NRA Implodes- Lawsuits and Finances, Oh My!

RVInit

Re: NRA Implodes- Lawsuits and Finances, Oh My!

Post by RVInit » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:50 am

RTH10260 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:14 am
Having a loan against their headquarters? They will be moving out to a mobile home park in the near future, take my word :!:
:pray: Hopefully with only a single employee left. One who has one foot in thee grave, so to speak. And a terminal illness.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:36 pm

RVInit wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:50 am
RTH10260 wrote:
Having a loan against their headquarters? They will be moving out to a mobile home park in the near future, take my word :!:
:pray: Hopefully with only a single employee left. One who has one foot in thee grave, so to speak. And a terminal illness.
And he shoots himself cleaning his gun.
ImageImageImage x4

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:24 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:36 pm
RVInit wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:50 am
RTH10260 wrote:
And he shoots himself cleaning his gun.
NADT ;)

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:17 pm

Somerset wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:24 pm
NADT ;)
They're the National Murder Association, death is their raison d'être.

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:26 am

Orlylicious wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:33 am
The Gray Lady's report is devastating, the NRA has moved outrageous amounts from the charity to the main entity. Wayne was using Ackerman to hide his purchases. Now, I love Zegna but, "Wayne LaPierre, billed $275,000 for purchases at the Zegna luxury men’s wear boutique in Beverly Hills" through Ackerman. What? Shameless.

And the lawfirm of the Ackerman bro in law was getting -- ready? -- $100,000 a DAY including weekends! These are Orly Taitz-worthy bills!

snippity snip

:lol:

Two thoughts: First, I wonder how much of the law firm billings may have made it back to Wayne's pockets.

Second, IMHO, the NRA should hire GIL to sue Obama for failing to declare martial law and installing himself for, at a minimum, an additional term if not as dictator. If only Obama had done that, NRA revenues would have skyrocketed. But Obama failed to do so, and I am confident that GIL can find some theory to hold Obama liable. I know, maybe the evidence is in the Montgomery disks.
Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:37 pm

Get your thoughts and prayers ready.

:fiesta: :shootin: :rockon: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :happyfamily:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/25/us/n ... queen.html
N.R.A. Shuts Down Production of NRATV

The National Rifle Association has shut down production at NRATV.

The N.R.A. on Tuesday also severed all business with its estranged advertising firm, Ackerman McQueen, which operates NRATV, the N.R.A.’s live broadcasting media arm, according to interviews and documents reviewed by The New York Times.

While NRATV may continue to air past content, its live broadcasting will end and its on-air personalities — Ackerman employees who included Dana Loesch — will no longer be the public faces of the N.R.A. It remained unclear whether the N.R.A. might try to hire some of those employees, but there was no indication it was negotiating to do so.

“Many members expressed concern about the messaging on NRATV becoming too far removed from our core mission: defending the Second Amendment,” Wayne LaPierre, the N.R.A.’s longtime chief executive, wrote in a message to members that was expected to be sent out by Wednesday. “So, after careful consideration, I am announcing that starting today, we are undergoing a significant change in our communications strategy. We are no longer airing ‘live TV’ programming.”
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:44 pm

:thumbs:

Avatar Photo: Current Logo for Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:22 pm

I want Wayne LaPierre to be indicted and prosecuted for fraud and tax evasion.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Which state has the toughest/farthest reaching NP fraud/misuse statues?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:00 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:43 pm
Which state has the toughest/farthest reaching NP fraud/misuse statues?
In which state is the NRA incorporated as a non profit? New York.

It's already being investigated by New York (which is also investigating Trump's fake charity). If I were Wayne LaPierre, I wouldn't spend another dime of the NRA's money on clothing.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:14 am

Totally agree Stern and it's too blatant. "Since 1991, Wayne LaPierre has been the organization's executive vice president, and functions as the chief executive officer. LaPierre's compensation averages $1 million per year and including a nearly $4 million retirement payout in 2015."" Wayne should definitely go to jail. NPR April 29, 2019:
CORNISH: The other office that noticed - New York's attorney general. They launched a probe into the NRA. What's going on with that investigation?

MAK: Well, so this is just the latest probe into the National Rifle Association. There are a number of congressional committees that have begun investigations. But the one launched by the New York attorney general can be uniquely threatening to the NRA. I mean, the NRA is chartered in New York. And the New York attorney general's office told NPR that it had already begun issuing subpoenas.

The New York AG has the ability to oversee nonprofits in the state and also a unique set of remedies if it finds wrongdoing. If it finds wrongdoing, it could punish a nonprofit by removing their board of directors or forcing them to pay - repay money wrongfully obtained or, even in extreme cases, to force organizations to cease operations or dissolve.

