USA v Michael T. Flynn; USDC for DC; False Statements to FBI; Guilty Plea

Chilidog

Re: USA v Michael T. Flynn; USDC for DC; False Statements to FBI; Guilty Plea

Post by Chilidog »

Does a felony conviction cost Flynn his army pension / benefits?

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Chilidog wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:50 pm
OK, that one I am sure about. No. The only way he can lose his pension and other benefits is if he is recalled to active duty, convicted at court-martial, and sentenced to a dismissal. That is the ONLY way a military member who is retired based on a 20-year retirement can lose his or her pension.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl »

Chilidog wrote:
Something I read somewhere by someone who might actually know, indicates that it's unlikely Flynn would lose his pension/benefits.

:gotalink: NO, I DON'T.

Maybenaut might have some info on this?
Edit: Edited to add: Maybenaut anticipated my entreaty. Percipient!
Reminder: Despite all of Sidney's Slaverings, Flynn has never changed his guilty plea. So I guess it's Brady or nuthin'. Judge Sullivan is a demon for Brady violations. Ted Stevens, anyone?

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Thank you Stern. I'll start referring to her as #DeepStateSydney on Twitter. :P And the Government's reply answered most of the other questions. Thanks all!

Govt Flynn.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season coming in March on weTV!

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Very nice.

Helped out Matty Woking from state run propaganda, hope it helps, he's so often wrong!

Matt Wolking (Text TRUMP to 88022)Verified account @MattWolking
Deputy Director of Communications - Rapid Response for @realdonaldtrump’s 2020 campaign. 🇺🇸 first!

Hi Matty, found a typo - you must mean "DISGRACED" @GenFlynn. Fired twice and a traitor. Thanks to the antics of #DeepStateSidney @SidneyPowell1 , lawyers now expect his sentence to increase to 30 months. Good news for #USA. #LockHimUp #Flynn #Criminal #BadLawyering #RussianAsset

Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season coming in March on weTV!

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

If they were going to dismiss, wouldn't they just well dismiss and not postpone?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Had to thank #DeepStateSidney, what a gal.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

:lol:

Jcolvin2

Post by Jcolvin2 »

NMgirl wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:03 pm
Chilidog wrote:
Something I read somewhere by someone who might actually know, indicates that it's unlikely Flynn would lose his pension/benefits.

:gotalink: NO, I DON'T.

Maybenaut might have some info on this?
Edit: Edited to add: Maybenaut anticipated my entreaty. Percipient!
Reminder: Despite all of Sidney's Slaverings, Flynn has never changed his guilty plea. So I guess it's Brady or nuthin'. Judge Sullivan is a demon for Brady violations. Ted Stevens, anyone?
Section 8312 of Title 5 provides for the loss of federal pension/retirement benefits for a relatively narrow range of crimes, which does not appear to include lying to the FBI:https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/5/8312

Sterngard Friegen

Can you collect the pension while in prison?

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:42 am
Ask Admiral Fitzfundfilcher.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Yes. They probably don’t allow you to set up direct deposit to your commissary fund, though. :wink:
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Sterngard Friegen

TexasFilly wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:52 am
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Ask Admiral Fitzfundfilcher.
I don't think he'd tell me. :daydream: But thanks to Maybe for telling me. :lovestruck:

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

DOJ has filed its Response to @SidneyPowell1 motion to compel production of documents in the Flynn case:

46 pages:

TechnoFog has a lot of beef with the government's reply. https://twitter.com/Techno_Fog

Addie

Post by Addie »

Cross-posting

Politico
Feds release Flynn interview notes

Flynn's new defense team has mounted an extraordinarily broad attack on Mueller’s team and the FBI.

Federal prosecutors seeking to bolster their defense of the investigation into former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn took an unusual step Friday: releasing the handwritten notes of two FBI agents who conducted a fateful January 2017 White House interview during which he allegedly lied about his dealings with Russia.

The disclosure came as a new defense team led by a prominent critic of former special counsel Robert Mueller’s office, Sidney Powell, has mounted an extraordinarily broad attack on Mueller’s team and the FBI, accusing them of altering key evidence in the case and essentially tricking Flynn into the guilty plea he offered in December 2017 and reaffirmed a year later.

In a court filing Friday that included the notes and other records, prosecutors roundly rejected the defense’s new tack.

“The defendant’s protestations of innocence and being misled into a guilty plea are demonstrably false,” wrote prosecutor Brandon Van Grack, who handled Flynn’s case for Mueller and is now the lead prosecutor on it for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Washington.

Van Grack also dismissed Flynn’s lawyers’ claims that the FBI agents changed the report on the interview in any significant way as it went through several drafts.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

"At the appropriate time". Why hasn't he withdrawn his guilty plea if he's so confident?

Jim

Post by Jim »

Orlylicious wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:13 pm
"At the appropriate time". Why hasn't he withdrawn his guilty plea if he's so confident?
Isn't that what he's basically doing? Seems like he's taking the government to court now.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Jim, I think I read that if he withdraws the guilty plea, then the government can come back and charge him with a lot more. Seems like he'd like to have it both ways.

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

What prosecutor is gonna say "never mind, my bad" after the defendant pleads guilty?

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Turtle wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:11 pm
What prosecutor is gonna say "never mind, my bad" after the defendant pleads guilty?
Bill Barr and his DOJ lackeys.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Orlylicious wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:45 pm
Jim, I think I read that if he withdraws the guilty plea, then the government can come back and charge him with a lot more. Seems like he'd like to have it both ways.
Yeah, he isn't going to take the chance that if he withdraws the plea the charges might not get dismissed. Then he's fucked. Unless he gets pardoned, which seems less and less likely.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Orlylicious wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:13 pm

The opening of the "Sur-Surreply" suggests that Flynn's lawyers did not seek leave to file their sur-surreply?
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

De minimis.

Everyone they want to read it will read it, and even if it was stricken they could argue their points at the hearing of the motion.

Didn't Phil Berg or some other birther lawyer do this, i.e., never let the other guy have the last word? I know ol' Wifehorn is a practitioner of the theory, too also.
In my language, "raining hard" means almost the exact opposite of "hardly raining". :shock:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

listeme

Post by listeme »

Who the heck is technofog?
We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Not I, said the little red rooster. :nope: :talktothehand:
In my language, "raining hard" means almost the exact opposite of "hardly raining". :shock:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”