Amazon

Whatever4

Re: Amazon

Post by Whatever4 »

I never figured out how to walk in backless shoes. I end up flinging them forwards by accident.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Speaking about feet, I just had Amazon deliver a foot shiatsu massage machine.

Heaven.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Okay, I'm jealous. :mrgreen:
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:48 am
Speaking about feet, I just had Amazon deliver a foot shiatsu massage machine.

Heaven.
Don't do stupid shit. -Barack Obama

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Invospa Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine with Heat - $108.97 on Amazon.

Pro tip: Best to wear socks when getting the massage.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Wow, that price isn't bad at all. Maybe next winter :-D

Miss Meh

Post by Miss Meh »

Addie wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:21 pm
One thing about the RockDove slippers I should mention. The backs sort of slouch down at the heel, so although the slippers are not backless, it's as if they were. It's not bothering me in the least, but in case it would matter to you, I wanted you to know.
Addie, I got the slippers today and they are sooo comfortable. Had to stretch the opening a bit the 1st time I put them on (my Fred Flintstone feet) but they eased up after I wore them for a while. And there's enough of a lip on the back so I don't go flinging them off when I walk like Whatever4 said. :lol:

Thank you so much for suggesting them!

Addie

Post by Addie »

Happy, happy :bunny:

I can say for sure that these RockDove slippers only get more comfortable with each passing day.

TexasFilly has a different brand, but similar in construction and materials, and she pointed out something I hadn't thought of. (TexasFilly is good at that. :lovestruck: ) When you wash them in the machine they take a few days to dry. So I get to buy another pair to have a spare. :dance:
Miss Meh wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:09 am
Addie wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:21 pm
One thing about the RockDove slippers I should mention. The backs sort of slouch down at the heel, so although the slippers are not backless, it's as if they were. It's not bothering me in the least, but in case it would matter to you, I wanted you to know.
Addie, I got the slippers today and they are sooo comfortable. Had to stretch the opening a bit the 1st time I put them on (my Fred Flintstone feet) but they eased up after I wore them for a while. And there's enough of a lip on the back so I don't go flinging them off when I walk like Whatever4 said. :lol:

Thank you so much for suggesting them!

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

AMAZONAmazon Fires Delivery Firms For Not Meeting Safety Standards
ByPYMNTS
Posted on February 14, 2020

Hundreds Of Jobs Lost As Amazon Cuts Ties With Logistics Company

Bear Down Logistics, a company that expanded quickly in the past few years delivering packages for Amazon, will no longer be working with the company and was forced to cut hundreds of jobs as a result, according to a report by Bloomberg.

The company is ceasing operations in five states after it failed to meet Amazon’s standards. Because Amazon no longer works with United Parcel Service (UPS) or FedEx, there was an opportunity for smaller outfits to work with the delivery giant. The move shows that while Amazon offers opportunities to smaller companies, it will not hesitate to cut them off if its standards aren’t met.

https://www.pymnts.com/amazon/2020/amaz ... standards/

Shizzle Popped

Post by Shizzle Popped »

I guess I hadn't noticed that Amazon had stopped shipping via UPS. I knew they had stopped using FedEx which was fine with me. Now that I think about it, everything has been delivered USPS lately and I have to say that they've been doing a great job. I had no complaints with UPS but USPS shipments generally seemed to get here faster.
If Trump was a stopped clock he still wouldn't be right twice a day.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Amazon's Ring will now allow users to opt out of all police video requests

BY ALISON FOREMAN
FEB 01, 2020

After a wave of bad press involving police partnerships, hacking, and other privacy violations, Amazon's Ring doorbell has released an update.

On Friday, the smart device's mobile app rolled out a new control center that grants users more authority over their privacy and security settings. You'll now be able to add and remove shared users on an account, restrict third-party access, view two-factor authentication settings, and (perhaps, most importantly) opt out of all video request notifications from law enforcement.

Uncovered in reporting by Motherboard and Gizmodo in 2019, the scale of Amazon's Neighbor Portal program is much larger than originally believed — and its various affiliations with law enforcement has raised alarming ethical questions.

In the new update, users will be able to see an "Active Law Enforcement Map" clarifying which local institutions are part of the Neighbor Portal network. They will also be able to disable requests for video from officials, whether or not they have received one in the past. (This feature was available previously, but an account had to have received one request for the opt-out option to appear.)

https://mashable.com/article/ring-updat ... -requests/

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Amazon's Ring logs every doorbell press and app action
By Leo Kelion Technology desk editor
4 March 2020

The Ring doorbells use both cameras and motion sensors to detect when someone approaches

Amazon keeps records of every motion detected by its Ring doorbells, as well as the exact time they are logged down to the millisecond.

The details were revealed via a data request submitted by the BBC.

It also disclosed that every interaction with Ring's app is also stored, including the model of phone or tablet and mobile network used.

One expert said it gave Amazon the potential for even broader insight into its customers' lives.

"What's most interesting is not just the data itself, but all the patterns and insights that can be learned from it," commented independent privacy expert Frederike Kaltheuner.

"Knowing when someone rings your door, how often, and for how long, can indicate when someone is at home.

"If nobody ever rang your door, that would probably say something about your social life as well."

She added that it remained unclear how much further "anonymised" data was also being collected.

"This isn't just about privacy, but about the power and monetary value that is attached to this data."

Amazon says it uses the information to evaluate, manage and improve its products and services.

https:// www.bbc.com/news/technology-51709247

Return to “Economy”