name of one of the "losers" when speaking to his widow and was so shaken by her calling him on it that he stopped making the calls.

I have tweeted Baghdad Roberta to correct her mis-remembering.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I saw a quote from him about his he was disgusted by the sight of a wounded vet at a parade.

I don't know where that came from or how valid it is.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I've been posting a few from my dad's scrapbook.

Can anyone spot the odd thing about my dad's uniform in that last picture?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

The shirt pocket looks large or like something is in it.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.

Return to “Military”