Lawyers Behaving Badly

Mikedunford

Re: Lawyers Behaving Badly

Post by Mikedunford » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:36 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:34 pm
Brud Rossman, Esq. Sues "The Jews"

He also likes to settle disputes by challenging opponents to duels - because that's how Alexander Hamilton did it.
Hey, it worked for Hamilton, right?

I believe that each era finds a improvement in law each year brings something new for the benefit of mankind.

--Clarence Earl Gideon

bob

Post by bob » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:50 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:34 pm
Brud Rossman, Esq. Sues "The Jews"
It has reportedly already been dismissed.

The internet has much to say about Brud Rossman, e.g., he's a HLS ('89) grad, and still licensed in New York. And that this isn't first cray-cray rodeo.

Mikedunford wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:36 pm
Hey, it worked for Hamilton, right?
SPOILERS! :torches:

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

MojoSapien

Post by MojoSapien » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:50 pm

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:09 pm

MojoSapien wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:50 pm
Lawyer And Crook

http://turnto10.com/news/local/johnston ... racy-fraud
hahahaha!

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:14 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:09 pm
MojoSapien wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:50 pm
Lawyer And Crook

http://turnto10.com/news/local/johnston ... racy-fraud
hahahaha!
That was a seriously stoopid plan.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:08 pm

Suge Knight's Former Lawyers Arrested on Felony Charge
By Daniel Kreps
January 26, 2018

Two of Suge Knight's former lawyers were arrested Thursday on allegations that they were "accessories after the fact," a felony charge that stems from the Death Row Records mogul's murder trial.

Matthew Fletcher and Thaddeus Culpepper, who both served as Knight's attorneys on his still-pending murder trial, were taken into custody Friday, five months after prosecutors first accused the pair of bribing witnesses in order to help secure Knight a non-guilty verdict in his trial for the murder of Terry Carter. Both Fletcher and Culpepper denied the charges, the Los Angeles Times reports.

In August, prosecutors presented a 22-page filing detailing how Knight, Fletcher, Knight's fiancée Toi-Lin Kelly and business partner Mark Blankenship "had an understanding that they were going to assist the defendant in procuring witnesses for his defense, which included payments for fabricated testimony."

In a recorded prison conversation, Fletcher allegedly discussed paying people to act as "witnesses" during Knight's trial; the crux of Knight's defense is that the mogul saw someone brandish a gun outside the Straight Outta Compton promotional shoot in January 2015, potentially rendering Knight's hit-and-run murder of Carter into an act of self-defense.

"I'll pay anything ... if we can get the two or three versions from the bikers on tape," Fletcher said in the prison conversation. "It's going home time. Right? That's a fair motherfucking investment, you know, 20, 25 thousand dollars to pay to these motherfuckers to get home." Prosecutors allege Fletcher was discussing witness tampering, while the lawyer previously stated he was talking about purchasing video from bikers that had corroborating evidence to the gun theory.

Prosecutors also accused Fletcher of leaking sealed surveillance video of Knight's truck running over two men – Carter and Cle "Bone" Sloan," allegedly Knight's initial target – to TMZ. While Fletcher denied the accusations – the video appeared on TMZ one day after he took on Knight as a client – both Kelly and Blankenship faced charges for selling the video to TMZ for $55,000.
more...

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news ... ge-w515920

also

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/2-former-l ... -arrested/

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

bob

Post by bob » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:05 pm

HuffPo: Every Lawyer In Utah Just Received A Picture Of Boobs:
Whoops!

Attorneys across Utah received an unexpected piece of email from the State Bar on Monday: a picture of boobs.

“We are horrified,” John Baldwin, the organization’s executive director, told Fox 13 in Salt Lake City. “We are investigating to discover how this occurred. Our goal is to find out what happened and ensure it never happens again.”

The Utah State Bar also tweeted an apology:

The email contained the subject line “2018 Spring Convention Walk-Ins Welcome! Learn How!” along with an image promoting the March 8-10 event. Below that was an image of a woman’s breasts.
("More" ;) , as they say, at the link.)

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:44 pm

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/4 ... hael-Cohen
Trump Lawyer Is Being Investigated. No, Not Michael Cohen.

While the attention is focused on Michael Cohen, another Trump lawyer’s corruption is flying under the radar. This time, it’s none other than the “devoted Christian” Jay Sekulow. Sekulow is so dedicated to serving the Lord that he runs a nonprofit group called Christian Advocates Serving Evangelism (CASE).

