USA v Roger J. Stone, Jr., USDC-DC, Obstruction, False Statements, Witness Tampering

Sterngard Friegen

Re: USA v Roger J. Stone, Jr., USDC-DC, Obstruction, False Statements, Witness Tampering

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:46 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:45 pm
Orbly did it and look where it got her. :rotflmao: GIL isn't any less of a klown.
One of the greatest moments in birferdom.

And I wasn't there. :crying:

(But I was working with our Georgia counsel and someone decided none of us should be there.)

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Re: USA v Roger J. Stone, Jr., USDC-DC, Obstruction, False Statements, Witness Tampering

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:58 pm

Anybody got the YouTube link to that? It was hilarious. Entertainment while waiting to see if Roger goes to jail.

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:21 am

There was no YouTube that I know of, but TWLITHOTU used to sell a video on a DVD. I think Dean Haskins made it. But remember I'm a :geezertowel:

I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:49 am

Thanks, All! I had forgots the charges against Stone. As they say, context is everything.

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:53 am

Orlylicious wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:58 pm
Anybody got the YouTube link to that? It was hilarious. Entertainment while waiting to see if Roger goes to jail.
I think this is the same trial. YOu have no idea the amount of good hearted Condervitives I had to sacrifice to resurect this. Their patriotic bloot stung my foul skin as it gushed upon the tree io liberty.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:59 am

Taitz actually boxed these embarrassments as a video set and hawked them on her website. She was so clueless, and so anxious to spread lies about President Obama, that she thought her performance somehow was good for her and her mudslinging and lies. It appears that she has not changed. She continues to be an embarrassment to lawyers everywhere.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:29 pm

Suranis wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:53 am
Orlylicious wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:58 pm
I think this is the same trial. YOu have no idea the amount of good hearted Condervitives I had to sacrifice to resurect this. Their patriotic bloot stung my foul skin as it gushed upon the tree io liberty.
Thank you for your sacrifice, Suranis!!

:notworthy:

jemcanada

Post by jemcanada » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:13 pm

I remember this trial. Dr. Conspiracy is in the audience. I’m pretty sure Orly tried to enforce subpoenas from this trial in Georgia to demand Obama’s original birth records in Hawaii. There were some good hearings there with Foggy’s imaginary girlfriend Jill Nagamine. Good times!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:27 pm

There were, in fact, at least 10 of us Obots in the room for that trial, but there were many dozens of birthers, too also. We made it a meetup. I was still suffering from the Guillain-Barré syndrome that hit me in October 2011, so was late to the hearing and didn't make it to the dinner that night. I ended up in the overflow room, watching the trial live on a Tee Vee and sitting next to Carl Swensson. I didn't introduce myself. :blink:

I think that day we had more than 600 posts on Fogbow, the highest one day total in all the time we've been online. And that was with me basically out of commission the entire day.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:57 pm

Back on topic:

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:04 pm

Closings continue. Rogow, Stone's attorney:

Yes, his job is to "create" reasonable doubt. :lol: He's also questioning why the Government didn't call Corsi. Lots more, go to Darren Samuelson's thread (he's a Politico reporter who's covered this case all along).

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:03 pm

Pro tip to Mr. Rogow: When you make an argument that the Government should have called somebody the Government didn't, even though there is an instruction on this point, jurors will nevertheless often wonder why Stone wasn't called to explain his own testimony. Jurors are, after all, only human beings.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:27 pm

If he's claiming Corsi is such an important witness, won't the jury wonder why Stone didn't put him on the stand? :think: :confused:

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:32 pm

Foggy wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:27 pm
If he's claiming Corsi is such an important witness, won't the jury wonder why Stone didn't put him on the stand? :think: :confused:
Will the prosecution get an opportunity to put that idea to the jury?

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:18 pm

Roll Call
Roger Stone’s lies caused inaccurate House Russia report, Mueller team says

Defense says the longtime Trump confidant had no 'motive' to lie

Lawyers delivered closing arguments Wednesday in the trial of Roger Stone, a longtime Republican political operative and confidant of President Donald Trump accused of lying to Congress about his interactions with the president’s 2016 campaign and his connections to WikiLeaks.

Stone pleaded not guilty in January to a seven-count indictment of lying to investigators, obstruction of justice and witness tampering. He faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted. The jury is expected to begin deliberations Thursday.

Stone and his lawyers have questioned prosecutors’ motives for pursuing the case against him, accusing them of trying to exact political retribution against Stone for his association with Trump.

Stone was the last person to be indicted by Robert S. Mueller III’s special counsel team. Trump routinely dismissed Mueller’s investigation into Russian election interference as a “witch hunt” and “hoax.”

But prosecutors argued Stone’s alleged lies to the House Intelligence Committee on Sept. 26, 2017, obstructed the congressional panel’s separate probe into Russian election interference and led lawmakers to issue incorrect conclusions.

In its final report, the committee concluded there was “no evidence” Stone had any advanced knowledge about WikiLeaks’ releases of the hacked Democratic emails. That’s because Stone’s repeated lies prevented the committee from obtaining that evidence, prosecutors said.

tek

Post by tek » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:32 pm

DJT: "Roger who?"

