State of Wisconsin vs. Kyle Howard Rittenhouse

neonzx

State of Wisconsin vs. Kyle Howard Rittenhouse

Post by neonzx »

Starting new thread.
Chilidog wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:25 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:13 pm
Chilidog wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:03 pm I caught part of the interview and some of the pictures, and frankly some thing seems a bit "off kilter" with that kid.
I haven't seen nor heard him but made that assumption. What seems off?
Theres something about him that reminds me of a kid in my neighborhood who was my son's age. They went to school together and would occasionally interact.

He was a bit on the spectrum.
I was hesitant to offer any suggestions, but since we've now gone there...

I'm not sure the autism spectrum is it. He reminds me of a couple teens of my way-way back past who were mentally/intellectually/emotionally stunted. I haven't seen him interviewed, but have read 3rd party accounts of how he acts.

I'm sure we're all going to get to witness this unfold through the courts. I have no degrees on my wall related to the mental health professions so I shouldn't play armchair psychologist. :towel:
neonzx

Re: State of Wisconsin vs. Kyle Howard Rittenhouse

Post by neonzx »

SLQ wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:03 pm I was looking on the Wisconsin courts website to see what the docket shows for Rittenhouse (just out of curiousity) and found that the main case (homicide, etc., # 2020CF000983 filed on 8/29/20.) There are two linked cases:

Kenosha County Case Number 2020TR005840 State of Wisconsin vs. Kyle Howard Rittenhouse (filed on 8/19/2020)

1 343.05(3)(a) Operate w/o Valid License (1st Violation) Forf. U (listed as a forfeiture under "severity")

Kenosha County Case Number 2020TR005841 State of Wisconsin vs. Kyle Howard Rittenhouse (also filed on 8/19/2020)
1 346.57(4)(gm)2 Speeding on Freeway (20-24 MPH) Forf. U (also listed as a forfeiture)

It seems like these were probably two different stops, or they would be 2 counts under one case number?
Are they using citation #s as the case numbers? Two consecutive citation numbers, same stop?
Regardless, the felony case # is always going to be a different sequence from the MM case numbers, right?
Addie

Post by Addie »

WSJ: Kyle Rittenhouse Faces New Charges in Kenosha Shooting

KENOSHA, Wis.—Prosecutors charged the 17-year-old accused of opening fire on protesters late Tuesday with killing two people, the latest in a string of fast-moving events touched off Sunday when video surfaced showing police repeatedly shooting a Black man in the back as he entered a car.

Kenosha saw its second night of relative calm, after several consecutive nights of protests, violence and looting that has left two people dead, a third injured and government buildings and businesses across the small lakefront city burned and destroyed.

The Kenosha County District Attorney on Thursday laid out six counts against Kyle Rittenhouse in the deaths of Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber, the attempted killing of Gaige Grosskreutz and the reckless endangerment of reporter Richard McGinnis, after Mr. Rittenhouse was initially arrested and charged with homicide on Wednesday.

The new charges against Mr. Rittenhouse include first-degree reckless homicide, first-degree recklessly endangering safety, first-degree intentional homicide and possession of a dangerous weapon. When he was first arrested Wednesday in his hometown of Antioch, Ill., the teenager was charged with first-degree homicide.

Mr. Rittenhouse was due to appear in court early Friday for a hearing that would have determined whether he can be extradited to Wisconsin, where he could be charged as an adult. But a public defender appearing on his behalf requested a delay while his family seeks the help of a private attorney. The teen’s extradition hearing is now scheduled for Sept. 25.

If tried as an adult and convicted, Mr. Rittenhouse could face life in prison.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Kyle's attorney. His entire twitter feed is wacky.

https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/1299719861258592259
Lin Wood@LLinWood
Leftist propaganda media falsely attacks & accuses 17-yr. old boy defending himself.

No condemnation of the criminals involved in the protests.

No condemnation for attacks on US Senator.

No condemnation of BLM or Antifa for burning & looting our cities.

Media censors truth.
10:45 AM · Aug 29, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
No condemnation for protesting. Yes, condemnation for your client killed 2 people.
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Attack on Senator: asking (maybe not politely) that Rand Paul say her name.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:21 pm Attack on Senator: asking (maybe not politely) that Rand Paul say her name.
I think the guy is just one of these 'celebrity' defense attorneys. He represented Nick Sandmann (the Covington Catholic kid) too. It's more about his image than his client's.
Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

Lin Wood is the Michael Avanatti of Larry Klaymans.
Image Image Image Image Image
bob

Post by bob »

neonzx wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:25 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:21 pm Attack on Senator: asking (maybe not politely) that Rand Paul say her name.
I think the guy is just one of these 'celebrity' defense attorneys. He represented Nick Sandmann (the Covington Catholic kid) too. It's more about his image than his client's.
Wood has kinda gone Klayman lately. His first big case was was Atlanta bomber case. And he's been associated with JonBenet Ramsey's family for ages.

