USA v Roger J. Stone, Jr., USDC-DC, Obstruction, False Statements, Witness Tampering

MN-Skeptic

Re: USA v Roger J. Stone, Jr., USDC-DC, Obstruction, False Statements, Witness Tampering

Post by MN-Skeptic » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:33 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:19 pm
I was off by an hour.
You get a pass... you're three time zones away and that can skew your time projections.

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Reality Check

Re: USA v Roger J. Stone, Jr., USDC-DC, Obstruction, False Statements, Witness Tampering

Post by Reality Check » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:35 pm

Did they stay out through lunch? That might be an indication whether the food was good or not.
Edit: Looks like they stayed through breakfast. Guess they were ready to start weekend early. ;)

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:38 pm

I've read his sentencing is set for February 6, 2020 and ABJ denied the prosecution's request to remand him into custody today (big mistake, IMHO).

It is Roger Stone's time in the barrel.

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Jim

Post by Jim » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:09 pm

I take it that now the trial's over the gag order will be lifted? We'll be hearing a lot from Stone if so.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:16 pm

Just read the good news!!!

:cheer: :cheer1: :dogballoon: :fiesta: :hitthefan:

Wonder how Trump is feeling now? Roger who?

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

tencats

Post by tencats » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:22 pm

Perhaps hoping for a miracle?
Stone carried a bible in and out of court as he learned he could be jailed for a maximum of 50 years - 20 years for obstruction and five years apiece for the lying and witness tampering charges
President Trump reacted to the guilty verdict of his longtime confidante in tweets, calling it a 'double standard like never seen before in the history of our Country?'

'So they now convict Roger Stone of lying and want to jail him for many years to come. Well, what about Crooked Hillary, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Shifty Schiff, Ohr & Nellie, Steele & all of the others, including even Mueller himself? Didn’t they lie?....' the president wrote.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Leaks.html

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:28 pm

The fact that his hand is not burning says a lot.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:37 pm

He stole that from the Best Western.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:37 pm

p0rtia wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:28 pm
The fact that his hand is not burning says a lot.
It's a fake hand

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:40 pm

I stand corrected. :daydream:

ImageImageImage

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:47 pm

I mean, if lying in and of itself were the crime, Trump would be going down too. Yet that seems to be his argument with that tweet. The man has no self-awareness.

Also Rick Wilson's tweet is gold. This is expressly why I warn my clients about going nuclear and risking the judge's ire. "Hey genius: If we lose, that same judge gets to decide for how long your ass needs to be in time out, and under what conditions. So perhaps don't put all your eggs in the basket of 'things likely to piss off the judge.'"

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:47 pm

PSX_20191115_134710.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:54 pm

Remember when Stone's house was raided by the FBI and he was whining about his wife being deaf and therefore even more frightened? I've been watching Stone and his wife coming and going into court over the last week; she responds to people on the side and he talks to her consistently. She does not turn her head to read his lips, he does not sign to her. She may have some hearing impairment but she's not "deaf." Maybe I'm overplaying this, but I find this offensive from a very offensive guy.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:55 pm

Prediction: 46 months.

And a pardon the next day.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:58 pm

MsDaisy wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:31 pm
How long before Trump issues him a pardon I wonder....

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
So they now convict Roger Stone of lying and want to jail him for many years to come. Well, what about Crooked Hillary, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Shifty Schiff, Ohr & Nellie, Steele & all of the others, including even Mueller himself? Didn’t they lie?....
12:13 PM · Nov 15, 2019

....A double standard like never seen before in the history of our Country?
► Show Spoiler
It should be noted that "they" is a jury of Stone's peers, whose verdict came after prosecution by trump's justice department, who also declined to charge or prosecute the people he names.

Interesting is what we don't see: "Just wait until the Durham report and indictments come out."

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:59 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:54 pm
Remember when Stone's house was raided by the FBI and he was whining about his wife being deaf and therefore even more frightened? I've been watching Stone and his wife coming and going into court over the last week; she responds to people on the side and he talks to her consistently. She does not turn her head to read his lips, he does not sign to her. She may have some hearing impairment but she's not "deaf." Maybe I'm overplaying this, but I find this offensive from a very offensive guy.
She could be hard of hearing and have discreet hearing aids. Deaf ≠ hard of hearing.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:03 pm

Peers do not sit in judgment of others. Neighbors of the location where the crime occurred do.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:06 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:55 pm

I was going for a pardon before midnight, but I defer to your oracular reputation.

ImageImageImage

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:08 pm

MsDaisy wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:31 pm
How long before Trump issues him a pardon I wonder....

So they now convict Roger Stone of lying and want to jail him for many years to come. Well, what about Crooked Hillary, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Shifty Schiff, Ohr & Nellie, Steele & all of the others, including even Mueller himself? Didn’t they lie?....
► Show Spoiler
....A double standard like never seen before in the history of our Country?
► Show Spoiler
Old Man - no they did obviously not lie, or - hint - were not asked questions they thought they need to lie about.

:doh: :deadhorse:

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:13 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:59 pm
TexasFilly wrote:
She could be hard of hearing and have discreet hearing aids. Deaf ≠ hard of hearing.
The Felon With The Nixon Tattoo said "deaf."

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:14 pm

► Show Spoiler
You know what they call it inside the White House when one of Trump’s cronies are convicted in federal court?

Friday.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:15 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:13 pm
pipistrelle wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:59 pm
TexasFilly wrote:
The Felon With The Nixon Tattoo said "deaf."
I know. I say he’s prevaricating based on general misunderstanding that they are the same.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:23 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:55 pm

I'm not sure you've got them in the right order :cry:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:27 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:47 pm
I mean, if lying in and of itself were the crime, Trump would be going down too. Yet that seems to be his argument with that tweet. The man has no self-awareness.

Also Rick Wilson's tweet is gold. This is expressly why I warn my clients about going nuclear and risking the judge's ire. "Hey genius: If we lose, that same judge gets to decide for how long your ass needs to be in time out, and under what conditions. So perhaps don't put all your eggs in the basket of 'things likely to piss off the judge.'"
And that works how well, how often??

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:29 pm

I’m going to go out on a limb and predict no pardon until his last few days in office.

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”