Cops Behaving Badly

Sugar Magnolia

Re: Cops Behaving Badly

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:16 pm Fastest terminations I've ever seen in law enforcement.

MPD Chief Arradondo: 4 Police Officers Fired Following Death Of George Floyd

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/05/ ... rge-floyd/
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo has announced that four officers are now “former employees” with the department, following the death of George Floyd in South Minneapolis Monday evening.

On Tuesday afternoon, the office of lawyer Tom Kelly confirmed they were representing one of the officers involved in the case, and confirmed his identity as Derek Chauvin.

George Floyd was arrested Sunday night for an alleged forgery at a deli. Officers say he resisted arrest before one of the officers kneeled on Floyd’s neck.

The video shows Floyd struggling, and you can hear him saying he could not breathe. Four minutes in, Floyd appears to go unconscious. The officer continued to hold him down, until Floyd was pulled onto a stretcher.

He later died at Hennepin Healthcare.
Yep. Just a couple of hours after the union rep warned people not to jump to conclusions before all the facts were in. I'm really hoping the next step, and SOON, is criminal charges.

And every officer is going to say they were resisting arrest if there is any use of force involved, even if the resisting is just them flapping their gums.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

TexasFilly wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:23 pm
These motherfuckers should be fired and brought up on criminal charges, sooner rather than later.
Yes. As the poet Al Sharpton just said "Someone loses their life and they lose their job?" The brazenness of doing this in broad daylight when they know they are being recorded is such incredible privilege. No doubt the RWNJs will say "Don't resist arrest" while they are coughing in people's faces. :madguy:
Like the fuckwitted little Napoleon cop telling the crowd "don't do drugs" like that was something profound to negate what was literally going on right behind him.

I can't wait until their names are released and they are held up to public ridicule. And I think at least one of them was a supervisor.

jmj

Post by jmj »

Constant sound of helicopters outside my house right now. The intersection is closed down due to a gathering protest. I'm conflicted about going due to risk of virus spread, etc.
Sekrit Stuffs!
This is happening literally blocks from my house

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

jmj wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:37 pm Constant sound of helicopters outside my house right now. The intersection is closed down due to a gathering protest. I'm conflicted about going due to risk of virus spread, etc.
Sekrit Stuffs!
Can you give us a hint, at least what State?

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
jmj

Post by jmj »

TexasFilly wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:50 pm
jmj wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:37 pm Constant sound of helicopters outside my house right now. The intersection is closed down due to a gathering protest. I'm conflicted about going due to risk of virus spread, etc.
Sekrit Stuffs!
Sorry, I thought it would be obvious. It's about the police killing in Minneapolis.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Watching a man die.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

jmj wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:51 pm
TexasFilly wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:50 pm
Sekrit Stuffs!
Sorry, I thought it would be obvious. It's about the police killing in Minneapolis.
One never knows around here. Thanks for the clarification!

kate520

Post by kate520 »

I won’t watch the video. I have no desire to be a voyeur at the circus.

I’m sorry this happened in your city, jmj. I think of Minnesotans as being like Garrison Keillor’ s beloved townspeople, I suppose, not racists.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY
jmj

Post by jmj »

I'm not attending the protest. Watching the live coverage, I fear that the tragedy of this death will be compounded by the tragedy of a covid outbreak. I hope not.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Pete connects these two incidents.

https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/statu ... 5270266885
Pete Buttigieg@PeteButtigieg

The killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis. The racism on display in Central Park. This can’t just continue to be a day in the life in the USA. This is systemic and it won’t change on its own.
7:14 PM · May 26, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

bob

Post by bob »

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

bob wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:44 pm Image
:yeah: :like:

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

jmj wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:57 pm I'm not attending the protest. Watching the live coverage, I fear that the tragedy of this death will be compounded by the tragedy of a covid outbreak. I hope not.
Don't blame you. If you thought my question was stupid, apparently the victim was from Houston and there was a crowd gathering here too. Also. And while most were wearing masks, some were not, and the masked people were hugging the unmasked. :eek2:

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Minneapolis riot listening on broadcastify.com. Cops reporting shooting, instructed to carry live rounds and chemical weapons on their persons.

Calling on injured officers to report in for transport to EMS.

I've heard this bull before.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

DejaMoo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:18 pm Minneapolis riot listening on broadcastify.com. Cops reporting shooting, instructed to carry live rounds and chemical weapons on their persons.

Sounding like a real mess. Any video feeds?

Police were ordered to fire 40mm gel projectiles at rock throwers.

https://www.broadcastify.com/webPlayer/27929

jmj

Post by jmj »

neonzx wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:32 pm
DejaMoo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:18 pm Minneapolis riot listening on broadcastify.com. Cops reporting shooting, instructed to carry live rounds and chemical weapons on their persons.

Unicorn Riot had a live video feed, but it went down just recently.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

Minneapolis–
Kent State
185526AD-EC5A-4868-97C9-C8EAD5A848B2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

neonzx wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:32 pm

They stopped with the tear gas when they switched to using gel projectiles. Further just ordered again no more gas.
Protesters still lobbing rocks at officers over the barricades protesters made with shopping carts. Officers to remove their gas masks.
It's winding down, I think.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Reading the comments on Facebook local media pages is always a bad idea. Several commenters have claimed if the victim can say “I can’t breathe” then they obviously can still breathe. (Well, until they can’t. Ever again.)

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
Indigo

Post by Indigo »

Some militia types (white males) were posting to social media that they were planning on going armed to the MPD 3rd Precinct, in order to intervene and take on the protesters there with force. I am glad that, this time at least, their talk was apparently nothing more than talk as usual. But who knows about tomorrow? They would only make a bad situation even worse by showing up there.

I can also see the Oathkeepers trying to get in on the act as they have done in Ferguson, MI (re: Michael Brown police shooting) and elsewhere when it suits their self-promotion purposes, if there ends up being enough ongoing unrest in Minneapolis to make it worth their while.

Some of the fired MPD officers' personal information has also been blasted all over social media, I have seen it on right-wing sovcit and left wing social media. The information includes names, multiple photographs of them, home addresses (screen shots look like they were taken from a county assessor's web site), family member names & ages (that had nothing to do with the killing), and more. Unknown if the information is accurate or not. However, it is obvious that the intent is for vigilante justice to be exercised.

Not to be outdone, someone providing a live feed with a large audience (of the demonstration) was reportedly "swatted" by apparent white supremacists (once again, organizing their efforts on social media) in retaliation for providing the feed of the demonstrators that may have included political content they disagreed with. Innocent people have been killed in swatting incidents in the past.

What happened to George Floyd at the hands (and knees) of the MPD was absolutely awful. I can understand why members of the community there (and elsewhere) are so upset. But in some of the live feeds I watched of the demonstrations, at different points (such as where an occupied MPD patrol car was surrounded by an angry mob & no backup in sight), some individuals (PoC) emerged and tried to block those enraged from attacking (they were successful in that instance). Very brave given the crowd dynamics going on.

Violence is certainly understandable but it is not the answer.

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --President George W. Bush
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

In case there was any confusion.

NOT HIM
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/make- ... again-hat/
Sorry for the misinformation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

tencats

Post by tencats »

New video shows George Floyd being dragged out of his car without resisting arrest, handcuffed and manhandled on the sidewalk before he was 'murdered' by cop who kneeled on his neck.

kate520

Post by kate520 »

My first thought: They were pissed off about a black man driving a Mercedes.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Sugar Magnolia wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:34 am In case there was any confusion.
Not sure about the racist cap.

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”