He's also representing Simone "America's Frontline Doctors" Gold, who was fired after her stunt on the Capitol steps.

Bread-and-butter-wise, he's known mostly for defamation suits.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Addie

Post by Addie »

Reuters: Attorney for accused Kenosha protest gunman says teen acted in self-defense

KENOSHA, Wis. (Reuters) - A high-profile lawyer representing the 17-year-old boy charged with killing two protesters and wounding another during demonstrations on the streets of Kenosha, Wisconsin, said on Friday that his client had acted in self-defense.

Atlanta-based attorney Lin Wood said video footage of the altercation would vindicate Kyle Rittenhouse despite what he described as misinformation being spread by the media.

"Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense. Murder charges are factually unsupportable. An egregious miscarriage of justice is occurring with respect to this 17-year old boy," Wood said on Twitter.

Rittenhouse, who prosecutors say traveled 30 miles (50 km) to Kenosha from his home in Antioch, Illinois, before the shooting at about 11:45 p.m. on Tuesday, is charged with six criminal counts, including first-degree homicide and attempted homicide.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:42 pm Lin Wood is the Michael Avanatti of Larry Klaymans.
That should cover it.
Goldie in her Zombie Hunter costume.
ImageImageImage x4
SLQ

Post by SLQ »

neonzx wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:27 pm
SLQ wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:03 pm I was looking on the Wisconsin courts website to see what the docket shows for Rittenhouse (just out of curiousity) and found that the main case (homicide, etc., # 2020CF000983 filed on 8/29/20.) There are two linked cases:

Kenosha County Case Number 2020TR005840 State of Wisconsin vs. Kyle Howard Rittenhouse (filed on 8/19/2020)

1 343.05(3)(a) Operate w/o Valid License (1st Violation) Forf. U (listed as a forfeiture under "severity")

Kenosha County Case Number 2020TR005841 State of Wisconsin vs. Kyle Howard Rittenhouse (also filed on 8/19/2020)
1 346.57(4)(gm)2 Speeding on Freeway (20-24 MPH) Forf. U (also listed as a forfeiture)

It seems like these were probably two different stops, or they would be 2 counts under one case number?
Are they using citation #s as the case numbers? Two consecutive citation numbers, same stop?
Regardless, the felony case # is always going to be a different sequence from the MM case numbers, right?
Correct. The criminal case is "CF" (criminal felony?), and the other two are "TR" (traffic, I presume.) But, no, the citation numbers are BF0281890 for the case ending in 5840 and BF0281901 for the case inding in 5841. So the citation numbers are not sequential. They're 11 numbers apart, so probably not the same traffic stop?
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

SLQ wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:02 pm Correct. The criminal case is "CF" (criminal felony?), and the other two are "TR" (traffic, I presume.) But, no, the citation numbers are BF0281890 for the case ending in 5840 and BF0281901 for the case inding in 5841. So the citation numbers are not sequential. They're 11 numbers apart, so probably not the same traffic stop?
Nope, don't think so. I did the same search and Rittenhouse, Kyle Joseph came up too because I didn't search on a middle name. This Rittenhouse has two citations for the same stop (failed to obey traffic signal and seatbelt). Citations are also 11 difference in sequence.

I suspect they are using some sort of checksum/checkdigit to validate citation numbers... (credit/debit cards do similar -- the last digit of your credit card number is what it takes to round the sum of all the other digits to the nearest 10) It's rudimentary, but catches the vast majority of number typos.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:13 pm Kyle's attorney. His entire twitter feed is wacky.

https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/1299719861258592259
Lin Wood@LLinWood
No condemnation for attacks on US Senator.
10:45 AM · Aug 29, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
No US Senator was attacked or assaulted. Rand Paul had his fee fees hurt by people saying meanie things where he could hear them.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

I don’t know how much actual involvement Lin Wood is going to have in the case. Apparently a lawyer from Los Angeles, John Pierce, has been retained.

https://www.wisn.com/article/extraditio ... d/33832659

ETA: I don’t know how long John Pierce will be around either. Pierce Bainbridge’s website does include criminal law among its practice areas, but only “white collar” crime, which it defines as “ Non-violent Criminal Activity in the Commercial or Business Realm.”
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson
Butterfly Bilderberg

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:26 pm
Estiveo wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:42 pm Lin Wood is the Michael Avanatti of Larry Klaymans.
That should cover it.
Ding! Ding! Ding!