It turns out that that his service to Jesus is more than a little bit self-serving. Attorneys General for two states are investigating CASE for allegedly diverting tens of millions of dollars to Sekulow, his family. and their businesses. The investigations are being conducted by Eric Schneiderman of New York and Josh Stein of North Carolina.

The [North Carolina] Democratic state law enforcement officials acted following the disclosure that Case and an affiliate have since 2000 paid more than $60m in compensation and contracts to Sekulow, his relatives and companies where they hold senior roles.

People receiving calls in 2010 who declined to donate on the grounds that they could generally not afford to contribute were told by telemarketers: “I wouldn’t call if this weren’t an absolute emergency,” and that abortions would be funded by Obamacare. “Just in the time that we’ve talked, three more innocent babies have lost their lives,” said the marketers’ script.If still resistant to donating, people were to be told: “Millions of lives may be at stake.”

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed May 16, 2018 3:05 pm

The Hummingbird 🐦
@SaysHummingbird
Please share. We want to identify him.

Watch this bigot freak out after hearing Spanish spoken in NYC. He then starts harassing the two women and threatens to call ICE.

As my friend @ShaunKing rightly says, Trump has normalized this racist rhetoric.

8:42 AM - May 16, 2018

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed May 16, 2018 3:10 pm

He was identified almost instantly.

White man threatens to call ICE on Spanish-speaking workers at Midtown Fresh Kitchen

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/man ... -1.3993056
A racist and ranting white customer threatened to sic federal immigration officials on workers at a Midtown restaurant — because they spoke in Spanish.

A viral video of the Tuesday lunchtime explosion captured the condescending patron declaring the employees were in "my country" before ripping into the manager of the Fresh Kitchen on Madison Ave.

:snippity:

The fuming customer was widely identified as Manhattan lawyer Aaron Schlossberg, 42, a registered Republican whose company bio claims he is fluent in Spanish.

The front desk at Schlossberg's Madison Ave. office building was turning away all visitors at his request, and the phones in the office were turned off. Someone answering the phone at his Manhattan residence hung up without saying a word when called by a reporter.
This has gone viral. He is getting pounded on Google and Yelp.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed May 16, 2018 3:13 pm

Ana is on his case. :-D

Oh, why yes, he is a Trump supporter.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed May 16, 2018 3:19 pm

jordan

@JordanUhl
The asshole lawyer caught on video mad about people speaking Spanish in NYC that @ShaunKing is calling out?@Ike_Saul caught him on video yelling "You are not a Jew" to Jewish people last year.

10:56 AM - May 16, 2018

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed May 16, 2018 3:20 pm

Ana Navarro

@ananavarro
If this fool comes to Miami, he’ll have an aneurism.
I’d like to teach him a few choice Spanish words, pero pa’que perder el tiempo con semejante estupido, imbecil, come gofio, enano intelectual, racista, asqueroso, mequetrefe, indecente, idiota, arrastrado, acomplejado?🤷🏻‍♀️

1:07 PM - May 16, 2018

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 pm

He is now getting it on his FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Law-Office ... 271025797/

So far he has received over 7200 one star reviews just today. A sample-
I would advocate that no one use this bigot! If you dont even know that undocumented people are no elgible for social services how in the world could you possibly be any good as an attorney! You should be ashamed of youself! Its amazing how all useless bigots like you love to confront women. wonder why that is?

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed May 16, 2018 3:34 pm

He has lived a privileged life. Graduate of the Haverford School, Johns Hopkins University and the George Washington University Law School.

Despite all that fancy education he does not seem to have learned how to behave in public. ;)

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed May 16, 2018 6:20 pm

https://aplus.com/a/man-berates-people- ... sh-kitchen
My encounter with the man happened at an anti-Linda Sarsour rally on May 25, 2017. I reported on the rally for A Plus.

Sarsour was expected to deliver a commencement speech at City University of New York's Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy, and protesters had gathered on the street outside of my office building to object. Milo Yiannopoulos, Pamela Geller, and a host of other far-right conservative provocateurs were there.

One of their lead rabbis, Dovid Feldman told me that he was there to defend Sarsour — who he said he knew — and spread his message of support for Palestine. But shortly after our interview began, he was interrupted by this man, who came over and berated him and a few other individuals who were with him. The man, who King identified as Schlossberg, insisted that Feldman was a "fake Jew," inciting chants of "fake Jews" over and over again while giving them the middle finger.

