DOJ Investigation: Re Jeffrey Epstein Plea Deal; 2008 SDFL; 2019 SDNY

Notorial Dissent

Re: DOJ Investigation: Re Jeffrey Epstein Plea Deal; 2008 SDFL; 2019 SDNY

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:13 am

Suicide watch is him sleeping in a room on a concrete bunk with no blankets and wearing a paper jump suit. There shouldn't have been anything in the room he could have hung himself with.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:21 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:13 am
Suicide watch is him sleeping in a room on a concrete bunk with no blankets and wearing a paper jump suit. There shouldn't have been anything in the room he could have hung himself with.
That's how I see it. :smoking:

Boy, Hillary Clinton is really clever to be able to sneak into a jail, murder somebody who had a TON of evidence against her, and then be able to sneak back out of the jail without even having a huge coughing fit or needing hospitalization for whatever she's been dying from since 2016. What a mean lady!

Gallows humor, I get to laugh about this one. I'm frantically working on my screenplay, Death of an Asshole.
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:30 am

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/10/us/jeffr ... index.html

:snippity:
He was put on suicide watch after July injuries

Just weeks ago, Epstein was placed on a suicide watch after he was found July 23 in his Manhattan jail cell with marks on his neck, a law enforcement source and a source familiar with the incident told CNN at the time.

It was not clear to jail officials at the time if the injuries, which were not serious, were self-inflicted or the result of an assault, the sources said. Epstein told authorities he was beaten up and called a child predator, they said.
:snippity:

I don't recall hearing that bit before.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:46 am

Sarah Beattie wrote:for the record I’m sure no one was more shocked by epstein’s suicide than he was
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:53 am

The Hill
FBI investigating Epstein death in Manhattan jail

The FBI signaled it is investigating the death of disgraced billionaire financier Jeffrey Epstein after he was discovered dead in his jail cell overnight after an apparent suicide.

The Department of Justice said in a news release Saturday that the FBI would investigate the "apparent suicide" of Epstein in his Manhattan jail cell.

U.S. Bureau of Prisons has said that Epstein was found unresponsive in his cell early Saturday morning, The Associated Press reported.

The Metropolitan Correctional Center (MCC), where Epstein was being held, didn't return multiple requests for comments from The Hill earlier Saturday.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:57 am

Isn't this the same place Manafort is presently inhabiting? The place that was safer than the NYC jail? I can't keep all of these stories straight anymore.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:59 am

Significant - Jail officials in statement say Epstein was in the Special Housing Unit at the MCC. This is important cause it means he was supposed to get special attention. So what happened here?

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:31 pm

I'd say some prison guard's family is going to enjoy a nice, discreet payoff.

ETA: probably families of staffers going several steps up the supervisory chain, too.
I've heard this bull before.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:36 pm

I worked at SDNY for 8-plus years. Collectively the Office had thousands of defendants housed at MCC during that time. I could be overlooking one but I can’t recall any suicides in MCC during that time. @PreetBharara @Mimirocah1 or others - did you know of any? Lots of questions.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:43 pm

Foggy wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:21 am
Notorial Dissent wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:13 am
That's how I see it. :smoking:

Boy, Hillary Clinton is really clever to be able to sneak into a jail, murder somebody who had a TON of evidence against her, and then be able to sneak back out of the jail without even having a huge coughing fit or needing hospitalization for whatever she's been dying from since 2016. What a mean lady!

Gallows humor, I get to laugh about this one. I'm frantically working on my screenplay, Death of an Asshole.
She's a superninja double-aught agent of the highest order. How else could she have done in the guy who was guaranteed to take down the Clinton Cartel right under Barr's nose, amirite?
ImageImageImage x4

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:05 pm

NEW: AG Barr says he has consulted with the Inspector General "who is opening an investigation into the circumstances of Mr. Epstein’s death."

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:10 pm

Fer cryin' out loud. How long before this makes it into one of trump's campaign speeches, or his twitter feed?

