DOJ Investigation: Re Jeffrey Epstein Plea Deal; 2008 SDFL; 2019 SDNY

Kendra

Re: DOJ Investigation: Re Jeffrey Epstein Plea Deal; 2008 SDFL; 2019 SDNY

Post by Kendra » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:42 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ot-massage

:snippity:
In the emails between Morozov (a regular contributor to the Guardian) and Brockman, dated 12 September 2013, the literary agent recounts visiting Epstein at his Manhattan house.

He writes: “Last time I visited his house (the largest private residence in NYC), I walked in to find him in a sweatsuit and a British guy in a suit with suspenders [braces], getting foot massages from two young well-dressed Russian women.”

“After grilling me for a while about cyber-security, the Brit, named Andy, was commenting on the Swedish authorities and the charges against Julian Assange. We think they’re liberal in Sweden, but its more like Northern England as opposed to Southern Europe,” Brockman reports “Andy” as saying.

Brockman writes that Andrew then complained about his public profile. “In Monaco, Albert works 12 hours a day but at 9pm, when he goes out, he does whatever he wants, and nobody cares. But, if I do it, I’m in big trouble.”,” the emails describe him saying.

At that point, Brockman writes: “I realized that the recipient of Irina’s foot massage was his Royal Highness, Prince Andrew, the Duke of York.”

Sorry if I'm seeming a bit spammy on this thread. Slow work day, no chiefs and I can't leave so I'm googling Epstein :bag: :swoon:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:26 am

https://whdh.com/news/france-opens-epst ... stigation/
PARIS (AP) — The chief Paris prosecutor has announced that he is opening an investigation into the rape of minors and a raft of other charges linked to the Jeffrey Epstein case.

A statement issued on Friday by the office of prosecutor Remy Heitz said the decision to open a preliminary investigation was based on “elements transmitted” to his office and “exchanges with American authorities.”

No further details were immediately provided.

The investigation involves information regarding minors 15 years old and older.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:30 pm

https://www.motherjones.com/crime-justi ... -sick-pal/
Stuart Pivar, 89 years old, is an art collector and a controversial scientist who says Jeffrey Epstein was his “best pal for decades” until the two fell out, he told me, over allegations of Epstein’s sexual misconduct. Still, when we spoke last week, Pivar was in mourning for his old friend, who days earlier had killed himself in jail while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges. Pivar was angry, too, with the shallow coverage of the Epstein case. “Jeffrey was profoundly sick,” he said, ascribing Epstein’s sexual compulsions to a case of satyriasis.

Pivar, an industrialist who made his money in plastics, acted as a sort of art consultant to Epstein. In 1982 Pivar helped found the New York Academy of Art alongside Andy Warhol; Epstein would later serve on the academy’s board, which is how he came to meet, in 1995, an aspiring artist named Maria Farmer, who was 25 at the time. In an affidavit filed in April, Farmer said she and her 15-year-old sister were sexually assaulted by Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell, the British socialite accused of soliciting young girls on Epstein’s behalf. (Maxwell has repeatedly denied accusations of sexual abuse and sex trafficking.)
Foggy needs to get us a brain bleach and/or take a shower afterwards emo. I didn't read every word of every answer this man gave the reporter, but from my first glance through he seems to feel Epstein had an illness like say TB, and the girls were all nymphos.

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:58 pm

Doesn't he have any kids? Fu....g hundreds or thousands of females and no kids?
The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:00 pm

Pivar was an enabler. He deserves no attention, except from the Department of Justice.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:35 pm

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-e ... k-not-evil

The short version.
6 Bonkers and Vile Moments in New Interview With Epstein Pal
Scientist and art collector Stuart Pivar told Mother Jones all about his friendship with the pedophile.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:15 pm

Kendra wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:30 pm
https://www.motherjones.com/crime-justi ... -sick-pal/
Stuart Pivar, 89 years old, is an art collector and a controversial scientist who says Jeffrey Epstein was his “best pal for decades” until the two fell out, he told me, over allegations of Epstein’s sexual misconduct. Still, when we spoke last week, Pivar was in mourning for his old friend, who days earlier had killed himself in jail while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges. Pivar was angry, too, with the shallow coverage of the Epstein case. “Jeffrey was profoundly sick,” he said, ascribing Epstein’s sexual compulsions to a case of satyriasis.

Pivar, an industrialist who made his money in plastics, acted as a sort of art consultant to Epstein. In 1982 Pivar helped found the New York Academy of Art alongside Andy Warhol; Epstein would later serve on the academy’s board, which is how he came to meet, in 1995, an aspiring artist named Maria Farmer, who was 25 at the time. In an affidavit filed in April, Farmer said she and her 15-year-old sister were sexually assaulted by Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell, the British socialite accused of soliciting young girls on Epstein’s behalf. (Maxwell has repeatedly denied accusations of sexual abuse and sex trafficking.)
Foggy needs to get us a brain bleach and/or take a shower afterwards emo. I didn't read every word of every answer this man gave the reporter, but from my first glance through he seems to feel Epstein had an illness like say TB, and the girls were all nymphos.
So you don’t think he’s guilty of any of the allegations against him right now?