He now seems to make a living by crowdfunding the legal defense of notorious right wing clients. IN MY OPINION, his new 501(c)(4) "foundation" has a strong whiff of Bannon-ism about it. By raising funds specifically for one individual's legal defense through an ostensible tax exempt social welfare organization, he may be causing the entity to run afoul of the "private benefit" prohibition. Those donations are going to be subject to income tax.
"Pity the nation that acclaims the bully as hero,
and that deems the glittering conqueror bountiful."
- Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet
Butterfly Bilderberg

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:39 pm I don’t know how much actual involvement Lin Wood is going to have in the case. Apparently a lawyer from Los Angeles, John Pierce, has been retained.

https://www.wisn.com/article/extraditio ... d/33832659

ETA: I don’t know how long John Pierce will be around either. Pierce Bainbridge’s website does include criminal law among its practice areas, but only “white collar” crime, which it defines as “ Non-violent Criminal Activity in the Commercial or Business Realm.”
Maybenaut, do some internet research on Pierce Bainbridge. The law firm fell apart a few months ago after it came to light that John Pierce used $4 million of the firm's factoring/line of credit for some fishy purposes and several partners abruptly left. Pierce is personally on the hook for this amount.

Also, Marina Medvin is somehow involved in this legal defense team. She's the only one with criminal defense experience.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Butterfly Bilderberg wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:49 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:26 pm
That should cover it.
Ding! Ding! Ding!

He now seems to make a living by crowdfunding the legal defense of notorious right wing clients. His new 501(c)(4) "foundation" has a strong whiff of Bannon-ism about it. By raising funds specifically for one individual's legal defense through an ostensible tax exempt social welfare organization, he may be causing the entity to run afoul of the "private benefit" prohibition. Those donations are going to be subject to income tax.
I wonder what effect crowdfunding for legal fees for a specific individual has on their indigency status.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Didn't Illinois charge this mutt, too?

And why isn't mommy dearest being charged as and accomplice?
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Butterfly Bilderberg wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:54 pm Maybenaut, do some internet research on Pierce Bainbridge. The law firm fell apart a few months ago after it came to light that John Pierce used $4 million of the firm's factoring/line of credit for some fishy purposes and several partners abruptly left. Pierce is personally on the hook for this amount.
That's interesting because I looked up Pierce Bainbridge when I head L. Lin Wood was bringing them on. It's a business litigation firm, not criminal defense.
Now maybe it makes sense -- Pierce is a crook? Huge case of national interest and a non-profit charity to funnel the donations through.

p.s. Hi BB! :wave:
DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

How could have the kid been in danger?.

A skateboard is not a deadly weapon. He should have taken his ass beating and moved on.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

His constitutional right to buckshot murder people?
Sekrit Stuffs!
These attorneys are sick.
bob

Post by bob »

DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:20 pm How could have the kid been in danger?.

A skateboard is not a deadly weapon. He should have taken his ass beating and moved on.
The defendant's narrative starts before then. The skateboarder was not the first victim.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
SLQ

Post by SLQ »

neonzx wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:48 pm
SLQ wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:02 pm Correct. The criminal case is "CF" (criminal felony?), and the other two are "TR" (traffic, I presume.) But, no, the citation numbers are BF0281890 for the case ending in 5840 and BF0281901 for the case inding in 5841. So the citation numbers are not sequential. They're 11 numbers apart, so probably not the same traffic stop?
Nope, don't think so. I did the same search and Rittenhouse, Kyle Joseph came up too because I didn't search on a middle name. This Rittenhouse has two citations for the same stop (failed to obey traffic signal and seatbelt). Citations are also 11 difference in sequence.

I suspect they are using some sort of checksum/checkdigit to validate citation numbers... (credit/debit cards do similar -- the last digit of your credit card number is what it takes to round the sum of all the other digits to the nearest 10) It's rudimentary, but catches the vast majority of number typos.
The Kyle Rittenhouse with these two traffic citations, 4 days before Jacob Blake was shot, is the same Kyle Rittenhouse that is charged for murder. I found the traffic citations because they are linked to his murder case.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda
Butterfly Bilderberg

neonzx wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:29 pm p.s. Hi BB! :wave:
:bighug:

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”