Lawyers Behaving Badly

boots

Re: Lawyers Behaving Badly

Post by boots »

OK, so he misstated the day of his relative's death by 3 days?

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

boots wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:56 pm
And failed to correct his "mis-statement" repeatedly over several months.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

3 Indiana Judges Facing Ethics Charges for White Castle Brawl
:snippity: According to the police report, after a long night of bar hopping in downtown Indianapolis, the three judges attempted to enter an, ahem, "gentlemen's club" that was closed. They then went to a nearby White Castle.

While outside the "burger" joint, two men in a passing vehicle allegedly yelled something at the judges, which led to Bell responding with a raised middle finger. The vehicle stopped, the men got out, and a brawl ensued.

It ended with Adams shot in the stomach and Jacobs shot twice in the chest. Both spent time in the hospital and recovered.
:snippity:
All three judges, however, are all charged by the Judicial Qualifications Commission with multiple counts of misconduct, because "at no time did Bell, Adams or Jacobs attempt to move to another location to avoid further confrontation."
I've heard this bull before.

Jim

Post by Jim »

Drunkedness knows no party affiliation.

Any of them lose their judgeships?

boots

Post by boots »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:05 pm
boots wrote:
I get that, I just see lawyers do more egregious things regularly, with no retribution.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

boots wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:51 am
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
boots wrote:
I get that, I just see lawyers do more egregious things regularly, with no retribution.
Montgomery v Risen comes to mind. My impression is this was not his first loose playing with the court in this case so he had hit the Judge's limit.
2 Days

North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Northland10 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:46 am
boots wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:51 am
Sterngard Friegen wrote:

:snippity:
Montgomery v Risen comes to mind. My impression is this was not his first loose playing with the court in this case so he had hit the Judge's limit.
:like: I immediately thought of Larry Klayman's performance in Montgomery v Risen.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

I think this guy is trying, very hard, to fill GIL's niche in the copyright/trademark ambulance chasing world. He definitely has a reputation, like GIL, and it isn't good.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Police in Pakistan say they are seeking to arrest PM Imran Khan's nephew for taking part in a violent protest at a hospital in which three patients died.

Mr Niazi was among several hundred lawyers who ransacked a city hospital in a dispute with doctors. Riot police had to be called in to restore order.

More than 80 lawyers were arrested over the hospital attack, and 46 have been remanded in custody. Lawyers called a nationwide strike on Friday, angry at police treatment of their colleagues in Lahore.
The lawyers had been protesting over the alleged mistreatment of some of their colleagues by hospital staff last month.
But the final trigger for the violence appears to have been a video posted on social media by a doctor on Tuesday night in which he poked fun at the lawyers.
Bbc link is screwed up

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Warning: NSFW (unless you happen to be Allstate in litigation with a very badly behaving lawyer, then it's actually work):
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Moar (lots more) at the link.

Edit: I don't know why the sentence above and this are stricken out (struck out?) There is no strike out formatting.

Edit 2: Ah. Fixed it. There was a random code-like character string in the quote further up.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Exclusive photo of opposing council after sending these magnificent examples of the Poetic idiom. Sekreted to spare the ladies the rush of hormones that would cause embarrassment if viewing it unprepared.
Sekrit Stuffs!
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

SLQ wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:18 am
Warning: NSFW (unless you happen to be Allstate in litigation with a very badly behaving lawyer, then it's actually work):
A great and entertaining morning read. :thumbs: At first I thought this might merely be a case of drunk-texting-emailing, but the emails originate at all hours of day and night and are coherent without typos.

Looked him up. He was admitted to the CA bar in 2008.

His Law Skool is Thomas Jefferson in San Diego, a small private school. The ABA voted to revoke their accreditation earlier this year for several reasons, including low bar exam pass rates (25%). The school is appealing the decision.

Thomas Jefferson School Of Law Fighting To Keep Its National Accreditation
https://www.kpbs.org/news/2019/jun/12/t ... -its-nati/
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford »

Audio of the hearing is now available. It's a hearing I'm happy to get to experience from a couple of thousand miles and a couple of days removed from the epicenter.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k34ei2rjr53rl ... g.mp3?dl=0
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Prediction: State Bar will take its time but eventually suspend him for 2 years.

Judge Otis D. Wright, the presiding judge in this case, was also the judge in the Prenda copyright troll case. He suffers no fools. Had Orly Taitz appeared before him rather than Judge Carter, she would be trimming nails in a beauty salon in Tustin today rather than still crapticing law.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

That was some angry judge.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

"I'll tell you what, Slick...."

LOL

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

My reaction was something like this:

:shock:

:rotflmao:

:shock:

:yikes:

Although I will confess to having a slight dislike of biglaw types as well, obviously Mr. Hook went waaaaaaaaaay too far, and should probably be preparing himself for the suspension he so richly deserves.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

fierceredpanda wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:41 pm
Although I will confess to having a slight dislike of biglaw types as well
Just slight? :-D

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

I think incandescent comes closer to describing the judge's mood. He doesn't seem to type to be forgiving of fools, in the judicial sense.

Considering the malpractice suit(s) he should soon be facing from his victimsformer clients, and the law firm he drug in to it without their knowledge or permission I 'd say his days of practicing law will soon be irrevocably over. He also out Orlyed Orly and his last hearing, to the hearing suspended, and got himself thrown out of the courtroom. Fun times.

It is also looking like the judge is not going to include the clients in with their attorney as they neither sanctioned nor knew what he was doing, and were in fact out of the country. They also too have NEW real (competent) attorneys representing them now.

FWIW, I think there are at least another round or two to go on this before it is all said and done.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I am not a snowflake
That’s how you know the audio is from 2019.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

“This is not the day and I am not the guy.” The judge was at kindling temperature.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi »

If you are interested, here's a raw transscription (made with android).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1h40p4v2nvfq ... t.txt?dl=0
The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.
"From Not To Hot " is not my Favorite TV Show

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

:yikes:
2 Days

North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Judge: Are we done here? I need a shower.

:towel:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Are prosecutors lawyers?

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”