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... cy-theory/
A Trump Official Just Posted on Instagram That Jeffrey Epstein Was “Hillary’d”

Jeffrey Epstein, the multimillionaire accused of sex trafficking, was found dead in his New York jail cell Saturday morning in an apparent suicide. Details of his death emerged first through ABC News and quickly circulated among New York media outlets, but Lynne Patton, regional administrator at the Department of Housing and Urban Development, had another idea of what happened.

“Hillary’d!!” she posted on Instagram around 10 a.m., alongside a screenshot of a Daily Mail story that described Epstein’s manner of death. She added the hashtag, “#VinceFosterPartTwo,” a reference to the former Clinton aide whose death by suicide has fueled conspiracy theories for more than two decades.
ImageImageImage x4

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:14 pm

Should be fired post-haste.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:32 pm

I was going to ask if they can go any lower, but I’m sure they can. :(

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:33 pm

AndyinPA wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:32 pm
I see she's violated the Hatch Act many times and says she doesn't care.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:36 pm

Ladies and Gentleman: Today's winner of the internet.

Kiki Andersen

@kellyamedia
WHO GAVE JEFFREY EPSTEIN VIDEO GAMES

11:28 AM - Aug 10, 2019
ImageImageImage x4

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:46 pm

AndyinPA wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:32 pm
The answer is always “Of course they can go lower”.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:35 pm

I take pride in being anti-conspiracy theory. I do my best to attribute things to stupidity and incompetence rather than malice. But even I'm looking at this one and going, "I don't know, something seems strange." Dude's in the special housing unit. He tried to commit suicide two weeks ago. And it seems likely that a lot of rich people may have had motive.

The investigation on this one better be really thorough.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:58 pm

Mikedunford wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:35 pm
I take pride in being anti-conspiracy theory. I do my best to attribute things to stupidity and incompetence rather than malice. But even I'm looking at this one and going, "I don't know, something seems strange." Dude's in the special housing unit. He tried to commit suicide two weeks ago. And it seems likely that a lot of rich people may have had motive.

An attorney familiar with that jail asked Preet to confirm his memory that there had been no suicides there previously.

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:59 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:14 pm
Should be fired post-haste.
How can I help make this happen? Seriously, who would I write a letter to? Please don't say Ben Carson.
Am I being detained?

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:09 pm

Mikedunford wrote:

According to the talking heads "special housing unit" and "suicide watch" are two different things. Hearsay is that he was on suicide watch after the "neck marks" incident, but did not remain so early today. That's a huge question. Also, too, Barr's "I am livid" language struck me as somewhat odd.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:15 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:09 pm
Mikedunford wrote:

According to the talking heads "special housing unit" and "suicide watch" are two different things. Hearsay is that he was on suicide watch after the "neck marks" incident, but did not remain so early today. That's a huge question. Also, too, Barr's "I am livid" language struck me as somewhat odd.
My dad had a limited emotional range. He used "anger" as a substitute for many things- concern, anxiety, feeling insulted, something out of his control, "I love you and want to protect you so I am going to rage at you to make you act the way I think you should", fill in the blank______.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:28 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Mikedunford wrote:

I'm following a lot of different sites on this so forgive me if I read this here, but isn't Barr the one who put him wherever he was when this happened? I thought NY wanted him in Rikers and Barr thought Epstein was too good for that.
ImageImageImage x4

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:29 pm

Mikedunford wrote:

I think the problem with any of these conspiracy theories is that Epstein's testimony (provided he was willing to squeal) is not the only evidence they have on any co-conspirators.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:28 pm
TexasFilly wrote:
Mikedunford wrote:

I'm following a lot of different sites on this so forgive me if I read this here, but isn't Barr the one who put him wherever he was when this happened? I thought NY wanted him in Rikers and Barr thought Epstein was too good for that.
I believe that was Manafort, now that he's up on state charges.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”