Let’s put it this way. What’s the difference between the punishment which befalls a murderer and a serial murderer? It’s the same. If Jeffrey Epstein was found guilty of fooling around with one 16-year-old trollop, nobody would pay any attention. The trouble is, what he did was quantitative and not qualitative.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:09 pm

So, as the news of investigation opening in France exploding, what a great time for Dotus to go there. Also, Barr has no power over French prosecutors, ammiright?

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:58 pm

Kendra wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:42 pm
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ot-massage

In the emails between Morozov (a regular contributor to the Guardian) and Brockman, dated 12 September 2013, the literary agent recounts visiting Epstein at his Manhattan house.

He writes: “Last time I visited his house (the largest private residence in NYC), I walked in to find him in a sweatsuit and a British guy in a suit with suspenders [braces], getting foot massages from two young well-dressed Russian women.”

“After grilling me for a while about cyber-security, the Brit, named Andy, was commenting on the Swedish authorities and the charges against Julian Assange. We think they’re liberal in Sweden, but its more like Northern England as opposed to Southern Europe,” Brockman reports “Andy” as saying.

Brockman writes that Andrew then complained about his public profile. “In Monaco, Albert works 12 hours a day but at 9pm, when he goes out, he does whatever he wants, and nobody cares. But, if I do it, I’m in big trouble.”,” the emails describe him saying.

At that point, Brockman writes: “I realized that the recipient of Irina’s foot massage was his Royal Highness, Prince Andrew, the Duke of York.”

Sorry if I'm seeming a bit spammy on this thread. Slow work day, no chiefs and I can't leave so I'm googling Epstein :bag: :swoon:

I'm calling BS that a literary agent was in the room with The Duke of York for more than 5 seconds without realizing he was in the room with The Duke of York. Especially after being grilled "for a while about cyber security" by The Duke of York. Its just not believable that someone in the media, would not recognize one of the most recognizable people in the world. Its not like John Brockman hasn't ever heard of The Windsor Family over the water, or that Andrew hasn't been in every issue of Look Magazine since Lyndon Johnson was President.

ETA I changed my wording a bit because he is not, as I first thought, British, but added the little bit on the end about how famous Prince Andrew is.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:03 pm

:yeah:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:20 pm

Agreed. That set off my BS sensor.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:07 am

Cross-posting

New York Times
Barr Seized on Epstein Case as Doubts Mounted About Justice Dept.

WASHINGTON — Attorney General William P. Barr was at home in his study, working on a speech, when the call came from his chief of staff: Jeffrey Epstein, the financier accused of sex trafficking who had connections to an array of political power players, had died in federal prison.

Mr. Barr immediately knew that he would be engulfed in a scandal. The prison had promised to keep Mr. Epstein under constant surveillance until he could be tried on charges of sexually abusing dozens of underage girls. With his accusers now robbed of their day in court, the Justice Department, which oversees the Bureau of Prisons, looked incompetent at best. And as Mr. Barr scrambled for answers, unfounded conspiracy theories took root, casting an additional pall over the matter and threatening the public’s faith in the department.

Over multiple briefings an hour, Mr. Barr spent that Saturday angrily grilling his deputies. He directed the F.B.I. to investigate Mr. Epstein’s apparent suicide and the department’s inspector general to look for lapses in protocol. After the Bureau of Prisons confirmed the death and the F.B.I. inquiry that morning, Mr. Barr issued a statement, surprising officials who believed the bureau would have the last word. “Mr. Epstein’s death,” he said, “raises serious questions that must be answered.”

Attorneys general rarely follow up on inmate deaths, but Mr. Barr has continued to bird dog the investigation into how one as high-profile as Mr. Epstein could have died in federal care, evidence of how serious the matter is for the Justice Department. This account of his search for answers is based on interviews with six people involved in the investigation into Mr. Epstein’s death, most of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe internal department discussions.

Mr. Barr is personally overseeing the four federal inquiries into the matter and is briefed on them multiple times a day. In less than two weeks, he suspended the two prison employees who guarded Mr. Epstein the night he died, transferred the warden and found a new permanent director for the Bureau of Prisons. He stayed apprised of the autopsy and was alerted that the coroner would officially rule the death a suicide. And federal prosecutors in New York have subpoenaed more than a dozen prison officials and employees as the fast-moving investigation into Mr. Epstein’s death intensifies.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:16 am

Hey, Billy, with a leader the buck stops at the top.
“Mr. Kavanaugh's nomination and confirmation to the highest court in the land,” he said, “raises serious questions that must be answered.”
An alternative quotation.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:10 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertai ... story.html
LONDON — Britain’s Prince Andrew responded to intense media scrutiny of his links to Jeffrey Epstein by issuing a statement Saturday denying any knowledge of criminal behavior by his one-time friend who killed himself in a New York jail while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.

“At no stage during the limited time I spent with him did I see, witness or suspect any behaviour of the sort that subsequently led to his arrest and conviction,” Andrew said in the written statement, referring to Epstein’s 2008 conviction after pleading guilty to prostitution-related state charges.