In two videos I am publishing in full here for the first time, the man can be seen telling me that he's been to Israel twice and is Jewish himself, all the while insisting Feldman, the well-known Haredi Jewish leader, was faking it. In a second video, he is again seen giving the group of Jews the middle finger, this time dancing and shaking his backside at them.

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu May 17, 2018 9:54 am

So depressing. I want to cry every day. :cantlook:

¡Qué vergüenza!

Fiona

Post by Fiona » Thu May 17, 2018 10:01 am

Addie wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:54 am
So depressing. I want to cry every day. :cantlook:
I do. I haven’t teared up this frequently since my first year working as a nurse. (Lots of time in the employee bathroom crying that year).

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu May 17, 2018 10:14 am

Volkonski wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:34 pm
He has lived a privileged life. Graduate of the Haverford School, Johns Hopkins University and the George Washington University Law School.

Despite all that fancy education he does not seem to have learned how to behave in public. ;)
I'm almost sad I never see this sort of thing where I live. 'Cause I would have laid that pencil-necked son of a bitch right the fuck out. :madguy:

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu May 17, 2018 10:38 am

Aneiry Batista shared a post.
13 hrs ·
And this is what my boss is doing, “My office will be filing a formal legal grievance to the State Grievance Committee against #AaronSchlossberg due to his misconduct. @ShaunKing @NYSBA Melissa Mark-Viverito Juan Ignacio Rosa Angelica M Infante Rose Pierre-LouisDebbie Medina
https://www.facebook
.com/aneiry/posts/10155774457763742

Congressman Adriano Espaillat (Serving New York's 13th Congressional District)
16 hrs ·
Racism in America takes many shapes and forms. I took an oath to defend and protect my community, our community, and what we witnessed in this vile video from Aaron Schlossberg, which has since gone viral, is a slap in the face to the more than 50 years of progress that this nation has made since the Civil Rights movement. The audacity to profile and verbally assault innocent bystanders, customers, in a public commercial location is a violation of our civil society. I watched Aaron’s video and I am disgusted. My office will be filing a formal grievance to the State Grievance Committee because of his misconduct to say such behavior will not, and must never be tolerated.

http://www.nydailynews.com/…/white-man- ... ish-speaki

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu May 17, 2018 10:40 am

A third video has surfaced. It is a weird one.

Shaun King

@ShaunKing
You have to see this.

My friend @MoreWillie was randomly assaulted on a New York sidewalk and called "an ugly fucking foreigner" by Aaron Schlossberg all the way back in October of 2016. He posted this back then.

Willie, by the way, is a white man from Massachusetts.

5:48 AM - May 17, 2018

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu May 17, 2018 10:46 am

New York Daily News
Manhattan lawyer keeps big mouth shut after racist restaurant rant goes viral

Big-mouthed bigot Aaron Schlossberg suddenly has nothing to say.

The unwitting star of a viral video where he delivered a racist rant in a Midtown restaurant emerged Thursday from his Manhattan apartment without any comment on his sudden notoriety.

Schlossberg, 42, wore a black beanie and a blue suit as he hid behind an umbrella for about 10 minutes while ignoring questions from reporters.

The attorney, who received national scorn for his crude commentary, did call the police after accusing a Daily News reporter and photographer of harassment. ...

Schlossberg disappeared Wednesday as he became the target of widespread scorn for his hateful diatribe.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu May 17, 2018 11:12 am

Yesterday the Schlossberg law firm website showed two people on its home page-

Today the lady has been removed.

Also, the names and info about the other lawyers who work there have been removed.

This guy is well educated and successful. Even if he is a bigot one might think that he would keep that side of him hidden in public for the sake of the firm that bears his name. It was such a little thing that set him off at Fresh Kitchen. :roll:

On Twitter some people who have used the Schlossberg firm are taking pains to distance themselves.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu May 17, 2018 11:22 am

Memo to Mr. Schlossberg- There are a lot of Spanish-speaking New Yorkers.

The most commonly spoken language in each of NYC's neighborhoods.

The second most commonly spoken language in each of NYC's neighborhoods.

There is a lot more data about NYC languages in the article these graphs come from-

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-york ... he-bronx-5

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu May 17, 2018 11:50 am

Andrew Ramos

@AndrewRamosTV
EXCLUSIVE: Just happened - I confronted Aaron Schlossberg outside court in Queens. He surprisingly had nothing to say about his racist rant. This is the FIRST time we see him after he went viral. @PIX11News

10:40 AM - May 17, 2018

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”