They have multiple organizations... the Foundation lists an address in VA. Guidestar:
PHILANTHROPY, VOLUNTARISM, AND GRANTMAKING

THE NRA FOUNDATION, INC.
person aka NRA Foundation
place Fairfax, VA
public www.nrafoundation.org

Mission
The NRA Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization that raises tax-deductible contributions in support of a wide range of firearm-related public interest activities of the National Rifle Association of America and other organizations that defend and foster the Second Amendment rights of all law-abiding Americans. These activities are designed to promote firearms and hunting safety, to enhance marksmanship skills of those participating in the shooting sports, and to educate the general public about firearms in their historic, technological and artistic context. Funds granted by The NRA Foundation benefit a variety of constituencies throughout the United States including children, youth, women, individuals with physical disabilities, gun collectors, law enforcement officers, hunters and competitive shooters.

Ruling Year

Principal Officer
Mr. Wayne Sheets

Main Address
11250 Waples Mill Rd
Fairfax, VA 22030 USA

EIN
52-1710886

BRIDGE Number
https://www.guidestar.org/profile/52-1710886

And the lobbying branch:
Chris W. Cox is the executive director of the NRA's lobbying branch, the Institute for Legislative Action. He received more than $1.3 million in compensation in 2015.
From the site:
In NRA Headquarters in Fairfax, Va., and in offices in Washington, D.C., and in Sacramento, Calif., the Institute employs a staff of more than 80, with a team of full-time lobbyists defending Second Amendment issues on Capitol Hill, in state legislatures and in local government bodies.
https://www.nraila.org/about/
Avatar Photo: Current Logo for Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:45 am

Screenshot_20190625_224449.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image Image Image

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:19 am

Good! From what I've heard, the NYAG can be quite bloody minded when the mood hits, hopefully it will hit here and hard.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:22 pm

It's a full-on purge now. LaPierre just forced out the NRA's chief lobbyist and his second-in-command, Chris Cox, by accusing him of supporting Olliver North's coup attempt.

Per CNN:
The National Rifle Association's No. 2 official Christopher Cox resigned on Wednesday shortly after he was placed on leave, according to NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre.

In an email obtained by CNN from LaPierre to NRA employees, the CEO thanked Cox "for his service to the NRA" and said he had accepted Cox's resignation.

The move comes shortly after the NRA accused Cox of aiding the recently failed coup against LaPierre, who has been the head of the NRA for decades, the New York Times reported.

In a federal lawsuit filed in June, the NRA alleged the group's former President Oliver North attempted to oust LaPierre, and argued texts and emails showed Cox participated, the Times reported, adding that Cox was once thought to be a possible successor to LaPierre.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:36 pm

:lol: I guess we will see some books looking for an editor - "My time with the NRA"

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:50 pm

Lapierre seems to be taking pointers from David Miscavige.
Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:23 pm

I never fully realized how fascinating it is to watch a sinking ship. :daydream:
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:55 am

ZekeB wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:50 pm
Lapierre seems to be taking pointers from David Miscavige.
I doubt Lapierre has anywhere near as many guns, though.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:56 am

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:23 pm
I never fully realized how fascinating it is to watch a sinking ship. :daydream:
They need to make a movie version, where Leo dies in the end saving Oliver North by giving him the floating debris.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:42 am

Gregg wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:56 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:23 pm
They need to make a movie version, where Leo dies in the end saving Oliver North by giving him the floating debris.
:lovestruck: I luvs a sad ending.
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:49 am

Cheat sheet.

https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2 ... oil/223595

The death of NRATV: A timeline of the fight between NRA and its advertising agency
NRATV added KKK hoods to beloved children's TV characters. It sparked the end of the network itself.
*Fun Fact: The KKK hoods were Dana Loesch's idea. The NRA Board Members were "livid and embarrassed".

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:55 am

Charlotte Clymer🏳️‍🌈

@cmclymer
Tweeted almost six years ago about @MomsDemand. This week, because of the advocacy of “bored women” with boxed wine, the NRA stopped production of NRATV and NRA spokesperson Dana Loesch lost her job.

Dana Loesch

@DLoesch
Honestly, it sounds like some #boredwomen got tired of drinking boxed wine in their driveways and got together to annoy law-abiding folks.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:51 am

The circular firing squad continues.

https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status ... 9911398401
Betsy Woodruff
‏Verified account @woodruffbets

New statement form Ackerman McQueen (the ad firm that ran NRATV) says the NRA appears to be trying to hurt "as many people as they can"
nra.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:56 am

Dan1100 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:51 am
The circular fire squad continues.,
:rotflmao: :thumbs: I see what you did there!
Dan1100 wrote:
Betsy Woodruff

New statement form Ackerman McQueen (the ad firm that ran NRATV) says the NRA appears to be trying to hurt "as many people as they can"[/quote]
Yup, that's what the National Murder Association is about: hurting as many people as possible.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:44 am

Dan1100 wrote:
The circular fire squad continues.

https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status ... 9911398401
Betsy Woodruff

New statement form Ackerman McQueen (the ad firm that ran NRATV) says the NRA appears to be trying to hurt "as many people as they can"
nra.png

I'm, like, totally cool with that.

Anyone else have a problem with that?

No?

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”