USA v Roger J. Stone, Jr., USDC-DC, Obstruction, False Statements, Witness Tampering

Sterngard Friegen

Re: USA v Roger J. Stone, Jr., USDC-DC, Obstruction, False Statements, Witness Tampering

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

They gotta deliberate.

Kendra

Re: USA v Roger J. Stone, Jr., USDC-DC, Obstruction, False Statements, Witness Tampering

Post by Kendra »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:00 am
They gotta deliberate.
I know, I know. In the meantime, some more thoughts from yesterday's arguments:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

They ought to get at least a free meal or two out of the deal.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:23 am
They ought to get at least a free meal or two out of the deal.
You ninjaed me.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

My dislike of Stone and desire to see his ass hauled off to prison is overridden by my appreciation for juries that actually take time to deliberate and ensure that the government's case has met the high standard of beyond a reasonable doubt.

Take as long as you like, jurors.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Notorial Dissent

What he said.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

fierceredpanda wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:51 am
My dislike of Stone and desire to see his ass hauled off to prison is overridden by my appreciation for juries that actually take time to deliberate and ensure that the government's case has met the high standard of beyond a reasonable doubt.

Take as long as you like, jurors.
:yeah:
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Hey, everything I learned from Birthers is that the order is, verdict, sentence, frog marching. I don't recall any deliberation in that.

Come to think of it, it may be sentence, verdict, then pad Thai.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Foggy wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:34 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:19 am
Gates is testifying about a call between Roger Stone and Donald Trump in late July 2016.

"Immediately after the phone call with Roger Stone, what did Mr. Trump say to you?" the prosecution asks.

Objection. Bench conference.
This would have been a hearsay objection. Why was it overruled?
Because it wasn't offered "to prove the truth of the matter asserted".
The Federal Rules of Evidence define hearsay as: A statement that: (1) the declarant does not make while testifying at the current trial or hearing; and (2) a party offers in evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted in the statement. (F.R.E. 801(c)).
New rule:
NOTHING said by Donald Trump can ever be offered to prove the truth of what he said. :lol:
Giving Foggy the accolades he deserves for this new rule! :rotflmao: :winner: :rockon:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Kendra wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:43 am
:waiting:
While we are waiting, there is time to read the full article about Counselor Liebowitz, his "honest mistake" and the pummeling he received from the judge to whom he lied audaciously and repeatedly.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/cat ... olo-128543 Cross-posted from "Lawyers Behaving Badly."

Here is his pic for your viewing pleasure.
rliebowitz19xx.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:47 pm
Foggy wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:34 pm
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:19 am

This would have been a hearsay objection. Why was it overruled?
Because it wasn't offered "to prove the truth of the matter asserted".
The Federal Rules of Evidence define hearsay as: A statement that: (1) the declarant does not make while testifying at the current trial or hearing; and (2) a party offers in evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted in the statement. (F.R.E. 801(c)).
New rule:
NOTHING said by Donald Trump can ever be offered to prove the truth of what he said. :lol:
Giving Foggy the accolades he deserves for this new rule! :rotflmao: :winner: :rockon:
Foggy's Postulate?
ImageImageImage x4

Tiredretiredlawyer

Foggy's Rules Postules?

fierceredpanda
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

"Sentence first, verdict afterwards."

-The Queen of Hearts (Thank you, Louis Carroll)
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Jury has a note. We are waiting to hear details.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
No verdict yet.

The jury sent a question to Judge Jackson asking if a letter Stone sent Congress identifying Randy Credico as his go-between to Assange is "testimony."

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Shimon Prokupecz@ShimonPro
There’s another note. But not a verdict.

Shimon Prokupecz@ShimonPro
"For count 3, is the question of false testimony about there being a 'single' point of contact, or that Roger Stone identified the go between as Randy Credico?"
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Judge is calling the jury back in to read a small part of the jury instructions that pertains to their question.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

These questions show the jury is taking its job seriously and really deliberating. The jury is focusing on the details. While it's always dangerous to predict a jury's verdict from a couple of ambiguous notes, this doesn't look good for Stone.
ABBC3_OFFTOPIC
I had a two week jury trial last March-April. The jury's one note asked if 9 jurors had to agree on the amount of plaintiffs' damages. While some might be consternated and think the jury was going to hang, I knew two things: First, the jury had found liability. And, second, that there would now be an auction and the jury would be given a series of lower or higher amounts until at least 9 of them could come to agreement. Of course, that's exactly what happened.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Fun story about Roger...

And...

Infowars Roger.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#Birther #Grifter #Liar Mike Zullo is Too Hot For TV! And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season in March on weTV!

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Done for the day.

#Birther #Grifter #Liar Mike Zullo is Too Hot For TV! And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season in March on weTV!

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Because the secret of Roger Stone—I should say one of the secrets—is that while he is a creature of New York and Washington, he is, at heart, the Florida Man of politics.
Oooh, what a burn.
I've heard this bull before.

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson »

ROGER STONE REPORTEDLY PLEADS TO TRUMP THROUGH ALEX JONES AS JURY DELIBERATES HIS FATE: PLEASE 'PARDON ME'

"Roger Stone's message is this," Jones said during Thursday's broadcast of Infowars' The Alex Jones Show, "He expected to be convicted. He said, 'Only a miracle can save me now,' that was exact words to me last night and this morning."

"And he said to me, 'Alex, barring a miracle, I appeal to God and I appeal to your listeners for prayer, and I appeal to the president to pardon me because to do so would be an action that would show these corrupt courts that they're not going to get away with persecuting people for their free speech or for the crime of getting the president elected,'" Jones continued, adding that Stone asserted, "If we don't do that, it will embolden their criminal activity."
https://www.newsweek.com/roger-stone-re ... on-1471905
Am I being detained?

Notorial Dissent

Strange, two liars lying, at the same time, jointly. I will grant that if any of this is true, that Stone is pretty sure he's brunt toast. I can't see him getting any kind of a sympathy vote, and he really is quite unlikeable come to it. That, coupled with the evidence, as opposed to ebidenses does not bode well for him. As to a pardon, why, he's of absolutely NO value to Der Trumpenführer now and is proving an embarrassment, and besides, the big guy has huuger worser things to occupy his mind now. I would suspect Stone and Jones don't even make the list of things to ignore.

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda »

Stone's old buddy Paul is still waiting for his pardon, too.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

How is this not a violation of the gag order?
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”