USA v. Richard Pinedo; USDC for DC; ID Theft, Wire Fraud Re 2016 Election - GUILTY PLEA

Volkonski

Re: USA v. Richard Pinedo; USDC for DC; ID Theft, Wire Fraud Re 2016 Election - GUILTY PLEA

Post by Volkonski » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:05 pm

Richard Pinedo becomes third person sentenced in Mueller probe

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... d_nn_tw_ma
Richard Pinedo, a cooperating witness in special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe, was sentenced Wednesday to six months in prison and six months of home confinement for engaging in a scheme to sell fake online identities that were used by the 13 Russians indicted by Mueller for 2016 election interference.

At the sentencing Pinedo, 28, said he has been threatened since pleading guilty and fears for his life.

:snippity:

"I take full responsibility for what I've done," he said. "Never did it cross my mind that the services that I offered would be used to commit the highest crimes."

Pinedo said that he's been threatened since pleading guilty. "I've been told that if I ever leave the country, the Russians will poison me," he said.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Lani

Re: USA v. Richard Pinedo; USDC for DC; ID Theft, Wire Fraud Re 2016 Election - GUILTY PLEA

Post by Lani » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:44 pm

He should be scared. Manafort, Papadopoulos, etc., too. Also, stay away from windows that aren't on the ground floors.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Jcolvin2

Post by Jcolvin2 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:23 pm

10/10/2018 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Dabney L. Friedrich: Sentencing held on 10/10/2018 as to RICHARD PINEDO. The defendant was sentenced to one (1) year of incarceration on Count 1, with six (6) months of that sentence to be served in the Bureau of Prisons, followed by a term of twenty-four (24) months of supervised release with six months of home detention as a special condition of the supervised release, and a $100.00 special assessment. Defendant ORDERED to self-surrender on a date determined by the Bureau of Prisons and the US Probation Office. Bond Status of Defendant: Personal Recognizance; Court Reporter: Sara Wick; Defense Attorney: Jeremy Lessem; US Attorneys (DOJ Special Counsel): Jeannie Sclafani Rhee, Lawrence Atkinson, and Ryan Dickey; Prob Officer: Kelly Kramer-Soares. (jl) Modified on 10/10/2018 to reflect correct sentencing language. (Entered: 10/10/2018)

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”