There's no way back
from there to here

bob

Post by bob » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:32 pm

Poltico: Feds’ closing argument: Roger Stone made the House Russia report ‘not accurate’:
Prosecutors also implied that Stone’s misdirection caused special counsel Robert Mueller to potentially lose out on key evidence.

“Stone not only tried, he succeeded in impeding the committee’s investigation,” [AUSA Jonathan] Kravis said. “The committee report is not accurate.”

The prosecutor pointed to where the House panel declared in its March 2018 report that it “did not find any evidence contradicting Stone's claim” that everything he said when boasting about the damage to Hillary Clinton’s campaign came from publicly available information.

“No evidence? Really?” Kravis said. “How about that Aug. 2 email from Jerome Corsi?”

“The committee never saw any of those documents because Mr. Stone lied to the committee and told the committee that those did not exist,” Kravis said.

Kravis’ point, made for the first time near the end of his closing arguments, was intended to head off legalistic points from Stone’s defense that he’s not guilty because any possible misstatements or withheld emails were not “material” to the House committee’s probe. Stone’s attorneys have argued that the committee’s stated focus was Russian interference, not WikiLeaks or Assange.

“The documents were not relevant because they were not about Russian interference,” Stone defense attorney Bruce Rogow said in his own closing arguments. The lawyer added that Stone’s WikiLeaks-related communications with figures like Trump campaign deputy Rick Gates and campaign CEO Steve Bannon “had nothing to do” with Russian influence on the presidential race.

“There was no purpose for Mr. Stone to have to lie about anything to protect the campaign when the campaign was doing nothing wrong in being interested in this information,” Rogow said, who added the Trump team broke no laws when it expressed delight at the prospect of WikiLeaks document dumps at the detriment of Clinton.

Rogow in his closing argument also insisted the lying allegations don’t make sense given the GOP operative volunteered to testify. And he claimed there wasn’t even a reason for Stone to lie since his efforts to glean insight into WikiLeaks’ plans was not illegal.

“So much of this case deals with that question that you need to ask, ‘So what?’” Rogow said.

Michael Marando, a federal prosecutor who stepped in to make the government’s final points, became so animated as he railed against Stone's defense that fellow prosecutor Aaron Zelinsky poured extra water for his colleague and pushed it his way.

The government attorney then attacked Rogow’s “So what?” remark.

“So what? So what?” the prosecutor said, incredulously. “If that’s the state of affairs that we’re in, I’m pretty shocked. Truth matters. Truth still matters. OK?”

He barreled ahead.

“Mr. Stone came in and he lied to Congress, he obstructed their investigation and he tampered with a witness,” he added. “And that matters and you don't look at that and say, 'So what?' And for those reasons we ask you to find him guilty of the charged offenses."

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:59 pm

Rogow didn't use the current magic words: "Get over it."

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:17 pm

jemcanada wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:13 pm
I remember this trial. Dr. Conspiracy is in the audience. I’m pretty sure Orly tried to enforce subpoenas from this trial in Georgia to demand Obama’s original birth records in Hawaii. There were some good hearings there with Foggy’s imaginary girlfriend Jill Nagamine. Good times!
That’s definitely the Atlanta ballot access hearing. In the first frames you can see The back heads of Doc C, Mrs. C, and Loren. I’m sitting directly behind Loren. You can see the top of my frizzy head in some shots.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:56 pm

Gosh, thanks so much for finding these Suranis, hilarious! Here's Part 3, you have Part 2 twice above (took me a minute too so all good).

Part III has the magic moment at 17 minutes in... she jumps to testify and raises her right hand. Comedy Gold. Vattelvision sure had lousy equipment, hard to believe anyone could make Orly's voice harder to listen to but they did!

And the YouTube attempt at transcript makes as much sense as Orly Taitz:
17:53 actually personally contacted a high bar
17:56 inquired about it I was called their
17:59 interest about you did not see it's not
18:02 a problem I found this in the bar again
18:05 and I'd immediate investigation in which
18:08 time yep Obama's record with identity
18:11 was changed from galactic who ignored a
18:15 long practice for mr. Obama has to be
18:20 signed from the party diva just move
18:22 license then I believe I was a crowd is
18:26 not illegal
:lol:

It's really inspired. Great while waiting for Roger's verdict.

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:52 am

The jury is expected to begin deliberations Thursday.
Yeah, baby! That's what I'm talkin' about! :banana:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:51 am

I'm astounded that they actually did essentially a two day trial. I'm guessing since Roger Dodger didn't /couldn't testify without basically hanging himself, his email history having done a good enough job of that as it was, and since he couldn't call his former bestest bestie, Corsi, without further sinking his frail tissue of lies, and he didn't seem to have any other candidates, he was stuck with his lawyer saying repeatedly "he didn't done it", and the facts, nasty terrible things that they are, and emails, saying, "nunh uh oh yes he did" very loudly. Sucks to be him. Sucks to be Corsi, too also, but that is for another day. Wonder how long the jury will take.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:37 am

The jury will be back tomorrow after lunch. The jurors do have to wade through enough of the emails, and discuss them, to give them assurance Stone did what the prosecution said he did. He'll be found guilty but will look to Trump after his sentencing next year for a pardon.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:37 am

Tomorrow after lunch? :o

:whisper: I'm not good at delayed gratification.

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”