Epstein served 13 months behind bars. Andrew again said it was a “mistake” to visit Epstein after his release in 2010.

Queen Elizabeth’s son also expressed “tremendous sympathy” for Epstein’s victims.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:56 pm

Kendra wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:10 am
Queen Elizabeth’s son also expressed “tremendous sympathy” for Epstein’s victims.
Or, in US English: "thoughts and prayers".

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:05 pm

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:56 pm
Kendra wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:10 am
Or, in US English: "thoughts and prayers".
:like:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:23 am

Michael Barbaro
@mikiebarb
Maria Farmer, recalling Trump in Epstein's office, ogling her:
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:02 pm

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/08 ... irlfriends
“I Collect People, I Own People, I Can Damage People”: The Curious Sociopathy of Jeffrey Epstein

Epstein was a monster who portrayed himself as a “man of mystery,” says one of his ex-girlfriends. But Epstein also epitomized the larger transactional nature of fin de siècle New York society—the sociopath who proved the rule.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:42 am

What bad timing that Klasfeld is off on his honeymoon and no live tweeting on today's hearing :swoon:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/27/feds-sa ... stice.html
A federal prosecutor said Tuesday that the jailhouse suicide of Jeffrey Epstein will not stop the federal government’s effort to get “justice for the victims in this case,” and possibly to recoup money from the dead financier large financial estate.

The prosecutor, Maureen Comey, spoke in U.S. District Court in Manhattan, where she was watched by several dozen women who say they were sexually abused as young women or girls by Epstein.

Many of those victims are expected to address Judge Richard Berman.

Prosecutors are set Tuesday to formally dismiss the child sex trafficking case against Epstein, a former friend of Presidents Donald Trump and Bill Clinton, which was filed in early July. He was accused in the case of sexually abusing many “minor girls” between 2002 and 2005 at his luxurious residences in Manhattan and Florida.

But Comey noted, “To be very clear today’s dismissal in no way inhibits or prohibits the government’s ongoing investigation.”

“It in no way does it prohibit the government from seeking civil forfeiture,” Comey said.

“The investigation into those matters has been ongoing, is ongoing, and will continue,” the prosecutor said.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:43 am

My sources have indicted that this is going to be very much about what the victims have to say about Jeffrey Epstein, but it will certainly be interesting to see what other names come up...

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:52 am

Attorney David Boies who represents several of Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged sex abuse victims, including
Virginia Roberts Giuffre, (pictured next to him on the left) walks into court for a special hearing Tuesday.

Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:55 pm

but it will certainly be interesting to see what other names come up...
Total: zero (unless we were waiting on the edge of our seats to find out that Maxwell was involved)
Thanks pal.

Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:14 am

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-jeffe ... his-estate

Famed lawyer Gloria Allred said she’ll be there with a number of clients who say they’re victims of the late financier. “We have not filed lawsuits for them yet, but we will be filing lawsuits for them soon,” Allred told The Daily Beast.

She hasn't filed lawsuits for them yet because most of them are likely time barred for any direct claims, and she can't pull the "deny it and get sued for defamation" routine because he's dead.

When was the last time that Gloria Allred litigated anything (other than the malpractice suit against her by Kyle Hunter)?

If any kind soul would be able to retrieve the motion filed 8/5/2020 in LA Superior Court Case No. BC663840 I would gladly repay you a hamburger next Tuesday.
Thanks pal.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:33 pm

https://www.businessinsider.com/prince- ... ein-2019-8
Prince Andrew's legal team thinks the infamous photo of Andrew and Giuffre with one of Jeffrey Epstein's accusers, shown above, could be fake, according to the Evening Standard.

The Duke of York reportedly has "absolutely no recollection" of meeting Virginia Giuffre, the woman who accused Jeffrey Epstein of forcing her to have sex with Andrew in 2001, a source told the newspaper.

The source, described as somebody "close to" Andrew, told the publication: "Look at his fingers in the photo. The duke has quite chubby fingers, they don't look right and nor does the height of the duke and the girl.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:05 pm

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:14 am
https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-jeffe ... his-estate

Famed lawyer Gloria Allred said she’ll be there with a number of clients who say they’re victims of the late financier. “We have not filed lawsuits for them yet, but we will be filing lawsuits for them soon,” Allred told The Daily Beast.

She hasn't filed lawsuits for them yet because most of them are likely time barred for any direct claims, and she can't pull the "deny it and get sued for defamation" routine because he's dead.

When was the last time that Gloria Allred litigated anything (other than the malpractice suit against her by Kyle Hunter)?

If any kind soul would be able to retrieve the motion filed 8/5/2020 in LA Superior Court Case No. BC663840 I would gladly repay you a hamburger next Tuesday.
It's going to have to be a lot more than a hamburger. At a buck a page (with a maximum of $35) it's going to cost as much as a full Thai meal for two (including booze):
8/5/2019 Motion to Set Aside/Vacate Dismissal 125 pages

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”